Why do liberals have to make up climate change?

Perhaps if "scientists" would stop fudging data so they can continue to receive funds people would take this more serious.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, there is still one question I would like to ask you.
According to liberals, conservatives deny climate change for one purpose only: to fawn corporations and get a portion of their money.
But what about liberals? What is their motivation according to conservatives? To my mind liberals have no motivation to make up climate change if it really doesn't exist simply because liberal politicians are not getting anything from enterprise 'Climate change'.

940x249xcropped-WP-Web-Banner_Eliot_op.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gZzkl2k5ej.jpg

If climate change isn't happening, then doing things to prevent it wont have any consequences.

If climate change is happening, and we do nothing, we're dead.

Exactly. The worst that could happen is we clean up the place. Oh the horror.

Our place gets cleaner all the time.
Get China and India to reduce their CO2, damage their economy, we'll wait.
It's funny how conservatives want us to stand still and force other countries to act, except when it comes to the middle east, where they have no problem sending our soldiers to die for no reason while the rest of the world does nothing.

Perhaps if "scientists" would stop fudging data so they can continue to receive funds people would take this more serious.

In the interest of providing evidence that science keeps fudging data to receive grant monies, please post probative evidence that this is so. And, then explain who provides the millions of dollars necessary to bribe scientists to defraud the public.

Since you can't do so, I'll state with confidence that you are full of bullshit, and furthermore that Stephanie and Rabbi(t) ARE at risk of not being the dumbest partisanS to post on this message board.

Perhaps if the Kochs and Monsantos would stop funding Fox Noise to fudge data, people would take that seriously.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, there is still one question I would like to ask you.
According to liberals, conservatives deny climate change for one purpose only: to fawn corporations and get a portion of their money.
But what about liberals? What is their motivation according to conservatives? To my mind liberals have no motivation to make up climate change if it really doesn't exist simply because liberal politicians are not getting anything from enterprise 'Climate change'.

We don't...Why would we have to "make up" a scenario that's plain to see by anyone without a "sheeples" mentality..??
Say..baaa..baaa..!!!:9:

Could it be that... no no it couldn't be... well maybe... could it be that liberals ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE EVIDENCE AND THAT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE?!!! :eek:

No nvm it HAS to be about politics. Because with conservatives, it's ALWAYS about politics and they don't understand anything else. God will take care of the world with his magic anyways right?

You've skipped a small portion of the OP that makes the difference.

according to conservatives

I do believe climate change is real. Conservatives don't. Therefore they blame liberals for making things up for a mysterious reason that nobody knows. What is this reason? Is it greed, is it lust for power? What do conservatives tell us in order to persuade general public climate change is a bubble.

If climate change isn't happening, then doing things to prevent it wont have any consequences.

What is their motivation according to conservatives?
Reread the OP. I do understand why liberals address climate change, conservatives don't.

It's funny how conservatives want us to stand still and force other countries to act, except when it comes to the middle east, where they have no problem sending our soldiers to die for no reason while the rest of the world does nothing.

It's funny how conservatives want us to stand still and force other countries to act

I guess you could compare our current CO2 emissions to our 2000 emissions and do the same for China and India. Then tell me who needs to act.

Could it be that... no no it couldn't be... well maybe... could it be that liberals ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE EVIDENCE AND THAT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE?!!! :eek:

No nvm it HAS to be about politics. Because with conservatives, it's ALWAYS about politics and they don't understand anything else. God will take care of the world with his magic anyways right?

I do believe climate change is real. Conservatives don't. Therefore they blame liberals for making things up for a mysterious reason that nobody knows. What is this reason? Is it greed, is it lust for power? What do conservatives tell us in order to persuade general public climate change is a bubble.

I do believe climate change is real. Conservatives don't.

So how many new nuke plants do you think we should build?

Therefore they blame liberals for making things up for a mysterious reason that nobody knows. What is this reason? Is it greed, is it lust for power?

Yes. Money and power.

Money....power.
If they were really worried about CO2, they'd support building 100 new nuke plants.

Nuke plants are a bit messy. They produce a lot of radioactive waste that affects environment. Environment reservation is not only about CO2.
What kind of power can they get? Where does it come from? Who is going to pay conservatives for accepting climate change theory and building their political agenda around this issue?
Compared to hydrocarbon lobby green companies are still underdeveloped and cannot compete with oil giants in terms of financial and political influence.

