Why all the fuss about transgenders?

Apparently, in Canada, the push for transgender rights is now superior to those of a parent to care for their own biological children. This is quite concerning....

Father jailed after referring to biological female child as his daughter

The judge's gag order includes:

"a) CD shall be restrained from: i. attempting to persuade AB to abandon treatment for gender dysphoria; ii. addressing AB by his birth name; and iii. referring to AB as a girl or with female pronouns whether to AB directly or to third parties;

"b) CD shall not directly, or indirectly through an agent or third party, publish or share information or documentation relating to AB’s sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical health, medical status or therapies."

Just wow.

baa9b413e48572051a5657c472b4a752.jpg
This is not about transgender rights. It is about the mental health of a 14 year old, an age at which HE is very aware of HIS gender identity. Feelings of gender dysphoria must be dealt with in a responsible way, or the next thing they they may be dealing with is suicide
Thanks for a thoughtful reply that makes others think too.

It's quite complicated.

Does a father have a right to interface in a non-physical manner with his own biological children in a manner which may upset them greatly?

Does a court have a right to tell a father what words he may or may not say to his own children?

Does a 14-yr-old's desires to act in a certain way over-ride a father's right to attempt to modify a minor's behavior he deems to be undesirable?

I know the answer here, probably. A parent has a right to raise their children they have custody of in the manner they choose as long as it is not considered harmful. In this case, the court has ruled that the father's conduct is harmful, even though the father probably has good intentions in his own mind. The court feels that "gender identity" is supported by science, and is so important that the minor's right to self-identify outweighs the father's right to raise his children as he sees appropriate, knowing that some children go through "phases" and often change significantly during puberty, when it is allowed to occur naturally.

When I was young, I hung out with mainly girls. I wasn't feminine; girls seemed to be smarter. I also wanted to be a stuntman. I turned out to be an engineer.

I remember when being a "tom boy" used to be a frequent thing among young girls. They were the most fun. Most of them seemed to outgrow it. I think it's probably called something different now. :)
And thank you for bringing such badly needed intelligence and thoughtfulness and rationality to the board. Most people on here think that this is a big fucking joke, and have no interest in learning anything that will bump up against their bigoted views. Rather they dumb it down to a mud slinging circle jerk

You are right in saying that it is complicated but there are answers for those who seek them and are willing to learn. I come from a child welfare/protective services background . My first thought is that when it's a matter of the best interest of the child, vs. the rights of the parents, the decision should always be in favor of the child. However, it is not always clear what exactly is in the childs best interest.

However, in this case it is pretty clear to me. As you point out, the court feels that "gender identity" is supported by science. I agree and many mental health professionals do also. Regardless of the cause of gender dysphoria and whether or not it is biological, it is a feeling that is very real to a child (or adult) Failure to address it in a suportive and rational and responsible way is detrimental to the childs mental health and can result in self destuctive behavior and depression.

What do I mean by that.? I am certainly not suggesting that the child undergo any sort of irreversable gender reassignment. But he needs to have an opportunity to explore his feeings and gender identity ti see where it goes. He needs professional help, not to "cure him" but to help him to find his way. And he needs a supportive environment in his home as well. He needs to be allowed to be a boy, or as non binary, for as long as he needs to.

As such, what this father is doing (where is the mother?) amounts to emotional abuse and the court is right in telling the father what to do ( althogh jail is a bit harsh and I don't think that would happen in this country) Parental rights are not absolute and if the parent or parents refused to put the childs best interest first, foster care might be an option.

And yes, I can relate to you childhood experiences, which was a long time ago for me. It was a time when being trans was unheard of and being gay was being sick freak and no one would admit to it. Trans and gay are, of course not new. They are just more visable because more, and more people feel safe in comming out and being authentic with themselves and others, and that is a good thing for our collective mental health. At the same time, there are morons and bigots, right here on this board, who claim that there is a liberal conspiracy to turn kids gay and trans.m That is as stupid as stupid gets

Anyway thank you again for your input and for inspiring me to write this
Thanks very much for that post; I really appreciate it.

>My first thought is that when it's a matter of the best interest of the child, vs. the rights of the parents, the decision should always be in favor of the child. However, it is not always clear what exactly is in the childs best interest.

Yeah, it's complicated. I tend to think the court should stay out of controversial things like a man wanting to raise his female minor child as his daughter. I really think it is an over-reach of government authority to get involved in such things, and the science does say her DNA is female, beyond a doubt. It's quite strange to me that a court would rule he cannot treat her as a daughter.

