🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White Christians Are Now a Minority—But They're Getting More Isolated and Less Tolerant

I support "traditional marriage" by dint of being married for 21 years. I also support the rights of my neighbours to marry the person they love, whatever their gender.
Christ defined marriage as it has been defined from the beginning. It does not include Adam and Steve.
Christ doesnt right the laws we live by.
Secularism has no Spine nor morals...
You live in a secular state.

I support "traditional marriage" by dint of being married for 21 years. I also support the rights of my neighbours to marry the person they love, whatever their gender.
Christ defined marriage as it has been defined from the beginning. It does not include Adam and Steve.
You live in a secular state.
That's why it's going to shit, secularism has no morals.... never has.

In the end, you WILL be Christian, or cease to exist.Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"
`
Thanks for the "heads up." Appreciated.

I'm a struggling Catholic but I believe Catholics should let non-Catholics be secular and have gay marriage. To me, that's separation of church and state. I just wish gays would be willing to pay the same consideration to a baker that doesn't want to make their cake. That's what being tolerant is about.

I do appreciate the shame and guilt marketing of the Catholic church by building two churches on the Las Vegas strip. ie; What a fool believes............

In the end, you WILL be Christian, or cease to exist.Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"
`

I'm a struggling Catholic but I believe Catholics should let non-Catholics be secular and have gay marriage. To me, that's separation of church and state. I just wish gays would be willing to pay the same consideration to a baker that doesn't want to make their cake. That's what being tolerant is about.

I do appreciate the shame and guilt marketing of the Catholic church by building two churches on the Las Vegas strip. ie; What a fool believes............

Did that hurt your vagina?

Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.
`
Personally, I am friends with mainly Christians....Catholic to be exact. I am not Catholic myself. I graduated from a Jesuit run university. My daughters are or have attended Catholic high schools. Academically superior than public schools, although that us my own subjective opinion. My point is, I'm not judged morally for being what I am with many Christians....gay, in my case. But I know there are also other Christian sects who see me as a "whore of Babylon" (true fact) Least ways, as they see it. Shit happens. Still, I will not fault a person who is "sincere" in their belief but still can maintain a friendship and/or relationship that transcends such artificial boundaries.

I'm a foolish dreamer.

You are 33 and you have daughters in High school?

Perhaps that's what he calls his girl friends.

Our U.S. Constitution is an example of Secularism....so you believe our U.S Constitution and those who follow it have no spine or morals. Interesting.

`

Did that hurt your vagina?

Unlike you, I respect women.

I can say honestly I've only ever met one person that when you see who they are, how they live, what they do to and for other people could be considered a true follower of the Jesus Christ of the bible. All the rest say and do whatever they like but call themselves a 'Christian' because it makes them feel good. They are more judgemental than most, except when it comes to their own behavior then they forgive themselves for anything they do. And oh lordy how they get pissed when I tell them they are not Christians. Some have actually started swinging. "Hey just as Jesus would do".

In general though I ignore religious people until they stand in front of me and try to convert me. I'm always kind I simply ask what they know about evolution. Once they see that they'll actually have to think to talk to me they leave. "Have a good day, see you next time", my response.

I get more annoyed at things like the plastic lining in a cereal box. Up until a few years ago you would open the box then grab two sides of the plastic bag and voila it would open. They started using a new plastic or glue that is built to keep the bag sealed if it swirled around in a Cat 5 hurricane for three days. WTH. Why? The old type worked fine why would you make it WORSE? The credit card scanners at the counter. You used to swipe the card and hit a button then on to life. Now you wait for the chip reader, answer 5 asinine questions every single time 'do you want cash back?'. Is this a credit card? "What, you don't know?" It's like all the technology is going backwards and making life harder and far more time consuming now and it is set up to force you to do it. Go to a web page and it goes dark and they try to force you to join something or turn off ad blockers or some other crap. There was a time not long ago when the internet just worked. You went to a web page, no forced view of some offer, no forced clicking to get rid of this and that and the other f'ing thing. You just clicked on what you were looking for. That seems like so long ago now.

Why is this stuff going backwards? Isn't technology supposed to get better with time, faster, and easier? Or does the new generation of IT techs and engineers have a new paradigm. Weird.

So if there is a Jehovah's Witness out there that can show me how to open a cereal bag in one second like they used to I am all ears for your five minutes of why God loves everyone, even new derpy IT techs.

Our U.S. Constitution is an example of Secularism....so you believe our U.S Constitution and those who follow it have no spine or morals. Interesting.
The Constitution is NOT a "Secular Document"

`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`

White Christians?

Racist much? What difference does it make what race a Christian is?

Ya POS

I can say honestly I've only ever met one person that when you see who they are, how they live, what they do to and for other people could be considered a true follower of the Jesus Christ of the bible. All the rest say and do whatever they like but call themselves a 'Christian' because it makes them feel good. They are more judgemental than most, except when it comes to their own behavior then they forgive themselves for anything they do. And oh lordy how they get pissed when I tell them they are not Christians. Some have actually started swinging. "Hey just as Jesus would do".

In general though I ignore religious people until they stand in front of me and try to convert me. I'm always kind I simply ask what they know about evolution. Once they see that they'll actually have to think to talk to me they leave. "Have a good day, see you next time", my response.

I get more annoyed at things like the plastic lining in a cereal box. Up until a few years ago you would open the box then grab two sides of the plastic bag and voila it would open. They started using a new plastic or glue that is built to keep the bag sealed if it swirled around in a Cat 5 hurricane for three days. WTH. Why? The old type worked fine why would you make it WORSE? The credit card scanners at the counter. You used to swipe the card and hit a button then on to life. Now you wait for the chip reader, answer 5 asinine questions every single time 'do you want cash back?'. Is this a credit card? "What, you don't know?" It's like all the technology is going backwards and making life harder and far more time consuming now and it is set up to force you to do it. Go to a web page and it goes dark and they try to force you to join something or turn off ad blockers or some other crap. There was a time not long ago when the internet just worked. You went to a web page, no forced view of some offer, no forced clicking to get rid of this and that and the other f'ing thing. You just clicked on what you were looking for. That seems like so long ago now.

Why is this stuff going backwards? Isn't technology supposed to get better with time, faster, and easier? Or does the new generation of IT techs and engineers have a new paradigm. Weird.

So if there is a Jehovah's Witness out there that can show me how to open a cereal bag in one second like they used to I am all ears for your five minutes of why God loves everyone, even new derpy IT techs.
All fall short... Romans 3:23-24
christianity is not a religion, it's a faith
Religion is a man-made thing

Michael J. Behe (Author of Darwin's Black Box)
The big bang? Where did that come from? You might want to read _ Sir Fred Hoyle
https://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Theory-Crisis-Michael-Denton/dp/091756152X&tag=ff0d01-20

By the way Hitler was an absolute evolutionist...

`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

The story is about white flight in religion. How is that racist?

`

- Source
`
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

These folks think white is a race...

`

- Source
`
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

Kind of like Obama is only half black? And half white… LOL

`

- Source
`
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

That doesn't denote a race only skin tone..

`

- Source
`
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

That's funny since blacks and leftists keep whining about whites.

But of course they whine about everything.

`

- Source
`
`

White Christians?

Ya POS

Progressives don't know that Obama is half white and half black? LOL

White Christians?

Ya POS

Progressives don't know that Obama is half white and half black? LOL

Lol they know little

Forum List

Back