It's funny how conservatives want us to stand still and force other countries to act

I guess you could compare our current CO2 emissions to our 2000 emissions and do the same for China and India. Then tell me who needs to act.

Money....power.
If they were really worried about CO2, they'd support building 100 new nuke plants.

Nuke plants are a bit messy. They produce a lot of radioactive waste that affects environment. Environment reservation is not only about CO2.
What kind of power can they get? Where does it come from? Who is going to pay conservatives for accepting climate change theory and building their political agenda around this issue?
Compared to hydrocarbon lobby green companies are still underdeveloped and cannot compete with oil giants in terms of financial and political influence.

Nuke plants are a bit messy.

But they are CO2 free. And they actually work.

They produce a lot of radioactive waste that affects environment.

We could build them to be much safer. We could use Thorium.

What kind of power can they get? Where does it come from?

Government.

Compared to hydrocarbon lobby green companies are still underdeveloped

The fossil fuel industry actually produces something useful.

I believe those who benefit from coal and oil are the main force behind those who deny climate change, and the role the Industrial revolution has had upon our environment.

Propaganda works very well on the biddable, the willfully ignorant and those President Lincoln called out as some of the people who can be fooled all of the time.

A reasonable person is able to infer logically that melting Ice, warming oceans and other observable events are happening, and that human behavior must be ruled out; yet no one has yet offered a well constructed hypothesis on climate change which eliminates pollutants produced by industry as a cause.

I believe those who benefit from coal and oil are the main force behind those who deny climate change, and the role the Industrial revolution has had upon our environment.

Propaganda works very well on the biddable, the willfully ignorant and those President Lincoln called out as some of the people who can be fooled all of the time.

A reasonable person is able to infer logically that melting Ice, warming oceans and other observable events are happening, and that human behavior must be ruled out; yet no one has yet offered a well constructed hypothesis on climate change which eliminates pollutants produced by industry as a cause.

I believe those who benefit from coal and oil are the main force behind those who deny climate change,

Those who benefit from cheap, plentiful energy. That'd be pretty much everybody.

A reasonable person is able to infer logically that melting Ice, warming oceans and other observable events are happening, and that human behavior must be ruled out

No. Logic demands that human behavior must be proven as the cause. Otherwise, you are simply making an argument from ignorance.

A reasonable person is able to infer logically that melting Ice, warming oceans and other observable events are happening, and that human behavior must be ruled out

No. Logic demands that human behavior must be proven as the cause. Otherwise, you are simply making an argument from ignorance.

That's probably not possible given our temporal perspective. We just haven't been observing long enough to reach those conclusions, and damn sure won't be here long enough to sit around and wait.

So you take a theory -- here's a pollutant that looks like it might be driving it -- and clean up. If the theory doesn't hold up -- so what? You've cleaned up a pollutant -- what's been lost? If it turns out there's a trend and it's not man-made, we're all fucked anyway.

But seriously, who defends pollution that has no redeeming social value? It's a little like crying the blues about "losing my trans fats" -- who the hell's gonna miss it?

Money....power.

Sure, as long as you would agree to store the spent nuclear waste down your pants for the next 3000 years.

Money....power.

Freaking expensive corporate welfare (subsidy) hogs too.

No, the vast majority of conservatives get no money out of it. Most conservatives deny it because solely because their political cult told them to do that. A few at the top are influenced by the vast sums of cash, and they hand out the orders to those below. Any conservative who doesn't obey gets banished from of the herd, so they all fall in line.

In contrast, the rational people -- a category that cuts across all political persuasions all across the world -- ignore the politics, and go with the facts and data. If the leaders of the Democratic Party suddenly denied global warming, it would have no influence on how the rational people see the science.
Lmao you really believe that? Most conservatives graduated from the Second grade, when the skool teacher discussed climate change has been going On for billions of years.

Also only a complete and utter sheep would believe you could read this to the half a degree 115 years ago and record it Accurately

Attachments

• IMG_20150522_025934.jpg
    IMG_20150522_025934.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 82
When we have this kind of technology today, pre 1990s

Attachments

• IMG_20150522_030013.jpg
    IMG_20150522_030013.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 90

Forum List

Back