🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who's paying the new Obamacare tax? You

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Now I realize that everyone who has company sponsored health care, or those who don't make enough and qualify for subsidizes, have no problem with Obamacare. But those of us forced off their company health care in 2015, not so much.

Here is an example that got me into a tirade. As said, we are being forced off of our group health care in 2015 because Obamacare is so much better. We were able to get health care, although more expensive, through my wife's work.

So I go to the drug store for a VERY common generic drug and the druggist says, we forgot to put your insurance information in, it will be 227 dollars if we don't. I said, no it won't. To which she replied, yes it would, I guess she didn't understand what I was saying. So, even though my cost will end up being less this has to be a giant rip off.

Same with a sleep apnea mask. 120 dollars for a piece of plastic and some foam. I thought that because my deductible didn't cover it that maybe there would be a discount, not so. So I went on ebay and found the same stuff for at least 1/2 the price.

Anyone seeing a problem with Obamacare and insurance? The insurance companies don't care they just pass it on. The medical supply people don't care because what is a preson to do? Obama don't care because he made the damn deal with the drug companies, behind closed doors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying, what bothers me is when we are clearly getting shafted.

Who s paying the new Obamacare tax You

When Congress passed the Affordable Care Act, it required health insurers, hospitals, device makers and pharmaceutical companies to share in the cost because they would get a windfall of new, paying customers.
But with an $8 billion tax on insurers due Sept. 30 — the first time the new tax is being collected — the industry is getting help from an unlikely source: taxpayers.

Last edited:
I know you all are waiting to find out what I ended up paying for the prescription. 6.09 dollars. Now I ask, where did the approximately 220 dollars go? Does anyone think the insurance company paid that much? Is the 227 dollars for someone without insurance another penalty to get insurance?

Phase two of Obamacare.

Two things I thought good with Obamacare were no pre-conditions and one co-pay free preventative visit per year.

So I had scheduled a physical last year and went to the doctor. I presented my new medical id and she said 20 dollar co-pay.

I told her that the card says 0 co-pay for preventative. To which she says if the doctor codes the visit as a preventative I will get a credit. So I say what else could you call a visit that THEY called me about and said it was a yearly check up? She didn't much care about that logic. So I give her a 20 and wait. I go through the physical and forget to mention the coding to the doctor, no one told me I had too mention it. But in retrospect....

So I am checking out and ask the woman, "how did he code the visit?" She said he coded it as a regular visit, which means I pay 20 dollars. Again I said that can't be right it was preventative. She said I had to tell them BEFORE I scheduled the appointment that it was preventative and it was too late now. She then said do you want to make your next yearly appointment preventative? I can't believe I maintained my cool and said, of course.

So I go home scratching my head and fortunately had taken the summery of treatment that they offered me. On that paper the reason for the visit was written as Encounter for preventive health examination.

So I call them and state that I did tell the woman before I was treated that it was preventative. I did tell the woman afterwards it was preventative and obviously the doctor said it was preventative. They have told me they would look into the billing and see if it was coded correctly. Been 24 hours.

So not waiting I call the insurance company and asked, what would be my co-pay for a yearly physical. Immediately the operator says, 20 dollars. After a palm slap to the forehead I read to her the co-pays on the card I am holding in my hand. She says, hmmm, hold on for a minute. A couple of minutes later she comes back on and says, yes that physical is 100 percent covered. Of course that isn't exactly what I asked so I asked directly, does that mean 0 co-pay and she finally said yes. So even the insurance company doesn't know what is what. If the card had not said 0 then I would have never realized they were charging me incorrectly. So now every visit to the doctor I am going to say is preventative.

I share this with you because now that I have time to look at things closer I am surprised at how easy it is for someone else to spend your money without a seemingly care in the world.

I am still waiting to hear from the doctor's office.

Our healthcare is OK, in my opinion, the healthcare system is pretty mucked up.

Forum List

Back