Who Was The Beast Of The Book Of Revelation?

Whereas Christ was the true vine (Jn 15:1), Jerusalem was a useless vine (Ez 15). Through Christ, the branches remain faithful to God in the abiding holy city. Harlotry, on the other hand, characterized the ancient idolatrous city.

Rome was never called Babylon. The Imperial City, in fact, never even appeared on ancient Israel’s radar until the New Testament era. That city is never mentioned in the Old Testament. She was never the city in union with God; she was never in a position to betray Him and thus earn the name harlot.

The great Babylon was metaphorically called Sodom; it was where the Lord was crucified (Rv 11:8). The only city in the Bible other than historical Sodom itself that was ever called Sodom is Jerusalem (Is 1:10; Jer 23:14; Ez 16:44-48). The righteous Israelites would not have known if Rome had a history of drunkenness and sexual immorality. They would have seen this trait in Jerusalem, though. Prone to idolatry, Jerusalem had become an unfaithful city, and Isaiah laments its descent into adultery (Is 1:21), as do Ezekiel (Chapter 16) and the whole host of righteous prophets. The ancient city (the holy people under the Old Covenant) was once wed to the Father (Jer 31:32), but over and over again she proved herself an adulterous bride who broke covenants and engaged in debauchery.

Witch hunts and persecutions emanated from Jerusalem, the symbolic Babylon where the Lord was crucified. Stephen and Paul were only two of the Christians whom the Jews persecuted in this city and her tributaries throughout Judea. The adulterous city consumed the entire land of milk and honey. On this beast Jerusalem, once a mighty and seductive center of commerce adorned with purple and scarlet, the colors of priestly garments, sat a woman “drunk with the blood of the saints.” On Jerusalem sat a spirit of harlotry and bloodlust.

the guy who wrote the book of Revulsions never heard of Rome? (his pen name was John)
Isaiah thought that jerusalem was SODOM AND GOMORRAH?--------clearly he was referring
to ROME------do you know how animal sacrifices were conducted in that depraved city?

Who Was The Beast Of The Book Of Revelation?​

The past tense applying to the dream. This is a figure foreseen to happen in the future for John.

Later than what my post was about. You lost your place already?

You know the destruction of the temple and the end of the Jewish Age were in the future, right.
"end of the jewish age"? <<<< that never happened. Destruction of the second
temple was 70 AD. The book of revulsions is said to have been written something like 80 to
90 AD which was after 70 AD

"end of the jewish age"? <<<< that never happened. Destruction of the second
temple was 70 AD. The book of revulsions is said to have been written something like 80 to
90 AD which was after 70 AD
Yes, the end of their age. The end of the temple age did indeed happen.

It's a matter of history.

Elementary.

And the end of that age, according to the New Testament, indeed was in Jesus and the apostles' future.

Yes, the end of their age. The end of the temple age did indeed happen.

It's a matter of history.

Elementary.

And the end of that age, according to the New Testament, indeed was in Jesus and the apostles' future.
I never thought of the TEMPLE as a marker of AN AGE. <<< seems to me that is an
ISSUE OF CHRISTIAN TRIUMPHALISM. MAZEL TOV----you guys managed to murder
your deified person, knock a building down, destroy a country and people and
BECOME MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE...... in your own puny heads.
You are not alone-----muzzies MARK TIME from the birth of the warlord of Mecca.
Well------Japan has its DYNASTIES from MING for about 300 years to HIROHITO---
more recently. In ancient history Egypt had the Old kingdom and then--and then
whatever. and then islam happened to that country in the GLORIOUS AGE OF ISLAMIC
CONQUEST ~~~~~~~~ and on and on and on ~~~~~~~There are no sharp beginnings
and ends for jews-------the elaboration of the Talmud, Mishnah and endless commentaries
just keeps on TRUCKING ALONG

The BEAST is Satan. If you research you will find that Satan also established his very own Counterfeit TRINITY. The Anti-Christ, the False Prophet, and the Beast.
"SATAN" is not a BEING------it is more like a hologram. You are thinking of the god HADES

I never thought of the TEMPLE as a marker of AN AGE. <<< seems to me that is an
ISSUE OF CHRISTIAN TRIUMPHALISM. MAZEL TOV----you guys managed to murder
your deified person, knock a building down, destroy a country and people and
BECOME MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE...... in your own puny heads.
You are not alone-----muzzies MARK TIME from the birth of the warlord of Mecca.
Well------Japan has its DYNASTIES from MING for about 300 years to HIROHITO---
more recently. In ancient history Egypt had the Old kingdom and then--and then
whatever. and then islam happened to that country in the GLORIOUS AGE OF ISLAMIC
CONQUEST ~~~~~~~~ and on and on and on ~~~~~~~There are no sharp beginnings
and ends for jews-------the elaboration of the Talmud, Mishnah and endless commentaries
just keeps on TRUCKING ALONG
It is not like it hasn’t been done over and over Irosie.. People just have their heads up their ass.. The new tries to erase the old by either building on top of it or building their monuments over others… Case in point Mt Rushmore was built over the sacred site of the Six Grandfathers of the native Americans…No one today could conceive this but hey that is how it works… We really need those shovels to dig up around Mecca and Medina to prove our points course Sarida and her ilk will keep trying to gloss over the facts we find…lol… Smiling…

It is not like it hasn’t been done over and over Irosie.. People just have their heads up their ass.. The new tries to erase the old by either building on top of it or building their monuments over others… Case in point Mt Rushmore was built over the sacred site of the Six Grandfathers of the native Americans…No one today could conceive this but hey that is how it works… We really need those shovels to dig up around Mecca and Medina to prove our points course Sarida and her ilk will keep trying to gloss over the facts we find…lol… Smiling…
I am sure that MEDINA is something like my house-----THE GENIZAH of brooklyn. No written word goes in the trash. No doubt the whole history of -----what's his name ---ibn abdullah and
amira can be discovered-----if only .......~~~~~~~~ oh well------just wishful thinking

I am sure that MEDINA is something like my house-----THE GENIZAH of brooklyn. No written word goes in the trash. No doubt the whole history of -----what's his name ---ibn abdullah and
amira can be discovered-----if only .......~~~~~~~~ oh well------just wishful thinking
Like books people get worn out too but the beauty of being buried in sand and dirt with little rainfall or moisture is that those things tend to get preserved and not damaged

Like books people get worn out too but the beauty of being buried in sand and dirt with little rainfall or moisture is that those things tend to get preserved and not damaged
one can always hope that the people who WANT to preserve the reality----GET THERE
FIRST

THE Beast hasnt appeared yet. He will precede the RETURN of Christ and lead the world to fight against Christ and the resurrected saints. The Beast and his armies will lose

"SATAN" is not a BEING------it is more like a hologram. You are thinking of the god HADES
SATAN is a FALLEN cherub. GOD originally created this bright morning star as earth's guardian. Satan became conceited and wanted to usurp GOD HIMSELF.
Satan is now the accuser. He was once a guardian cherub. His description in Ezekiel hardly sounds like a hologram...

You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. – Ezekiel 28:15-18

Forum List

Back