Why do Blacks vote Democrat?

Meaning at least 50% of Blacks are not voting for welfare benefits.

Maybe not for themselves but for other blacks in general many of whom receive many other different federal and state programs.
Nope, that is where Whites take over as the undisputed leaders in accessing government programs such as food stamps and housing.

But since the 24% stat armchaos gave is too high, that 50% moves up to at least 60% not voting for welfare benefits.. considering that 88% of blacks are not on welfare rather than 76%
You're confusion is that the 24% number is referring to households not individuals. As for your 12% number you'll note that based on your provided statistics only 2% of the white population is on welfare. Does that sound right to you? First does it sound right that black people are 6 times more likely to need welfare than white people. Second does it even sound right to you that only 2% of the white population is on welfare?

Maybe not for themselves but for other blacks in general many of whom receive many other different federal and state programs.
Nope, that is where Whites take over as the undisputed leaders in accessing government programs such as food stamps and housing.

But since the 24% stat armchaos gave is too high, that 50% moves up to at least 60% not voting for welfare benefits.. considering that 88% of blacks are not on welfare rather than 76%
You're confusion is that the 24% number is referring to households not individuals. As for your 12% number you'll note that based on your provided statistics only 2% of the white population is on welfare. Does that sound right to you? First does it sound right that black people are 6 times more likely to need welfare than white people. Second does it even sound right to you that only 2% of the white population is on welfare?
That 24% figure is not my confusion, it is the confusion of your buddy armchaos. You must be clairvoyant to be able to read his/her mind and know what he/she meant. He/she didn't give any sources.BTW did armchaos hire you to be it's mouthpiece?

Since you did jump in unannounced, I'll take you on. Yes, it does sound right that Black people are 6 times more likely to need welfare than white people. White people had a tremendous head start. That only 12% of the black population is on welfare is remarkably low considering the racist history of this country. Liberals and Blacks (both liberal and conservative blacks} have done well to accomplish what they have in 50 years against the backdrop of 400 years of oppression, jim Crow, and discrimination.

If Blacks had not supported the Democrats during the crucial 50 years, I fear the numbers on welfare would be substantially higher as would those of white working class people.

One other thing. Remember that the supposedly 2% of whites on welfare comes out to roughly the same as the 12% blacks on welfare.
Welfare isn't paid by percentages, it is paid to real people in whole numbers. That means about 9 million black and non Hispanic white Americans are on welfare along with 2.4 million "others."

I suggest we emigrate more upwardly mobile bright Africans into the country to bring parity to the statistical disparity you keep harping on!
Agreed?

That 24% figure is not my confusion, it is the confusion of your buddy armchaos. You must be clairvoyant to be able to read his/her mind and know what he/she meant. He/she didn't give any sources.BTW did armchaos hire you to be it's mouthpiece?

Since you did jump in unannounced, I'll take you on. Yes, it does sound right that Black people are 6 times more likely to need welfare than white people. White people had a tremendous head start. That only 12% of the black population is on welfare is remarkably low considering the racist history of this country. Liberals and Blacks (both liberal and conservative blacks} have done well to accomplish what they have in 50 years against the backdrop of 400 years of oppression, jim Crow, and discrimination.

If Blacks had not supported the Democrats during the crucial 50 years, I fear the numbers on welfare would be substantially higher as would those of white working class people.

One other thing. Remember that the supposedly 2% of whites on welfare comes out to roughly the same as the 12% blacks on welfare.
Welfare isn't paid by percentages, it is paid to real people in whole numbers. That means about 9 million black and non Hispanic white Americans are on welfare along with 2.4 million "others."

I suggest we emigrate more upwardly mobile bright Africans into the country to bring parity to the statistical disparity you keep harping on!
Agreed?

'"If Blacks had not supported the Democrats during the crucial 50 years, I fear the numbers on welfare would be substantially higher as would those of white working class people."

Where's your reasoning on this?

Democrats have politically controlled most inner city slums for at least the past 50 years. education generally sucks, the job market sucks, the family structure sucks, respect for law enforcement sucks, drugs and crime are out of control.

Republicans are far more into self sufficiency, traditional family structure, job training, charter school options, enforcement of laws, wholesome religious beliefs and far less permissive when it comes to drug use.

Agreed?

'"If Blacks had not supported the Democrats during the crucial 50 years, I fear the numbers on welfare would be substantially higher as would those of white working class people."

Where's your reasoning on this?

Democrats have politically controlled most inner city slums for at least the past 50 years. education generally sucks, the job market sucks, the family structure sucks, respect for law enforcement sucks, drugs and crime are out of control.

Republicans are far more into self sufficiency, traditional family structure, job training, charter school options, enforcement of laws, wholesome religious beliefs and far less permissive when it comes to drug use.

Read the whole post then you will see my reasoning. Here is the part you missed. Read it and make the connection. hint: the narrative has been highlighted in green so you can't miss it!

" Yes, it does sound right that Black people are 6 times more likely to need welfare than white people. White people had a tremendous head start. That only 12% of the black population is on welfare is remarkably low considering the racist history of this country. Liberals and Blacks (both liberal and conservative blacks} have done well to accomplish what they have in 50 years against the backdrop of 400 years of oppression, jim Crow, and discrimination."

Blacks vote for the Democrats because when it really comes down to it, they DO love white people!

Agreed?
We don't need to emigrate, heck we our own babies.

FYI the 2% number is wrong... as is the 12% number.

