Why Do Liberals Get Angry When...

You're kidding yourself.

Plenty of reasons in the liberal ideology to put the interests of illegals ahead of the nation's.

That might be true in some places. In others, "liberal ideology" is an easy excuse for gop failures.

Mmm, to the extent that Republican Presidents allowed this blatant law breaking to go on, you have a half a point.

RE: Sanctuary Cities. In other aspects of illegal immigration, they are nearly as blame worthy as dems.

Apparently Gov-uh-nah Jindal has a remedy for that.

Bobby Jindal: Arrest Mayors of Sanctuary Cities as Accessories

Not bad. What's his position on the 14th and mass deportations?

I couldn't begin to tell you. I'm sure whatever Trumps's is, Jindals is more extreme. So, if a guy was living in Miami since the 1970, and decides to commit a crime today, every mayor since 1970 is going to be arrested too? What if he was in Miami and re-located to Coral Gables or Boca. Would both mayors be arrested or just Miami since it is a SC? Inqiring minds want to know.

That is not what Sanctuary Cities are.

Sanctuary Cities are cities where the locals have a policy of NOT cooperating with the federal government on enforcing immigration laws, such as NOT asking about immigration status or refusing to provide such information to the feds.

It is NOT just a city where an illegal managed to live undetected.

It has been estimated that 50% of illegals pay income and payroll tax.

You have a source for that?

Also, if that's the case, then why do they refuse to become citizens, and/or how do we know they're paying if there's no records?
I will look later when I'm on my computer. Where do you get the idea that they refuse To become citizens? The reality is that we won't let them.

That's the first I've heard of that... link me a source on us refusing to take legal's and you might just change my opinion on illegals heh
Here is some information on how illegals pay income and payroll taxes.

How Illegal Immigrants Pay Taxes - Business Insider

As for your other question, the US only allows 650,000 immigrants per year world wide.

How the United States Immigration System Works: A Fact Sheet | Immigration Policy Center

Also, if that's the case, then why do they refuse to become citizens, and/or how do we know they're paying if there's no records?
I will look later when I'm on my computer. Where do you get the idea that they refuse To become citizens? The reality is that we won't let them.

That's the first I've heard of that... link me a source on us refusing to take legal's and you might just change my opinion on illegals heh

As for your other question, the US only allows 650,000 immigrants per year world wide.

How the United States Immigration System Works: A Fact Sheet | Immigration Policy Center

that's odd. Wikipedia says 14 million were left in from 2000 to 2010.

Does that number count the majority who are left in due the much abused "family ties"?

It's 8% in Phoenix and was about the same in Houston. Not sure elsewhere; Cali is supposed to be off the charts but I never thought to ask. Why do you think Sanctuary cities exist...so they can capitalize on thousands more sales tax payers. Its about the only reason I can come up with.

hmmm I had to look it up, there's base rates (state wide I guess) then surcharges on certain purchases (groceries, drugs, clothes, etc.) ~ Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Highest is Alabama at 13.5% w/surcharges, highest base rate is 7.5% in California (their surcharge max is 11.5% though)

Problem with the sales tax sanctuary city theory is that sales taxes go to the state but not fed, yea? Fed. funding grants pays for a bunch of crap that the states couldn't usually afford to pay for without Fed funding - infrastructure stuff mostly. So I mean yea, I guess illegals would be paying into the state though sales taxes, but they're (at least not that I've seen, still waiting on Ravi's proclaimed 50% pay payroll and fed taxes source when s/he gets home) not paying into those fed coffers. Aka they're getting all the benefits but not paying as much as the legal citizens who pay said payroll/fed/state taxes and also pay whatever sales tax.

"As much" is my argument.

Those who say "They are getting free shit" are simply lying. Furthermore, all of us get "free shit". I didn't pay for I-17 anymore than you paid for I-10. I paid part of it, sure but all of us are warmed by the fires started by others.

Public education, military protection, health care (medicare, medicade, CHIP, and ACA subsidies), transportation, and assistance programs (welfare, food stamps, financial aid, school lunches, low-income housing, child care assistance, utility bill assistance,) science and medical research, and interest on the national debt are all paid by federal taxes. These are things that illegals do, or often, use, or benefit from, but are not paying into (if they are not paying federal taxes.) That /does/ equal "free shit" no matter how you want to shake it.

