White man shoots innocent black teen....

Nope the momment is when Zimmerman confronted Trayvon.

If Trayvon felt threatened under this stupid florida law he had a right to protect himself just like the right claims Zimmerman did.

Who was stalking whom that night?

That is your answer.
If Trayvon did ANYTHING at all to Zimmerman than he was merely protecting himself.

If he followed him to Zimmerman's rv and cold cocked him, and got him down and tried to kick his head in (have you heard of curbing?) then I'd say zimmerman was right to defend himself.

Do you know what curb stomping is? Most teenaged boys do:

"Curb stomp is when you place someone's mouth on a cement curb, and then stomp on their head from behind to break out their teeth"
What is curb stomping? | ChaCha

In street fights, there is no positioning..they get the person down and they jump on the head when it's against the curb. It's deadly.

If that were his statement to the cops that night, and taking into consideration other witnesses and his wounds, and the law, yes, it would explain it.

Still, there is a lot we don't know.

It will be interesting if the newly assigned states attorney reaches the same conclusion.

It would also be interesting to know that if all this is true, why didn't the police say so to begin with? Especially before the police chief stepped down. Just not making sense.
It might make sense if the police didn't expect all this national uproar. They usually keep their cards close to their chests.

My first thought when I read that from the Sentinal is that they are reporting it to try to diffuse the public anger, which is just as irresponsible as reporting to the public anger, IMO.

The press needs to just report the facts, when they report. The can editorialize in an editorial.
Maybe....but the national uproar could have been averted days ago if this is true.

Apparently the Police Report shows that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of his head and nose when they got there. Wish we could access that report on line.

. . . .Craig Sonner, Zimmerman’s attorney, insisted on NBC’s “Today” show Monday that his client had been acting in self defense, noting that the neighborhood watch captain had suffered physical injuries from his encounter with Martin.

“When the evidence comes out it will show that George Zimmerman was acting in self defense in this case,” he said. “George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, injuries to the back of his head, and signs of a scuffle, being grass-stained on the back of his shirt.”
Sonner added, “It’s not a racial issue. George Zimmerman is absolutely not a racist. This, whatever happened that night was in self defense.”

Meanwhile, Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin’s family, said that the teenager’s parents do not support the recent death threats made against Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding since Martin’s death caused an uproar.

“They do not endorse or condone this. They want a lawful arrest in this case. They want the justice system and they want the legal system to work,” she said in an appearance on CNN

Jackson argued that the police in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was shot last month, “either bungled or ignored completely” an investigation into the incident.
“Our legal team has had to put together investigators and take interview witness statements, pretty much trace the whole scene again and we’re willing to turn that information over to the prosecutors,” she said. . . .

Read more: Trayvon Martin shooting: Gov. Rick Scott: Give George Zimmerman ?due process? - POLITICO.com

Apparently the Police Report shows that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of his head and nose when they got there. Wish we could access that report on line.

. . . .Craig Sonner, Zimmerman’s attorney, insisted on NBC’s “Today” show Monday that his client had been acting in self defense, noting that the neighborhood watch captain had suffered physical injuries from his encounter with Martin.

“When the evidence comes out it will show that George Zimmerman was acting in self defense in this case,” he said. “George Zimmerman suffered a broken nose, injuries to the back of his head, and signs of a scuffle, being grass-stained on the back of his shirt.”
Sonner added, “It’s not a racial issue. George Zimmerman is absolutely not a racist. This, whatever happened that night was in self defense.”

Meanwhile, Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin’s family, said that the teenager’s parents do not support the recent death threats made against Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding since Martin’s death caused an uproar.

“They do not endorse or condone this. They want a lawful arrest in this case. They want the justice system and they want the legal system to work,” she said in an appearance on CNN

Jackson argued that the police in Sanford, Fla., where Martin was shot last month, “either bungled or ignored completely” an investigation into the incident.
“Our legal team has had to put together investigators and take interview witness statements, pretty much trace the whole scene again and we’re willing to turn that information over to the prosecutors,” she said. . . .

Read more: Trayvon Martin shooting: Gov. Rick Scott: Give George Zimmerman ?due process? - POLITICO.com

When I read something like that it really angers me at the father. If his father cared about Trayvon, he would not have allowed him to roam the streets at night. He would have been grounded for being suspended and not walking the streets at night. The father is as much to blame as anyone.

OMG, you're right - a responsible father wouldn't let his teenage son walk out in his girlfriend's secure neighborhood and go buy skittles.

