Who and/or What Are Establishment Republicans?

you realize if you don't know what a fiscal conservative is, you could have googled the word rather than posting that you don't know what it means, no?

As every educated person knows, words have meanings beyond dictionary definitions because of context. Example, the word "Asshole".

You Kaz are an asshole; everyone has an asshole. Get it?

And BTW, it was Mitt Romney who originally made the statement in question, as informed people know.

But I digress, the fact is there is a difference between a tea party fiscal conservative and a responsible conservative. The former is a myopic fool, and the latter is informed, pragmatic and sagacious.

When you say fiscal conservatives don't want to "patch the roof," that proved you don't know what a fiscal conservative is. You're describing an anarchist, moron, you have no idea what fiscal conservatism is. Not fixing the roof is more costly than fixing it. So say for example, we want roads (we aren't anarchists, idiot) and we want to maintain them (idiot). What we don't want to do is pave your driveway for you so you don't have to pay for it yourself

Shutting down the government and cutting SS and Medicare have fiscal consequences, as informed and thinking people know! They cost local and state governments and the citizens who rely on these programs as informed and thinking people know. Passing a three year highway bill instead of a six year program is fiscally irresponsible, as thinking people know.

Right, so a fiscal conservative would cave and spend whatever leftists demand so you don't shut down government again. Yeah .. um ... no ...

If I meant to say replace a citrizens roof with gold leaf tiles you might have made a point; as it exists, your point is a lie, a logical fallacy and more evidence that you're poorly educated and never took nor passed a course on expository writing.

Funny how your posts tell us more about you than what you try to convey.

Funny, how your posts say little to nothing at all about anything, which is equally revealing about you

As every educated person knows, words have meanings beyond dictionary definitions because of context. Example, the word "Asshole".

You Kaz are an asshole; everyone has an asshole. Get it?

And BTW, it was Mitt Romney who originally made the statement in question, as informed people know.

But I digress, the fact is there is a difference between a tea party fiscal conservative and a responsible conservative. The former is a myopic fool, and the latter is informed, pragmatic and sagacious.

When you say fiscal conservatives don't want to "patch the roof," that proved you don't know what a fiscal conservative is. You're describing an anarchist, moron, you have no idea what fiscal conservatism is. Not fixing the roof is more costly than fixing it. So say for example, we want roads (we aren't anarchists, idiot) and we want to maintain them (idiot). What we don't want to do is pave your driveway for you so you don't have to pay for it yourself

Shutting down the government and cutting SS and Medicare have fiscal consequences, as informed and thinking people know! They cost local and state governments and the citizens who rely on these programs as informed and thinking people know. Passing a three year highway bill instead of a six year program is fiscally irresponsible, as thinking people know.

Right, so a fiscal conservative would cave and spend whatever leftists demand so you don't shut down government again. Yeah .. um ... no ...

If I meant to say replace a citrizens roof with gold leaf tiles you might have made a point; as it exists, your point is a lie, a logical fallacy and more evidence that you're poorly educated and never took nor passed a course on expository writing.

Funny, how your posts say little to nothing at all about anything, which is equally revealing about you

^^^ "I know you are but what am I" is the retort of a dim 3rd grader; once again your effort tells us more about you than you know.

^^^ "I know you are but what am I" is the retort of a dim 3rd grader; once again your effort tells us more about you than you know.

That's not an accurate translation of what I said

is government going to reimburse them for the repairs since you're authorizing them to be deputies?

No. Theyre authorized to make a choice to hit them or not. That authirity protects them from charges for manslaughter and civil liability, nothing more.

This seems to be the hot term these days, but can anyone define it?

If so, please do.

Also, who are the Establishment Republicans in office? How about in the media? Can we get some names?

Finally, do we have any local Establishment Republicans here on USMB, self-proclaimed or otherwise?

I'm looking for some clarity here.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Check their political crotch. If they have no balls...they're establishment.

I need to consider your comment (shock!). Only because you are an authority on lies, half-truths, innuendo, rumor mongering and your use of these and other assorted misrepresentations of others.