I suppose I would be more averse to the father proactively participating. It's not like I am anti-LGBT or anything; I just think kids sometimes get crazy ideas and try to stand out from the crowd and get attention, and they often change dramatically throughout puberty. I won't judge any of the parties involved here.

I can respect other opinions, though. We are all different, and you can't learn anything at all from someone who completely agrees with you. I try to get along with everyone here, despite being quite Conservative myself (that means freedom for all, equality of opportunity, and limited gov't, maybe not what you think).

I can understand the suggestion that the father is being emotionally abusive, but it's quite arguable.

>long time ago for me. It was a time when being trans was unheard of and being gay was being sick freak and no one would admit to it.

When I was in high school, we had some people I would consider to be openly gay. They were very nice people, and very popular. I liked them, and sometimes wonder how they are doing these days.

Transgenders make up about one half of 1% of the American population, yet Liberals, Conservatives, church and media groups argue and fight over this as if it's a life or death issue - It's not! Maybe it's time to start focusing on repairing our infrastructure, paying down our national debt, beating this virus, and educating our kids. :45:

Transgender population in the US
I will tell you another thing. If LGBT issues are a distraction it is because the bigots make it a distraction.....but trying to limit their rights and protections. All that they want to live in people. If they sem militanr at times it's because they are being fucked with. Just pass the damned Equality Act and move on. We can certainly deal with all of the other issues while fostering equality. People just need to get the fuck over their hysteria about trans people
Why do science deniers need equality?
It's you jerks who are the science deniers.
How?

If you have a twig and berries, you are a male.

You may be confused about it. You may wish you were a female. You may think you are a female.

But science says you are a male.
Thank you for proving my point. You have confirmed that you have a dumbed down understanding of gender and sexuality and have neither the will or ability to learn anything. I would try to school you but I am not certified in special ed
You can’t argue on the science, clearly.
I would not wast my time trying with morons like you
You are the moron as the law already protects all US citizens; you simply want more protection for sexual deviants.

He's a faggot just looking for more conquests and he-shes are easy marks for him!

Transgenders make up about one half of 1% of the American population, yet Liberals, Conservatives, church and media groups argue and fight over this as if it's a life or death issue - It's not! Maybe it's time to start focusing on repairing our infrastructure, paying down our national debt, beating this virus, and educating our kids. :45:

I will tell you another thing. If LGBT issues are a distraction it is because the bigots make it a distraction.....but trying to limit their rights and protections. All that they want to live in people. If they sem militanr at times it's because they are being fucked with. Just pass the damned Equality Act and move on. We can certainly deal with all of the other issues while fostering equality. People just need to get the fuck over their hysteria about trans people
Why do science deniers need equality?
It's you jerks who are the science deniers.
How?

If you have a twig and berries, you are a male.

You may be confused about it. You may wish you were a female. You may think you are a female.

But science says you are a male.
Thank you for proving my point. You have confirmed that you have a dumbed down understanding of gender and sexuality and have neither the will or ability to learn anything. I would try to school you but I am not certified in special ed
You can’t argue on the science, clearly.
I would not wast my time trying with morons like you
You are the moron as the law already protects all US citizens; you simply want more protection for sexual deviants.
Really? What law is that? What law protects transgender people from abuse and discrimination in employment, housing, public accomodations and financial transactions? WHAT FUCKING LAW!??
Yer welcome.

. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
Related Products

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e and following) prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe).
"sex" has been open to interpretation and not applied to gender identity or sexual orientation . Cut the bullshit!
It is illegal to discriminate against you based on you being a male or female, Stupid.

Everyone is one or the other, according to science.
Yourrepeatedly calling me stupi does not make you sound very smart. Clearly you do not have a grasp of the issue
This far your sole talking point is that a specific set of the population must be protected from something that they are already protected.
Of course you don’t give a damn about anyone who is not a deviant.
Transgender rights in the United States - Wikipedia

As of February 2019, Congress has not codified any laws specifically protecting transgender people from discrimination in employment, housing, healthcare, and adoption,
but some lawsuits argue that the Equal Protection Clause of the federal constitution or federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on gender should be interpreted to include transgender people and discrimination based on gender identity.[citation needed]

In addition ....This EO covered employment and education only and is limited to schools receiving federal funds
U.S. President Barack Obama issued an executive order prohibiting discrimination against transgender people in employment by the federal government and its contractors.[1] In 2016, the Departments of Education and Justice issued a letter to schools receiving federal funding that interpreted Title IX protection to apply to gender identity and transgender students, advising schools to use a student's preferred name and pronouns and to allow use of bathrooms and locker rooms of the student's gender identity.[

And there is this

Trump's Labor Dept. goes through with gutting LGBTQ ...
Dec 07, 2020 · “The executive order signed in 2014, which protects employees from anti-LGBTQ workplace discrimination while working for federal contractors, will remain intact at the direction of President Donald...

and this.