Bug again, how much of your paycheck are you willing to put in so that illegal's can stay without paying for those services? 10-20%?

It's easy to understand where right wingers are coming from. They are afraid illegal aliens taking their jobs. I think they worry too much. If the job requires skills, right wingers are unqualified, the other jobs, right wingers are too lazy to do. This is why we need immigrants.

Uhm... no offense, but the word of four illegals does not make anywhere near an estimated nor fact. I'll agree there might be some, but I highly doubt it's anywhere near 50%.

On the other, 675,000 is a lot of immigrants a year don't you think? I mean shit that's damn near the entire population of my state... every year... How many people do you think we can pack into the US? Do you think the rate of people leaving the US is anywhere near comparable? At what point, and why, is that /not/ enough?

That might be true in some places. In others, "liberal ideology" is an easy excuse for gop failures.

Mmm, to the extent that Republican Presidents allowed this blatant law breaking to go on, you have a half a point.

RE: Sanctuary Cities. In other aspects of illegal immigration, they are nearly as blame worthy as dems.

Apparently Gov-uh-nah Jindal has a remedy for that.

Bobby Jindal: Arrest Mayors of Sanctuary Cities as Accessories

Not bad. What's his position on the 14th and mass deportations?

I couldn't begin to tell you. I'm sure whatever Trumps's is, Jindals is more extreme. So, if a guy was living in Miami since the 1970, and decides to commit a crime today, every mayor since 1970 is going to be arrested too? What if he was in Miami and re-located to Coral Gables or Boca. Would both mayors be arrested or just Miami since it is a SC? Inqiring minds want to know.

That is not what Sanctuary Cities are.

Sanctuary Cities are cities where the locals have a policy of NOT cooperating with the federal government on enforcing immigration laws, such as NOT asking about immigration status or refusing to provide such information to the feds.

It is NOT just a city where an illegal managed to live undetected.

Ahh...I forget sometimes.

It's 8% in Phoenix and was about the same in Houston. Not sure elsewhere; Cali is supposed to be off the charts but I never thought to ask. Why do you think Sanctuary cities exist...so they can capitalize on thousands more sales tax payers. Its about the only reason I can come up with.

hmmm I had to look it up, there's base rates (state wide I guess) then surcharges on certain purchases (groceries, drugs, clothes, etc.) ~ Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Highest is Alabama at 13.5% w/surcharges, highest base rate is 7.5% in California (their surcharge max is 11.5% though)

Problem with the sales tax sanctuary city theory is that sales taxes go to the state but not fed, yea? Fed. funding grants pays for a bunch of crap that the states couldn't usually afford to pay for without Fed funding - infrastructure stuff mostly. So I mean yea, I guess illegals would be paying into the state though sales taxes, but they're (at least not that I've seen, still waiting on Ravi's proclaimed 50% pay payroll and fed taxes source when s/he gets home) not paying into those fed coffers. Aka they're getting all the benefits but not paying as much as the legal citizens who pay said payroll/fed/state taxes and also pay whatever sales tax.

Those who say "They are getting free shit" are simply lying. Furthermore, all of us get "free shit". I didn't pay for I-17 anymore than you paid for I-10. I paid part of it, sure but all of us are warmed by the fires started by others.

Public education, military protection, health care (medicare, medicade, CHIP, and ACA subsidies), transportation, and assistance programs (welfare, food stamps, financial aid, school lunches, low-income housing, child care assistance, utility bill assistance,) science and medical research, and interest on the national debt are all paid by federal taxes. These are things that illegals do, or often, use, or benefit from, but are not paying into (if they are not paying federal taxes.) That /does/ equal "free shit" no matter how you want to shake it.

Bug again, how much of your paycheck are you willing to put in so that illegal's can stay without paying for those services? 10-20%?

So, if we got rid of illegals, we would no longer have to pay for Public Eucation (most of that is a State cost by the way supported through State sales and property taxes), National Defense, medicare, medicaid,CHIP, ACA subsidies, transportation,welfare, food stamps, financial aid, school lunches or low income housing? Who knew?

I'm happy with the taxes I pay.

Does that number count the majority who are left in due the much abused "family ties"?
What does left in mean?

Uhm... no offense, but the word of four illegals does not make anywhere near an estimated nor fact. I'll agree there might be some, but I highly doubt it's anywhere near 50%.

