Why do Repubs bitch so much about SNAP if the cost is a fraction of the overall welfare budget?

I honestly think it is because they like feeling righteous and superior to people who they perceive to be "losers". I don't feel superior to you, but I do feel sorry.

It gives them a hard-on to say to themselves "yeah! I'm a self-made man! I'm tougher than nails! I provide for my family! I don't need hand-outs!" Sure, conservatives have never used food stamps. Could be you're on a rant, still butt- hurt over the election.

The truth is I can't wait.

that republicans don't even know who is on food stamps. Yep, you got us. Good work.

The large majority of households on food stamps have children in them, for instance. I guess we didn't know that. You're smart dude. Superior Republicans for sure. You really showed us.

Even then these people get peanuts in benefits. Appears you're exaggerating to make up a story. But you're way more smarter than us, so I may be missing the "point": A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Oh, and any head of the household on food stamps has a job. This makes a lot of sense. Guess I was wrong about your rant.

Also, did you notice how I said "households"? I sure as fuck did dude. Good job.

The job income eligibility is based on the total income that household makes. Neat. Just to make something of nothing because this isn't going anywhere, happen to know what qualifies as a "household" member?

It isn't based on an individual's income alone. Wow......You mean to tell me one household member earning zero while another earning a million makes a difference? Who'd have saw that coming?

A household would have to make 130% of the poverty line at the most to qualify. No shit, they have limitations. How much are you getting per month?

Now this may sound like a lot, Which part?

but it is a figure that has not kept up with the rise in inflation the last couple of decades. They raise the poverty level all the time dip shit, and 130% poverty is not a figure.

BTW: SNAP benefits cost $70.9 billion in fiscal year 2016 and supplied roughly 44.2 million Americans with an average of $125.51 for each person per month in food assistance.
lol you're funny dude. You think your desperate attempt at wit is supposed to make me not notice that you didn't make an actual factual rebuttal. In fact, you provided a source for all of my information. Thanks!

Didn't know I was desperate. Thanks for helping.

You don't have any information. All your OP did was to go on a rant about Republicans based on your butt-hurt and you proved nothing. Spinning your incompetence on me does nothing to support the OP. Remember, you wrote the OP.
My rant is based on facts. The only time the RW uses facts is when they randomly Google information to counter a liberal's argument.

Again, you didn't provide any facts. You didn't even provide a point outside you feel Republicans are this and that because you're butt-hurt.
I provided many facts. You know I did. Republicans don't think about facts until liberals provide them.

I honestly think it is because they like feeling righteous and superior to people who they perceive to be "losers". I don't feel superior to you, but I do feel sorry.

It gives them a hard-on to say to themselves "yeah! I'm a self-made man! I'm tougher than nails! I provide for my family! I don't need hand-outs!" Sure, conservatives have never used food stamps. Could be you're on a rant, still butt- hurt over the election.

that republicans don't even know who is on food stamps. Yep, you got us. Good work.

The large majority of households on food stamps have children in them, for instance. I guess we didn't know that. You're smart dude. Superior Republicans for sure. You really showed us.

Even then these people get peanuts in benefits. Appears you're exaggerating to make up a story. But you're way more smarter than us, so I may be missing the "point": A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Oh, and any head of the household on food stamps has a job. This makes a lot of sense. Guess I was wrong about your rant.

Also, did you notice how I said "households"? I sure as fuck did dude. Good job.

The job income eligibility is based on the total income that household makes. Neat. Just to make something of nothing because this isn't going anywhere, happen to know what qualifies as a "household" member?

It isn't based on an individual's income alone. Wow......You mean to tell me one household member earning zero while another earning a million makes a difference? Who'd have saw that coming?

A household would have to make 130% of the poverty line at the most to qualify. No shit, they have limitations. How much are you getting per month?

but it is a figure that has not kept up with the rise in inflation the last couple of decades. They raise the poverty level all the time dip shit, and 130% poverty is not a figure.

