Who here would defend Ramos's right to buy AR's

It's Putin's fault because Trump let him invade Ukraine....

What sort of bullshit thread is this anyway?

Fine fuck it....

I'll slap the families in the face. The kid had a right to buy the weapons.

HE DIDN'T HAVE A RIGHT TO FUCKING MURDER PEOPLE!!!!

WHEN THE GODAMNED MOTHERFUCKING COMMUNIST BED WETTING LEFTIST FILTH IN THIS COUNTRY GETS TO DISARM US, THEY WILL MURDER 150 MILLION OF US!!!

Dems kill 79,000 Americans with their open borders policies and do nothing. Let's see 79,000 - 19 that's well pretty much 79,000. Dems why do you willingly kill 79,000 Americans in just the past 2 years and do nothing to stop it? Hence you have ZERO credibility to even speak about banning AR's so suck it.

That isn't going to be a safe approach for most gun owners either. Most of those laws will be written such that anyone, anywhere, can call in a report of being threatened by X, and then the cops are obligated to go and investigate X.
Meanwhile, they lose several of their Constitutional rights while the cops force their way in, search their home, take their phones, PCs, and weapons, and have no obligation to be in any hurry to return them. Yeah, I can't imagine THAT being abused for partisan reasons...

Besides, most people don't trust Gov't to keep their anonymity to begin with if reporting an individual under a 'red flag' law.
Only for a good reason. Our current Gov't is a fail. This is the MAIN REASON to keep our 2nd Amendment intact!!

Let me guess... it involves removing the right to purchase, perhaps even to own, AR, or AK style semi-autos? AMIRIGHT?
I’m not suggesting taking funs away from law-abiding citizens. I’m suggesting that we stop selling them to 18-year-olds.

I'm pro 2A. But I don't support whacko's having the right to buy a gun. In the other thread I started, meant to just have a conversation, so many retards saying "shall not be infringed," didn't seem to have a clue as to what having a conversation even meant.

Those are the right wing radicals that would support someone like Ramos and his "right to keep and bear arms." Which is a total slap in the face for Americans who lost loved ones due to gun violence. Yall should be ashamed.

Wrong.
You can't have different levels of rights in a democratic republic.
There has to be equality.
So if you want to protect us from a whacko who is dangerous, they you use the judicial system to have him declared dangerous.
You do NOT start pretending you can make this world so Nerf Safe that you can leave whackos running around.
If he has not been confined by a judge, then he has the full rights of anyone, to keep and bear arms.
If he has been confined by a judge, then you do not need any special rules about firearms.

That isn't going to be a safe approach for most gun owners either. Most of those laws will be written such that anyone, anywhere, can call in a report of being threatened by X, and then the cops are obligated to go and investigate X.
Meanwhile, they lose several of their Constitutional rights while the cops force their way in, search their home, take their phones, PCs, and weapons, and have no obligation to be in any hurry to return them. Yeah, I can't imagine THAT being abused for partisan reasons...

IMPORTANT.

The right needs to take a stance on this, become very vocal about wanting to have "the conversation" about this while the democrats are still in the majority. To not even attempt to ignore this. To make it known that they actually care and are willing to work with democrats to pass legislation that will at least make it illegal for people like Ramos to buy an AR. And do everything to keep the conversations going, without passing any laws, until after they take the majority in Nov. The left is going to try their best to get laws passed in the next 3 months that will probably be way over board. And will probably infringe on decent folks right to buy, keep and bear arms.
Those people make up the majority of gun owners. They're the people that when giving the opportunity will stop a mad gunman with his own.

Another thing the right needs to do, is kick the NRA lobbyist to the curb. That's all they are is lobbyist with deep pockets. And every one of those NRA sucking politicians needs to start representing their voters without being paid extra by the NRA lobbyist.

There wasn’t. What this proves is that our system is incapable of stopping obvious 18-year-old psychopaths from going on killing sprees. And we wonder why they keep happening.

We need reform.
Fair enough what reform will stop someone who has no record of violence or mental health issues? Even expanded background checks can't find what does not exist you can raise the legal age to purchase a gun from 18 to 21 that won't stop someone from buying a gun illegally or stealing one as I recall Adam Lanza got the guns he used by stealing them from his mother after killing her and she purchased them leaglly. Let's try and find reforms that will actually work instead of just throwing out something that really won't make a difference just so we can say we did something to feel better about ourselves.

Wrong.
You can't have different levels of rights in a democratic republic.
There has to be equality.
So if you want to protect us from a whacko who is dangerous, they you use the judicial system to have him declared dangerous.
You do NOT start pretending you can make this world so Nerf Safe that you can leave whackos running around.
If he has not been confined by a judge, then he has the full rights of anyone, to keep and bear arms.
If he has been confined by a judge, then you do not need any special rules about firearms.

Why not? Because it infringes on some lunatics right? Who cares about a lunatics' rights?

We have ineffective laws. We need effective laws.

But we won’t get them because you guys refuse to do anything meaningful to address the issue.

Wrong.
We need public health care, so that troubled people will have someplace to go and either get help, or at least be detected before they start to murder people.

I’m not suggesting taking funs away from law-abiding citizens. I’m suggesting that we stop selling them to 18-year-olds.
Where have you guys been all this time? The last week or so is the first time I recall hearing of not selling weapons to 18 year olds. Obama was president 8 years with a solid majority????? I never heard it.

Forum List

Back