Who didn't see this coming...the Swamp protects it's own...

I am against a very small minority trying to oppress the very huge majority. The 5% shouldn't be getting their way over the 95%. It was never supposed to be like that. Now, if you want to talk about more closer percentages, then I agree with you. If we had 125 voting for McCarthy and 100 voting against, I don't think the majority should run roughshod over the minority.
That is where a consensus candidate should be determined. The 200 are being as much "my way or the highway" as the minority who is obstructing. McCarthy is a lousy candidate. Move on and find someone acceptable to both sides. Scalise?

I am against a very small minority trying to oppress the very huge majority. The 5% shouldn't be getting their way over the 95%. It was never supposed to be like that. Now, if you want to talk about more closer percentages, then I agree with you. If we had 125 voting for McCarthy and 100 voting against, I don't think the majority should run roughshod over the minority.
That is parallel to what controls the nation today. And one of the reasons we are in this situation are the RINOS.

There are 20 voting against McCarthy and 202 voting for him.

You are not the majority. You don’t represent “the people.”
I don't think you have a firm concept of the definition of "election".

You are referencing an authoritarian concept termed "selection".

It a common mistake among statists.

Lol, this is so awesome. The Republican Party has become the key stone cops. Gotta love watching the Republican Party get owned over and over again.

That is where a consensus candidate should be determined. The 200 are being as much "my way or the highway" as the minority who is obstructing. McCarthy is a lousy candidate. Move on and find someone acceptable to both sides. Scalise?
Those few will only be happy if a far right candidate wins. Everyone else will be unacceptable. It is either their way or the highway. They are trying to force the 200 backing McCarthy into accepting someone further right than McCarthy.

Edit - Luckily I screenshot the tweet before the uniparty quashed it..

View attachment 744736

"Your true colors keep shining though..."

McCarthy's theme song.

If the far right Republicans would vote for McCarthy we wouldn't get to this point. We shouldn't allow just a handful of people to take our democracy away. According to them, it is either their way or the highway, scorched Earth. Voters gave the House to Republicans and now a small handful of radical Republicans are wiling to throw it away.
Shut up and get back in line, mere prole.....It's my turn!

a constitutional republic like ours is supposed to reduce or stop oppression of anyone,,

far better than any democracy,,
What you are referring to is a pure democracy where everyone votes on thing.

We are a democratic republic where we democratically elect representatives.

Which still leaves the reps of the majority making most policy… not the reps of a minority

What you are referring to is a pure democracy where everyone votes on thing.

We are a democratic republic where we democratically elect representatives.

Which still leaves the reps of the majority making most policy… not the reps of a minority
no... because we have a constitution we are a constitutional republic that uses democratically elected reps,,

Forum List

Back