🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White Americans Are Becoming The Minority. Here's What That Means

Do you know what your IQ is?

I do, 131.

Mine changes with virtually every test. Leading me to believe that they're not terribly reliable indicators of intelligence.

It may vary slightly, but I doubt by much. The inescapable fact is that as a group blacks score lower on IQ tests than whites.

And I'm will waiting for anyone to back up the 'blacks have an average 85 IQ'.

Apparently you thought my link to the freaking Brookings Institution was pointing to some TEA Party front, so how about the New York Times, would they be honest middlemen to a liberal like you"

MOST social scientists know - though few publicly discuss it - that there has been a puzzling gap of about 15 points in I.Q. test scores, on average, between blacks and whites in America ever since the tests were first widely used more than 70 years ago. . . . .

There are blacks among the brightest 1 percent on I.Q. tests, just as there are whites among those with the lowest scores. But on the whole, the difference in I.Q. points between the groups is quite significant. It means that the top sixth of blacks score only as well on I.Q. tests as do the top half of whites.

That gap exists not only between blacks and whites, but also, to a lesser degree, between whites and certain other underprivileged minorities, notably Mexican-Americans, native Hawaiians and American Indians.​

To be honest, I think that gap is closing, and I don't think it's cuz the blacks are getting smarter.

Apparently you thought my link to the freaking Brookings Institution was pointing to some TEA Party front, so how about the New York Times, would they be honest middlemen to a liberal like you"

MOST social scientists know - though few publicly discuss it - that there has been a puzzling gap of about 15 points in I.Q. test scores, on average, between blacks and whites in America ever since the tests were first widely used more than 70 years ago. . . . .

There are blacks among the brightest 1 percent on I.Q. tests, just as there are whites among those with the lowest scores. But on the whole, the difference in I.Q. points between the groups is quite significant. It means that the top sixth of blacks score only as well on I.Q. tests as do the top half of whites.

That gap exists not only between blacks and whites, but also, to a lesser degree, between whites and certain other underprivileged minorities, notably Mexican-Americans, native Hawaiians and American Indians.

You do realize that that article was from 1988. Reagan was still in office. That's your most current source?

And I'm still waiting for any confirmation of the IQ difference that is being cited.

I do, 131.

Mine changes with virtually every test. Leading me to believe that they're not terribly reliable indicators of intelligence.

It may vary slightly, but I doubt by much. The inescapable fact is that as a group blacks score lower on IQ tests than whites.

That gap exists not only between blacks and whites, but also, to a lesser degree, between whites and certain other underprivileged minorities, notably Mexican-Americans, native Hawaiians and American Indians.​

To be honest, I think that gap is closing, and I don't think it's cuz the blacks are getting smarter.
The gap is not closing. It may seem that way to you due to your military background where you've only been exposed to blacks who passed a AFQT theshold. Look at the failure rates for the ASVAB:

This is the first time that the U.S. Army has released this test data publicly, said Amy Wilkins of The Education Trust, a Washington, D.C.-based children's advocacy group. The study examined the scores of nearly 350,000 high school graduates, ages 17 to 20, who took the ASVAB exam between 2004 and 2009. About half of the applicants went on to join the Army.

Recruits must score at least a 31 out of 99 on the first stage of the three-hour test to get into the Army. The Marines, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard recruits need higher scores.

Further tests determine what kind of job the recruit can do with questions on mechanical maintenance, accounting, word comprehension, mathematics and science.

The study shows wide disparities in scores among white and minority students, similar to racial gaps on other standardized tests. Nearly 40 percent of black students and 30 percent of Hispanics don't pass, compared with 16 percent of whites. The average score for blacks is 38 and for Hispanics is 44, compared to whites' average score of 55.

Even those passing muster on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, or ASVAB, usually aren't getting scores high enough to snag the best jobs.​

That gap exists not only between blacks and whites, but also, to a lesser degree, between whites and certain other underprivileged minorities, notably Mexican-Americans, native Hawaiians and American Indians.

You do realize that that article was from 1988. Reagan was still in office. That's your most current source?

And I'm still waiting for any confirmation of the IQ difference that is being cited.

Come on bro, EVERY study confirms that on average blacks have lower IQs than whites. That doesn't make them less human or less equal, it just makes those who deny it look stupid.

I purposely sought out old accounts to demonstrate that this finding has been well established for a long time, not just some recent eye-opening discovery. Besides, seeing how the Brookings Institution BOOK on the topic was too difficult for your to process, I wouldn't even bother citing actual academic reports. The New York Times is plenty mainstream for most leftists.

