Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

He had to end the recession first and get us out of the wars. The spending had to be last. The recovery has been slow, but things could have easily gone worse rather than better.

Things would have gone better without him. Saddling our employers with Commie Care, increased corporate taxes, increased personal income taxes for those making over 400K a year, increased capital gains taxes, the multiple businesses he's closed down, all of it.

DumBama is the most anti-business President we've ever had in our lifetime.

Obviously you lack the sophistication to fully grasp the process needed to make this work.

Yeah, it's working so well too! Record amount of people of working age not working or looking for a job, still record high poverty, record high government dependency, maybe it's you that lacks the sophistication.

Obviously you lack the sophistication to fully grasp the process needed to make this work.

Yeah, it's working so well too! Record amount of people of working age not working or looking for a job, still record high poverty, record high government dependency, maybe it's you that lacks the sophistication.
Now you just proved you lack the sophistication. The reason there is a record amount of people not working is due to the transition from the industrial age to the information age. You low intellect people have missed it again.

On another forum years ago the folks on that forum would drill into fed bureaucracies using public info to look at those in the bureaucracy. The one I remember dealt with the dept of transportation. This was maybe as much as 20 years ago.

They started with a typical pyramid chart of the leadership. When I stumbled upon it they were on the 15th person down the chart before they found anyone with any background whatsoever in transportation. And his "background" was that his father owned a trucking company. All 15 were lawyers. It's the same old story, "The bridge is about to collapse, some one call a lawyer".

Agreed. My company is promoting drivers instead of looking for them outside of the company. We train our straight truck drivers to drive semi's. They have to take the test of course to get their Class A license.

One of the genius parts of the test is for the tractor-trailer driver to get back on the highway after they pulled over. What they tell you to do is drive off the shoulder right into the lane of traffic from a dead stop. Think about that!

Highway traffic is coming at you at 70mph or faster, and you're supposed to pull out right into that speed of traffic from a dead stop instead of driving on the shoulder until you get some speed. WTF thought of that??? It's the stupidest thing you can possibly do. That's like driving down the highway at a high rate of speed and approaching a brick wall!

But bureaucrats who have no experience at driving make these idiotic regulations, and drivers do exactly what they are trained to do. I can't tell you how many near accidents I've witnessed using this technique.

Of course he did. Obama was handed a disaster. Bush was handed a balanced budget and no wars.

That doesn't justify idiotic spending like Cash for Clunkers, the Pork Bill, Commie Care and others. There was no need to spend half of the money he did. It was an opportunity for him.
Yes actually it is a real big reason. He had the fix the economy. What other president was handed 2 wars, a recession, and out of control spending?

Out of control spending? So the solution was even more out of control spending?

He had to end the recession first and get us out of the wars. The spending had to be last. The recovery has been slow, but things could have easily gone worse rather than better.
While I agree that Obama walked into a mess, as usual Americans give to much credit and blame to presidents. Obama had about as much to do with stabilizing the mess as you or I did. The fed was going to do what it did regardless of who was in the white house. Same with Bush and Iraq, If Al Gore had been president the US would still have invaded Iraq to believe otherwise is infantile

Now you just proved you lack the sophistication. The reason there is a record amount of people not working is due to the transition from the industrial age to the information age. You low intellect people have missed it again.

Yes, that must be it. It certainly can't be the concept of making more government dependents. Democrats would never dream of that. Why would they want to expand their voting base? Duh!

But as a truck driver, I spend a lot of time in industrial areas; areas where HELP WANTED signs are littered in the complex. Why is that? Because they can't find Americans to take these jobs.

Don't give me this BS about transition. The problem we have today is that Americans found a better way of life--government dependency. There are countless jobs out there, and in fact, employers are now relying on foreigners to take these jobs because Americans are sitting home with their big-screen talking on their Obama phones getting fat on food stamps.

A bit simplistic. While the transition you cite is certainly a factor it is not the whole story. There are serious govt induced competitiveness issues. We always hear how we can't compete in areas like manufacturing, many of us disagree, unfortunately it seems we have to fight our own govt first.

While I agree that Obama walked into a mess, as usual Americans give to much credit and blame to presidents. Obama had about as much to do with stabilizing the mess as you or I did. The fed was going to do what it did regardless of who was in the white house. Same with Bush and Iraq, If Al Gore had been president the US would still have invaded Iraq to believe otherwise is infantile

Government doesn't create jobs--private industry creates jobs. All government can do is make it more or less inviting for private industry to do so.

That being a fact, what has DumBama done to inspire private industry to invest or create jobs? Commie Care? Increased taxation? More and more regulations? What???

He's done the exact opposite. He has made it much more difficult for industry to survive yet alone start up. And if he (when DumBama entered the White House) was never seen again since the election, our job market would be twice as strong as it is today.

Government doesn't create jobs--private industry creates jobs. All government can do is make it more or less inviting for private industry to do so.

That being a fact, what has DumBama done to inspire private industry to invest or create jobs? Commie Care? Increased taxation? More and more regulations? What???

He's done the exact opposite. He has made it much more difficult for industry to survive yet alone start up. And if he (when DumBama entered the White House) was never seen again since the election, our job market would be twice as strong as it is today.
Govt doesn't create jobs, govt creates work.

"Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?"

A truly ignorant and ridiculous question.

Things would have gone better without him. Saddling our employers with Commie Care, increased corporate taxes, increased personal income taxes for those making over 400K a year, increased capital gains taxes, the multiple businesses he's closed down, all of it.

Tax increases help hold down the debt obviously.

Every economic indicator I'm aware of is improved. Those working age people are getting more education so they are out of the workforce. Why is that so bad?

Not if those increases are being used as an excuse for more programs and expenditures..

Every economic indicator I'm aware of is improved. Those working age people are getting more education so they are out of the workforce. Why is that so bad?
Because when they graduate those jobs go to Business Visas and the students are left with a debt they can not pay back.

Not if those increases are being used as an excuse for more programs and expenditures..

You'd have the more expenditures regardless.

Because when they graduate those jobs go to Business Visas and the students are left with a debt they can not pay back.

So you recommend against education? Really?

I recommend zero Business Visas.
I see your brain is frozen in a certain state.

Not obviously. When increased taxes inhibit economic growth taxes can and do lower govt revenues.

I recommend zero Business Visas.
I see your brain is frozen in a certain state.

Fine with me.

Forum List

Back