It's the father's fault that a chickenshit with a gun for balls decided Trayvon needed to be the one who didn't get away.

Here's the cop report.

:)

OMG, you're right - a responsible father wouldn't let his teenage son walk out in his girlfriend's secure neighborhood and go buy skittles.

It's the father's fault that a chickenshit with a gun for balls decided Trayvon needed to be the one who didn't get away.

His SUSPENDED son. Boys that age don't need to be roaming streets at night. Bad things happen to them, and they do bad things.

Idiots like you need to quit telling the parents it's okay to be sloppy and dumb.

When I read something like that it really angers me at the father. If his father cared about Trayvon, he would not have allowed him to roam the streets at night. He would have been grounded for being suspended and not walking the streets at night. The father is as much to blame as anyone.
I would imagine the father is blaming himself a lot, even though he has no reason to do so.

How very sad for him that some blame him.

His SUSPENDED son. Boys that age don't need to be roaming streets at night. Bad things happen to them, and they do bad things.

Idiots like you need to quit telling the parents it's okay to be sloppy and dumb.

Walking to a 7-11 during a television game break isn't "roaming the streets". It was a family night.

I would imagine the father is blaming himself a lot, even though he has no reason to do so.

His son should have been at home being punished for being suspended from school. The father controlled the situation from the beginning.

One of my best friends grew up in Sanford. His family has been there for generations. His father was on the city council. His grandfather was a successful businessman. He is also very much an opponent of Bush and conservatives, so he isn't your typical Republican.

He, his father and a few others sat down over the weekend for over two hours with a NY Times reporter in a Sanford restaurant. What you have been hearing and seeing in the press is, according to him, a gross distortion of what has happened in Sanford. I just had lunch with him. This is some of what he told me. I'll add some more later.

Zimmerman was clearly over the top. He was one of these guys who fancied himself a policeman but who wasn't. The police instruct neighborhood watch volunteers to report suspects, not chase after them. He did not listen to the dispatcher who told him to not follow. Zimmerman had been a resident if the area for only a few years.

Martin was something like 6'3". He was from Miami visiting his girlfriend. He had been suspended from school for nonviolent reasons.

The Sanford police appear to not have done much wrong, given the timeline of what they knew and when they knew it. They were at the scene of the crime from 8pm to 3am. But it's a small police force that often doesn't deal with this. The police chief had been there for only 10 months and was brought in to make the force more professional. He stepped down due to political pressure.

The main complaint of the black community towards the police is not white on black crime but black on black crime. The demonstrations in Sanford are mostly people who are bussed in. They aren't locals. The black leaders such as Jackson and Sharpton are demagoguing the issue.

There had been 300 reports to the police of potential incidents in the gated community. The community is primarily condos in an industrial part of town by the Interstate. The community opened in 2007. Condos that sold for $250k back then are being sold for $80k now. Sanford Housing shut down all the projects in 2010, and residents have moved elsewhere, including this community.

More later.

Last edited:

Walking to a 7-11 during a television game break isn't "roaming the streets". It was a family night.

Television game break? Do you know the concept of what being grounded is? No leaving the house no TV no friends no phone calls

His son should have been at home being punished for being suspended from school. The father controlled the situation from the beginning.
You parent differently than he does. :mad: Maybe you should be more focused on being thankful that none of your loved ones got shot dead if you ever made a 'mistake' in disciplining as a parent.

One of my best friends grew up in Sanford. His family has been there for generations. His father was on the city council. His grandfather was a successful businessman. He is also very much an opponent of Bush and conservatives, so he isn't your typical Republican.

He, his father and a few others sat down over the weekend for over two hours with a NY Times reporter in a Sanford restaurant. What you have been hearing and seeing in the press is, according to him, a gross distortion of what has happened in Sanford. I just had lunch with him. This is some of what he told me. I'll add some more later.

Zimmerman was clearly over the top. He was one of these guys who fancied himself a policeman but who wasn't. The police instruct neighborhood watch volunteers to report suspects, not chase after them. He did not listen to the dispatcher who told him to not follow. Zimmerman had been a resident if the area for only a few years.

Jackson was something like 6'3". He was from Miami visiting his girlfriend. He had been suspended from school for nonviolent reasons.

The Sanford police appear to not have done much wrong, given the timeline of what they knew and when they knew it. They were at the scene of the crime from 8pm to 3am. But it's a small police force that often doesn't deal with this. The police chief had been there for only 10 months and was brought in to make the force more professional. He stepped down due to political pressure.