Well, what are you waiting for? Show me where the numbers are wrong! Here is my table again:

picture-17-png.46265

Attachments

• Picture 17.png
    Picture 17.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 260

Well, what are you waiting for? Show me where the numbers are wrong! Here is my table again:

picture-17-png.46265
Number of people on welfare: 109,631,000

Well, I hate to school an engineer...a man of numbers like this...I almost feel embarrassed to do so ....but you asked for it:

welfare-stats-png.46266

Your numbers just don't add up! Take that up with the Department of Commerce.

Attachments

• welfare stats .png
    welfare stats .png
    31.1 KB · Views: 291

BTW, if we use the round figure of 321 million as the general population figure that 4.1% in the chart comes out to 13,161,000. Don't ask me why that is slightly higher than the 11,400,000 cited in the first block of the same table. But even adding the higher 13,161,000 to the other entires doesn't add up to 109.6 million!

picture-17-png.46265

Well, I hate to school an engineer...a man of numbers like this...I almost feel embarrassed to do so ....but you asked for it:

welfare-stats-png.46266

FYI 41m is not 4% of the population of the USA. We don't have a billion people in the USA. Clearly the people who put that together were looking for people like you to cut and paste them.

Last edited:
Here are the facts:
Economic Characteristics of Households in the United States

Excerpt In thousands:

One or more means-tested programs (1) (2) 109,631
Public or subsidized rental housing 13,267
Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) 20,355
Food stamps (3) 51,471
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) 5,442
Other cash assistance 4,517
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) 22,526
Medicaid 82,679

Like I said 109m on welfare... aka means tested assistance. FYI this was 2012 I don't know why Obama ordered our government to stop publishing the data.

Here are the facts:

Excerpt In thousands:

Food stamps (3) 51,471
Medicaid 82,679

Like I said 109m on welfare... aka means tested assistance. FYI this was 2012 I don't know why Obama ordered our government to stop publishing the data.
Well, your information is a bit dated. But you did notice the disclaimer at the beginning of that chart mentioning public housing, medicaid and other benefits not included in the chart. BTW the chart is a product of
Welfare Statistics Statistic Brain

I think the 11,400,000 figure for people on welfare in the chart has some merit. That figure certainly doesn't include medicaid, public housing and SSI, but reporting beneficiaries for those public funded entities will give white people a higher percentage of welfare use ( 61%) means tested welfare in 2001!
Do you want to really go there?

Here are the facts:

Excerpt In thousands:

Food stamps (3) 51,471
Medicaid 82,679

Well, your information is a bit dated. But you did notice the disclaimer at the beginning of that chart mentioning public housing, medicaid and other benefits not included in the chart. BTW the chart is a product of

I think the 11,400,000 figure for people on welfare in the chart has some merit. That figure certainly doesn't include medicaid, public housing and SSI, but reporting beneficiaries for those public funded entities will give white people a higher percentage of welfare use ( 61%) means tested welfare in 2001!
No your 11m figure has no merit. It's off by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE.

picture-17-png.46265

welfare-stats-png.46266

FYI 41m is not 4% of the population of the USA. We don't have a billion people in the USA. Clearly the people who put that together were looking for people like you to cut and paste them.

Show me where I posted anything indicating that 41m is 4% of the population of the USA? Don't start making things up now, I thought we were more civil than that!

Here are the facts:

Excerpt In thousands:

Food stamps (3) 51,471
Medicaid 82,679

No your 11m figure has no merit. It's off by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE.
I don't know why I would trust your definition of what determines welfare over that of the Commerce Department, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Cato Institute. I don't think that 11,400,000 welfare stat was just puled out of their asses. I intend to find out why. One possible explanation is that millions of individuals are receiving more than one benefit and are correctly counted as ONE by my sourcesregardless of the number of benefits taken. In essence, the 11,400,000 people on welfare number is probably accurate. The GOP and others who are against such programs have an incentive to inflate the numbers by counting one individual multiple times for each benefit he/she uses. That is typical GOP stealth tactics. :lol: My stats are not wrong, yours are just inflated!

Just to keep you honest I took the liberty of posting this from your link. The fact that people are counted in the survey just for being in he same household as a person receiving one or ore benefits does inflate the numbers considerably. If there are only 11,400,000 registrants for multiple benefits and if everyone in their household is counted with every additional benefit, it is no wonder that 109 million figure comes up.

picture-19-png.46306

Attachments

• Picture 19.png
    Picture 19.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 274

picture-17-png.46265

welfare-stats-png.46266

Show me where I posted anything indicating that 41m is 4% of the population of the USA? Don't start making things up now, I thought we were more civil than that!
Hint: In the figure YOU POSTED on welfare statistics, you will find 41m and 4.1%. I didn't make it up.. the figure you posted did.

Just to keep you honest I took the liberty of posting this from your link. The fact that people are counted in the survey just for being in he same household as a person receiving one or ore benefits does inflate the numbers considerably. If there are only 11,400,000 registrants for multiple benefits and if everyone in their household is counted with every additional benefit, it is no wonder that 109 million figure comes up.

picture-19-png.46306
Here's a clue: The means test for welfare includes stuff like number of people in the household and income of the household. For example, just because a wife is out of work does not get you welfare if the husband has tons of income. One may register but it's the entire household that benefits from the welfare. Further, the amount of welfare is based on the need of the entire household. Thus the household is the thing receiving welfare.

Last edited:
Here are the facts:

Excerpt In thousands:

Food stamps (3) 51,471
Medicaid 82,679

I don't think you can just add them up since many families recieve aid under several of those programs.
You can get housing subsidy AND Food Stamps AND Medicaid

Forum List

Back