Why Conservative Is Simply Better....

race.jpg

Refute? You post some links to a blogs and a wiki-pedia article that looks suspiciously like the narrative from the blog and you want me to refute it? The same guy who wrote the blog likely wrote the Wiki article. The you top it off with a well worn syllogism that indicates all democrats are anti civil rights= liberals are democrats= liberals are racists

and conversely, republicans are angels who instigated the civil rights movement =conservatives are republicans= conservatives are not racists.

But NOW I am really perplexed. You throw the communists into the mix and seem to be putting them on the same team as the republicans in supporting civil rights for Blacks. So , let me see if I have this right.... the conservative republicans and communists worked together to end Jim Crow while the "liberals" like George Wallace and Lester Maddox were trying to keep Blacks down. I'll pause to allow you to comment.... I just want to be sure I understand what you are trying to put forth here.

Wow. Are you really going with that? Now what part of that incoherence made sense to you?

So when states rights in the US lost out to 'central planning' and slavery was abolished, that was a tragic defeat?

You are sick.

States rights are not lost. The 10th Amendment is not repealed.

Slavery was abolished and civil rights were enforced in spite of the Democrats, not because of them.

Without the Northern Democrats the Civil Rights bill would never have passed.

Early Communist infiltration - those who brought the civil rights movement with them - into the Democratic party began in the Northern states.

Do study history, and check your sources.

You are really serious, aren't you? You are not joking... BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Communist Party and the Civil Rights Movement - Hankering for History

The Communist Party USA and African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just for fun -

The Democrat Party VS the Republican Party: Who is the True Champion of the Ending Slavery, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Black Community

So equal rights for minorities was and is all a big communist plot?

of course!

So when states rights in the US lost out to 'central planning' and slavery was abolished, that was a tragic defeat?

You are sick.

Slavery was abolished and civil rights were enforced in spite of the Democrats, not because of them.

Early Communist infiltration - those who brought the civil rights movement with them - into the Democratic party began in the Northern states.

The Communist Party USA and African Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just for fun -

The Democrat Party VS the Republican Party: Who is the True Champion of the Ending Slavery, the Civil Rights Movement, and the Black Community

So equal rights for minorities was and is all a big communist plot?

of course!

And just for fun -

Obscure sources, blogs and a lot of unfounded assertions.

So dispute them.

And just for fun -

That, by my count, you are not refuting.

Refute? You post some links to a blogs and a wiki-pedia article that looks suspiciously like the narrative from the blog and you want me to refute it? The same guy who wrote the blog likely wrote the Wiki article. The you top it off with a well worn syllogism that indicates all democrats are anti civil rights= liberals are democrats= liberals are racists

and conversely, republicans are angels who instigated the civil rights movement =conservatives are republicans= conservatives are not racists.

But NOW I am really perplexed. You throw the communists into the mix and seem to be putting them on the same team as the republicans in supporting civil rights for Blacks. So , let me see if I have this right.... the conservative republicans and communists worked together to end Jim Crow while the "liberals" like George Wallace and Lester Maddox were trying to keep Blacks down. I'll pause to allow you to comment.... I just want to be sure I understand what you are trying to put forth here.

Dayum, that is DEEP!

Unlike your knowledge of history, especially apparently that of American Communism.

Wow. Are you really going with that? Now what part of that incoherence made sense to you?

What ever I said made more sense than you putting up some nonsense about Dixiecrats. No one is talking about a few democrat politicians called the Dixiecrats.
BTW I was asking for clarification from the author of the post I was addressing... I am still waiting for a reply.

And just for fun -

So dispute them.
There re so many inconsistencies in your "sources" I'd be here all day addressing and correcting them. But here is a link to show you just how outdated and slow you are...
a lot of the mess you posted has been discussed and rendered useless many times :

Conservatives vs Liberals: Who really tried to stop Civil Rights initiatives.

Dayum, that is DEEP!

Unlike your knowledge of history, especially apparently that of American Communism.

So are you saying all of the blue text is true? Is that what you really meant..is my interpretation of your premises correct?

