🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White Christians Are Now a Minority—But They're Getting More Isolated and Less Tolerant

`
`

Polls, no matter how supposedly bias-free or empirical they appear, are nothing more than weather vanes at a given time. Granted, take enough of these readings in a given space and time and you build up predictable patterns. To be honest, I see Calvinism, in extremis, as being being the guiding force behind most of the Evangelical, Baptist and Fundamentalist sects. This kind of combination spawns moral self-righteousness to a very dangerous level. That's my opinion at least.
No one is more self righteous than an atheist.

Boy that's for sure.

Evangelicals and Fundamentalists give Christianity a bad name. Sorry but I have to say it. You degraded one Pres for lying under oath and in regards for having a blow job, and yet elected another Pres who is on his third marriage , had a child out of wedlock, cheated on ex wife's, boasted how he can sexually molest women and can get away with it, cheated workers, sued and was sued by everyone. A Pres who said the only dark skinned Pres. was born in another country and is doing everything to degrade him.

I am sickened to what Christianity has become in the US. Intolerance to civil rights.

Oh, let's not forget that said president (who was a good president BTW) also was fucking everything that walked but his ugly wife for decades.

I don't generally elect my officials based on what they poke or don't poke.

I do elect those who I trust (or vote against those I trust less).
As is the current so-called president. And notice the reference to Hillary Clinton as "ugly"....

`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`

Supporting traditional marriage does NOT render one a bigot.

Pop quiz. Who built the greatest nation the world has ever known? Answer: white Christians.
How is a nation that has only existed for 240 years considered the "greatest nation the world has ever seen" when compared with all the other nations the world has ever seen? What is your criteria of measurement for "greatest nation"?

Evangelicals and Fundamentalists give Christianity a bad name. Sorry but I have to say it. You degraded one Pres for lying under oath and in regards for having a blow job, and yet elected another Pres who is on his third marriage , had a child out of wedlock, cheated on ex wife's, boasted how he can sexually molest women and can get away with it, cheated workers, sued and was sued by everyone. A Pres who said the only dark skinned Pres. was born in another country and is doing everything to degrade him.

I am sickened to what Christianity has become in the US. Intolerance to civil rights.

Oh, let's not forget that said president (who was a good president BTW) also was fucking everything that walked but his ugly wife for decades.

I don't generally elect my officials based on what they poke or don't poke.

I do elect those who I trust (or vote against those I trust less).
As is the current so-called president. And notice the reference to Hillary Clinton as "ugly"....

He IS the president. There's nothing "so-called" about it.

`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`

Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.

Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.

`

- Source
`
`

What are your beliefs? Is it concerning whether white people specifically as opposed to other races belong to an organized religion or not?

Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.
`
Personally, I am friends with mainly Christians....Catholic to be exact. I am not Catholic myself. I graduated from a Jesuit run university. My daughters are or have attended Catholic high schools. Academically superior than public schools, although that us my own subjective opinion. My point is, I'm not judged morally for being what I am with many Christians....gay, in my case. But I know there are also other Christian sects who see me as a "whore of Babylon" (true fact) Least ways, as they see it. Shit happens. Still, I will not fault a person who is "sincere" in their belief but still can maintain a friendship and/or relationship that transcends such artificial boundaries.

I'm a foolish dreamer.

`

- Source
`
`

Pop quiz. Who built the greatest nation the world has ever known? Answer: white Christians.

I support "traditional marriage" by dint of being married for 21 years. I also support the rights of my neighbours to marry the person they love, whatever their gender.

People who deny this are not "supporting traditional marriage". They are acting as bigots.

Opposing Gay marriage is not "supporting traditional marriage". Its a weasel expression like "pro life".

Stick it up your arse.

`

- Source
`
`

In the end, you WILL be Christian, or cease to exist.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"

I support "traditional marriage" by dint of being married for 21 years. I also support the rights of my neighbours to marry the person they love, whatever their gender.
Christ defined marriage as it has been defined from the beginning. It does not include Adam and Steve.

Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.
`
Personally, I am friends with mainly Christians....Catholic to be exact. I am not Catholic myself. I graduated from a Jesuit run university. My daughters are or have attended Catholic high schools. Academically superior than public schools, although that us my own subjective opinion. My point is, I'm not judged morally for being what I am with many Christians....gay, in my case. But I know there are also other Christian sects who see me as a "whore of Babylon" (true fact) Least ways, as they see it. Shit happens. Still, I will not fault a person who is "sincere" in their belief but still can maintain a friendship and/or relationship that transcends such artificial boundaries.

I'm a foolish dreamer.

You are 33 and you have daughters in High school?

`

- Source
`
`

People who deny this are not "supporting traditional marriage". They are acting as bigots.

Opposing Gay marriage is not "supporting traditional marriage". Its a weasel expression like "pro life".

Stick it up your arse.

You're a stupid little twat. I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE, k*nt. I simply reject the contention that people who believe the bible's teachings on traditional marriage are bigots, asshole.

You fuckwads accuse everyone who isn't goosestepping in perfect unison with you as a "bigot". You preach tolerance and inclusion and you're the most intolerant, non-inclusive fucking k*nts in the country. Stick that up your arse, k*nt.

`

- Source
`
`

Stick it up your arse.

You're a stupid little twat. I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE, k*nt. I simply reject the contention that people who believe the bible's teachings on traditional marriage are bigots, asshole.

You fuckwads accuse everyone who isn't goosestepping in perfect unison with you as a "bigot". You preach tolerance and inclusion and you're the most intolerant, non-inclusive fucking k*nts in the country. Stick that up your arse, k*nt.
You should stop using the bigot phrase book then kid.

`

- Source
`
`

Stick it up your arse.

You should stop using the bigot phrase book then kid.

I simply said that, supporting "traditional" marriage, doesn't render one a bigot. For that you called me a bigot and told me to stick it up my ass. Yea, you're an ignorant little twat.

In the end, you WILL be Christian, or cease to exist.Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"
`
Thanks for the "heads up." Appreciated.

I'm a struggling Catholic but I believe Catholics should let non-Catholics be secular and have gay marriage. To me, that's separation of church and state. I just wish gays would be willing to pay the same consideration to a baker that doesn't want to make their cake. That's what being tolerant is about.

White people are smarter and see what organized religion actually is, a $68B/yr bilk to the American people.

People do not define Christianity, are you stupid in the head?

Forum List

Back