Who Made Isis?

Why don't you research what Jefferson thought about Islam in the late 1700's.

My point is you simply choose to believe a revisionist version of Islamic History no ore, no less.

"A few years later, in 1786, the new United States found that it was having to deal very directly with the tenets of the Muslim religion"

"That this might not be so easy was discovered by Jefferson and John Adams when they went to call on Tripoli's envoy to London, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman. They asked him by what right he extorted money and took slaves in this way. As Jefferson later reported to Secretary of State John Jay, and to the Congress:"

"The ambassador answered us that [the right] was founded on the Laws of the Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."

What Jefferson really thought about Islam.

Tell me again how it is ALL our fault.

I didn't say I liked Islam. I don't. In fact I don't particularly like religion at all. That's not the point. Christianity in Jefferson's time? Jeez, they were wiping out the Native Americans all up and down the continent (or are they two continents?), taking part in the largest slave trade ever, going into Africa, Asia, Australasia and doing whatever the hell they liked. I hardly think Jefferson could criticise Islam.

George Washington

"I would recommend, that some post in the center of the Indian Country, should be occupied with all expedition, with a sufficient quantity of provisions whence parties should be detached to lay waste all the settlements around, with instructions to do it in the most effectual manner, that the country may not be merely overrun, but destroyed.
But you will not by any means listen to any overture of peace before the total ruinment of their settlements is effected."

George Washington Letter Describes Killing of Natives as Villainy - ICTMN.com

"His anti-Indian sentiments were again made clear in 1783 when he compared Indians with wolves, saying “Both being beast of prey, tho’ they differ in shape.” After a defeat, Washington’s troops would skin the bodies of Iroquois from the hips down to make boot tops or leggings. Those who survived called the first president, “Town Destroyer.” Within a five-year period, 28 of 30 Seneca towns had been destroyed."

Good old Christians. Never hurt anyone they didn't.

And we don't need to "understand" them. The only thing we need to do is exterminate them.

Yeah, and in attempting to exterminate them, you'll make them hate you more, kill you more and then you'll complain even more at how evil they are because, er... they want to exterminate you.

So what does that make you, if you're an extremist who will stop at nothing to kill them?
What it makes us is right to defend U.S. citizens by killing the Satan worshipers off instead of blaming everyone else. Idiot.

But you don't learn from history. You mess up every time, make them more aggressive against you and you suffer more. It's like banging your head against the wall, all you do is end up getting more hurt with every hit.

Stupidity in foreign affairs will lead to problems.

Why don't you research what Jefferson thought about Islam in the late 1700's.

My point is you simply choose to believe a revisionist version of Islamic History no ore, no less.

"A few years later, in 1786, the new United States found that it was having to deal very directly with the tenets of the Muslim religion"

"That this might not be so easy was discovered by Jefferson and John Adams when they went to call on Tripoli's envoy to London, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman. They asked him by what right he extorted money and took slaves in this way. As Jefferson later reported to Secretary of State John Jay, and to the Congress:"

"The ambassador answered us that [the right] was founded on the Laws of the Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise."

What Jefferson really thought about Islam.

Tell me again how it is ALL our fault.

I didn't say I liked Islam. I don't. In fact I don't particularly like religion at all. That's not the point. Christianity in Jefferson's time? Jeez, they were wiping out the Native Americans all up and down the continent (or are they two continents?), taking part in the largest slave trade ever, going into Africa, Asia, Australasia and doing whatever the hell they liked. I hardly think Jefferson could criticise Islam.

George Washington

"I would recommend, that some post in the center of the Indian Country, should be occupied with all expedition, with a sufficient quantity of provisions whence parties should be detached to lay waste all the settlements around, with instructions to do it in the most effectual manner, that the country may not be merely overrun, but destroyed.
But you will not by any means listen to any overture of peace before the total ruinment of their settlements is effected."

George Washington Letter Describes Killing of Natives as Villainy - ICTMN.com

"His anti-Indian sentiments were again made clear in 1783 when he compared Indians with wolves, saying “Both being beast of prey, tho’ they differ in shape.” After a defeat, Washington’s troops would skin the bodies of Iroquois from the hips down to make boot tops or leggings. Those who survived called the first president, “Town Destroyer.” Within a five-year period, 28 of 30 Seneca towns had been destroyed."

Good old Christians. Never hurt anyone they didn't.

We aren't talking about Indians or Christians.

You are defending Islam as being "misunderstood", they are not.

They were founded in blood and have always sought it since.

The Islamic aberration is that some are TRYING to live in peace, Islam itself has NEVER been a "peaceful" religion, not EVER.

I don't know where ISIS came from.
ISIS started life as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad run by Abu Masab al-Zarqawi in 1999 two years before 9/11 and four before the invasion of Iraq.
I stopped reading your post there. Obviously you do not know but pretend to know. Islamic State was created after US occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, as the puppet government began degrading humanity in that region and the need for Sharia Law (god bless) saw the need to be enacted. Later, as with all movements, IS has been hijacked and derailed by international bankers using money. Prophet will soon appear to liberate the region and the world.

