Who's fault?

All the dems are offering is massive cuts to the Defense budget and HUGE increases in taxes. Remind us again why there is no deal on the Debt ceiling?

Hmm, I looked at the budget. There is milk for babies, education for children, education for teens, oh, and war for the pentagon.

Now where should I make massive cuts at when we have millions sleeping in the streets?:cuckoo:

Everywhere.. because those persons 'sleeping in the streets' have the same personal responsibilities for personal upkeep as anyone else.. and private charities offer assistance from voluntary donors... government is not your mommy nor your nanny to give you a glass of milk when you cry for it

All the dems are offering is massive cuts to the Defense budget and HUGE increases in taxes. Remind us again why there is no deal on the Debt ceiling?

Hmm, I looked at the budget. There is milk for babies, education for children, education for teens, oh, and war for the pentagon.

Now where should I make massive cuts at when we have millions sleeping in the streets?:cuckoo:

Everywhere.. because those persons 'sleeping in the streets' have the same personal responsibilities for personal upkeep as anyone else.. and private charities offer assistance from voluntary donors... government is not your mommy nor your nanny to give you a glass of milk when you cry for it

then why is there so many rich and powerful there getting a glass of milk?

What have the Republicans offered to compromise on?

What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conform to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

When did the Republicans get a 100% mandate?

Last edited:
Bush raised the debt by 8 trillion in 8 years, BUT Obama has raised it by 6 trillion in 3 years. And if we had approved his budget it would be even higher. Bush started 2 wars. Obama has started 3 and working on 4 as well as continuing the 2.

Obama proposed a 3 TRILLION dollar budget. And he wants us to think he is serious about cutting spending? The house has passed Budget bills and the Senate REFUSES to even send them to committee. The Democrats are not interested in cutting anything.

The Senate REFUSES to do its job. The house has done its repeatedly. The democrats went to a compromise meeting on CUTTING the budget and demanding 2 trillion in new taxes. With no meaningful cuts at all.

so Bush and Obama are to blame. There's your answer.

And House Democrats and Republicans...and Senate Democrats and Republicans...and moronic partisans.....like the OP.

Yes.....in a way I blame our elected officials.
But in reality, I blame we, the people. We not only vote for them....but then we argue for them.
I see people on the right rationalizing rediculous policy offerted by the right and I see people on the left rationalizing rediculous policy offered by the left.

Case in point....Obama admits the shovel ready jobs he promised were shovel ready, werent shovel ready. He admits his 100 top economists did not realize the economy was in worse shape than they thought. (they had one job...to determine the condition of the economy...and apparently ALL were wrong)..

Yet....the left doesnt chastise him for blowing it....instead they say "was not his fault...the economy was worse that he thought"

Really? Didnt he promise he knew what he was doing w3hen he asked us for permission to borrow 850 billion for a stimulus?

But did the left say boo? No. They said "not his fault"

THAT is a problem.

Oh... I know, I know!

because they are "job creators".... that aren't creating jobs. 18K in June.. NATIONWIDE??? yep... I'm sure glad we voted on extending those Bush Tax cuts.

What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conformed to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

Once again for the slow and stupid. The House passed budget bills and sent them to the Senate. The Senate did not even send those bills to committee. Reid simply rejected them out of hand.

The Senate has a duty and responsibility to work with the House. The Democrats have REFUSED to do their JOBS.

What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conform to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

Your problem is you see the dems as "owning" medicaire and SS.
They dont.
Reps agree both need to be reformed to rectify the problem.

You are falling for the compromise BS.

Reps dont want to cut SS and MC anymore than dems do. They just know it needs to be done.

What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conformed to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

Once again for the slow and stupid. The House passed budget bills and sent them to the Senate. The Senate did not even send those bills to committee. Reid simply rejected them out of hand.

The Senate has a duty and responsibility to work with the House. The Democrats have REFUSED to do their JOBS.

Don't change the subject.

I'll repeat the questions:

Last edited:

They dont.

Reps dont want to cut SS and MC anymore than dems do. They just know it needs to be done.

Do you need the questions repeated too?

I'll tell you who is to blame.....you and people like you.

Any one STUPID enough to think we can just raise taxes and cut Defense spending is a Moron and a fool.

well, the Dems did offer to cut subsidies to oil companies and agriculture...but the so-called party of free-markets objected.

They dont.

I answered your questions....but I will make iteasier for you....

q) What have the Republicans offered to compromise on?

a) MC and SS

q) What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conform to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

a) MC and SS

q) When did the Republicans get a 100% mandate?

a) They did not. They agree with the dems that SS and MC need to be reformed.

Hope that helps....but I doubt it does. You are WAY TOO partisan to accept such logic.

You see NYCarbineer...

Here is what is playing out......and you can not be poartisan if you want to see it.

Both parties agree to cut (reform) SS and MC....as both KNOW dam well there is no choice...neither party WANTS to do it as they know it will be a death sentence for the coming election.

However...the Dems have arranged it so that they can campaign saying "we did not want to do it but we did it to compromise and the GOP refuses to comproimise....."

And voters like you fall for that rhetoric becuase they know you are way to naive and jaded to pick up on the tactic.

Funny.. do you see me calling for anyone receiving 'glasses of milk' from the government??

No... NOBODY should be receiving entitlements, subsidies, etc...

But nice try

They dont.

I answered your questions....but I will make iteasier for you....

q) What have the Republicans offered to compromise on?

a) MC and SS

q) What have the Republicans offered to accept that does not conform to their getting 100% of their agenda in this deal?

a) MC and SS

q) When did the Republicans get a 100% mandate?

a) They did not. They agree with the dems that SS and MC need to be reformed.

Hope that helps....but I doubt it does. You are WAY TOO partisan to accept such logic.

This is a candidate for spin of the YEAR.

Jarhead here is claiming that on the GOP side, their offer of compromise that goes against their agenda is their plan to cut Social Security and Medicare.

Questions for all:

1. Does anyone want to help J defend that claim?

2. Has anyone seen anything more retarded than that claim here lately?

How huge are the cuts?

How huge are the tax increase proposals?

Do you know or are you just blowing smoke?

You see NYCarbineer...

Here is what is playing out......and you can not be poartisan if you want to see it.

Both parties agree to cut (reform) SS and MC....as both KNOW dam well there is no choice...neither party WANTS to do it as they know it will be a death sentence for the coming election.

However...the Dems have arranged it so that they can campaign saying "we did not want to do it but we did it to compromise and the GOP refuses to comproimise....."

And voters like you fall for that rhetoric becuase they know you are way to naive and jaded to pick up on the tactic.

Just when I think I might be too desensitized to marvel at USMB wingnut idiocy, something like this comes along.

Weren't the same Republicans who now are screaming that Medicare needs to be cut....

the same ones that were screaming like hell when Obama allegedly "cut" medicare?

By golly yes, they are!

Funny.. do you see me calling for anyone receiving 'glasses of milk' from the government??

No... NOBODY should be receiving entitlements, subsidies, etc...

But nice try

He asked "why"

Forum List

Back