Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

Trump is the better candidate, at least he understands the issue... that being said neither of them will balance the budget. We are looking at an economic catastrophe on the horizons.

Bill was only president to balance the budget. Clearly Hillary understands the issue.

If they were so fiscally astute, why were they "dead broke" when they left office? For 8 years they virtually had no expenses while drawing millions in salary.

You people crack me up.

Trump is the better candidate, at least he understands the issue... that being said neither of them will balance the budget. We are looking at an economic catastrophe on the horizons.

Bill was only president to balance the budget. Clearly Hillary understands the issue.

If they were so fiscally astute, why were they "dead broke" when they left office? For 8 years they virtually had no expenses while drawing millions in salary.

You people crack me up.

When Bill was in office American economy was much stronger.

Today, partly because of him, and people like Bush and Obama... after two major economic bubbles... America is toast.

State controlled business by civil servants , price controls and equality of outcomes for all commie bastards !!!!

The government makes all business possible, so the team of government and private isn't going away.
Team of govt and private? I literally choked on my apple cider on that one. The only businesses that consider the govt an "ally' are those making money from the govt. After more than 25 years in business I consider the govt the enemy.

Who provided all of the infrastructure for your business to prosper?

People already in trouble and those that can't run a business close their doors.

How are the businesses doing that are still open?

Right. Businesses that were already in trouble who may have otherwise found a way to save their business until they got hit with a government bill increasing their employee costs.

You people on the left simply have no understanding how business works. When you increase wages to an employee by one dollar an hour, it costs the company much more than one dollar to accommodate it.

If you are forced to pay your full-time employees $40.00 extra dollars a week, your unemployment insurance goes up, your workman's compensation insurance goes up. Your matching of SS and Medicare contributions by the employee goes up. Your cost to provide that employee with paid vacation (sick time and personal days) goes up. Everything goes up, so it costs an employer much more than $40.00 a week.

So you run a business with 20 employees. Now the government comes along and forces you to overpay them by an extra $4.00 per hour. How can a business survive such an enormous expense when everything is figured in? In just wages alone, that's over 12K a month plus all the other things I listed. If with everything included, the cost exceeds 25K per month, how can you afford to stay in business?

Here is the problem with your bloviating.

What is the NET cost of a $10.00/hr employee?

People already in trouble and those that can't run a business close their doors.

How are the businesses doing that are still open?

Right. Businesses that were already in trouble who may have otherwise found a way to save their business until they got hit with a government bill increasing their employee costs.

You people on the left simply have no understanding how business works. When you increase wages to an employee by one dollar an hour, it costs the company much more than one dollar to accommodate it.

If you are forced to pay your full-time employees $40.00 extra dollars a week, your unemployment insurance goes up, your workman's compensation insurance goes up. Your matching of SS and Medicare contributions by the employee goes up. Your cost to provide that employee with paid vacation (sick time and personal days) goes up. Everything goes up, so it costs an employer much more than $40.00 a week.

So you run a business with 20 employees. Now the government comes along and forces you to overpay them by an extra $4.00 per hour. How can a business survive such an enormous expense when everything is figured in? In just wages alone, that's over 12K a month plus all the other things I listed. If with everything included, the cost exceeds 25K per month, how can you afford to stay in business?
I've had this very discussion so many times with people on the left that it's mind numbing. I believe it all comes down to the idea that people on the left see all business people as evil and it makes them feel good to stick it to evil people. Of course they don't realize that the vast majority of business people are middle class and anything that hurts us hurts our employees, the very people they think they're helping. Unfortunately they will never understand this, it doesn't make them feel good.

Take it from me, a capitalist racketeer, ALL business is evil. It may not start that way, but all end that way.

Trump = America has a chance to survive...

Hitlery = America dies...

It's as simple at that....
Trump would never have a chance because his own party would impeach him. The Republican leaderships wants him to win then crawl under a rock and die.

