Why do gun-enthusiasts OBJECT to registering their weapons?

I am comparing national registries of things that aren't any of the government's business.

Like, for example, a national registry where my name was in during the Vietnam draft???

Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)

Take a look at history

But they would never repeat what was done in the past and if they do, well it is for the safety of the future of America...

Also the OP'er does not realize men of 18 years or older must still sign up for Selective Service, so it show some are not even smart enough to know that...

I am comparing national registries of things that aren't any of the government's business.

Like, for example, a national registry where my name was in during the Vietnam draft???

Talk to me about what would have happened to these groups have they tried to register their firearms

1- Jews in NAZI Germany
2- Palestinians in NAZI Israel
3- Afro-Americans deep south 1860's
4- Liberals during Pinochet's regime
5- Cambodians during the PolPot regime
6- Russians during the Stalin regime
7- ad nauseam

Talk to me about what would have happened to these groups have they tried to register their firearms

1- Jews in NAZI Germany
2- Palestinians in NAZI Israel
3- Afro-Americans deep south 1860's
4- Liberals during Pinochet's regime
5- Cambodians during the PolPot regime
6- Russians during the Stalin regime
7- ad nauseam

Well, let's see. HItler confiscated all guns. PInochet confiscated all guns. Pol Pot confiscated all guns.mStalin confiscated all guns. Israel is NOT Nazi and you are obviously a Palestinian fan. Blacks were not allowed to own weapons until the proclamation. I'm black and have owned weapons since I was a boy 65 years ago.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)

Registration accomplishes nothing in the interest of the people, only in the interest of the government

Registration accomplishes nothing in the interest of the people, only in the interest of the government

It's funny - I just watched (last night) the old movie "Red Dawn" and while it was a corny bit of fun - there was one bit of scariness during the movie. The Cuban Commander (after the initial invasion) tells his second to "go to the sporting good store and get for 4295? for the lists of gun owners and types of guns"

Fiction? to be sure. But just imagine.....

Because registration leads to confiscation. There is a 100% correlation throughout history that shows this. That's why.

"Why do gun-enthusiasts OBJECT to registering their weapons?"

Because it's not rationally based, there is no objective evidence in support of registration, and it pursues no proper legislative end, rendering registration an undue burden on the Second Amendment right.
Registering any firearms serves no purpose whatsoever, it would not save one life. It would just take freedoms away… Of course a control freak in the lemming like yourself trusts the federal government…
Lol
"...trusts the federal government because the government never delays your Free Shit..." There, fixed it for ya.

It's funny - I just watched (last night) the old movie "Red Dawn" and while it was a corny bit of fun - there was one bit of scariness during the movie. The Cuban Commander (after the initial invasion) tells his second to "go to the sporting good store and get for 4295? for the lists of gun owners and types of guns"

Actually it was Form 4473, but yeah, that's about it.

(Why) do women oppose their names being recorded in a federal registry every time they have an abortion?

Probably for the same reason why morons like you don't have to register as an "official moron"....

Are you REALLY comparing what a woman chooses to do with her own body, to owning a lethal firearm?
Sure, some fellow right wing nitwits will agree with you, but sane people will readily label you an idiot.

I think when a person kills or pays someone to kill another human being there should be a public record of it.
Even if they aren't going to be prosecuted.

Actually it was Form 4473, but yeah, that's about it.

That's why I put the question mark in - I couldn't remember the form number. Thanks.

Only a tiny fraction of legal gun owners commit crimes. The left can't even come up with a reasonable argument how gun laws help anyone other than the government just wanting to know who has what guns

Because registration leads to confiscation. There is a 100% correlation throughout history that shows this. That's why.

Indeed. One of the first rules of Tyranny is to disarm the populace and, while doing so, make them believe that it's for THEIR safety.

Only a tiny fraction of legal gun owners commit crimes. The left can't even come up with a reasonable argument how gun laws help anyone other than the government just wanting to know who has what guns

BINGO!! Just another example of the left wanting to turn us over to "Big Brother".

Islamic Extremists like Hassan and Marteen do not speak for all Muslims but somehow they speak for all gun owners...according to Barry / liberals.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back