Trump Administration Erases Transgender Civil Rights Protections in Health Care - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Friday finalized a regulation that will erase protections for transgender patients against discrimination by doctors, hospitals and health insurance companies, a move announced on the four-year anniversary of the massacre at a gay nightclub in Orlando and in the middle of Pride Month.

NOW tell us again why legislation is not need.
In order for me to understand where you are coming from...
In which decade of your life are you?
In which cities did you spend your life from high school to about 30?
What industry are you in or were you in?
I have to understand why your knowledge of how business attorneys and politicians manipulate the legal system in their favor 100% of the time.

The main 2 groups I have met who have your resistance to reality are teachers and mentally ill attorneys.
It's obvious you never worked for a large firm and got screwed.
Fuck no! This is just another one of your troll games. Deal with the issue or shut up. This is about discrimination, plain and simple . Sure the system is manipulated. That is why we need laws against discrimination.
There are laws against discrimination. You need to get educated.
RegressiveTraitor is probably a cross-dresser or has someone in the family who is and has the emotional need to not feel isolated.

He is a faggot of the highest order.

It’s a non issue. It is used by the conservative poutrage industrial complex of Fox News and AM talk radio to trigger the moron base.

He's a faggot just looking for more conquests and he-shes are easy marks for him!

He is a faggot of the highest order.

Have you noticed that his most intense interests in degenerate sexual perversions involves minors, often those who haven't even reached adolescence, yet? There's at least one instance on this forum of him speaking of a THREE-YEAR-OLD in terms of sexual perversions.

What do you suppose this tells us about him? Don't say it out loud, here, as it is against the rules of this forum, but I think everyone knows, even if we're not allowed to say it.

As such, what this father is doing (where is the mother?) amounts to emotional abuse and the court is right in telling the father what to do ( althogh jail is a bit harsh and I don't think that would happen in this country) Parental rights are not absolute and if the parent or parents refused to put the childs best interest first, foster care might be an option.

A court has no right to decide what is and isn't emotional abuse. Where does it end?

If you tell a 15 year old they can't go out on Friday night with their friends, is that emotional abuse?!?

If you ground a teenager or punish them for not obeying, is that emotional abuse?!?

A father has EVERY right to tell his daughter she is not male, period.

Apparently, in Canada, the push for transgender rights is now superior to those of a parent to care for their own biological children. This is quite concerning....

"a) CD shall be restrained from: i. attempting to persuade AB to abandon treatment for gender dysphoria; ii. addressing AB by his birth name; and iii. referring to AB as a girl or with female pronouns whether to AB directly or to third parties;

"b) CD shall not directly, or indirectly through an agent or third party, publish or share information or documentation relating to AB’s sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical health, medical status or therapies."

Just wow.

This is not about transgender rights. It is about the mental health of a 14 year old, an age at which HE is very aware of HIS gender identity. Feelings of gender dysphoria must be dealt with in a responsible way, or the next thing they they may be dealing with is suicide
Once again you demonstrate you are a science denier. Science says she is a female.
Once again you are a moron. See post 176 and see if it possible for you to learn something. I doubt it
Yeah, I read it. Gender disphoria is a mental disfunction. In no way does it change the science that determines if you are male or female.

If some nutbag "identifies" as a tree, does that mean he is an Oak tree?

Just wow.

Dear TheProgressivePatriot
Yes so for sake of sanity and stable consistency, doesn't it make more sense to
DISTINGUISH the external/genetic distinctions of male and female by chromosomes (X and XX and other variations of predominant female, vs XY and XYY and other variations of male dominant)
Vs
INTERNAL personality and psychological gender.

Once we can talk freely about these, then we can stop the bashing and bullying that makes for poor mental health and unhealthy relations.

After everyone is okay distinguishing (not replacing or overriding) genetic gender from internal gender identity, then the peaceful sane mindset can be used to decide on choices of expression and practice without the constant pressure and confusion fighting to control social norms.

