Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?

I'm tired of all this civil union's ain't good enough and semantical bullshit, they can amend some aspects of civil unions to give equal legl rights to gays but leave marriage alone.

Why can't you drop your ridiculous prejudices? Especially when it has absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, 0.00% impact on you and your life.

Why?

The fact we are all talking about it means it has had an impact on our lives.

Gay couples can still have children. It may not be both of their genes producing them, but that's still another couple raising a child that would have not otherwise been there. Just because the baby wasn't completely birthed by them, doesn't mean anything.

It's no different than a heterosexual couple who do in vitro fertilization as well.

A same gender couple can adopt or do in vitro. An opposite gender couple can adopt, go the in vitro route or conceive through intercourse.

The same gender couple however, never has to worry about the unplanned while the opposite gender couple does.

Not making lite of your post (although I have a feeling some will think I am), but that still looks like the relationships are quite different.

Peace cowman

What does any of that matter though?

It illustrates that the two are different. In my opinion, in a very important way.

Not sure why, if that large of a difference exists, why the two concepts (marriage vs. civil unions) can't coexist?

crackerjaxon
Still no response to all the shit you pulled out of your ass!
What gives.
Elaborate for us , just this once.
Calling crackerjaxon! One more time for your defense.

Still no response to all the shit you pulled out of your ass!
What gives.
Elaborate for us , just this once.:eusa_whistle:

Gays are grasping little things, too. The bottom line is that they are after government benefits designed to protect women and children,

Such as? Please elaborate. I mean, we both know you can't because you've made this up, but I find it funny to ask and have you ignore it.

Are you kidding me?

Gays want ENDORSEMENT of their sick Life Style......They want being Queer to be Legitimized as an acceptable form of Lifestyle.....By fiat.....whether truly Biologically Queer or not.....by gaining acceptance they will gather more and more morons to choose and accept the sick lifestyle...

As to benefits.....Man gains other Mans health benefits, retirement benefits. etc etc etc...surely you have not thought through the unintended consequences of making Queer Marriage Accepted....oh well

Why can't gays accept civil unions and just be done with it?
Tax breaks.

08051717.jpg

Well, the DOMA kind of prevents that. I agree that the answer to the problem is to let straights keep the "marriage" name and give "Civil Unions" every right and privilege legally, that married couples have.

So separate but equal is your answer? I somehow doubt that such a decision will be forthcoming from the SC, but given some of its current members it would not suprise me. Would the right next go after interacial or interfaith marriage? Would you support making the bond between a Christian Bride and her Athiest Husband a Civil Union?

Yes, separate but equal. That's fair. Gay's are separate, that is what they want, but they also want to be equal, and I believe they should be.

Lol wow

I'm tired of all this civil union's ain't good enough and semantical bullshit, they can amend some aspects of civil unions to give equal legl rights to gays but leave marriage alone.

Why can't you drop your ridiculous prejudices? Especially when it has absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, 0.00% impact on you and your life.

Why?

How would gay marriage specifically impact your life?

Once again, are you kidding ?

Try to get a grip on this......When a specific interest group is given/granted rights......billions must be spent to enforce those rights.....billions must be spent to litigate those rights....and hundreds of thousands of useless Government Workers (bureaucrats) must be paid to write thousands of regulations in support of the False 4th Branch of US Government (Bureaucracy)....

The cost to each person in the USA for legitimizing a disgusting and repulsive Queer mandate has been estimated to cost more than a One Trillion over ten years in the above.....

Divide that by the population of Adult Tax payers in the USA.....25% pay taxes anymore....and you have your BS answer to your BS question....

Stop the Queers dead in their tracks...send them back to the Closet...or better yet, eliminate them from society....they are indeed a blight.

Try to get a grip on this......When a specific interest group is given/granted rights......billions must be spent to enforce those rights.....billions must be spent to litigate those rights....and hundreds of thousands of useless Government Workers (bureaucrats) must be paid to write thousands of regulations in support of the False 4th Branch of US Government (Bureaucracy)....

The cost to each person in the USA for legitimizing a disgusting and repulsive Queer mandate has been estimated to cost more than a One Trillion over ten years in the above.....

Divide that by the population of Adult Tax payers in the USA.....25% pay taxes anymore....and you have your BS answer to your BS question....

Stop the Queers dead in their tracks...send them back to the Closet...or better yet, eliminate them from society....they are indeed a blight.

Why do you hate gay people?

Why?

It strips me of my freedom of conscience. I will be forced to accept it as a way of the law, knowing that my faith teaches against it. The fact we discuss it's impact now means it has had an impact on our lives this very moment, as I have previously stated.

It strips me of my freedom of conscience. I will be forced to accept it as a way of the law, knowing that my faith teaches against it. The fact we discuss it's impact now means it has had an impact on our lives this very moment, as I have previously stated.

What right do you have to force your faith on others?

Rest assured, I don't hate gay people. I have gay friends in fact, but they all are tolerant of my disapproval of homosexuality. Still we are friends. :)

Where did I say that?

Just to be fair, what makes you think you can force your lifestyle on my faith?

Rest assured, I don't hate gay people. I have gay friends in fact, but they all are tolerant of my disapproval of homosexuality. Still we are friends. :)

Nah, not you, the other guy. He holds a lot of hatred for gay people.

Where did I say that?

You said you would be forced to accept it, knowing your faith teaches against it.

No one is forcing the homosexual lifestyle on you. Allowing gays to get married doesn't mean they are forcing their lifestyle on you.

Where did I say that?

You said you would be forced to accept it, knowing your faith teaches against it.

No one is forcing the homosexual lifestyle on you. Allowing gays to get married doesn't mean they are forcing their lifestyle on you.

When it becomes way of law, it has been forced on me. Whether it has any impact on me is irrelevant.

My faith teaches against it, but I have never forced it on anyone. Please ditch the assumptions, kind lady. I have to live with the fact that now those in authority over me condone it and support it, therefore robbing me of my right to think gay marriage is wrong. When the consensus agrees with that lifestyle, it alienates those who don't. There is your impact, if you seek one.

You have the right to think that gay marriage is wrong, yo don't have the right to force your religious beliefs on others.

Forum List

Back