The gap is not closing. It may seem that way to you due to your military background where you've only been exposed to blacks who passed a AFQT theshold. Look at the failure rates for the ASVAB:

This is the first time that the U.S. Army has released this test data publicly, said Amy Wilkins of The Education Trust, a Washington, D.C.-based children's advocacy group. The study examined the scores of nearly 350,000 high school graduates, ages 17 to 20, who took the ASVAB exam between 2004 and 2009. About half of the applicants went on to join the Army.

Recruits must score at least a 31 out of 99 on the first stage of the three-hour test to get into the Army. The Marines, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard recruits need higher scores.

Further tests determine what kind of job the recruit can do with questions on mechanical maintenance, accounting, word comprehension, mathematics and science.

The study shows wide disparities in scores among white and minority students, similar to racial gaps on other standardized tests. Nearly 40 percent of black students and 30 percent of Hispanics don't pass, compared with 16 percent of whites. The average score for blacks is 38 and for Hispanics is 44, compared to whites' average score of 55.

Even those passing muster on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, or ASVAB, usually aren't getting scores high enough to snag the best jobs.​

You misread.

I believe the gap is narrowing becuase whites are getting dumber, not because blacks are getting smarter.

You misread.

I believe the gap is narrowing becuase whites are getting dumber, not because blacks are getting smarter.

Dysgenic breeding doesn't produce results so quickly. Keep in mind that half of the white population has an IQ lower than 100. If you're watching too much Jerry Springer, then you're seeing a distorted picture, just like big city folks who work in offices see a distorted picture when they work alongside a black person who might be semi-qualified, or even qualified, for the job, 1 in 6 blacks is more intelligent than 1/2 of the white population but that ratio doesn't hold as we move up the IQ ladder for the shape of the distribution changes Jump up to IQ 115 and 16% of whites are over that threshold while only 2.3% of blacks surpass it. Jump to IQ 130 and 2.3% of whites meet that threshold while only 1/10th of 1% of blacks qualify.

Yeah, just like how the country split apart with all the different European races...oh wait. Now people don't even split up Europeans from different nations into races any
There are a vast amount of different cultures in the United States, yet we are doing fine. There have been vast cultural differences throughout history, to add, even among white immigrants. We survived it all.
There were vast differences in culture BUT those cultures came here to assimilate and bring their cultures into ours thus strengthening the whole. That very concept has changed though the idea that people should cling to past cultures and NOT assimilate and become Americans.
The same thing is happening now, and you use the same xenophobic arguments of the past. People said the same nonsense about the Irish, the Italians, and everyone else. Guess what? They did change what it meant to be American. You have no idea what it meant to be an American before the Irish and Italians came because you weren't alive back then, but I guarantee when they did come the culture changed.

You expect immigrants to throw away their entire culture when coming to America. That has never happened in American history, it never will, and it never should. People will keep their cherished traditions of their old cultures and adopt new ones in turn. That is truly what it means to be American.
Interesting because I never claimed anything about xenophobia or any of the other garbage that you are accusing my post of containing.

There is a clear difference between now and what was occurring in the past. I linked to a few articles to back it up. Then you come in demanding that it is nothing more than xenophobia (though it has NOTHING to do with that at all) and only back your claims up with false points I never made.

Immigrants are not supposed to 'throw' their culture away - that would entirely miss the point of the 'melting pot' and certainly would not make us stronger.
Do you know what xenophobia means? Of course you don't claim you are xenophobic...I actually laughed when I read that. The difference is a figment of your imagination.
Then you should not have a problem posting a SINGLE xenophobic claim that I have made.
Everything you have said is laced with xenophobic undertones.

There were vast differences in culture BUT those cultures came here to assimilate and bring their cultures into ours thus strengthening the whole. That very concept has changed though the idea that people should cling to past cultures and NOT assimilate and become Americans.
The same thing is happening now, and you use the same xenophobic arguments of the past. People said the same nonsense about the Irish, the Italians, and everyone else. Guess what? They did change what it meant to be American. You have no idea what it meant to be an American before the Irish and Italians came because you weren't alive back then, but I guarantee when they did come the culture changed.

You expect immigrants to throw away their entire culture when coming to America. That has never happened in American history, it never will, and it never should. People will keep their cherished traditions of their old cultures and adopt new ones in turn. That is truly what it means to be American.
Interesting because I never claimed anything about xenophobia or any of the other garbage that you are accusing my post of containing.

There is a clear difference between now and what was occurring in the past. I linked to a few articles to back it up. Then you come in demanding that it is nothing more than xenophobia (though it has NOTHING to do with that at all) and only back your claims up with false points I never made.

