Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

Yes. The other option is a big tax for all of us. Our manufacturers can't be competitive if they have inflated costs due to tariffs. Tariffs do not work, many believe they caused the Great Depression.

So just suffer the trade deficit and call it a day?

Yes. The other option is a big tax for all of us. Our manufacturers can't be competitive if they have inflated costs due to tariffs. Tariffs do not work, many believe they caused the Great Depression.

So just suffer the trade deficit and call it a day?

We aren't exactly suffering. Tariffs only make things worse. Killing our exports sure hurts a trade deficit and economy.

We aren't exactly suffering. Tariffs only make things worse. Killing our exports sure hurts a trade deficit and economy.

Our trade deficit is pretty unimpressive right now. And maybe.......just maybe, such a threat will make our trading partners reconsider putting tariffs on our imported goods. That would make things better for our exports.

So there is remodeling. That takes longer to inspect then new construction to inspect.
Not 8 hours. When for instance you build an addition you dig the footers they come out and make sure they are to depth. Takes about 45 seconds. You lay the footers, they inspect make sure the proper materials are used, takes about 15 minutes.So on and so on. My best friend is in the business and he's irritated if these people are there for more than a half hour. This isn't rocket science.

What about set-backs? Health issue remediation?

If your friend is irritated, you should ask him what he is trying to hide?
Not trying to hide anything, he's trying to get back to work. As I said earlier the inspection that had him ticked was the holes dug for footers. It consists of him sticking a tape measure in a hole. A half hour later he's trying to get rid of the guy who still wants to talk baseball. And keep in mind this is the guys only task for the day.

So developing a rapport with an inspector is less important than getting back to work?
That's irrelevant to the subject at hand. The fact is the inspector has nothing else to do, my buddy works for a living.

Or is your buddies work creating issues? This reminds me of a person speeding and it's the cops fault for pulling him/her over.

I never found a regulation I didn't love.

When OSHA shows up they have nothing to do. My safety standards are far above OSHA standards, and the zero lost time in five years proves it works.
Got you beat. I haven't had a lost time injury in over 9 years. And yet I fight with them all the time, not so much at my own firm but in my side consulting job. The last 2 times I dealt with OSHA the inspectors were 1. a 23 yr old girl who graduated from college a year earlier with a degree in English and 2. a woman that told us that 9 months earlier she was working behind the counter of a post office.

.A year earlier neither would have known an hydraulic power press from a trout. In the case of the English major she was dealing with people that had been operating and maintaining that very equipment for longer than she had been alive. Now when I disagree with them I go in front of their boss, who graduated 8 years earlier with a degree in sociology.

OSHA is a jobs program for Mexicans, Chinese and now Vietnamese.

SWEET! I'm sure your comp carrier is VERY HAPPY!

So minorities are your issue.....VERY TELLING?
Mexicans aren't minorities in Mexico, Chinese aren't minorities in China, Vietnamese aren't minorities in Vietnam.

And yes my carrier's pleased, not that it has stopped my rates from rising.

Rantings of a true RACIST!!!!!
There you have it folks the surest sign a leftist is losing an argument, cry racism. Now make sure to follow up with bigot, misogynist, homophobe, islamaphobe, fascist and nazi. You have to make sure to hit all your virtue signals.

I didn't bring the race card to the table.......YOU DID!

Why would prices go up?
Oye vay...to offset the money workers here are now earning

They approved a $15 an hr increase occurring over 5 yrs.
Last yr workers making 8.25 hr, were now making $10.
This past July, it went up another.50 cents.

BTW...thx for the newsflash
rolleye0011.gif

What is the net cost for an employee making $10.00/hr vs. $15.00/hr.

Answer that, and you'll answer why I asked the question.
I'm sorry but, I don't understand the question

You don't understand 'actual costs' in business?

Our trade deficit is pretty unimpressive right now. And maybe.......just maybe, such a threat will make our trading partners reconsider putting tariffs on our imported goods. That would make things better for our exports.

