Why do liberals criticize Romneys lack of military experience, but not Obamas???

The thread title says it all.

Have at it.

This thread might actually have some legs if I could think of any liberals who had criticized Romneys lack of military experience. Outside of this thread that is. I see Zeke chimed in to play along with this game.

I must be missing something because for at least the last two weeks the discussion about Romney has been that he was the bully of Cranbrook High in 1965.

I honestly don't remember reading or hearing anything at all abour Romney's military experience. Now granted, I don't roam the blog halls, but typically their whining streams into the LSM at some point in time.

Can you give some examples of liberals criticizing Romney's lack of military experience to help this discussion along?

Immie

Huge one:

Go to first new post Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
Dante

First new post? Hell, where's that? :lol:

Immie

Tell you what. Since you judge Obama's lack of military experience AFTER he's had 4 years as POTUS, why don't we let Romney have his 4 years, and THEN we can discuss relative lack of military experience.

It's not just Mitts lack of Military experience but foreign policy in general. Being Governor of Massachusets does not give you much foreign policy experience......he cannot even see Russia from his house

And yet, you voted for one who had considerably less foreign policy experience... and the same military experience as Romney.

Fucking hypocrite.

Not at all. As a United States Senator, Obama had to vote on foreign policy issues. Romney has never had that responsibility

In 2008, Obama had more experience than Romney has today

Have at it.

I am a Liberal and I don't criticize either of their lack of military service.

And Kudos for that stance.

I've only been bringing up the lack of service from Amy Carter thru to the Bush Girls when everyone is attacking Romney's sons now for not being military. To try to show the bias of the argument.

No one seems to get that not everyone is physically, mentally or emotionally equipped to serve in the Military.

And that there are many ways to serve one's country.

But what is really beginning to piss me off are the constant comments about supporting a war and the men and women who are fighting it and if you never have served yourself you are branded "chicken hawk".

I'm sorry. I have never been an enlisted service woman, but to support my fighting men and women in uniform and the cause that they are fighting for does not make me a chicken hawk.

Just proud and appreciative of all those young men and women who are ready to give their all.

It's not just Mitts lack of Military experience but foreign policy in general. Being Governor of Massachusets does not give you much foreign policy experience......he cannot even see Russia from his house

And, uh, HOW much foreign policy experience did Obama have in 2008???

US Senators vote on foreign policy issues......Governors do not

How long was Obama in the US senate? :lol: You're so gonna lose this one. Seriously, let it go.

And yet, you voted for one who had considerably less foreign policy experience... and the same military experience as Romney.

Fucking hypocrite.

Not at all. As a United States Senator, Obama had to vote on foreign policy issues. Romney has never had that responsibility

voting on an issue is NOT foreign policy experience.

Have at it.
The Republicans have a bad habit of not learning from past mistakes and creating wars that are totally unnecessary - only to leave it for the Democrats to clean up their mess.

Last edited:

Fucking hypocrite.

Fucking hypocrite

This thread might actually have some legs if I could think of any liberals who had criticized Romneys lack of military experience. Outside of this thread that is. I see Zeke chimed in to play along with this game.

I must be missing something because for at least the last two weeks the discussion about Romney has been that he was the bully of Cranbrook High in 1965.

I honestly don't remember reading or hearing anything at all abour Romney's military experience. Now granted, I don't roam the blog halls, but typically their whining streams into the LSM at some point in time.

Can you give some examples of liberals criticizing Romney's lack of military experience to help this discussion along?

Immie

Huge one:

Go to first new post Romney's Mormon Patriotism: 5 Privileged Sons and No Volunteers? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
Dante

First new post? Hell, where's that? :lol:

Immie

Sorries. Posting on the fly and didn't get the link location. Page two in Politics.

Fucking hypocrite.

Less than 4 years "experience", and that "experience" was voting yea, nay, or (Obama's favorite) "present".

Experience requires actually doing the job.... running something... besides running for office... which Obama has plenty of experience in... he's been running since he could walk.

Obama didnt protest to back the war either.

Robmoney did protest the anti war crowd.

He wanted people to have to go to Veitnam.

he thought it was great poor innner city kids were dying so he didnt have to.

Fucking hypocrite.

Here's a link to EVERY vote Obama made as a US Senator...
Votes by Barack Obama - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

Why don't you go through the list and pick out all his many foreign policy related votes.

Fucking hypocrite.

Less than 4 years "experience", and that "experience" was voting yea, nay, or (Obama's favorite) "present".

Experience requires actually doing the job.... running something... besides running for office... which Obama has plenty of experience in... he's been running since he could walk.

Being a US Senator involves more foreign policy experience than being a Failed Governor of Massachusetts. Votes are not yea or nay but involve research on the issue and underlying factors. Romney has none of this experience. As you well know, Obama never voted present in his term as US Senator and rarely did it as an Illinois State Senator

The Failed Governor of Massachusetts has only held one elected post in his lifetime for a reason

Easy. Obama has now shown himself to be a proven CIC.

Mittens has shown himself to be a draft dodger that supported the war he dodged and a man with 5 sons that didn't bother to get even one of his kids in the military.

See the difference? Prolly not.

Tell you what. Since you judge Obama's lack of military experience AFTER he's had 4 years as POTUS, why don't we let Romney have his 4 years, and THEN we can discuss relative lack of military experience.

Rightwinger, stop identifying yourself to the world as born and incorrigible liar, and change your monicker.

Since you question Governor Romney's foreign policy experience and his qualification to be President, please tell the world how having been a community organizer, a half-term State Senator and a half-term United States Senator qualified Obama to be President.

Your snide reference to the idiocy by liberal-whore Tina Fey, attributed to Sarah Palin only reveals your mean-spirited ignorance.

Have at it.
The Republicans have a bad habit of not learning from past mistakes and creating wars that were totally unnecessary - then leaving it for the Democrats to clean up their mess.

Oh stop your bloody bullshit. Have you ever heard of a little war called Vietnam?

It was Bushes Fault...... :lol:

Bush started the Korean War too :lol:

Oh, Wait ..... the Democrats started those, my bad :eek:

Mitt "The Barber" Romney is less qualified to be president than his noted Massachusetts Governor predecessor Mike Dukakis

At least Dukakis served two terms as governor and was successful at that level. The Barbers term as a one and done governor hardly qualify him to be President

Forum List

Back