Why do NRA members not support Keith Scott?

Keith Lamont Scott had a right to carry a gun.
He was in his vehicle.
He broke no laws that day.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

Why does NRA not come out and support Scott's right to have a gun?
As you can see you’ll only get ignorance, hate, and stupidity from the right.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.
The stupidity seems to be coming from him.
I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.
and he keeps coming back with 'but, but, but"
I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC.
And you have no valid response?
I win. :)

When you come up with a link saying a felon can carry, then you might declare victory.

He was in his vehicle.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him after he did not drop his gun.

And conservatives’ efforts to blame the victim, and demonize African-Americans shot by law enforcement is one of the more reprehensible manifestations of the right.
I've posted a couple of links showing the man should not have had a firearm, especially in a vehicle.
"I posted a link that says a man can open carry a gun in a vehicle in NC."

and when he got out of the car with the gun in his hand, that ended.
You lose
Cops were there hunting for another.
He broke no laws sitting in his vehicle with gun.
Cops violated his right to remain in vehicle, unless he was a suspect.

Felon in possession of a gun is breaking the law.

He was in his vehicle.

When you come up with a link saying a felon can carry, then you might declare victory.

He did that

and CERTAIN felons are allowed.

BUT

Keith Scott failed to meet the criteria

He was in his vehicle.

If Keith Lamont Scott Had Followed Gun Laws, Would He Still Be Alive?

Convicted criminals aren't allowed to own and use guns AT ALL.

He broke the law of resisting arrest and being a convicted violent criminal the cop defended herself.

Resisting arrest is not a capital crime. The police are not prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner.

Resisting with a firearm will get you killed.

He was in his vehicle.

He's a convicted criminal in possession of a,firearm who refused to follow police orders. That doesn't really ingratiate him to those of us in the NRA crowd.

Let's say that's true . The cops didn't know that . It's not like he was being pursued after he had just commited a crime .

No, the cops were looking for a suspect, and Scott decided to yell at the cops, thus drawing attention to himself.

And? You forget this is America right ?

You yell at a cop and they can shoot you ?

You might not want to have marijuana and an illegal gun when you do it. That tends to draw unwanted attention.

He was in his vehicle.

He did that

BUT

Not violent felons or felons sentenced to more than a year. Unless their rights have been restored.

He was in his vehicle.

The NRA supports people legally owning firearms. According to CNN..." under North Carolina law, Scott would have been prohibited from owning firearms or ammunition because he had been convicted of a violent felony. When he was 30, in 2003, a Bexar County, Texas, grand jury indicted him on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and evading arrest with a vehicle after Scott allegedly shot a man the previous year. Scott pleaded no contest and was sentenced to more than eight years in prison after his 2005 conviction. He was released in April 2011, Robert Hurst with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice told CNN."

So, that's why they're not supporting his right to have a gun.

They support his right to find a loophole where he can buy one.

So, you've been reduced to lying this quickly? Shame on you.

Felons can buy guns from private citizens without undergoing the background check that would prevent the seller from legally selling the gun.

That's the loophole. The NRA supports that loophole. You are ignorant.

Perhaps you should take the time to understand the Constitutional safeguards concerning private property. People selling their private property is not a loophole. You are the ignorant one.

He be wrong color.

Bullshit kid.
IF a Cop says drop your weapon, drop it.
Had he obeyed he'd be alive.

There was no reason to shoot him. He wasn't a threat.
The video just released shows he was. He refused to put down the gun, a Colt Mustang .380, I own one myself, very small and easy to miss. So the wife lied and put officers in harm's way. She should be arrested and charged with endangering their lives.

He did that

BUT

Not violent felons or felons sentenced to more than a year. Unless their rights have been restored.
Hell I didn't even serve one day in jail/prison but because of the charge I plead guilty to came with a max 5 year sentence I can't legally buy a gun either..via the feds not states...I can try and get it redone just haven't yet and if push comes to shove I can get a weapon if I need it. I have enough other things to defend myself with so.

He was in his vehicle.

Actually, he did break several laws that day, which the NRA would never support.

Wow, that's one massive fail OP.

He did that

BUT

Hell I didn't even serve one day in jail/prison but because of the charge I plead guilty to came with a max 5 year sentence I can't legally buy a gun either..via the feds not states...I can try and get it redone just haven't yet and if push comes to shove I can get a weapon if I need it. I have enough other things to defend myself with so.

Yep, that'll do it.

TAKE 2:
My intended focus was not on Keith Scott's criminal past, but on his gun-rights behavior before he was shot by an immature cop.

My understanding is that NRA & most members support legal gun ownership and rights to open carry their firearm. No?

Therefore, I'll rephrase my OP ...

IF Keith Lamont Scott had a legal right to carry a gun, why would NRA not support him?
He was in his vehicle.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him within seconds after he did not drop his gun and posed no threat to them while walking backwards with hands down.

The shooting was unnecessary.

TAKE 2:
My intended focus was not on Keith Scott's criminal past, but on his gun-rights behavior before he was shot by an immature cop.

My understanding is that NRA & most members support legal gun ownership and rights to open carry their firearm. No?

IF Keith Lamont Scott had a legal right to carry a gun, why would NRA not support him?
He was in his vehicle.
Police forced him out of the vehicle and shot him within seconds after he did not drop his gun and posed no threat to them while walking backwards with hands down.

You aren't real bright.
" IF A COP TELLS YOU TO DROP THE WEAPON, DROP THE WEAPON"
Dumbass.

TAKE 2:

He was in his vehicle.

You aren't real bright.
Dumbass.
You are not bright -- a "dumbass". LOL.
What does "Drop the gun" mean when he's sitting in his car and cops can't see him "drop his gun" from their positions?
A gun owner in NC has a right to open carry a gun outside & inside his car ... if he does not threaten anyone.

His rights were infringed by cops, and he was murdered by that immature cop. Cops need better training and sensitivity toward other immature people.

TAKE 2:

He was in his vehicle.

You aren't real bright.
Dumbass.
You are not bright -- a "dumbass". LOL.
What does "Drop the gun" mean when he's sitting in his car and cops can't see him "drop his gun" from their positions?
A gun owner in NC has a right to open carry a gun outside & inside his car ... if he does not threaten anyone.

His rights were infringed by cops, and he was murdered by that immature cop. Cops need better training and sensitivity toward other immature people.

Stupid fuck watch the video.

Forum List

Back