When has that ever worked? They don't pay our tariffs, we do. A threat to tax us will have no effect on other countries

US debt is $19 trillion, the largest in the world for a single country - we owe a ton of money to other nations

Who is better suited to getting our nation out of debt, or at least lower the amount substantially?
US_Public_Debt_Ceiling_1981-2010.png

That's a debt ceiling graph and not a debt graph. Usually you see the debt as a percentage of the GDP. Which means we had our worst debt ever around World War II.
Starving Next to a Kroger Warehouse Because Kroger, Jr. Locked It Up

Half our territory is shut off because of Trustfundie Treehuggers, who are secretly increasing class supremacy because that touch-feely nature worship they preach is nothing but hoarding to increase their Daddies' prices based on artificial scarcity. So our GDP would double if we lifted the ban on development. The debt is only a fraction of that, so it would disappear if we were allowed to increase our national wealth that way.

Because when they graduate those jobs go to Business Visas and the students are left with a debt they can not pay back.

So you recommend against education? Really?
I recommend zero Business Visas.
I see your brain is frozen in a certain state.

Fine with me.
An issue ONLY discussed by Sanders and Trump.

Trump would also tariff everything which would be a huge tax on everyone and slow the economy. Possibly start another great depression.
Nonsense...almost 99% of Americans make less then 25K/year.
The only people who will be hurt by a Trade War are those who live off their Portfolios.
The rest are too poor to buy most goods anyway.

When OSHA shows up they have nothing to do. My safety standards are far above OSHA standards, and the zero lost time in five years proves it works.
What's your point?

OSHA wasn't created to keep responsible business owners in check.

And, if you're a business owner, how is it that,
raising the min wage = higher prices, is foreign to you?

OSHA was created because there are bad guys.

By what amount would prices rise?

I'll ask you. What is the NET cost of a $10.00/hr employee vs a $15.00/hr employee?

Trump would also tariff everything which would be a huge tax on everyone and slow the economy. Possibly start another great depression.

So you're okay with our trading partners taxing our exported goods, but against us doing the same when they import products over here?

Excessive bad Off-Shore investments caused the Great Depression.

So you recommend against education? Really?

Fine with me.

The only people who will be hurt by a Trade War are those who live off their Portfolios.

It will hurt the poor and middle class the most. That 25/k a year will get them less. People buying less slows the economy..

Neither candidate has plans for the debt . That's a loser position .

If you say "I'm going to cut the military and social security " the voters will run you out of town.

US debt is $19 trillion, the largest in the world for a single country - we owe a ton of money to other nations

Who is better suited to getting our nation out of debt, or at least lower the amount substantially?
US_Public_Debt_Ceiling_1981-2010.png
When Bill left office, we had a surplus.

Then the Bush tax cuts costing Trillions. Then Obama signed the Bush Tax Cuts extension. Why would he do that?
Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

That tax cut, not offset with spending cuts didn't just explode the deficit for one year. It's been ongoing.

Then the two credit card wars.

Then the drugs for votes bill.

It just goes on and on. Oh, and don't forget the wrecked economy.

THEN

Obama became president.

Fine with me.

It will hurt the poor and middle class the most. That 25/k a year will get them less. People buying less slows the economy..
I see you visit Walmarts all the time.
Poor people are already buying down to the bone; they won't be hurt too bad when the jobs come back.
I can't believe a Liberal is defending a perennial poverty lifestyle for almost all Americans.

Neither candidate has plans for the debt . That's a loser position .

If you say "I'm going to cut the military and social security " the voters will run you out of town.
yeah they need a plan asap

What's your point?

OSHA wasn't created to keep responsible business owners in check.

And, if you're a business owner, how is it that,
raising the min wage = higher prices, is foreign to you?

OSHA was created because there are bad guys.

By what amount would prices rise?

I'll ask you. What is the NET cost of a $10.00/hr employee vs a $15.00/hr employee?

do you honestly believe these morons have a grasp on fixed expenses and soft costs and can answer you ?

g'luk wit dat ...

Fine with me.

I see you visit Walmarts all the time.
Poor people are already buying down to the bone; they won't be hurt too bad when the jobs come back.
I can't believe a Liberal is defending a perennial poverty lifestyle for almost all Americans.
No jobs are "coming back".

They need to be "created".

Do you see the difference?

Forum List

Back