Why do the anti God crowd attack the bible ?

Most christians I have met do not have an open mind about anything. Their focus is on what a BOOK says. A book written by man, for man. A book translated so many times no telling how many were warped to suit the political agendas of that day and time. A book missing many chapters and gospels because of the same political agendas. A book. Ignore the kindness and love Jesus came to preach. Ignore what he said. Stay with THE BOOK. Y'all worship that thing like the hebrews worshipped the golden calf while moses was getting some laws. But that story is from THE BOOK as well so how do we know the real facts? FAITH. And mine is very very different from most christians. Unless they are as open as I am to think 'what if" and question God and Jesus both but never act opposite of what Jesus taught.

Why would i have an open mind to things i find offensive ?

What is the difference in having faith in the bible and faith in mans philosophy ? The bible is much more reliable.

Why should you have an open mind to things YOU find offensive? Read that question 2 or 3 more times and give me a straight answer. You should very MUCH have an open mind because YOU are not the decider of such things.

I am an honest person or try to be as best as i can.I will not placate to a lie. Dang that's twice i had to use that word.

I am the decider in what i will believe, and what i will teach. I don't take lightly my many years of research and study on these issues.

Yeah and when Jesus returns he will be leading an army of war?
Hardly a loving help the sick and children forgive his tresspassers kind of guy?
Heaven must do horrible things to you?

He needs an army to destroy all the wicked that is on the earth.

An all powerful being with the ability to create and destroy does not need an army to destroy the wicked. Not that I am judging you, my brother... but how weak is your faith?

That is correct, but that is what's gonna take place and in the time frame he wants it accomplished.

A "personal Relationship" is Really just a nice way of saying that we all believe a little differently than another. Presumed Arrogance? Not at all..

You have a personal relationship with the "nothingness" you embrace... unless are you telling me that all agnostics and atheists have the same philosophies. Which I highly doubt.

No, I'm telling you Christians think faith is a personal decision, which it is.

You are the one who thinks it is your business what others believe. As is evidenced by this post.

Really? You think it is my business? How about calling me a Communist while your at it? None of us really knows who is right, do we? I don't give a crap how you worship or believe. All I ask is that you let others find their own way without you... and/or people like you condemning them to hell before you know the least bit about them.

No offense... and I hate to say this.. because it goes against my own philosophy of not judging people... but some people have such a limited mindset when it comes to God and their faith. Seriously... do you think that God really cares about things such as evolution vs. Creation nearly as much as he does about Salvation and loving your fellow man? Do you really think God cares as much about Homosexuality or abortion, or other sins... as much as he does about people coming to him in times of regret, despair and need?

In short, I am of the OPINION that your limited faith has painted you and people like you into a very small corner of what God stands for. I really hope that someday you will come to understand the real power of the Lord. The power to not only read off the sins and virtues of a person... but to also understand the circumstances and the compulsions that lead a person to their own personal sins and struggles.

You can hate... you can judge, you can condemn.... but none of that means nothing to God. God is the decider.... not you, nor people like you. In fact... I believe that you are going against God's word every bit as much as a non-believer is. But that is your choice.... just as it is for one not to believe at all.

Wow i am not trying to offend you but for God's sake open your bible.

Why would i have an open mind to things i find offensive ?

What is the difference in having faith in the bible and faith in mans philosophy ? The bible is much more reliable.

Why should you have an open mind to things YOU find offensive? Read that question 2 or 3 more times and give me a straight answer. You should very MUCH have an open mind because YOU are not the decider of such things.

I am an honest person or try to be as best as i can.I will not placate to a lie. Dang that's twice i had to use that word.

I am the decider in what i will believe, and what i will teach. I don't take lightly my many years of research and study on these issues.

Hey.........You Were Excreted...........Glen Beck did a lot of "research" for his tv show as well.

Probably from the same bunch of whackos where Beck gets his, is where you got yours, I'd wager.

I've already provided proof of the exact opposite, as did CB with our examples of the tortoise and the fish.

I'm not going to link the exact same, scientific facts from a website when you don't take them seriously the first time.

And i presented why it could never happen.

It is scientifically,and mathematically impossible.

No matter what you read on wiki.

Those idiots act as though they proved something with the tortoise and fish links...

They didn't prove anything except that animals can quickly change appearance (which those of us who have ever had any interest in horses, dogs or fish already know) and the scientists that initially identified different species made humongous mistakes.

Wow.

That proves that evolution is tied into the creation of new species...HOW???

They have been brainwashed into believing that one cell evolved into everything we see today even though the evidence does not support that view.

They also have to believe that non-living matter became living-matter with no viable way to explain it,their belief is built on faith,it's a religion.

And i presented why it could never happen.

It is scientifically,and mathematically impossible.

No matter what you read on wiki.

Those idiots act as though they proved something with the tortoise and fish links...

They didn't prove anything except that animals can quickly change appearance (which those of us who have ever had any interest in horses, dogs or fish already know) and the scientists that initially identified different species made humongous mistakes.

Wow.

That proves that evolution is tied into the creation of new species...HOW???

