Why Do So Many Christians Vote Democrat?

Excellent question. Unfortunately even Falwell can't talk sense into every one who calls themselves a Christian.

---45% of Catholics and 39% of “Protestant/Other-denomination” Christians voted Democrat in the 2016 Presidential Elections, according to Pew. In other words, Christians have the power to swing the 2020 election---

No Christians vote Democrat.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
There are millions of Black, church-goers that might disagree with you.

Excellent question. Unfortunately even Falwell can't talk sense into every one who calls themselves a Christian.

---45% of Catholics and 39% of “Protestant/Other-denomination” Christians voted Democrat in the 2016 Presidential Elections, according to Pew. In other words, Christians have the power to swing the 2020 election---

No Christians vote Democrat.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
There are millions of Black, church-goers that might disagree with you.
You can explain to the class how it pleases God to be attacked by a political party and strive to murder babies.

Pick any topic where the Left and Right disagree. The Lefts position is always anti-Biblical. Always.

Why do you seek to divide Christians? What did Jesus say?

Why is the Right Wing so hell bent to divide Americans from Americans?

Pick any topic where the Left and Right disagree. The Lefts position is always anti-Biblical. Always.
Since you wish to oversimplify, pick any topic where the Left and Right disagree. The Left's position is always New Testament, the Right's is always Old Testament. Always.

Why do you pretend you dont see that's what you're doing.

In the end, Christ WILL separate the wheat from the chaff.

Since you wish to oversimplify, pick any topic where the Left and Right disagree. The Left's position is always New Testament, the Right's is always Old Testament. Always.
Abortion.
JC:
“Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Want to keep playing? I love leftists who play theologian.

“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you: that if any would not work, neither should he eat.”

"His master said to him in reply, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I did not plant and gather where I did not scatter? Should you not then have put my money back in the bank so that I could have got it back with interest on my return? Now then! Take the talent from him and give it to the one with ten. For to everyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich; but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And throw this useless servant into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth."

“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you: that if any would not work, neither should he eat.”
In his first letter to the Corinthians, Saint Paul writes,
…the members of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and those members of the body that we think less honorable we clothe with greater honor, and our less respectable members are treated with greater respect; whereas our more respectable members do not need this. (12:22-24)

Abortion.
JC:
“Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Children are not babies and it was children Jesus was referring to.

"His master said to him in reply, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I did not plant and gather where I did not scatter? Should you not then have put my money back in the bank so that I could have got it back with interest on my return? Now then! Take the talent from him and give it to the one with ten. For to everyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich; but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And throw this useless servant into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth."
St. Augustine:
If you are not capable of laying down your life for your brother, you are at least capable of sharing some of your goods with him. For if you cannot even give out of your abundance to someone in need, how could you possibly lay down your life for anyone?
St. Augustine also said:
God does not demand much of you. He asks back what he gave you, and from him you take what is enough for you. The superfluities of the rich are the necessities of the poor. When you possess superfluities, you possess what belongs to others. (Exposition on Psalm 147, 12).

That's God's job, not your's.

Why not ask the question why do Christians vote Republican? is there anything in the bible where God takes political sides?

In his first letter to the Corinthians, Saint Paul writes,
…the members of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and those members of the body that we think less honorable we clothe with greater honor, and our less respectable members are treated with greater respect; whereas our more respectable members do not need this. (12:22-24)
Oopsey! You forgot Paul said to cast out those that like to sin.

1 Cor. 5:1-13

It is the Christian's job to recognize the wolves. I do.

I love people who think the Bible supports their ideology. The Bible is a Rorshach drawing, you can see anything in it you want to see.
Hilarious. You say you follow the NT and when I quote the NT to show you’re wrong suddenly the Bible is hogwash.
What is hilarious is your equating Jesus' lesson on the little children (Matthew 19:13-15) with abortion. I guess you can decide who is a true Christian so you should be able to tell Jesus what he meant to say.

Forum List

Back