Why do so many people from every political angle talk like we're on the path to destruction?

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
Liberals, conservatives, whatever. It seems like so many people are convinced that the world is ending and/or that everything is horrible. Are we really headed for doom? Is life really that bad? There's so much negativity and melodrama in politics. Does it never occur to you people that maybe humanity will be just fine? Maybe people have to convince themselves the world is ending and that everything sucks so their rage and hysteria doesn't seem like an overreaction.

It's my opinion that humanity will be just fine. We'll forge ever onward and reach heights beyond what we can currently imagine. You doom and gloomers are heavily overreacting. It almost seems like you want to witness the world crumble. Just relax a little; take a Xanax. Everything's going to be fine.

Last edited:
Liberals, conservatives, whatever. It seems like so many people are convinced that the world is ending, or that humanity is on a collision course with doom. There's so much negativity and melodrama in politics. Does it really never occur to you people that maybe humanity will be just fine? Maybe people have to convince themselves the world is ending so their rage and hysteria doesn't seem like an overreaction.

It's my opinion that humanity will be just fine. We'll forge ever onward and reach heights beyond what we can currently imagine.
one side is stating their goals and the other is trying to warn people,,

Both sides seem to be incapable of seeing that humanity is and always has been on an upward trend if you step back far enough to see the big picture. I see no need for all of the negativity.

Both sides seem to be incapable of seeing that humanity is and always has been on an upward trend if you step back far enough to see the big picture. I see no need for all of the negativity.
over the last 50-100 yrs its been going down,, the further back you step the clearer it is to see the tyranny and oppression in the name of equality and diverseness,,,

Of course we're doomed.

Extinction is just one small part of a normal cycle that has gone on since "the big bang" or whatever you prefer to call it.

To grasp that you need to thing in geological units of time.

Probable there might be another thousand or two years left.

If that worries you then you really should seek help.

Of course we're doomed.

Extinction is just one small part of a normal cycle that has gone on since "the big bang" or whatever you prefer to call it.

To grasp that you need to thing in geological units of time.

Probable there might be another thousand or two years left.

If that worries you then you really should seek help.

Yes, we can't exist forever. That's not really what I was talking about and I think that's obvious.

over the last 50-100 yrs its been going down,, the further back you step the clearer it is to see the tyranny and oppression in the name of equality and diverseness,,,

Over the last 100 years we have had countless unbelievable technological breakthroughs that have changed our world completely. In general the world is more peaceful and prosperous than it has ever been. What are you talking about?

Liberals, conservatives, whatever. It seems like so many people are convinced that the world is ending and that everything is horrible. Are we really headed for doom? There's so much negativity and melodrama in politics. Does it really never occur to you people that maybe humanity will be just fine? Maybe people have to convince themselves the world is ending and that everything sucks so their rage and hysteria doesn't seem like an overreaction.

It's my opinion that humanity will be just fine. We'll forge ever onward and reach heights beyond what we can currently imagine. You doom and gloomers are heavily overreacting. It almost seems like you want to witness the world crumble.

Hillary still lives = the Anti Christ

Hillary3.jpg

Over the last 100 years we have had countless unbelievable technological breakthroughs that have changed our world completely. In general the world is more peaceful and prosperous than it has ever been. What are you talking about?
and all the while personal responsibility and freedom has been declining,,,

its all a matter of perspective,,, other than the medical advancements I can make the case the others have had a more negative effect than positive,,,

Liberals, conservatives, whatever. It seems like so many people are convinced that the world is ending and that everything is horrible. Are we really headed for doom? There's so much negativity and melodrama in politics. Does it really never occur to you people that maybe humanity will be just fine? Maybe people have to convince themselves the world is ending and that everything sucks so their rage and hysteria doesn't seem like an overreaction.

It's my opinion that humanity will be just fine. We'll forge ever onward and reach heights beyond what we can currently imagine. You doom and gloomers are heavily overreacting. It almost seems like you want to witness the world crumble.
All that has pillared America since it's founding is under relentless assault from the Left.
Leftism undermines all that is the 'American Way', it destroys things, it manifests and fosters division among the people, it causes mass degradation everywhere it takes root. Good real, core Americans intend to be proactive, they know that Leftistism must be defeated, it has no place in American society.

its all a matter of perspective,,, other than the medical advancements I can make the case the others have had a more negative effect than positive,,,

Globally life is easier for more people than it ever has been at any point in history. More people gain access to education and transcend poverty every day. Technological advancements are exploding. I'm actually quite jealous of the generations that will come after me. They'll witness wonders beyond my conception.

Liberals, conservatives, whatever. It seems like so many people are convinced that the world is ending and/or that everything is horrible. Are we really headed for doom? Is life really that bad? There's so much negativity and melodrama in politics. Does it never occur to you people that maybe humanity will be just fine? Maybe people have to convince themselves the world is ending and that everything sucks so their rage and hysteria doesn't seem like an overreaction.

It's my opinion that humanity will be just fine. We'll forge ever onward and reach heights beyond what we can currently imagine. You doom and gloomers are heavily overreacting. It almost seems like you want to witness the world crumble. Just relax a little; take a Xanax. Everything's going to be fine.

The world just seems like it's ending. Liberals have become heightened drama queens so they find an excuse every 20 seconds. AOC would be a good example.

All that has pillared America since it's founding is under relentless assault from the Left.
Leftism undermines all that is the 'American Way', it destroys things, it manifests and fosters division among the people, it causes mass degradation everywhere it takes root. Good real, core Americans intend to be proactive, they know that Leftistism must be defeated, it has no place in American society.

Is it possible that your negativity is exaggerated?

Globally life is easier for more people than it ever has been at any point in history. More people gain access to education and transcend poverty every day. Technological advancements are exploding. I'm actually quite jealous of the generations that will come after me. They'll witness wonders beyond my conception.
easier doesnt always mean better,,, most of those things make us dependent and if taken away after a few generations it is devastating,, they say if the electric grid went down for an extended period it would cause the deaths of more than half the population,,,

Is it possible that your negativity is exaggerated?

Those afraid to confront reality always dismiss another's "negativity" as "exaggerated"...don't they?
Isn't that how the Right has had their nation stolen from them over the last two decades...by pretending there really was no problem worth fighting over?

Those afraid to confront reality always dismiss another's "negativity" as "exaggerated"...don't they?
Isn't that how the Right has had their nation stolen from them over the last two decades...by pretending there really was no problem worth fighting over?

We have different realities it seems. I see the world getting better and better. You seem to think everything is falling apart. :confused:

sure do,, its called personal responsibility and being prepared,,, for me it would be a slight inconvenience for a short time,,

of course that wouldnt be fun cause most people are to addicted to the easy stuff and as far as I'm concerned they can die off

We have different realities it seems. I see the world getting better and better. You seem to think everything is falling apart. :confused:
it your eyes whats getting better that isnt artificial??

sure do,, its called personal responsibility and being prepared,,, for me it would be a slight inconvenience for a short time,,

of course that wouldnt be fun cause most people are to addicted to the easy stuff and as far as I'm concerned they can die off

So your solution is for people to stop using technology and go back to the old days?

Forum List

Back