Do you see the benefits in AGREEING to recognize genetic gender as male/female while leaving INTERNAL identity open to free choice of individual preference without being regulated or dependent on govt regulation on these infinite choices of internalized preferences and identity or affiliations.

Why not keep the public policy standards simple, based on genetic chromosomes as male/female and address the rest in terms of internalized choices which don't require proving, explaining or defending through science. If Christians and Atheists don't have to argue or prove scientific evidence that God or Jesus exist or don't exist before exercising or defending their beliefs, where is this compulsion coming from to make govt endorse internal gender or orientation as it this requires negating or rejecting physical gender?

Why not work with both?

So people can be counseled consistently to work through issues if these two levels, external and internal, do not match.

Counseling and mental health depend on accepting not denying these conflicts. Changing one's physical appearance and physiology to match internally by altering the external which is genetically generated requires a healthy understanding of both, not denying the physical and overriding it with the internal.

But accepting if these two do not match and deciding how much to alter one's appearance to reconcile for oneself first.
After someone is fully resolved and comfortable with their decisions, that is what should influence others in society

Not this business of trying to focus and change how OTHER people think and identify, by using Govt to force policies for everyone, "in order to feel equally protected."

Personal security comes from resolving problems, not just regulating policies through govt which doesn't guarantee or manage internal personal decisions or process for people on this level.

What people seek cannot be dictated by govt from top down, or centralized imposition collectively on the whole nation.

The real conflicts and resolution start with people. I support you and other fellow Progressives in creating that environment in society, not by govt force but people choosing to include each other's beliefs and ways of being and expression. If we want LGBT to be treated equally and respectfully, the best way to establish this standard is to treat all people with the same respect.

Thank you for you outreach to push in this direction. We will sooner get there by pushing together, not against each other.

We do not have to prove our beliefs in order to protect them. Just respect others and their beliefs equally as we demand for ourselves.

Just wow.

Once again you demonstrate you are a science denier. Science says she is a female.
Once again you are a moron. See post 176 and see if it possible for you to learn something. I doubt it
Yeah, I read it. Gender disphoria is a mental disfunction. In no way does it change the science that determines if you are male or female.

Thank you for further confirming your willful ignorance and insensitivity to a real human condition. You are truely pathetic and not very bright,

A court has no right to decide what is and isn't emotional abuse. Where does it end?

If you tell a 15 year old they can't go out on Friday night with their friends, is that emotional abuse?!?

If you ground a teenager or punish them for not obeying, is that emotional abuse?!?

A father has EVERY right to tell his daughter she is not male, period.
A court most certainly can determine what emotional abuse is . You are just dumbing down and trivializing the pain of gender dysphoria with this bullshit

Do you see the benefits in AGREEING to recognize genetic gender as male/female while leaving INTERNAL identity open to free choice of individual preference without being regulated or dependent on govt regulation on these infinite choices of internalized preferences and identity or affiliations.
Yes I do. That is my entire point

Just wow.

Thank you for further confirming your willful ignorance and insensitivity to a real human condition. You are truely pathetic and not very bright,
Once again you demonstrate your inability to argue on merits and science.

Is this the best ya got? Really?

Yeah, it's complicated. I tend to think the court should stay out of controversial things like a man wanting to raise his female minor child as his daughter. I really think it is an over-reach of government authority to get involved in such things, and the science does say her DNA is female, beyond a doubt. It's quite strange to me that a court would rule he cannot treat her as a daughter.

I suppose I would be more averse to the father proactively participating. It's not like I am anti-LGBT or anything; I just think kids sometimes get crazy ideas and try to stand out from the crowd and get attention, and they often change dramatically throughout puberty. I won't judge any of the parties involved here.
Well I made my case as to why the court is correct in it's ruling. Take it or leave it. As I said, parental rights are not absolute and the childs best interest are paramount.Kids do get crazy ideas, and my approach leaves room for them to outgrow those ideas while respecting their feelings and not shutting them down, which can have a desasterous outcome.

Just wow.

Is that the best that YOU got. Cur the shit already ! What happened to your fuck buddu Independant?

Just wow.

Is that the best that YOU got. Cur the shit already ! What happened to your fuck buddu Independant?
I'm here and you still have yet to present facts to back up your mentally view of the world.
Insulting people does not cut the mustard in a court of law or a discussion between mentally healthy adults.

Just wow.

You still have nothing but babbling pap.

Care to address the science I have presented?

Forum List

Back