After careful consideration I stand corrected. Even a dim 3rd grader is much more perspicacious than you.

I need to consider your comment (shock!). Only because you are an authority on lies, half-truths, innuendo, rumor mongering and your use of these and other assorted misrepresentations of others.

After careful consideration I stand corrected. Even a dim 3rd grader is much more perspicacious than you.

You talking about fiscal conservatism is like an Eskimo talking about porcupines

You love the mob, get your morality from the government and want to shoot people who put drugs in their own bodies, got it

I Respect the Mob. I want the Government to enforce Morality (not define it, that was done millenia ago) and I want to see all drug users, moral and violent criminals executed.

So you got 1/3 right.
You're more big government and fascist than anything going. You heard it here first.

Establishment Republicans are the lying bastards who ran 40,000 election ads promising to defund Obamacare and Obama's executive amnesty then after the election the first thing they did was collude with Democrats to fund both of them.

You love the mob, get your morality from the government and want to shoot people who put drugs in their own bodies, got it

I Respect the Mob. I want the Government to enforce Morality (not define it, that was done millenia ago) and I want to see all drug users, moral and violent criminals executed.

So you got 1/3 right.
You're more big government and fascist than anything going. You heard it here first.

He's more psycho than anything else.

So you got 1/3 right.

Yes, it's been clear socons and liberals are two peas in a pod for quite some time now. You even argue the same way. The only difference are the issues

So you got 1/3 right.

He's more psycho than anything else.
That too!

Compromise is a worthless concept? You must live in a hellish world.

Not at all. It's a world with two xoncepts, Right and Wrong, and no exceptions. That makes it a very nice, simple world.

But surely you can understand both concepts are subjective. You can't live your life in a vacuum and expect everyone else to blindly accept your notions. Life doesn't work that way.

Compromise is a worthless concept? You must live in a hellish world.

Not at all. It's a world with two xoncepts, Right and Wrong, and no exceptions. That makes it a very nice, simple world.

But surely you can understand both concepts are subjective. You can't live your life in a vacuum and expect everyone else to blindly accept your notions. Life doesn't work that way.
There are almost no universal rights or wrongs. They are indeed subjective and vary according to culture, religion, etc. If you impose your own right and wrong on others, you are a tyrant and dictator. Not good.

If so, please do.

Also, who are the Establishment Republicans in office? How about in the media? Can we get some names?

Finally, do we have any local Establishment Republicans here on USMB, self-proclaimed or otherwise?

What's funny is that once again, the wingers can't make up their minds. They call anyone who is an "establishment" republican a "RINO"... but "establishment" means traditional and something that has been "Established". the wingers are the RINO's. they're just too stupid to understand it and by standing there and stamping their feet because they can't win votes honestly (since they're only about 1/10 of the house of representatives).... they managed to hijack what used to be a respectable party.

If so, please do.

What's funny is that once again, the wingers can't make up their minds. They call anyone who is an "establishment" republican a "RINO"... but "establishment" means traditional and something that has been "Established". the wingers are the RINO's. they're just too stupid to understand it and by standing there and stamping their feet because they can't win votes honestly (since they're only about 1/10 of the house of representatives).... they managed to hijack what used to be a respectable party.

It's been done before. For example, you took the name "liberal" and turned a word that actually describes freedom from government tyranny, which is now called libertarianism, and you used it for tyrannical leftist authoritarian government, which has zero to do with actual liberalism

If so, please do.

It's been done before. For example, you took the name "liberal" and turned a word that actually describes freedom from government tyranny, which is now called libertarianism, and you used it for tyrannical leftist authoritarian government, which has zero to do with actual liberalism

:cuckoo:

If so, please do.

:cuckoo:

That's not what they told you to think when you swilled the kool-aid, is it, my dear?

Large or Small isn't the determiner of proper Government. Propriety is the cirrect measure. Government can be smaller when the people can be trusted to act properly. It must be larger when they can't. It ends up being huge when the people are as Immiral as most Americans are these days.

Forum List

Back