Why do gun-enthusiasts OBJECT to registering their weapons?

I am comparing national registries of things that aren't any of the government's business.

Like, for example, a national registry where my name was in during the Vietnam draft???

Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution allows Congress to raise an army.

You really need to stop creating these threads because every time you do you just end up looking like a complete dipshit, which we already know you are, but there's no reason to keep humiliating yourself.

Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)

Registration accomplishes nothing in the interest of the people, only in the interest of the government

It's funny - I just watched (last night) the old movie "Red Dawn" and while it was a corny bit of fun - there was one bit of scariness during the movie. The Cuban Commander (after the initial invasion) tells his second to "go to the sporting good store and get for 4295? for the lists of gun owners and types of guns"

Fiction? to be sure. But just imagine.....

Only a tiny fraction of legal gun owners commit crimes. The left can't even come up with a reasonable argument how gun laws help anyone other than the government just wanting to know who has what guns

I've owned guns since I was a child. I own guns (for hunting, target shooting and self-defense) to this day. I have a large cache' of ammo because I purchase it when I can get it cheap. I live 60 miles from the nearest town and it's a small town at that. I have killed humans with guns (and I state that regrettably) when the government of the United States instructed me to - and to save the life of my squad members and myself. Any idiot that believes that killing is "fun" or it in any way whatsoever resembles a video game needs to be examined by a Doctor immediately. I left Viet Nam in 1968 - and to this day I live with what happened there. I don't wish that on anyone.

Think about it....We register our cars...we register to vote....we used to register for the draft, etc. AND, gun enthusiasts on here simply LOVE to flaunt their knowledge of their guns, calibers, magazines, eta l......
YET, mention to them that they should register their weapons to a centralized data base, and they go ballistic (pardon the expression.)

Registration accomplishes nothing in the interest of the people, only in the interest of the government

It's funny - I just watched (last night) the old movie "Red Dawn" and while it was a corny bit of fun - there was one bit of scariness during the movie. The Cuban Commander (after the initial invasion) tells his second to "go to the sporting good store and get for 4295? for the lists of gun owners and types of guns"

Only a tiny fraction of legal gun owners commit crimes. The left can't even come up with a reasonable argument how gun laws help anyone other than the government just wanting to know who has what guns

I've owned guns since I was a child. I own guns (for hunting, target shooting and self-defense) to this day. I have a large cache' of ammo because I purchase it when I can get it cheap. I live 60 miles from the nearest town and it's a small town at that. I have killed humans with guns (and I state that regrettably) when the government of the United States instructed me to - and to save the life of my squad members and myself. Any idiot that believes that killing is "fun" or it in any way whatsoever resembles a video game needs to be examined by a Doctor immediately. I left Viet Nam in 1968 - and to this day I live with what happened there. I don't wish that on anyone.

Thank you for all you did. I've owned guns since I was a kid too growing up outside Kalamazoo (hence kaz), Michigan. I haven't been in the military and have never killed anyone or raised a gun in anger. I've been lucky. My brother and cousin were both in Gulf War I. My brother went to the Naval Academy and was on an air craft carrier during the war. My cousin was an MP on an Air Force base in Turkey. He was a dog handler. My brother did the minimum and got out. My cousin stayed 20+ years and retired a couple years ago with a military pension.

Thank you for all you did. I've owned guns since I was a kid too growing up outside Kalamazoo (hence kaz), Michigan. I haven't been in the military and have never killed anyone or raised a gun in anger. I've been lucky. My brother and cousin were both in Gulf War I. My brother went to the Naval Academy and was on an air craft carrier during the war. My cousin was an MP on an Air Force base in Turkey. He was a dog handler. My brother did the minimum and got out. My cousin stayed 20+ years and retired a couple years ago with a military pension.

Thank your brother and cousin for their service, from a retired Navy Vet

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Cars are registered if you drive on public roads. If you keep it on private property you are not required to register it, have a license or whatever.

Thank your brother and cousin for their service, from a retired Navy Vet

Thank you for that too then!

Yeah, it's easy for those on the left - who have never picked up a gun or ever put on the uniform to have much of a clue. Their "teachers" from Kindergarten on have brainwashed them to believe a certain way - and by God! That's the way it is, come hell or high water. That's why I personally believe that every person (be they conservative or liberal) should go to a range, try out shooting. For one - it's relaxing as hell and two - it's fun as hell. I mean, before they stand to condemn, why not know what the hell it is they are condemning??

Cars are registered if you drive on public roads. If you keep it on private property you are not required to register it, have a license or whatever.

Cars are "registered" to levee taxes on the sale of them.

Also the OP'er does not realize men of 18 years or older must still sign up for Selective Service, so it show some are not even smart enough to know that...

Inane response.....One of your fellow idiots was objecting to a federal registry...and I pointed out that there was one that I kind of objected to in 1968.

BINGO!! Just another example of the left wanting to turn us over to "Big Brother".

...and here you are with your avatar flaunting your service to "big brother".....(kind of a love-hate with that brother of yours)

Also the OP'er does not realize men of 18 years or older must still sign up for Selective Service, so it show some are not even smart enough to know that...

Inane response.....One of your fellow idiots was objecting to a federal registry...and I pointed out that there was one that I kind of objected to in 1968.

My response was not to you so please take note and I was responding to someone with a brain in here, again not you.

Now point out where I was incorrect in my comment or enjoy learning that you still have to sign up for the Selective Service once you turn 18 and if you are a male... ( You know that list they use to draft people from )

Because registration leads to confiscation. There is a 100% correlation throughout history that shows this. That's why.

You must be a [n older] German.....

I'm certainly older than you and of Scottish extraction. YOU are the German here dearie. They loved gun control. The Jews, not so much.

So you keep your guns JUST inside your home enclave/bunker??

I'm certainly older than you and of Scottish extraction. YOU are the German here dearie. They loved gun control. The Jews, not so much.

So tell me that extensive history of gun confiscation by the US government.....

Cars are "registered" to levee taxes on the sale of them.

Sure, that's why they have license plates in case you run away from a hit-n-run???

Nope. That's a by product. The plate is so they can keep track of who has paid their bill. That's all. And as was pointed out earlier, if you keep it on private property there is no requirement for registration.

Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution allows Congress to raise an army.

You really need to stop creating these threads because every time you do you just end up looking like a complete dipshit, which we already know you are, but there's no reason to keep humiliating yourself.

Aren't you the right wing "staff members" that deletes any post that doesn't fit your right wing ideology???

(...and here this one will also get deleted....LOL)

So tell me that extensive history of gun confiscation by the US government.....

Hasn't happened to great extent yet, because we have RIGHTS that prevent it. RIGHTS that you are attempting to remove. Do try and keep up.

Forum List

Back