Zone1 Why Are Horoscopes Considered Evil?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
A Christian on YouTube told me this. I thought that it was just a personality test that may or may not share your characteristics due to what month you were born. I don't really see anything wrong with it. My sign (Pisces) is mostly right just by sheer coincidence but it's still not a hundred percent and I don't really believe that birth signs could actually predict your personality, it's just by chance if the description is correct or not.

A Christian on YouTube told me this. I thought that it was just a personality test that may or may not share your characteristics due to what month you were born. I don't really see anything wrong with it. My sign (Pisces) is mostly right just by sheer coincidence but it's still not a hundred percent and I don't really believe that birth signs could actually predict your personality, it's just by chance if the description is correct or not.
It's a church thing. Stems from the times when anything not of the Church was automatically evil..by definition.
The personality stuff is a new take really..astrology was fortune telling, plain and simple--and the Church forbade any such thing.
False prophets, witchcraft and wizardry--were all conflated with astrology~

The thing is I'm pretty sure that since Harry Potter wasn't written in Biblical times that that's not what they were forbidding even though a lot of Christians seem to think it was. Although I don't have a clue why because it's not even real. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: cnm
Where does the wisdom/information in horoscopes and astrology come from?

No idea but I don't even believe in them anyways. Accurate or inaccurate there's no possible way that anybody would know what personality you develop but God.

Not conflated. It's all the same bullshit, in different wrappers.

At best, random nonsense. Potentially, diabolical influence. Whatever “guidance” one gets from any such source, one thing for certain is that it is not from God; and therefore, if it comes from any supernatural source, then it comes from Satan.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Horoscopes are purposefully vague.

The idea that a burn ball of gas, hundreds or even thousands of light years away, can tell you want will happen tomorrow is kinda hard to swallow.

The thing is I'm pretty sure that since Harry Potter wasn't written in Biblical times that that's not what they were forbidding even though a lot of Christians seem to think it was. Although I don't have a clue why because it's not even real. :rolleyes:
You have to understand the medieval mindset. They believed--in a way that's almost incomprehensible to modern people. Witches, wizards, sorcerers, Satan, Jesus..all as real as apples and oranges. The Priests said so..and for about 1,000 years people were killed if others thought they were of the supernatural. Astrology predates Christianity..so it was both suspected, and sought after.

My sign (Pisces) is mostly right just by sheer coincidence
Again, nobody actually believes this nonsense do they? How can a horoscope actually know/predict your personality for real? It's impossible.

The point is that it i because of the Barnum effect, that you believe that even by random chance, the astrological description of you is correct.

Here's an exercise to try—Have someone take a horoscope, with all its predictions, remove the signs and dates from them, and arrange them in a random order, before showing them to you. Try to pick out the reading that is most correct for you. I think you'll find that you can interpret any of them, about equally, to apply to you, and if you try to pick out the one that matches your sign, you'll fail, eleven times out of twelve.

The point is that it i because of the Barnum effect, that you believe that even by random chance, the astrological description of you is correct.

Here's an exercise to try—Have someone take a horoscope, with all its predictions, remove the signs and dates from them, and arrange them in a random order, before showing them to you. Try to pick out the reading that is most correct for you. I think you'll find that you can interpret any of them, about equally, to apply to you, and if you try to pick out the one that matches your sign, you'll fail, eleven times out of twelve.

I know what you're saying. Fortune tellers use the same technique.

Sorcery. Evil.

Again,.. it's fake.

I know what you're saying. Fortune tellers use the same technique.

Again,.. it's fake.
Yup..just like miracles, right?

Here's the logic..if someone can heal or perform wonders in the name of God--then someone can perform supernatural acts of evil in the name of Satan.
If you believe the one..the other must follow~

ding I don't go to any unknown websites but something tells me that it's also fake.

Again, nobody actually believes this nonsense do they? How can a horoscope actually know/predict your personality for real? It's impossible.
Not a horoscope but this can predict your personality archetype. It's one of the better free tests out there.

ding I don't go to any unknown websites but something tells me that it's also fake.
It's not fake. It's actually pretty useful if you understand how to use the information. All of the major companies do this for their teams.

No idea but I don't even believe in them anyways. Accurate or inaccurate there's no possible way that anybody would know what personality you develop but God.
I stopped looking at horoscopes many years ago. I did it because I think God makes it clear that we aren't to search for "the future" except by obedience to His word. As for these symbols accurately predicting personality, they tend to be VERY accurate but it has nothing to do with "magical powers". Humankind has searched the night skies for millennia.
Just as our ancestors developed knowledge of times and seasons and could predict weather by this means, they also could look at how people behaved as a group when they were born in certain times of the year. So, not magic, just shrewd observations.

Forum List

Back