Your home state of Georgia voted Democrat for president in every election from 1860 to 1960 (minus the secession year).

Since then it has voted Republican in 9 out 13 elections, plus voting for the segregationist George Wallace in 1968.

Do you need a clearer indicator for how southern conservative segregationist Democrats became southern conservative Republicans?

Georgia Presidential Election Voting History

The Op has made the assertion that Conservatism is better for the individual and for society, the problem of course is that the Republican Party does not meet the standards of Conservatism.

Being the liberal that you are, what do you know of true conservatism?
Social conservatives:
"Social conservatives may believe that the government has a role in encouraging or enforcing traditional values or behaviours. A social conservative wants to preserve traditional morality and social mores, often by opposing what they consider radical policies or social engineering."
If you want to talk about conservatives like reagan who tripled the national debt, go for it.

Reagan brought in more money through his tax cuts....and the democrat controlled congress spent all of it an more.....they lied to him....

Tax cuts do NOT pay for themselves. -Alan Greenspan Former Federal Reserve Chairman

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

Bush Treasury Official Carroll: "We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

The historical myth that Reagan raised $1 of taxes in exchange for $3 of spending cuts

The Pinocchio Test

It is time to abandon this myth. Reagan may have convinced himself he had been snookered, but that belief is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the deal he had reached.

Congress was never expected to match the tax increases with spending cuts on a 3-to-1 basis. Reagan appeared to acknowledge this in his speech when he referred to outlays (which would include interest expenses), rather than spending cuts. In the end, lawmakers apparently did a better job of living up to the bargain than the administration did.

If people want to cite the lessons of history, they need to get the history right in the first place.

Four Pinocchios
pinocchio_4.jpg

The historical myth that Reagan raised $1 of taxes in exchange for $3 of spending cuts

Tax cuts do pay for themselves….they always bring in more money…the problem….the democrats spend all of the money and then borrow and spend more….so if you outspend the money you generate with tax cuts….don't blame the tax cut, blame the spenders.

The Op has made the assertion that Conservatism is better for the individual and for society, the problem of course is that the Republican Party does not meet the standards of Conservatism.

Social conservatives:
"Social conservatives may believe that the government has a role in encouraging or enforcing traditional values or behaviours. A social conservative wants to preserve traditional morality and social mores, often by opposing what they consider radical policies or social engineering."
If you want to talk about conservatives like reagan who tripled the national debt, go for it.

Reagan brought in more money through his tax cuts....and the democrat controlled congress spent all of it an more.....they lied to him....

Tax cuts do NOT pay for themselves. -Alan Greenspan Former Federal Reserve Chairman

Reagan Chief Economist Feldstein: "It's Not That You Get More Revenue By Lowering Tax Rates, It Is That You Don't Lose As Much."

Feldstein In 1986: "Hyperbole" That Reagan Tax Cut "Would Actually Increase Tax Revenue."

Conservative Economist Holtz-Eakin: "No Serious Research Evidence" Suggests Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush CEA Chair Mankiw: Claim That Broad-Based Income Tax Cuts Increase Revenue Is Not "Credible," Capital Income Tax Cuts Also Don't Pay For Themselves

Bush-Appointed Federal Reserve Chair Bernanke: "I Don't Think That As A General Rule Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Treasury Secretary Paulson: "As A General Rule, I Don't Believe That Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush OMB Director Nussle: "Some Say That [The Tax Cut] Was A Total Loss. Some Say They Totally Pay For Themselves. It's Neither Extreme."

Bush CEA Chairman Lazear: "As A General Rule, We Do Not Think Tax Cuts Pay For Themselves."

Bush Economic Adviser Viard: "Federal Revenue Is Lower Today Than It Would Have Been Without The Tax Cuts."

The Pinocchio Test

It is time to abandon this myth. Reagan may have convinced himself he had been snookered, but that belief is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the deal he had reached.

Congress was never expected to match the tax increases with spending cuts on a 3-to-1 basis. Reagan appeared to acknowledge this in his speech when he referred to outlays (which would include interest expenses), rather than spending cuts. In the end, lawmakers apparently did a better job of living up to the bargain than the administration did.

