Why can't they just "Make Mexico Great For Once"???

I'm seeing these left wing herds flying the Mexican flag at the Trump rally. It's almost all Mexican flags. Hardly any American ones. They don't like Trump's immigration policy obviously. And....they have signs saying "America Was Never Great" in a twist on Trump's slogan "Make America Great Again".

I gotta ask....why can't they just "Make Mexico Great"....for once??? Mexico existed before America. Mexico has no military enemy in this hemisphere. It has great natural resources. It has beautiful beaches for tourist draws. It has a tiny and EASILY defended Southern border (which...ironically....they enforce harshly). And an incredibly generous trade deal with the world's lone super power.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO THEY WANNA BE HERE??? What is wrong with their country or their people that they can't seem to MAKE MEXICO GREAT????

Ok, a few things.

Mexico has been independent from Spain since 1821

It lost over a 3rd of it's land in a war in 1848

It fell under French domination until 1862

For much of it's history since then, it has been economically exploited by it's northern neighbor. Those who took part in the technocratic puppet states tended to do well.

There is a thriving population in parts of the country today. These people are typically considered "Mexican" in Mexico.

The more rural populations are typically regarded as "Indians" or peasants there. There is little chance for them to climb the economic or social ladders there.

This is to say that Mexico has a great deal of systemic racism, classism and corporate cronyism. Is Mexico great? I'm sure the favored population feels that it is.

Now as far as who immigrates here, some are the peasants, some are "Mexicans" and some are just passing through. I honestly don't know which group shows up at Trump rallies. it may be some of the favored class who have come here for education. Or there may be some who just want to troll the trolls.

I'm seeing these left wing herds flying the Mexican flag at the Trump rally. It's almost all Mexican flags. Hardly any American ones. They don't like Trump's immigration policy obviously. And....they have signs saying "America Was Never Great" in a twist on Trump's slogan "Make America Great Again".

I gotta ask....why can't they just "Make Mexico Great"....for once??? Mexico existed before America. Mexico has no military enemy in this hemisphere. It has great natural resources. It has beautiful beaches for tourist draws. It has a tiny and EASILY defended Southern border (which...ironically....they enforce harshly). And an incredibly generous trade deal with the world's lone super power.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO THEY WANNA BE HERE??? What is wrong with their country or their people that they can't seem to MAKE MEXICO GREAT????

Ok, a few things.

For much of it's history since then, it has been economically exploited by it's northern neighbor. Those who took part in the technocratic puppet states tended to do well.

There is a thriving population in parts of the country today. These people are typically considered "Mexican" in Mexico.

The more rural populations are typically regarded as "Indians" or peasants there. There is little chance for them to climb the economic or social ladders there.

This is to say that Mexico has a great deal of systemic racism, classism and corporate cronyism. Is Mexico great? I'm sure the favored population feels that it is.

Now as far as who immigrates here, some are the peasants, some are "Mexicans" and some are just passing through. I honestly don't know which group shows up at Trump rallies. it may be some of the favored class who have come here for education. Or there may be some who just want to troll the trolls.
Mexico is a shithole. They cannot even educate their people.

This has been my argument all along.

I'm amazed at how proud Mexican government leaders are to help people escape their country.

I wonder what can be done to make it less of a shit hole, such as some kind of intervention by us.

It would be in our own best interests.

It won't go anywhere; the Mexican government is very much representative of its people and culture already; we saw the failure of George W.'s naive belief that Iraq could be made into a modern democracy. they chose to shit on the opportunity, and Mexico has been shitting on that since 1821. they love it the way it is.

Partisan, subjective, bigoted bullshit as usual. ^^^

Ok, a few things.

Mexico is a shithole. They cannot even educate their people.

Well then, where you come from must be a shithole as well.

Mexico is great. Over one million Americans live there and love it. Are you talking about Mexican Americans that are America citizens? If so, they are just fellow Americans protesting. US protests are rarely pretty or sweet. Mexico has to get a handle on the ruthless drug cartels and she is golden. But then again, so do we. You'd be mistaken to think Mexican citizens all want to be here just as it would be a mistake to think all of us would like to be there. Mexico is our back yard and like Canada, as the global market pairs off, she too will be important to us.

The average Mexican is no different than the average American.

They work to feed, clothe, and shelter their families. They are so busy doing that that you really don't pay that much attention to politics.

Just like Americans.

They have a society where figures of authority are expected to ask for and receive something extra for performing their duties.

As for the drug cartels. They would not exist but for the demand of their products by Americans and Canadians. It's as simple as that. Dry up the demand and you decimate the cartels.

Many Mexicans have more respect for the drug lords than they have for their political leaders. In many communities where the cartels are headquarters, the schools, roads, and general services are better than others.

It lost over a 3rd of it's land in a war in 1848.

Just because they declared they owned all former Spanish territories doesn't mean anybody need take them seriously. They had to farm out Texas to colonists, because most Mexican wouldn't have been caught dead north of Tampico, and there were very few Mexicans living anywhere in North America at the time, and that would be the case even if they include counting the Spanish missions and soldiers. they had no use for any of it. Polk gave them a excellent deal.

Mexico is great. Over one million Americans live there and love it. Are you talking about Mexican Americans that are America citizens? If so, they are just fellow Americans protesting. US protests are rarely pretty or sweet. Mexico has to get a handle on the ruthless drug cartels and she is golden. But then again, so do we. You'd be mistaken to think Mexican citizens all want to be here just as it would be a mistake to think all of us would like to be there. Mexico is our back yard and like Canada, as the global market pairs off, she too will be important to us.

Ah, well, since it's 'great' then they should have no problem taking back the 20-30 million criminal illegal aliens they sent over then; from all accounts, mainly from those who don't know anything, true, but they insist they are all hardworking valuable and wonderful, so naturally they will be welcome back in their Aztlan paradise there.

Forum List

Back