🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

White Christians Are Now a Minority—But They're Getting More Isolated and Less Tolerant

Who are you ?

He's a chubby gay middle aged Welshman still living with his mother and wearing the sweaters she sets out for him each morning.

........ And if this were about muzzies instead of Christians, he'd be in a veritable froth defending them, instead.

Last edited:
`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`
Dear, a country, ie America, that continuously, give cops a pass on murdering unarmed blacks, that supports a president that is all in racist, homophobic and stupid, that attend his rallies with visceral hatred, who gave their first black president hell beyond rational, who stands for everything that is hurt to minorities and minorities who murder each other on a daily basis....not only lack christian values, but ain't christians, honey.....they're what we call bad human beings.

`
Religious homophobia is driving away young people, but evangelical leaders double down on anti-LGBT bigotry

Last week, the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) put out a new report on religion in America that measured a truly remarkable shift: For the first time, almost certainly in the country’s history, people who identify as white Christians are a minority of Americans. Four out of every five Americans were self-described white Christians in 1976, but now that group only constitutes 43 percent of the U.S. population.

There are a lot of reasons for this shift, study author Robert P. Jones, who heads PRRI and is the author of “The End of White Christian America,” explained to Salon in an interview. To a large extent, Jones said, it’s the trend of “young, white people leaving Christian churches that is driving up the number of religiously unaffiliated Americans.”

This reflects, he added, “a culture clash between particularly conservative white churches and denominations and younger Americans” over issues like science, particularly climate change and evolution, and especially the rights of LGBT people.
- Source
`
Mind you, Christianity still comprises 70% of our total population but that includes blacks, Latinos, Asians and the rest. In what I see as my white generation (I'm 33), many people are still into spirituality but have totally abandon the mainstream faiths. My own beliefs are rather eclectic. If social forums are any indication, some of the most vocal Christians appear also to be the cruelest. Scary stuff.
`
The bible says kids will fall away, disrespect their parents, etc... All you're seeing is the bible being proven right, sweety.

I'm still waiting to hear about the OP being 33 and has two high school daughters.

Opposing Gay marriage is not "supporting traditional marriage". Its a weasel expression like "pro life".

Marriage, by definition, always has been, and always will be, between a man and a woman.r You cannot be in favor of, and supportive of genuine marriage, and also be in favor of the sick homosexual mockery thereof. To support the latter is to make the statement that even genuine marriage is no more sacred, and of no more value, than the sick homosexual mockery of marriage. That is a direct, hateful attack on the institution of marriage, and there is no spin that you can put on it to make it otherwise.

Last edited:
Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.
`
Personally, I am friends with mainly Christians....Catholic to be exact. I am not Catholic myself. I graduated from a Jesuit run university. My daughters are or have attended Catholic high schools. Academically superior than public schools, although that us my own subjective opinion. My point is, I'm not judged morally for being what I am with many Christians....gay, in my case. But I know there are also other Christian sects who see me as a "whore of Babylon" (true fact) Least ways, as they see it. Shit happens. Still, I will not fault a person who is "sincere" in their belief but still can maintain a friendship and/or relationship that transcends such artificial boundaries.

I'm a foolish dreamer.

What is foolish and why is it a dream.

I have gay friends who parents are devout. But they decided to let someone else sort that out in the future.

They simply love their children as they believe they were taught to do.

Do they accept homsexuality ? Not at all. But they have made it clear they will not let that or anything else com between them and their children.

What is foolish and why is it a dream.I have gay friends who parents are devout. But they decided to let someone else sort that out in the future.They simply love their children as they believe they were taught to do. Do they accept homsexuality ? Not at all. But they have made it clear they will not let that or anything else com between them and their children.
`
The last statement was rhetorical. I was referring to myself. My parents don't accept me. As you pointed out, some parents do accept their children's homosexuality; Love the sinner, hate the sin.

D.ear, a country, ie America, that continuously, give cops a pass on murdering unarmed blacks, that supports a president that is all in racist, homophobic and stupid, that attend his rallies with visceral hatred, who gave their first black president hell beyond rational, who stands for everything that is hurt to minorities and minorities who murder each other on a daily basis....not only lack christian values, but ain't christians, honey.....they're what we call bad human beings
`
Tu Quoque. Stick with the topic. If you want to talk about police shooting people, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic, make your own thread.

Whats so scary about it? Do you think they are going to start murdering people, planting bombs, hanging people from trees, etc? Tell us what you are so scared of.
`
Intolerant, hateful and cruel Christians. I'm not scared for myself, I'm scared for this nation if they ever get into power here in the US.

Opposing Gay marriage is not "supporting traditional marriage". Its a weasel expression like "pro life".

Marriage, by definition, always has been, and always will be, between a man and a woman.r You cannot be in favor of, and supportive of genuine marriage, and also be in favor of the sick homosexual mockery thereof. To support the latter is to make the statement that even genuine marriage is no more sacred, and of no more value, than the sick homosexual mockery of marriage. That is a direct, hateful attack on the institution of marriage, and there is no spin that you can put on it to make it otherwise.
As ever Bob I struggle to decipher the crap you spout. My happy married life is in no way threatened by the two old fellas across the road wanting to get married. I see it as a positive that two people love each other and want to commit.

Of course you have a backward irrational hatred of Gay people, primarily because you need somebody to hate.

I tell you what might be considered a threat to marriage. Some old knobhead trading in his wife for a younger model every couple of years. That is a sick mockery. And you elected him as President.

Has not been my experience with religious Christians. The ones I have personally known have been some of the best people I have ever known.Keep your eyes and mind open. YOu might find new and shocking data coming your way before long.
`
Personally, I am friends with mainly Christians....Catholic to be exact. I am not Catholic myself. I graduated from a Jesuit run university. My daughters are or have attended Catholic high schools. Academically superior than public schools, although that us my own subjective opinion. My point is, I'm not judged morally for being what I am with many Christians....gay, in my case. But I know there are also other Christian sects who see me as a "whore of Babylon" (true fact) Least ways, as they see it. Shit happens. Still, I will not fault a person who is "sincere" in their belief but still can maintain a friendship and/or relationship that transcends such artificial boundaries.

I'm a foolish dreamer.

I am glad that you have not closed yourself off from people for religious reasons.

Whats so scary about it? Do you think they are going to start murdering people, planting bombs, hanging people from trees, etc? Tell us what you are so scared of.
`
Intolerant, hateful and cruel Christians. I'm not scared for myself, I'm scared for this nation if they ever get into power here in the US.
No body is more hateful,intolerant and cruel than atheists.

Genocide through oppression and attrition. White Christians were 90% of the population no so long ago.

No body is more hateful,intolerant and cruel than atheists.
`
I'm not saying they are not. However, in real life, I just have not really run into any atheists like that. It's just an experience I've never had.

D.ear, a country, ie America, that continuously, give cops a pass on murdering unarmed blacks, that supports a president that is all in racist, homophobic and stupid, that attend his rallies with visceral hatred, who gave their first black president hell beyond rational, who stands for everything that is hurt to minorities and minorities who murder each other on a daily basis....not only lack christian values, but ain't christians, honey.....they're what we call bad human beings
`
Tu Quoque. Stick with the topic. If you want to talk about police shooting people, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic, make your own thread.
Since when do I listen to you!!

Forum List

Back