BTW: SNAP benefits cost $70.9 billion in fiscal year 2016 and supplied roughly 44.2 million Americans with an average of $125.51 for each person per month in food assistance.
lol you're funny dude. You think your desperate attempt at wit is supposed to make me not notice that you didn't make an actual factual rebuttal. In fact, you provided a source for all of my information. Thanks!
What is factual about your op, you start it with the words I think. It's your nasty opinion only.
No, my opinion is based on objective facts about food stamps.

If the cost is so nominal Billy000 - why don't you pick up the tab for it? :dunno:
That's a stupid question. Obviously i can't alone. I can only provide my own revenue contribution like any other citizen of a country.

I've explained this to your whiny ass a zillion times already Billy000. I want you to ask an adult to read this to you and explain it to you:

We hate SNAP because it is a violation of the U.S. Constitution. The federal government is explicitly restricted by the constitution to 18 enumerated powers and feeding the hungry is not one of those powers.

The answer will be the same when you ask an equally stupid question again tomorrow.

If the cost is so nominal Billy000 - why don't you pick up the tab for it? :dunno:
That's a stupid question. Obviously i can't alone. I can only provide my own revenue contribution like any other citizen of a country.
Why? Pick up a second job. Sell your possessions. You could do it if you really wanted to. You don't care nearly as much as you are desperate for people to believe.

Talk about irony.. Hey Billy who pays for you to be complaining on here?

I've explained this to your whiny ass a zillion times already Billy000. I want you to ask an adult to read this to you and explain it to you:

We hate SNAP because it is a violation of the U.S. Constitution. The federal government is explicitly restricted by the constitution to 18 enumerated powers and feeding the hungry is not one of those powers.

The answer will be the same when you ask an equally stupid question again tomorrow.
Let me ask you this; because wages are so behind on the rising cost of inflation, how can children in poor families eat if they are not the primary beneficiaries of SNAP?

Why? Pick up a second job. Sell your possessions. You could do it if you really wanted to. You don't care nearly as much as you are desperate for people to believe.
That'a dumb. This isn't even about me. You know that right?

God forbid Billy doesn't even have a first job he is a College kid

It is about you.. It's almost 3 am.. Est time.. We know you're a college kid

No it's not. It's 2AM Eastern Time lol. And if you looked at my profile you would see that I am in Colorado. That's Mountain time so it's 12AM.

I'm not in college. I finished that 6 years ago.

No it's not. It's 2AM Eastern Time lol. And if you looked at my profile you would see that I am in Colorado. That's Mountain time so it's 12AM.

I'm not in college. I finished that 6 years ago.

Why do you idiots on here always do that?

So you live in Colorado?

It's like push you enough I always get the information

Interesting to note I lean Republican and have worked for welfare. The OP's "point" is:

"Republicans don't know the first thing about welfare" Rant

"It's just a fraction of the welfare cost" Fraction? Rant

"Republicans just act tough" Rant

"They take into consideration the poverty rate and income" That qualify as a rant?

"I provided proof" Denial

What is factual about your op, you start it with the words I think. It's your nasty opinion only.
No, my opinion is based on objective facts about food stamps.
Ok, so those objective facts stated all that about Republicans? I would like to see a copy of that, because they sure aren't true of myself or my Republican family or any of my Republican friends. It just sounds like a lot of hate and nothing else.

It is about you. You start the threads complaining. I give you constitutional solutions to the things you complain about.

Yeah, sadly "A household would have to make 130% of the poverty line, which has not kept up with inflation". That's cool, neither has my income, but I set myself up so it doesn't matter. Guess what, the median standard of living is declining in the US, for which there are many reasons, including immigration.

Perhaps you can account for the welfare dollars spent on immigrants, which is more per household than average. That and as a group they provide less support when they are self-reliant. Then ask yourself why you support no fences, while expecting the poverty line to keep up with inflation...............Add a 20 trillion deficit. and that OP is a good basis for applying "Critical Thought" on the subject of welfare.