Immigrants are not supposed to 'throw' their culture away - that would entirely miss the point of the 'melting pot' and certainly would not make us stronger.
Do you know what xenophobia means? Of course you don't claim you are xenophobic...I actually laughed when I read that. The difference is a figment of your imagination.
Then you should not have a problem posting a SINGLE xenophobic claim that I have made.
No it isn't. He made a straightforward reference to how liberals have changed the nature of immigration away from a melting pot of European cultures to a salad bowl of races and cultures. A fondue pot of melting cheeses is different than a salad bowl of garden vegetables.

No it isn't. He made a straightforward reference to how liberals have changed the nature of immigration away from a melting pot of European cultures to a salad bowl of races and cultures. A fondue pot of melting cheeses is different than a salad bowl of garden vegetables.
It is a false reference rooted in xenophobia that you echo yourself. You just don't like the fact nonwhite immigrants are coming here. That much is clear.

It is a false reference rooted in xenophobia that you echo yourself. You just don't like the fact nonwhite immigrants are coming here. That much is clear.

Whether I like something or not doesn't bear on the accuracy of his argument.

You're absolutely right. Despite you liking it, his argument remains wholly inaccurate.

You're absolutely right. Despite you liking it, his argument remains wholly inaccurate.

Good progress, you've made ONE step towards the light of logic, now throw off the liberal training of argument by assertion and make a case rather than just stating a conclusion. We'll make a conservative of you yet, the first step on your road to salvation is to learn to think. Practice this new-fangled idea of thinking by making an argument, with use of evidence, in support of your position.

Good progress, you've made ONE step towards the light of logic, now throw off the liberal training of argument by assertion and make a case rather than just stating a conclusion. We'll make a conservative of you yet, the first step on your road to salvation is to learn to think. Practice this new-fangled idea of thinking by making an argument, with use of evidence, in support of your position.
As someone who was once conservative but abandoned it for libertarianism (not liberalism...although I know you have a hard time thinking in nonbinary terms) good luck with that.

I am responding to your baseless assertions about how immigration is a problem today because immigrants are "different" in some negative way. You have provided no evidence in support of that, other than that immigrants are not coming from Europe and tend to have darker skin.

The burden of proof is still on you to prove your initial claims.

As someone who was once conservative but abandoned it for libertarianism (not liberalism...although I know you have a hard time thinking in nonbinary terms) good luck with that.

I am responding to your baseless assertions about how immigration is a problem today because immigrants are "different" in some negative way. You have provided no evidence in support of that, other than that immigrants are not coming from Europe and tend to have darker skin.

Look moron, do you understand why we have nested comments? It's to prevent guys like you from changing the topic of shifting the goals posts.

FA-Q2 wrote:

Then you should not have a problem posting a SINGLE xenophobic claim that I have made.​

YOU wrote:

Everything you have said is laced with xenophobic undertones.​

I called you on your response:

Again you dodged the issue:

I play remedial teacher to your mentally challenged student persona:

You're still retarded:

Now you're more retarded than anyone thought possible:

Imbecile, YOU made the claim that FA_Q2's claims were xenophobic and you didn't support the charge. He challenged you and you responded with "Everything you said . . ." but didn't explain how or why. That's when I jumped in you mindless twat, so I didn't present any initial claims. Fuck, I keep forgetting how damn stupid you are after I deal with you in various discussions.

IOW, you cant produce a single example.

Why don't you try again.

Look moron, do you understand why we have nested comments? It's to prevent guys like you from changing the topic of shifting the goals posts.

FA-Q2 wrote:

Then you should not have a problem posting a SINGLE xenophobic claim that I have made.​

YOU wrote:

Everything you have said is laced with xenophobic undertones.​

I called you on your response:

Again you dodged the issue:

I play remedial teacher to your mentally challenged student persona:

You're still retarded:

Now you're more retarded than anyone thought possible:

Imbecile, YOU made the claim that FA_Q2's claims were xenophobic and you didn't support the charge. He challenged you and you responded with "Everything you said . . ." but didn't explain how or why. That's when I jumped in you mindless twat, so I didn't present any initial claims. Fuck, I keep forgetting how damn stupid you are after I deal with you in various discussions.
And anyone who looks through the entirety of the threaded comments will see the blatant xenophobia. The claim made before I accused of xenophobia has yet to be proven. Nice try, but you'd make a horrible teacher.

IOW, you cant produce a single example.

Why don't you try again.
We might as well be having this discussion:

You: I hate black people.
Me: That's racist.
You: Prove an example of me being racist.

You made an unsupported assertion about immigrants that reeked of xenophobia. Prove the assertion, or stop wasting my time. You're not even close to worth it.

Forum List

Back