Why do liberals hate Christianity ?

The point is that real Christians don't own slaves.

Explains why the far left are not real Christians..
Jesus was the farthest left that you can go on the political spectrum. Free food for the poor, free medicine, love thy neighbor, end slavery, fuck the rich, etc. Those are Progressive notions.

It's why the Romans killed him.

More far left propaganda talking points!

Boring!

Time for the far left to get a new programmer, these comments are just so old, so stale and devoid of any truth.

Again more far left revisionist history!

Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons).[citation needed] Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.[citation needed]

A few prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson[21][22][23] (who created the so-called "Jefferson Bible") and Benjamin Franklin.[24] Others (most notably Thomas Paine, who authored the religious book The Age of Reason[25]) were deists, or at least held beliefs very similar to those of deists.[26]

Historian Gregg L. Frazer argues that the leading Founders (Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington) were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism".[27]

The Treaty of Tripoli, states that "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"[28] and was passed unanimously by the Senate and signed by President John Adams.

Founding Fathers of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However for any far left poster to claim that this country was not founded on religion is definitely not connected to reality.

......" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness:.......

Oh look! Shiny objects! Let's get all hung up on a survey of the Founders' religions!

The point was that the poster back there (Freewill) tried to argue that this country's founding was based on religion, rather than philosophy. And to do that he made the same mistake you just did: confused the Declaration of Independence with a founding document.

Point stands: we are founded on a philosophy, not a religion, and that philosophy is called Liberalism.

No the far left will se things that way of course.

It was a religious philosophy that was the back bone of the Constitution.

That is why it is the Declaration of Independence.

Any far left poster believe that the country was founded on liberalism is definitely not connected to reality.

Clearly you're not connected to any kind of education then. What in the blue fuck does religion have to do with declaring independence??? What?

Where's your "religious" philosophy as backbone of the Constitution? Where?

Liberalism is not "leftism" btw but I'm sure that's way over your head...

It's the Norwegian's hangup, not mine. The original point was this:

Got that? The poster (Freewill) is trying to sell this canard that the presence of the word "God" in the Declaration of Independence -- not the Constitution, mind you, but the document that tells Great Britain to sod off -- means that "Christianity is the majority religion that provided the founding principles to which this country was formed". That's his basis, which is, again, horseshit. I noted their philosophical basis and cited Deism as one of those philosophies. Which it clearly was.

Correct.

The Declaration of Independence is a political, not legal, document, and is devoid of legal authority consequently.

Moreover, there’s no evidence to suggest that the reference to ‘god’ is a reference to a ‘Christian’ god, or a deity of any religion, for that matter, or that the reference is an ‘endorsement’ of Christianity.

The United States is a secular Constitutional Republic, whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not men or the church, as both are incapable of ruling justly.

More far left propaganda based on faulty programming.

I see the far left will rewrite anything no matter how wrong it is.

The far left just keeps digging their hole even deeper, might as well let them dig a latrine. After all it is all they have got.

Gainsaying is really all you have then?
What the fuck are you doing on a message board unarmed?

Last edited:
Christianity is the religion is question in regards to the US Constitution. There isn't any debate at all whether the Founders were trying to create a Sharia state, but morons keep insisting that America is a "Christian nation, founded on Christian principles." It isn't. Jesus didn't own slaves, so Christians didn't own slaves. Anyone who said that "All men are created equal" while owning another person is a lying assclown, not a Christian.

Christians want to believe that the Founders were some glorious brilliant holy white men. They weren't. They were flawed humans like everyone else that has ever lived. Yes, they were heroes to the Revolution but they were enemies to Freedom.

Oh look! Shiny objects! Let's get all hung up on a survey of the Founders' religions!

The point was that the poster back there (Freewill) tried to argue that this country's founding was based on religion, rather than philosophy. And to do that he made the same mistake you just did: confused the Declaration of Independence with a founding document.

Point stands: we are founded on a philosophy, not a religion, and that philosophy is called Liberalism.

Any far left poster believe that the country was founded on liberalism is definitely not connected to reality.

Clearly you're not connected to any kind of education then. What in the blue fuck does religion have to do with declaring independence??? What?

More proof that the far left does not want to acknowledge the religious background of the framing of this country. But then again when has the far left truly been interested in the Constitution, it just gets in their way.

There are many documents rooted in the creation of this country that explains what the founder thought at the time. Much of it comes form a religious philosophy, but the far left would much rather not acknowledge they exist.

More proof that the far left does not want to acknowledge the religious background of the framing of this country. But then again when has the far left truly been interested in the Constitution, it just gets in their way.

There are many documents rooted in the creation of this country that explains what the founder thought at the time. Much of it comes form a religious philosophy, but the far left would much rather not acknowledge they exist.

Apparently the troll would much rather not post it...
"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

The religion of Christianity was different, it was used as a device for heavily censoring of the populace and extolling ethnic and racial bias and discrimination, to include women...Why is the notion that we should be discussing other religions when you have not entered any value of input to respond positively? If you want to have a honest discussion, cut out the jr. high 'tude along with the name calling..

"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

Of course you have all this proof (from all the far left blog sites) that proves the US was founded on "Liberalism".

And why should I post what a 10 second internet search will provide for you.

I do not do someone else's homework. You promote that the country was founded on "liberalism", up to you to prove you are right.

Then again the far left will knowing post bunk material and lies and expect you to prove them wrong.