The main complaint of the black community towards the police is not white on black crime but black on black crime. The demonstrations in Sanford are mostly people who are bussed in. They aren't locals. The black leaders such as Jackson and Sharpton are demagoguing the issue.

There had been 300 reports to the police of potential incidents in the gated community. The community is primarily condos in an industrial part of town by the Interstate. The community opened in 2007. Condos that sold for $250k back then are being sold for $80k now. Sanford Housing shut down all the projects in 2010, and residents have moved elsewhere, including this community.

More later.
The suspension has been reported as behavioral issues.

You parent differently than he does. :mad: Maybe you should be more focused on being thankful that none of your loved ones got shot dead if you ever made a 'mistake' in disciplining as a parent.

You're right that's why I was and am a good parent when my kids misbehaved they were punished accordingly. If they were grounded they did not get to leave the house. OH and if they were suspended from school which they never were, they would have been grounded for two months if not more.

Last edited:

Television game break? Do you know the concept of what being grounded is? No leaving the house no TV no friends no phone calls

I don't care what your idea of being "grounded" is. I don't care that YOU think Trayvon should have be grounded.

A boy should be able to walk to a 7-11 and back without being targeted by a freak with a gun.

Jackson was something like 6'3". He was from Miami visiting his girlfriend. He had been suspended from school for nonviolent reasons.

More later.

who is Jackson?

I don't care what your idea of being "grounded" is. I don't care that YOU think Trayvon should have be grounded.

A boy should be able to walk to a 7-11 and back without being targeted by a freak with a gun.

The boy as you put it was suspended from school he should have been punished for that any good father would at least ground their child as punishment. And if he is being punished he should not have been allowed to go to the 7/11. He should not have jumped the fence in the gated community,m he should have not hit Zimmerman when Zimmerman was walking away.

I don't really know what parents go through raising teens these days, but I do know a lot of them do fear for the safety and welfare of their kids these days. But I won't blame or accuse Martin's parents for allowing him to be out at Age 17.

In my days as a teenager or that of my kids, a 17-year-old was treated mostly as an adult with expectations that he/she exercise more adult responsibility. They would be eligible for the draft in one more year, eligible to buy 3/2 beer (in Kansas), and would be going off to college inside of a year. In my generation and especially the generation immediately preceding mine, a 17 year old, especially a female, was considered old enough to get married and have children. My oldest sister-in-law had two kids by the time she was 17 and two more by the time she was 20; raised them competently, and she and her hushand had been married for more than 55 years when she finally succumbed to cancer not long ago. At age 17, I was practically emancipated.

Certainly my kids were driving themselves to school at age 17, were out having fun at night with their friends many evenings, especially on weekends, and while I worried they might be tempted with liquor or other drugs, I never feared that they would be shot on the streets. Certainly not in a nicer gated community. That kind of violence has been something that has developed over just the last couple of decades in most places.

Few kids committing serious crimes at Age 17 are treated as juveniles. Most are tried as adults. And again, I don't know who started the confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman or exactly what happened, but a violent 17-year old is every bit as capable of inflicting serious injury as any adult.

Last edited:
I don't really know what parents go through raising teens these days, but I do know a lot of them do fear for the safety and welfare of their kids these days. But I won't blame or accuse Martin's parents for allowing him to be out at Age 17.

In my days as a teenager or that of my kids, a 17-year-old was treated mostly as an adult with expectations that he/she exercise more adult responsibility. They would be eligible for the draft in one more year, eligible to buy 3/2 beer (in Kansas), and would be going off to college inside of a year. In my generation and especially the generation immediately preceding mine, a 17 year old, especially a female, was considered old enough to have children. My oldest sister-in-law had two kids by the time she was 17 and two more by the time she was 20; raised them competently, and she and her hushand had been married for more than 55 years when she finally succumbed to cancer not long ago. At age 17, I was practically emancipated.

Certainly my kids were driving themselves to school at age 17, were out having fun at night with their friends many evenings, especially on weekends, and while I worried they might be tempted with liquor or other drugs, I never feared that they would be shot on the streets. Certainly not in a nicer gated community. That kind of violence has been something that has developed over just the last couple of decades in most places.

Few kids committing serious crimes at Age 17 are treated as juveniles. Most are tried as adults. And again, I don't know who started the confrontation between Martin and Zimmerman or exactly what happened, but a violent 17-year old is every bit as capable of inflicting serious injury as any adult.
From the cop report, Zimmerman was injured, too.

Yes, 17 year olds are perfectly capable of causing bodily harm and/or death to another kid or adult.

Forum List

Back