They have been brainwashed into believing that one cell evolved into everything we see today even though the evidence does not support that view.

They also have to believe that non-living matter became living-matter with no viable way to explain it,their belief is built on faith,it's a religion.

Hey........You Were Excreted.........got news for you sportcheck, scientists believe that organic matter could have seeded this planet from outer space.

So what?

I for one am glad you have come to this thread to lend credence to my claims that the bible bashers are brain dead morons.

Much like yourself.

Welcome.

Er..I never said there was proof of the existence of God.

In fact, I have said repeatedly, there is no proof and none is warranted.

Well Allie,i have to disagree a little, Bare with me for a moment.

The bible mentions things that were confirmed by science to which no man could know at the time of the writing of the scriptures to me that is strong evidence that God inspired the scriptures.

There is also reliable prophecy that can't be refuted, signs of inspiration.

But anyhow we are very close in our views when it comes to science.

Yes, I know, but I'm just pointing out that dimwit was attributing something to me that I never said.

But their arguments don't make sense because they don't understand what the hell they're arguing.

It's like trying to argue with my kids, when they're trying to make adult arguments. In them it's cute, and I help them along.

In adults, it's just depressing.

Oh wait, you're arguing to some other argument that has never been made again. I get it.

Nope im debating whatever "creation of new species" is.

Rockin' tortoises: A 150-year-old new species

How did two separate species of tortoise develop on each side of the colorado river? They look so similar, yet genetically they should be considered different species because at some point they diverged into two separate species to better survive in their environment.

Is that not evidence of a single animal diversifying into two species?

Can you point to any destinct new species that was the result of mutations that is not considered micro-adaptations ?

And when are you gonna respond to my post from DR. Spetner ?

He totally blows your theory out of the water, that you're stubbornly trying to explain to argue as proof.

Are you asking why we havent seen any new species evolve in front of our eyes?
1. In some cases we do. New animal species evolved in an instant - life - 27 July 2005 - New Scientist
2. In most cases evolution does not work that fast.

Wow i can't believe the things you say.

A harmful mutation can't take over a gene pool but a beneficial mutation can. :lol:

Lmao because the organisms with the harmful mutation die you retard. The ones with the beneficial mutation live longer.

All people die dummy.

I have a brother that was deformed at birth,he is 61. That is a harmful gene it effects his movement and a normal life.

Its an organisms ability to reproduce that matters. The portion of the population that has the beneficial gene reproduces (as a whole) faster than a portion than doesnt, or that has a harmful mutation. Thats how beneficial genes spread. How dont you get that?

Lol and neither of them have commented on the hominid skulls ive mentioned about 5 times now. Or the dozen other fossils ive mentioned.

OP thinks god created boxers as a separate breed when it was bred in 19th century germany...lol...

They prove what exactly?

Ever heard of eldridge and gould and their theory.

Why did they come up with this theory, because of a lack of change in the fossil record.

Did you miss that the coelacanth showed no change over the many years evolutionist said it was on the planet ? and they claimed it evolved. Yeah i trust the biologist that make such claims without proof.

How about you look at the Eryops as the ancestor to modern amphibians. The Coelacanth statement was made as an educated guess on my part, and this is more accurate.

Heres what i have to say about your Punctuated Equilibrium Theory (lol, your quoting theories now...).

"...The controversial geneticist who advocated the idea of "hopeful monsters," only exacerbated the matter. Which lead some biologists to conclude that Gould's punctuations were occurring in single-generation jumps.[32][33][34][35] This interpretation has frequently been exploited by creationists to mischaracterize the weakness of the paleontological record, and to portray contemporary evolutionary biology as advancing neo-saltationism"

I have quotes by the author of that theory hating on you and your type.

Gould: "Since we proposed punctuated equilibria to explain trends, it is infuriating to be quoted again and again by creationists—whether through design or stupidity, I do not know—as admitting that the fossil record includes no transitional forms. Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."[37]

Looks like someone doesnt even understand what your talking about.

Well positive mutations don't result in new species, either.

Why aren't the children of Einstein a new species?

Or Michael Jordan?

I know why...because such mutations don't lead to new species.

It's simple, really.

Why is a Great Dane the same species as a toy poodle?

Cuz mutations don't lead to new species.

I could do this all day.

Why are families of red heads still the same species as blacks?

Mutation doesn't lead to new species.

Great answer Allie,i wonder if it will sink in now.

Lol that was so stupid. Thats your evidence? Wow...

I like your christ...I do not like your christians...christians are so unlike your Christ

ghandi

"I ain't afraid of your Jesus. I ain't afraid of your Yahweh. I ain't afraid of your Allah, I'm afraid of what you do in the name of your God."

Holly Near

It is not about the Bible. For me, it is about how so many people can call themselves Christians and stray so far from the God of Love Christ portrayed. Try going to the web site Budget Hero and do up a national budget that Jesus would write per the New Testament and then look at the budget the Christian Right wants. Jesus was not a war monger seeking to enrich the super wealthy by taking fromt the needy.

Forum List

Back