"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

Of course you have all this proof (from all the far left blog sites) that proves the US was founded on "Liberalism".

I do not do someone else's homework. You promote that the country was founded on "liberalism", up to you to prove you are right.

Then again the far left will knowing post bunk material and lies and expect you to prove them wrong.

It wasn't the conservatives, they did not want change..

"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

Again no proof other than lazy and dull talking points based on outdated definitions.

"Outdated" definitions? Conservatism by its definition is afraid of change. Conservatives are still afraid of change. It's why they unleashed the rabidly afraid American Taliban Teabagger party to stifle a black President. Conservatives are just always afraid.

That's why they keep buying more and more guns.

"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

You want ME to go find the negative to YOUR position? :rofl:

Lazy asswipe.

Wiki:
>> Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.[2][3][4][5][6]

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The 17th century philosopher John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[7] and according to the social contract, governments must not violate these rights. Liberals opposed traditional conservatism and sought to replace absolutism in government with representative democracy and the rule of law. The revolutionaries of the Glorious Revolution, American Revolution, segments of the French Revolution, and other liberal revolutionaries from that time used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of what they saw as tyrannical rule. <<​

Duh.

"I like Christ but I don't like Christians because they're so unlike Christ."
do you like muslims ?

Most Muslims are decent people. The problem with many of them is that they take the writings in the Koran literally for just about everything. The Bible presents the same problems. If Christians followed the Bible literally in every aspect, we would be executing an awful lot of people for adultery.

What I find humorous about Christians is that they can't stand gays and believe gays are going to Hell but they don't have a big problem with adultery and divorce.

"Outdated" definitions? Conservatism by its definition is afraid of change. Conservatives are still afraid of change. It's why they unleashed the rabidly afraid American Taliban Teabagger party to stifle a black President. Conservatives are just always afraid.

Yes outdated definitions and now more far left propaganda!

"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

You want ME to go find the negative to YOUR position? :rofl:

Lazy asswipe.

Wiki:
>> Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property.[2][3][4][5][6]

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings. The 17th century philosopher John Locke is often credited with founding liberalism as a distinct philosophical tradition. Locke argued that each man has a natural right to life, liberty and property[7] and according to the social contract, governments must not violate these rights. Liberals opposed traditional conservatism and sought to replace absolutism in government with representative democracy and the rule of law. The revolutionaries of the Glorious Revolution, American Revolution, segments of the French Revolution, and other liberal revolutionaries from that time used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of what they saw as tyrannical rule. <<​

Duh.

Once again the far left proves that they can not admit they are wrong!

Still no proof for the far left other than old outdated far left programming!

Just cut and paste and edited definition and does not prove that the US Constitution was founded on Liberalism. Just a far left propagandists trying to connect dots where none exist.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You would do better to figure out which religion you should fear.

Christ taught nothing but peace and love...and lived the example. The Christian religion is based on that example...though its adherents fail too often to follow it.

Mohammed used to cut people in half with his Persian scimitar...just below the breastbone...because he like to watch the internal organs on both ends writhe and contort about in their death throes. The Muslim religion is based on that example...and they have been adhering faithfully to it for about 1500 years.
this is what liberals refuse to acknowledge .

You have yet to explain this mysterious connection equation between religion and politics.

Where is it?
impatient.gif
the premise of the thread is not to establish an equation between religion and politics . the thread is asking why a lot of liberals resent Christianity more than any other religion.

this is what liberals refuse to acknowledge .

You have yet to explain this mysterious connection equation between religion and politics.

Where is it?
impatient.gif
the premise of the thread is not to establish an equation between religion and politics . the thread is asking why a lot of liberals resent Christianity more than any other religion.

Because to the far left the only religion on the planet is Christianity.

do any of you on the left have anything to say about Muslims clinging to their guns and religion?[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XojFDLdvnJ4&feature=player_detailpage]Bitter-People-Clinging-to-Guns Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
"Take my word for it!"
rofl.gif

The liberals of our founding are the true conservatives that you enjoy applying dumbass concepts to today. Conservatives are not opposed to change. Most of us would like to see the administration change. Most of us would like to see tax policy changed. And most of us would like to see regulatroy change.

The fact that we do not like your idea of change does not mean we oppose change. we just like to see common sense applied to any change, and there is little, if any common sense in the changes you champion.

Clasical Liberals, such as our framers, wanted freedom of choice, and they fought a revolution to get that freedom. They wanted freedom of thought, freedom or speech, and freedom of religion. They believed that man had the right to choose his own destiny. Those are the very same things that true conservatives want today.

Liberal/socialists, on the other hand, want freedom from want, freedom from povery, and freedom from responsibility for their own bad decisions. And yes, they want the freedom to tell other people how they should live and work for the common good (liberal/socialist code for take care of the rest of us).

they rarely say anything bad about Islam, they will even label someone who does as hateful, racist, or intolerant,but when it comes to Christianity a lot of liberals do not hesitate to tout the so called evils of the Christian faith ....Why ??

liberals don't hate christianity ... they don't like the Idea of any religion forcing their religious beliefs on us .... thats what we don't like... as for Islam, they aren't the largest faith here in the US, christian are ... if Islam tried to do the shit that christians do, we would be in their face too... you just don't get it ... if we don't believe in a god, in this country, that is our right to do so... its not christians right to force us to believe in a god ... its not a case we hate christians, we just don't want them fucking up the country with their religious beliefs in our laws... get it moron

Forum List

Back