Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

"Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?"

Correctly framed, the question would be 'Do two people earning $7.50 hour in San Francisco have a better life than one person earning $15 hour and one person earning $ 0 hour.

The answer, of course, is open to debate.

Trust me..I have been looking and looking for a month. A little over a month. Every day. Every hour. Zillow, Trulia, Craigslist, low income housing, senior housing....to buy, to rent to own, to rent long term. Something. Anything. However, I have to be close to a bigger town for medical issues, hospitals, dentists, vets, etc. And I refuse to live in squalor or gang riddled neighborhoods. Nothing is out there for 400 per month.

I'm glad I have my van. I'm glad I have two roomies wanting to go with us. And if they change their mind, I can always find new roomies. But that means bigger town, with colleges.

And...the homes in the bigger town near me? All owned by people in Los Angeles..renting out PER PERSON PER ROOM....$500 per person, sharing a room with 2 others also paying $500 EACH. In the same room. They are making a killing, those home owners.

We should have a contest for best caption of this photo..

635950456092254633-12473806-10206516002323429-39923200845753346-o.jpg

My pick:

"Come to California they Said, make $100,000 dollars a year they said"

"Nothing about living in a shoe box of a house"

upload_2016-4-1_22-23-9.png

I have NEVER rented a place for 400$ a month and I have lived all over the south. That's a fairly nice looking Mobile Home by the looks of it it would rent for 6-800 here.

So you only rented a place for $250 a month and your point is?
Nope cheapest place I ever rented was 450$ for a house in South Dakota. Paying 1,050$ right now for house in Gainesville,Ga. Parents just rented a place for 650$ not far from here. We are trying to find something in Tennessee between 600 and 800. Point is EVERYONE deserves a living wage. I lived in SC before. Certain places you can get decent housing for a decent price but not 400$ decent.

All over the place in South Carolina

A quick search

Mobile Homes For Rent | Gaffney Ledger

Mobile Homes For Rent
2BR & 3BR Mobile Homes, Green Acres MH Park, near Nestle. $100-$125/wk. $200 Deposit.

awesome-2 bedroom house for rent

$400 / 2br - awesome-2 bedroom house for rent(clinton s.c.)

I have NEVER rented a place for 400$ a month and I have lived all over the south. That's a fairly nice looking Mobile Home by the looks of it it would rent for 6-800 here.

Nope cheapest place I ever rented was 450$ for a house in South Dakota. Paying 1,050$ right now for house in Gainesville,Ga. Parents just rented a place for 650$ not far from here. We are trying to find something in Tennessee between 600 and 800. Point is EVERYONE deserves a living wage. I lived in SC before. Certain places you can get decent housing for a decent price but not 400$ decent.

All over the place in South Carolina

A quick search

Mobile Homes For Rent | Gaffney Ledger

Mobile Homes For Rent
2BR & 3BR Mobile Homes, Green Acres MH Park, near Nestle. $100-$125/wk. $200 Deposit.

awesome-2 bedroom house for rent

$400 / 2br - awesome-2 bedroom house for rent(clinton s.c.)

Here is a house for $325 a month... Its all over the Damn place and also over the border in North East Georgia.

You live near lake Lanier that place exploded in the past 30 years, heck even in the past 10 years

Houses - IWANNA

Here's a funny story. San Francisco's minimum wage isn't $15/hour.

That's not the point today and it makes the $400 dollar shoe box even funnier...

Now you're going to pretend you weren't referring to what you thought was the minimum wage in SF?

You're giving assholes a bad name.

Like I didn't know the $15 dollar minimum wage law didn't go into effect yet dumb shit?

Me????????

No, you didn't.

Here's a funny story. San Francisco's minimum wage isn't $15/hour.

That's not the point today and it makes the $400 dollar shoe box even funnier...

Now you're going to pretend you weren't referring to what you thought was the minimum wage in SF?

You're giving assholes a bad name.

Like I didn't know the $15 dollar minimum wage law didn't go into effect yet dumb shit?

Me????????

Ever hear of headline grabbers?