ISIS started life as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad run by Abu Masab al-Zarqawi in 1999 two years before 9/11 and four before the invasion of Iraq.
I stopped reading your post there. Obviously you do not know but pretend to know. Islamic State was created after US occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, as the puppet government began degrading humanity in that region and the need for Sharia Law (god bless) saw the need to be enacted. Later, as with all movements, IS has been hijacked and derailed by international bankers using money. Prophet will soon appear to liberate the region and the world.

Uh sure....you of course mean the Mahdi, correct?

Deranged hateful ignorant shit stain.

And we don't need to "understand" them. The only thing we need to do is exterminate them.

Yeah, and in attempting to exterminate them, you'll make them hate you more, kill you more and then you'll complain even more at how evil they are because, er... they want to exterminate you.

So what does that make you, if you're an extremist who will stop at nothing to kill them?
What it makes us is right to defend U.S. citizens by killing the Satan worshipers off instead of blaming everyone else. Idiot.

But you don't learn from history. You mess up every time, make them more aggressive against you and you suffer more. It's like banging your head against the wall, all you do is end up getting more hurt with every hit.

Stupidity in foreign affairs will lead to problems.
That is because politicians, republican and dems alike, always want to micro manage the war. LBJ did it in Vietnam and Bush did it in Iraq. Now I support Bush in Iraq but it could have been conducted a little better. Let the military do its job instead of hamstringing them and we will succeed. Obamashitforbrains is the worst. He is blatantly helping our enemies.

No, it is not the right nor the responsibility of the US government, to invade other countries to defend Americans in that country. When you enter another country, it's your responsibility to live by their laws and customs. Even if that country fails to protect you, it's still not the responsibility of the US government to save your ass. If you want the protection of the US government, then you need to stay at home. Unfortunately, few Americans seem to realize this. When they get their ass in trouble, they expect the US to rescue them. Anyone that travels in these countries should know the risks they are taking.

I'm writing this post for a variety of reasons. The first is I don't know where ISIS came from. I can take a few guesses but I actually don't know.
Second, I think it's important that people understand the underlying reasons of terrorism in order to find the best way of dealing with terrorism, which in my opinion is not going around bombing the hell out of people in the first place.

al-Zarqawi was a guy who went to fight for the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan, but arrived too late, but still met ibn-Laden. His reasons for going to Afghanistan in the first place? Well he was a street fighter and an alcoholic, the sort of guy who fighting for insurgents and others is probably his sort of thing.

But what turns a guy like this into the leader of an insurgency group? Well, the need for someone to be an insurgent against. The guy went to Afghanistan in 2001 and fought against the US troops there.

Bush claimed there was a possibility that al-Zarqawi was in Iraq, and therefore al Qaeda was linked to Saddam before the invasion, as help in justifying the invasion. Turns out that declassified shows there was no link at all, it was just made up. Saddam was even trying to arrest this guy, he didn't want al-Qaeda in Iraq.

Then the Iraq invasion happened in 2003 and al-Zarqawi's group grew. In 2004 he pledged to al-Qaeda, which was now in Iraq, thanks to Bush.

The power vacuum in Iraq allowed these groups to grow and to gain support.

Then the US support for the Arab Spring happened, which led to the Syrian uprising, which in the beginning was supported by people, especially, like McCain, who wanted to fund such groups without much of a clue what they were actually funding. Not much different to funding the Mujaheddin that helped start this off in the first place.

Basically, ISIS is a product of incompetent US foreign policy over a period of time ranging from the invasion of Afghanistan by the Soviets, who also helped a little, through Reagan's presidency, then onto Bush Dubya's presidency they grew and grew because of complete incompetence in Iraq, which would seem to be the biggest factor in the rise of ISIS, alongside the support for the Arab Spring.

It's not a case of blaming one president, for it was not only presidents who played a part in this, and there were quite a few, from both parties, who played a major part in this, but to blame US foreign policy in general for helping to create the conditions with which such a group could grow and thrive.
The more the US intervenes in the affairs of Muslim countries, the more terrorism. Terrorist thrive on it. We arm one group and a few years latter, they are using those arms against.us. The biggest mistake the US has made is giving the terrorist a platform and a reason to fight. It was a mistake invading Iraq in the 90's and it was a mistake invading them again 10 years ago, and it would be a mistake to get into another ground war in Iraq.

Terrorism is a crime and needs to be treated as such. To do otherwise is to destroy the principals this country was founded on.

I guess bombing the hell out of them doesn't piss them off, huh! Since it is a crime in your opinion, should we indict them with a Grand Jury and send the Sherriff to Syria and Iraq and arrest them?

Forum List

Back