Zone1 Who was responsible for slavery.

Just FYI, the boards' leading expert on reparations figures $100 trillion dollars is about the right amount to be paid.

I have a better idea. There are around 40 million blacks in the U.S. I wonder what 40 million one way tickets back to Africa would cost.

You know, that institution that used to exist where blacks were enslaved. That we fought a Civil War to end? That many blacks these days laughingly want "reparations" for? Who started it all. It was a black person named Anthony Johnson. He was at one time an indentured servant who was freed after his indentured servitude. He went on to be successful. He himself got 4 indentured servants. Three White and one black.

The black one's name was John Castor. After his period of indentured servitude, Johnson didn't free him. But he went to work for a neighbor anyway. Johnson sued to get him back. The first trial ended where the neighbor got to keep him. But on appeal, Jonson was given the right to own him and got him back. That set the legal precedent. So for all the blacks who complain about their ancestors having been slaves, they have a black person to blame for it. And for those seeking reparations for slavery, they should look for the descendants of Anthony Johnson and try to get it from them.

View attachment 894030
Self serving BS.

The responsibility for slavery rests with the slavers.
The people who bought slaves
The people who sold slaves.

Was he evil and wrong? As I said, he appealed the first court ruling and won the case. I wonder how the courts worked back in 1655. Did lawyers present their points of view or did the actual people involved do so. If the people involved did so, Anthony Johnson must have presented a pretty convincing argument as to why he should be given ownership of his one time indentured servant John Carter. Because, as I said, he won the appeals case. Not that it really means a lot. Because if courts were back then like they are today, if you have the money, the "law" is more likely to turn out in your favor. Even still, I would bet that the argument Anthony Carter put forward would be interesting to hear. Next, as to your "now what," too bad that you are a slave too. Otherwise discussing the matter would be allowed here.
Nicely said.

You do realize that it was English Law that made the indentured servants into slaves.

Well back then, everybody was a slave. (Just as they are today) They were owned by whoever was king or queen in whatever country they came from. Indentured servitude was just a form of slavery within another form of slavery. That aside, what you say could be true. I don't know. But as far as I do know, being a slave and being an indentured servant were two different things. Also, Benjamin Franklin was at one time an indentured servant. To, of all people, his own brother! Benjamin Franklin had to escape to another state to be free of his indentured servitude.

I don't think many from your party know that fact. Haley, for instance...

I don't have a party. Though there is a party that I am a sympathizer of. And as far as I know, they aren't on the ticket.

Perhaps if you supplied an actual photograph of the real Anthony Johnson, it would contribute to advancing discussion of the topic.

The above picture was reported many years ago as actually being that of a man named Lewis Hayden, who escaped slavery and became instrumental in the Underground Railroad.

His story is in the link below.

Well then, just forget the picture and go with the name and that person's ethnicity. Those are real enough. Also, if it makes a difference, here is another picture that is said to be of him.

anthony-johnson.jpg

Last edited:
That is true. But from what I have gathered over the years, blacks blame Whites for their enslavement in the past. And for most it seems that Whites are responsible for all their other problems. Even though there isn't a black populated country in the world that is worth a damn. And that is despite the example set for them by the more developed countries around the world. I hear that besides reparations for their ancestors having been slaves, the blacks who want reparations want them for a whole host of other issues now besides just their ancestors having been made slaves.
Reparations is part of the current victim hood racket. It pays very well for those pushing it, and will not amount to a hill of beans for those who think they are owed it.

I don't have a party. Though there is a party that I am a sympathizer of. And as far as I know, they aren't on the ticket.
What the fuck are you babbling about? Haley is not running for president?

Blacks owned slaves in Africa. They also sold them to whoever they chose. Same with Arab slave traders.

The African slave trade existed long before the great Christopher Columbus discovered the New World.

True. But let's not forget that slavery still goes on in Africa.

That's not a photo of Anthony Johnson. Anthony Johnson's life and death predates the invention of photography.

Well you can tell by looking at it that it isn't an actual photograph.

The black pirates would raid cities in Europe and enslave white people. Dont hear much about that, where are my reparations for that crap?

If you are White, you deserve reparations for far more than that. I tried to send you a PM. But it didn't take. Perhaps you would be interested in sending me one. If that will work either.

no source posted. better hurry

Still it doesn't compute. Why would some work as a indentured servant in order to be set free as a reward. Yeah I think it was a scam. Yeah you work and I will set you free in a few years. Well maybe. I guess it sounds better than slavery.

usually it work for apprenticeship to learn a trade from the master and eventually move on. or to repay a debt.

I don't know how indentured servitude worked. But I assume that the custom was to set such a person free after a certain amount of time.

The international slave trade existed in Africa for a thousand years before white Europeans got involved.

It probably goes back much farther than that. In fact, there are species of ant that many millions of years ago started taking other ants as slaves. Over time the slaver ants evolved to the point that they can't even feed themselves. They need slave ants to do that. In that regard, it is the slaver ants who are the real slaves. Those who use slaves end up being the slaves themselves. Just as has happened here in the U.S.

I doubt Lewis Hayden looked like Anthony Johnson. Beforee I annihilate the OP.

When the discussion is reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

Citigroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices against blacks resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate,and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor,technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

What's laughable is the cognitive dissonance coming from people such as the OP who dishonestly stay stuck on slavery in trying to talk about reparations.

Self serving BS.

The responsibility for slavery rests with the slavers.
The people who bought slaves
The people who sold slaves.

You only got part of that right. It is the slavers, those who actually captured the slaves and sold them who are responsible for slavery. And as I said in my thread, legal precedent was set where on appeal Anthony Johnson was given the right to take back and outright own John Castor. Before then, I don't think that actually owning another person was legal. Except for of course temporally as an indentured servant. That is under English law.

Nothing to "go with" or worth discussing that hasn't been long before now.

Carry on.

Hasn't just about everything been discussed before? If you look at it as you do, I'm surprised that you didn't just label the whole point as "spam" and ban me.

Forum List

Back