God Damn you are retarded.

Where would you want to live and rent for $400 bucks a month?

This:

images

Or this box for $400 bucks a month in someone's 1 bedroom apartment?

Why it's not completely ridiculous to live in a $400 box in San Francisco

We started the search for a cat-friendly, one-bedroom apartment with the max price set to $2,500. It would be more than we spent in Washington, D.C., but split between the two of us, my boyfriend Brent and I could make that work. Zero results came up. We paid for an AirBnB for one full month to help us get settled and, ideally, not be forced into the first available apartment we found, so we took the next week to search online for apartments.

I could pay $1,400 for a private bedroom in a house with other roommates — but I’d have to leave Brent behind. I could live in the “PENTHOUSE DELUXX FULLY FURNISHED” scam that had a price tag of $99 a month. Or we could commute from San Jose. We gulped and bumped our search window up to $3,300. Finally, there were a number of options. I emailed all of them. Every single one. Photos or no photos. Regardless of neighborhood, distance from work or square footage, I emailed with my friendliest compliments about their “absolutely beautiful” properties...

Read more

Just for the record can you prove that 400 bucks a month is the typical rent for a property as you depicted,

throughout South Carolina?

Where would you want to live and rent for $400 bucks a month?

This:

images

Or this box for $400 bucks a month in someone's 1 bedroom apartment?

We started the search for a cat-friendly, one-bedroom apartment with the max price set to $2,500. It would be more than we spent in Washington, D.C., but split between the two of us, my boyfriend Brent and I could make that work. Zero results came up. We paid for an AirBnB for one full month to help us get settled and, ideally, not be forced into the first available apartment we found, so we took the next week to search online for apartments.

I could pay $1,400 for a private bedroom in a house with other roommates — but I’d have to leave Brent behind. I could live in the “PENTHOUSE DELUXX FULLY FURNISHED” scam that had a price tag of $99 a month. Or we could commute from San Jose. We gulped and bumped our search window up to $3,300. Finally, there were a number of options. I emailed all of them. Every single one. Photos or no photos. Regardless of neighborhood, distance from work or square footage, I emailed with my friendliest compliments about their “absolutely beautiful” properties...

Read more

Just for the record can you prove that 400 bucks a month is the typical rent for a property as you depicted,

throughout South Carolina?

Who the fuck Said it was the average?

Meth is cheaper so.TIE.
The weather is better in SF. +1
BBQ is better than sushi. TIE
Some like butt sex. TIE
SF residents are intelligent.+98
SF females(with vagina) are HOT +1
SC womens are hidden under a band of blubber. NOT

PARK ?
pacific-heights-san-francisco-diverse-quiet-and-scenic-3.jpg

VS. Yonderz that thar park.
42442.jpg

Here is a quick search in Georgia...

1 bedroom mobile home for $300 decent housing is subjective and I would think a hell of a lot better then paying $400 dollars a month to live in a dog cage in someone's apartment.

Rental Rates for Rocky Creek Mobile Home Park Augusta Georgia trailers rent-to-own

Mobile Home Price includes lot rent:

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom mobile home price $300 per month
2 bedroom, 1 & 2 bathroom mobile homes price range $400 - $450 per month
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom mobile homes price range $450 - $550 per month
Utilities not included in above prices

Here is a quick search in Georgia...

1 bedroom mobile home for $300 decent housing is subjective and I would think a hell of a lot better then paying $400 dollars a month to live in a dog cage in someone's apartment.

Rental Rates for Rocky Creek Mobile Home Park Augusta Georgia trailers rent-to-own

Mobile Home Price includes lot rent:

1 bedroom, 1 bathroom mobile home price $300 per month
2 bedroom, 1 & 2 bathroom mobile homes price range $400 - $450 per month
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom mobile homes price range $450 - $550 per month
Utilities not included in above prices

I will say this; mobile homes are very nice nowadays. I was up in Williams the week before last and Stacy and her husband just had a manufactured home put on their lot. Something like 38,000 dollars and it was spectacular.

Forum List

Back