If people want to cite the lessons of history, they need to get the history right in the first place.

Four Pinocchios
pinocchio_4.jpg

Tax cuts do pay for themselves….they always bring in more money…the problem….the democrats spend all of the money and then borrow and spend more….so if you outspend the money you generate with tax cuts….don't blame the tax cut, blame the spenders.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

And of course, the left lies and lies about everything…..

Do Tax Cuts Increase Government Revenue?

The following graph clearly reveals the answer. The red line represents the top marginal tax bracket while the blue line shows the total amount of Federal government revenue each year. There are two salient points here. First, as the graph illustrates, as tax rates declined, government revenue increased. Second, there is a strong negative correlation between the two. To review, correlation measures the relationship between two sets of data. The scale ranges from negative one to positive one. A correlation of positive one indicates that the two data sets move in concert with each other. A correlation of negative one indicates that as one set of data moves up, or down, the other moves in the opposite direction. Using the data from 1913 through the end of 2011, the correlation between the maximum marginal income tax bracket and total Federal receipts is a negative 0.50. In simple terms, when taxes are cut, Federal revenue has a very strong tendency to rise! And when taxes are raised, government revenue has a strong tendency to fall.

The next time you find yourself engaged in this debate and someone tells you that you that taxes must be raised to pay down the debt, you can refer them to this article. In conclusion, as JFK, Reagan, and Goerge W. Bush understood, reducing taxes has a stimulative effect on economic activity which leads to an increase in government reciepts. You can’t argue with history!

Let's repeat the historical truth…..and then the left, who worship the state…can lie ….
In simple terms, when taxes are cut, Federal revenue has a very strong tendency to rise! And when taxes are raised, government revenue has a strong tendency to fall.

Social conservatives:

The Pinocchio Test

Four Pinocchios
pinocchio_4.jpg

Saying it doesn't make it so.

And lying about it is all you have since the truth and reality show you are wrong. But what is right, true and real have no bearing on you morons on the left. All you care about is growing the state…for some unknown reason. Government wastes, steals and loses money and yet you morons want to give them more of what you earn…on the premise that this time…..they will spend it on what you want them to spend it on.

I am sure you morons don't trust politicians, we don't trust politicians either…the difference, we want to reduce their power, you want to expand their power…who is the idiot in that formulation…..? Not us, that is for sure.

Your home state of Georgia voted Democrat for president in every election from 1860 to 1960 (minus the secession year).

Since then it has voted Republican in 9 out 13 elections, plus voting for the segregationist George Wallace in 1968.

Do you need a clearer indicator for how southern conservative segregationist Democrats became southern conservative Republicans?

The racists stayed in the democrat party, the non racists saw the light and switched parties……the modern democrat party is composed of the old racists and the new racists, and the racists of all colors……..you guys can deny democrat racism all you want, but it is plain to see if you look. Every single core group of the democrat party is an openly racist organization….they don't even hide it……but you tell us we are wrong…….you guys truly are mentally ill…...

The racists stayed in the democrat party, the non racists saw the light and switched parties……the modern democrat party is composed of the old racists and the new racists, and the racists of all colors……..you guys can deny democrat racism all you want, but it is plain to see if you look. Every single core group of the democrat party is an openly racist organization….they don't even hide it……but you tell us we are wrong…….you guys truly are mentally ill…...

Really? So when Mississippi, the most racist state in the Union, stopped voting Democrat in 1964 and gave the GOP candidate Barry Goldwater the state by 88%,

none of the racists in MS voted for Goldwater. You're an idiot.

Democrats stood in the way of every civil rights bill, including every anti-lynching bill in the Senate.
And TODAY, the political descendants of those Southern right wing conservatives stand in the way of every civil rights bill for gays as Republicans.

The Democrats have always been the party of racism.

In fact, the most popular elected Democrat, former President Clinton, has an unmitigated history of racism.

Bet you love Clinton, huh, Fakey II?

Do you know what the word 'unmitigated' means?

"absolute, without excuse"

Do you have any disagreement with the sentence itself?
"...the most popular elected Democrat, former President Clinton, has an unmitigated history of racism."