On the other, 675,000 is a lot of immigrants a year don't you think? I mean shit that's damn near the entire population of my state... every year... How many people do you think we can pack into the US? Do you think the rate of people leaving the US is anywhere near comparable? At what point, and why, is that /not/ enough?
You don't need to take their word, but you should certainly take the word of the IRS and SS Admin.

No, 675,000 is nothing in a country where supposedly 14 million want to live here. 675,000 doesn't even keep up with yearly deaths.

So, if we got rid of illegals, we would no longer have to pay for Public Eucation (most of that is a State cost by the way supported through State sales and property taxes), National Defense, medicare, medicaid,CHIP, ACA subsidies, transportation,welfare, food stamps, financial aid, school lunches or low income housing? Who knew?

I'm okay with the taxes I pay, I don't want them to go up however.

The fed puts in like 8-10% of public education funding. Can we give illegal's children 8-10% (edit sorry) "less" of the education citizens get? If not, then their folks should be paying into the funds. And that's even if we're presuming that said illegals own homes and pay property taxes.

Last edited:

You don't need to take their word, but you should certainly take the word of the IRS and SS Admin.

No, 675,000 is nothing in a country where supposedly 14 million want to live here. 675,000 doesn't even keep up with yearly deaths.

And citizen births? (even including the children of illegals born in the country?)

The IRS refuses to give out the information, it even says that in one of the sources from your link. Get them to release the info and I'll believe it though sure.

What does left in mean?

that's odd. Wikipedia says 14 million were LET in from 2000 to 2010.

The fed puts in like 8-10% of public education funding. Can we give illegal's children 8-10% (edit sorry) "less" of the education citizens get? If not, then their folks should be paying into the funds. And that's even if we're presuming that said illegals own homes and pay property taxes.

Can we somehow find out what % each of us have paid for I-10 or I-17 and limit us to that portion we paid for (assuming 100% of our taxes went to building two highways)?

What does left in mean?

that's a lot less that 650,000 per year.

You're not okay with being limited to driving only the roads you've paid for?

What does left in mean?

14 million divided by 10 is 1.4 million a year.

1.4 million a year is a lot more than 650 k per year.

Does your initial numbers include the majority who are let in due to the much abused "family ties" loophole?

It's hilarious that the left all the sudden cares about the constitution. Yet many favor violating our 2nd amendment. The cherry picking is so disingenuous, it's sickening.

On one hand, we should have muzzle loaders because that is all they had back when the 2nd amendment was authored.

On the other hand, two wrongs make a right. Meaning 2 illegals can create a U.S citizen.

Where is the consistency?

Last edited:

What does left in mean?

14 million divided by 10 is 1.4 million a year.

1.4 million a year is a lot more than 650 k per year.

Does your initial numbers include the majority who are let in due to the much abused "family ties" loophole?
mmmkay. The 14 million figure includes both legal and illegal. In a ten year period, only 6,500,000 would legally be allowed to immigrate.

Even family immigration is limited each year.

Take a look at this chart from 2012. Over 1 million Mexicans alone applied to immigrate to the USA but the quota only allows for only 47, 200 to be accepted.

Why Don’t They Just Get In Line? | Immigration Policy Center

You're not okay with being limited to driving only the roads you've paid for?

The roads I've paid for in part? Like all of them because my household pays a shit-ton into Fed taxes? Or just like the Alaska roads I actually use, which are paid for by my hefty property taxes for the past 20 years (was less for the 15 years before that though I don't recall how much), plus who knows how much in gas taxes? Your attempted argument there is kind of going to fail with me cause I'm part of that group that is paying 70% of /all/ fed taxes right now.

That said, I don't mind sharing the burden of having such great things, but there is a difference between shouldering the bills and helping pay them ya know what I mean? If I don't pay my taxes, they take my house and/or throw me in jail. I don't get a choice on the matter like illegals do. I'd be cool with giving those who /do/ pay taxes some kind of idk faster track to citizenship, but those that don't pay taxes while using all those benefits, I take issue.

I find it interesting that the same camp always screaming at us rich people to "pay your fair share" (which is apparently like 100%) have no problem with illegals not paying fed taxes. I just don't get it sorry.

What is the point of becoming an American citizen?

Forum List

Back