Last edited:
I honestly think it is because they like feeling righteous and superior to people who they perceive to be "losers". It gives them a hard-on to say to themselves "yeah! I'm a self-made man! I'm tougher than nails! I provide for my family! I don't need hand-outs!"

The truth is that republicans don't even know who is on food stamps. The large majority of households on food stamps have children in them, for instance. Even then these people get peanuts in benefits. Oh, and any head of the household on food stamps has a job.

Also, did you notice how I said "households"? The job income eligibility is based on the total income that household makes. It isn't based on an individual's income alone. A household would have to make 130% of the poverty line at the most to qualify. Now this may sound like a lot, but it is a figure that has not kept up with the rise in inflation the last couple of decades.
You think you know what you're talking about
but, you don't have a fucking clue!

When I have a dollar bill and $3.00 in change
to buy a gallon of milk and the grown Hispanic guy
in front of me pulls out a link card to pay for
a bag of Doritos, a case of soda and a frozen pizza...
Yes, I HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THAT!

When I'm at Walmart and standing behind a girl
with a fresh weave, nails done, talking on an iPhone,
3 kids with her, using a link card to pay for a cart of junk food,
and then using the link card a second time to pay for
toys, make up, cigarettes, dog food and a bottle of Crown Royal...
YEAH, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THAT

FOOD STAMPS ARE NOT SO YOU CAN BUY THINGS
YOU OTHERWISE COULDN'T IF YOU HAD TO BUY YOUR OWN FOOD!

NO ONE WILL STARVE, THEY'LL HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE!

I DONT HATE POOR PEOPLE,
I HELP POOR PEOPLE WITH WHAT LITTLE I HAVE!

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HELPED SOMEONE IN NEED?
WHEN HAVE YOU FED OR CLOTHED SOMEONE BITCH?

HOW MANY WINTER COATS, BOOTS, HATS, GLOVES AND BLANKETS
HAVE YOU DONATED/BOUGHT FOR THE NEEDY THIS WINTER BITCH?

I DISPISE IRRESPONSIBILITY!
FUCK OFF YOU POMPOUS AIRBAG!

Interesting to note I lean Republican and have worked for welfare. The OP's "point" is:

"Republicans don't know the first thing about welfare" Rant

"It's just a fraction of the welfare cost" Fraction? Rant

"Republicans just act tough" Rant

"They take into consideration the poverty rate and income" That qualify as a rant?

"I provided proof" Denial
What does that even mean? You've worked for welfare?

I honestly think it is because they like feeling righteous and superior to people who they perceive to be "losers". It gives them a hard-on to say to themselves "yeah! I'm a self-made man! I'm tougher than nails! I provide for my family! I don't need hand-outs!"

The truth is that republicans don't even know who is on food stamps. The large majority of households on food stamps have children in them, for instance. Even then these people get peanuts in benefits. Oh, and any head of the household on food stamps has a job.

Also, did you notice how I said "households"? The job income eligibility is based on the total income that household makes. It isn't based on an individual's income alone. A household would have to make 130% of the poverty line at the most to qualify. Now this may sound like a lot, but it is a figure that has not kept up with the rise in inflation the last couple of decades.

You guys never get it, do you?

It's not that no one wants to help people. The problem is that too many people have stopped trying to help themselves. The focus should be on talking to young people and helping them avoid the trap of welfare by finishing school and working toward their future. Welfare is a dead end because it's not temporary for some. It is sad.

We also need to get jobs back so people have the means to support themselves.

It's you guys who use words, like loser, to describe them. There are those who take advantage of the system and they do need their butts kicked.

The left encourages welfare because the more dependents, the more votes they get when they promise them more.

It's Republicans wanting to bring back welfare to work and help people realize their full potential. The left seems content to keep people on the doles.

Forum List

Back