Clinton had several African-American cabinet members. An 'absolute' racist would have had none.

Let's take a look at that career.....

1. Let's start with this: they were called 'Dixiecrats,' not 'Dixiecans. a. Dixiecrats lost in 1948 ...then went right back to being Democrats.

2. Now let's take a look at the most popular Democrat today, ...

a. Governor Clinton was among three state officialsthe NAACP sued in 1989 under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.“Plaintiffs offered plenty of proof of monolithic voting along racial lines, intimidation of black voters and candidates and other official acts that made voting harder for blacks,” the Arkansas Gazette reported December 6, 1989.

b. Bill Clinton hada Confederate flag-like issue, every year he was governor:Arkansas Code Annotated, Section 1-5-107, provides as follows:

(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as ‘Confederate Flag Day’ in this state.

(b) No person, firm, or corporation shall display an Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America. [Emphasis added.]

(c) Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

Bill Clinton took no steps during his twelve years as governor to repeal this law.
Hillary Clinton's Confederacy Hypocrisy | The Gateway PunditHillary Clinton s Confederacy Hypocrisy The Gateway Pundit

3. "Let's Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn't a Symbol of Racism
Just to refresh everyone's memories, we're talking about the official national flag that was used to represent the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. You know, that awkward time period when the South was vehemently fighting to keep slavery around as a means of economic prosperity for white plantation owners.

I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" mantra, especially when your heritageishate."
Let s Stop Pretending the Confederate Flag Isn t a Symbol of Racism Krystie Yandoli

23 years ago

4. BTW...Orval Eugene Faubus, attended Bill Clinton’s 1979 gubernatorial inauguration,where the two pols hugged, as Arkansas Democrat-Gazette editorial page editor Paul Greenberg recalls.)
Know who Faubus was?
Yup...he used the National Guard to prevent blacks from going to school

5. Bill Clinton wrote his first letter, dated June 21, 1994, of congratulations to the UDC [Untied Daughters of the Confederacy] celebrating their 100th anniversary. Later Clinton wrote a letter September 8, 1994 letter of congratulation to the Georgia Division of the UDC celebrating their 100th anniversary, then August 9, 1995 welcoming to Washington, D.C. for their 1995 national convention. Each letter was given a full page with Clinton’s picture in the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine (UDC Magazine) giving legitimacy to the UDC.

For reference, the UDC magazine includes " a Ku Klux Klan praising book, not just the Klan of Reconstruction but the Klan of the 1920s, a book which recommends the racist books of Thomas Dixon, “The Clansman” ...
Anti-Neo-Confederate: Bill Clinton Enables Neo-Confederates & Betrays Carol Moseley-Braun: UPDATED

Sure sounds like something a racist would do, huh?

6. "Clinton praised Arkansas’ late Democratic senator J. William Fulbright, a notorious segregationist who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. He also signed the Southern Manifesto, which denounced the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark Brown vs. Board of Education school desegregation decision in 1954. Clinton called Fulbright “My mentor, a visionary, a humanitarian.”Dems Need to Houseclean - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online

and....

Fulbright was a full-bore segregationist, voting against the 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1965 civil rights bills.

But...in 1993, Bill Clinton gave the Medal of Freedom award to a lifelong segregationist, Democrat Wm. J. Fulbright.And another life-long segregationist, Democrat Albert Gore, Sr. was in attendance.

a. Hey...didn't Bill Clinton just recently speak at the Democrat National Convention?

He was given that speaking position because so many Democrats just love, love, love this racist.

7. "… President Bill Clinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative action program."
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

Get it? Powell didn't deserve it according to Bill Clinton....too uppity for him, huh?

8. 'BILL CLINTON: IN PAST, OBAMA WOULD BE 'CARRYING OUR BAGS'
Bill Clinton In Past Obama Would Be Carrying Our Bags - Breitbart

9. Now.....if any Republican had that sort of record, what would you Liberals be screaming????

Yup...."THAT ABSOLUTE RACIST!!!"

Forum List

Back