Who pays tariffs?

Yes, it is consumers who end up paying the tariffs! Does anyone disagree?

See my multiple and lengthy answering of this question.

The U.S treasury takes in the funds. If a company chooses to pass that on to the consumer that is up to them, you as a consumer don't have to buy Made in China.

Tariffs are VERY popular worldwide. Best applied in my opinion to abusive trade nations or to reciprocate their tariff.

Now I am not a big supporter of tariffs except in strategic situations. As a technical reality though, in short, NO, consumers do NOT pay directly for the tariff.

The U.S treasury takes in the funds. If a company chooses to pass that on to the consumer that is up to them, you as a consumer don't have to buy Made in China.

Tariffs are VERY popular worldwide. Best applied in my opinion to abusive trade nations or to reciprocate their tariff.

Now I am not a big supporter of tariffs except in strategic situations. As a technical reality though, in short, NO, consumers do NOT pay directly for the tariff.

And often the nation that exports the products will end up paying part of the tariffs.

Tariff should replace the income tax, which was the wet-dream of the Progressives aka American Marxists.

And walk us through the next link in the chain.

You and your foreign nation competitor make a widget.

You sell yours for a $1.00. They sell theirs for $0.75. You’re getting your ass kicked.

Boom a tariff is applied. The price of your product should stay $1.00. The foreign nation competitors product goes up to $1.25. Do you keep selling yours for $1.00? Or do you take advantage and raise your price to take advantage?
If you have a brain in your head--the question is still out regarding you--you raise your price.

Yeah dumbfuck...importers pass the higher costs onto their customers on things they import and they import less. That is why we were standing in line for everything from soup to nuts during covid...importers imported less.

And the American people were enjoying an economy that made them more money with tax cuts... sorry tariffs still in place now is much worse for the people... because no one has expendable cash to pay the tax hike of Kamala....

Trump is going to outsmart those stupid Chinese.

Trump is going to devalue the US Dollar by 30%.

Gee, I wonder if the resulting inflation will destroy our savings & pay checks?

And walk us through the next link in the chain.

You and your foreign nation competitor make a widget.

You sell yours for a $1.00. They sell theirs for $0.75. You’re getting your ass kicked.

Boom a tariff is applied. The price of your product should stay $1.00. The foreign nation competitors product goes up to $1.25. Do you keep selling yours for $1.00? Or do you take advantage and raise your price to take advantage?
If you have a brain in your head--the question is still out regarding you--you raise your price.

Yeah dumbfuck...importers pass the higher costs onto their customers on things they import and they import less. That is why we were standing in line for everything from soup to nuts during covid...importers imported less.

No one is forcing you to buy any of these products. If a guy charges $1 some other local person will improve processes and find a way to undercut the price, or, improve the product. Good for local capitalism, no?

This isn't bread, milk or gas, you don't need to purchase said goods, many supported by slave labor and government subsidies.

As a bonus, the government uses the tariffs for citizens benefit and, it encourages jobs to be generated in the U.S.

America isn't the only nation that applies tariffs stop pretending that this is something new. When you are trading so many hundreds of billions with a communist country you had better learn to fight fire with fire.

No one is forcing you to buy any of these products. If a guy charges $1 some other local person will improve processes and find a way to undercut the price, or, improve the product. Good for local capitalism, no?

This isn't bread, milk or gas, you don't need to purchase said goods, many supported by slave labor and government subsidies.

As a bonus, the government uses the tariffs for citizens benefit and, it encourages jobs to be generated in the U.S.

America isn't the only nation that applies tariffs stop pretending that this is something new. When you are trading so many hundreds of billions with a communist country you had better learn to fight fire with fire.
LOL...

We tried fighting...we lost.

Hence the trade deficit when your blob oozed out of office (after losing by a whisker--which he now admits...man...thats gotta hurt) is about where it was when he oozed into office.

LOL...

We tried fighting...we lost.

Hence the trade deficit when your blob oozed out of office (after losing by a whisker--which he now admits...man...thats gotta hurt) is about where it was when he oozed into office.

You really like to blame Trump for everything don't you? 12 of the last 16 run by Obama-inspired governments.

US Trade Deficit Hit Nearly $1 Trillion in 2022, Largest on Record

The U.S. trade deficit hit a record of almost $1 trillion in 2022, with more than a third of the total coming from trade with China.

The annual goods and services trade deficit rose 12.2% to $948.1 billion, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday. The goods deficit jumped 9.3% to $1.19 trillion, while the services surplus declined 0.6% to $243.7 billion.1

The deficit with China was the largest, climbing $29.4 billion to $382.9 billion. It was followed by the European Union (EU) at $203.9 billion, Mexico at $130.6 billion, and Vietnam at $116.1 billion. The U.S. recorded a trade surplus with South and Central America, totaling $76.2 billion, and the Netherlands at $38.3 billion.

You really like to blame Trump for everything don't you?
He started the war and 2 years later we were standing in line to buy items outside of stores with empty shelves.

These are facts.
12 of the last 16 run by Obama-inspired governments.
LOL... wow... And you’re blaming a guy who hasn’t been office this decade....

He started the war and 2 years later we were standing in line to buy items outside of stores with empty shelves.

These are facts.

LOL... wow... And you’re blaming a guy who hasn’t been office this decade....
Obama and his former administration are very active with the Dem Party. Start paying a couple of bucks more for quality and stop supporting foreign communist nations, you ma feel better and have a better investment.

Obama and his former administration are very active with the Dem Party. Start paying a couple of bucks more for quality and stop supporting foreign communist nations, you ma feel better and have a better investment.
Gee, maybe I can get a Chinese bank account like your blob has.

You didn’t think that comment out very well, did you stupid?

Forum List

Back