I think the question should be which candidate would leave the country with a 25 trillion dollar debt. The answer: Both

The GOP doesn't want a Republican in the White House. Due to Trump, unfortunately, unless he cleans up his act, congress will be Democrat also, which will be great for the middle class.

Trump = America has a chance to survive...

Hitlery = America dies...

It's as simple at that....
Trump would never have a chance because his own party would impeach him. The Republican leaderships wants him to win then crawl under a rock and die.

I think the question should be which candidate would leave the country with a 25 trillion dollar debt. The answer: Both

The GOP doesn't want a Republican in the White House. Due to Trump, unfortunately, unless he cleans up his act, congress will be Democrat also, which will be great for the middle class.
yeah thats true. The GOP wont want that at all

Raise minimum wage. Done!
that will cause other problems
It will but nothing that cant be overcome. Instead of businesses refusing to make less than triple the profit on the backs of their workers they will adapt and settle for double the profit.
If only that were true.

American Entrepreneurship: Dead or Alive?

616sgtntbeas692w57hlvq.jpg
Its true. Things go in cycles. Those intelligent enough to know this are the ones that take advantage of the opportunity when the time is right. I think the stats prior to this say about 90% of startups fail in the first few years due to inept timing and business decisions. Another 40% of those left fail before they hit the 10 yr mark due to the inability to adapt.

90% Of Startups Fail: Here's What You Need To Know About The 10%

A 30 year cycle is a hell of a cycle. Not to mention the fact that 2008 was the first time ever recorded that closures outpaced startups. I find it interesting that the downward trend has been consistent since the 70s, right about the time the fed govt began their drive to massive regulation. Coincidence?

As a business owner, I LOVE regulation, It keeps my competitors in check.

that will cause other problems
It will but nothing that cant be overcome. Instead of businesses refusing to make less than triple the profit on the backs of their workers they will adapt and settle for double the profit.
If only that were true.

American Entrepreneurship: Dead or Alive?

616sgtntbeas692w57hlvq.jpg
Its true. Things go in cycles. Those intelligent enough to know this are the ones that take advantage of the opportunity when the time is right. I think the stats prior to this say about 90% of startups fail in the first few years due to inept timing and business decisions. Another 40% of those left fail before they hit the 10 yr mark due to the inability to adapt.

90% Of Startups Fail: Here's What You Need To Know About The 10%

A 30 year cycle is a hell of a cycle. Not to mention the fact that 2008 was the first time ever recorded that closures outpaced startups. I find it interesting that the downward trend has been consistent since the 70s, right about the time the fed govt began their drive to massive regulation. Coincidence?

As a business owner, I LOVE regulation. It keeps my competitors in check.
yeah regulations are very helpful for business owners. real talk

Raise minimum wage. Done!
Oh please, prices go up and they scale back hiring,
one person is expected to do the work of 2 or 3.

When they put it up for a vote here,
that's exactly what I said would happen.
When the vote passed and they raised the min wage,
that's exactly what happened.... Greedy ass companies.

God forbid they should pay someone a decent wage,
and only make 10 million instead of 11 or 4 1/2 billion instead of 5

How do you equate minimum wage to the national debt anyway?

How do you expect our national debt to decrease,
when more money is going out then coming in?...
where the bulk of rising debt comes from intrest on what we owe.

We continue to spend money on unnecessary projects and causes,
and cut spending on worthwhile causes and essential projects.

This is an article from 2014

Top 20 Worst Ways the Government Wasted Your Tax Dollars

This is an article from 2015, be sure to check out the link
for the $43 million dollar gas station that was built

12 Ways Your Tax Dollars Were Squandered in Afghanistan

The national debt will never be eliminated,
let alone, be reduced of any significance!

The same prudence which in private life
would forbid our paying our own money for unexplained projects,
forbids it in the dispensation of the public moneys.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to Shelton Gilliam, June 19, 1808

Why would prices go up?

Thomas Jefferson is dead.....get over it!

Forum List

Back