Why do the God-haters persist?

But you have repeatedly said that your "god" has no personal interest in you whatsoever so clearly you have no relationship with this entitity, unless your relationships are defined by the other person having no interest in you.
Which I can certainly imagine being the case.

No, I have said that God doesn't "care" or have human emotional attributes, and I gave a comparison of electricity in your wall socket not "caring" what you do with it, but more than willing to dole out the consequences for disrespecting it's power. If you wish to believe electricity doesn't exist because you can't see it, that's fine... it's still there in the outlet and available to benefit you, if you ever decide to accept it exists.

Now, you and I have conversations here daily... You tell me what you want me to hear, and I tell you what I want you to hear, and we argue our points back and forth, usually with me beating your brains in and causing you to act emotively in a pathetic attempt to save face... but the point is, you don't have any concern for what I am doing or about to do. I also have no interest in you whatsoever.... more interested in the fungus beneath my toenail, honestly. However, we do have what can be described as a 'relationship' here on this forum, under our respective screen names and avatars. Strange how that works, huh?

How does electricity tell you what your future is?
That is what you are saying your god will do regarding hell, right?
As for emotive, that is your department. You are notorious for losing complete control of yourself and simply descending into swearing and other vulgarities. That is your bailiwick, not mine.
I have repeatedly embarrassed you in your ridiculous arguments, like this one here in this exchange. God doesn't care, but he will tell me if I am going to hell, but he doesn't care about me personally or directly. Silly stuff. Don't worry, the fools that think you are credible never notice the logical head-on collisions that you write.
Your arguments are so self-defeating that all I ever have to do is get out of the way and let you trip on your spurs.
As for that hygiene problem under your toe, an occaisional shower should take care of it.

Well, I have done more than look up the definition at Wikipedia and elsewhere. Understand that Nihilism as well as nihilism has numerous connotations. There is a wide range of beliefs and attributes associated, just like with Atheism and atheistic. I gave a rather short concise definition for the sake of brevity.

While there are a great deal of anti-social aspects to Nihilism that aren't found in Atheism, I believe it's because Atheists talk the talk while Nihilists walk the walk. If you honestly believe there is no God, no supreme spiritual force out there of any kind, then what real purpose does life have? What is the basis for moral accountability? Humanity? Social mores? Everything is just a big mind fuck and we live for ourselves, and that's it. Nihilists simply take Atheism to it's logical conclusion, nothing means anything. There is no reason for it to mean anything.

What is SO fascinating to me as a psychologist, is just how quickly the "Atheists" here were to jump on this and weigh in. Totally offended at the notion that someone might think of them as *gasp* Nihilists! ...I love messing with minds here!

You love thinking you are messing with minds, anyway. :lol:

As I've said before, I doubt that many surveys (likely to be one of the major ways people come up with statistics about belief in god(s)) have nihilism as a choice, at least in the US. Atheism or agnosticism, perhaps, but nihilism is not a common word used to describe lack of religious belief. So making claims about nihilism as the only non-religious choice is just silly.

That's not even taking into account the simple misuse of the word.

But go ahead and keep on thinking your keen psychologist's training is really throwing all the non-believers for a loop with this. ;)

Well they can certainly ask people if they are Nihilists worldwide and come up with a statistic. That's what I assume they've done when it's reported that less than 5% are Nihilist. I would assume they are probably also Atheists... (but not part of the Atheists who are forming churches, according to sillyboob.)

But if you want to just count Atheists, then only 1 out of 10 people describe themselves as that, the other 90% have some sort of belief in something greater than self. It's still a very laughable far cry from this supposed "mass exodus" from God, as has been inferred.

Oh, I don't want to argue that there is some kind of mass change going on in people's beliefs. I would guess that it's more likely that, since so few people were atheist or agnostic in the past (or at least willing to admit as much) that what we could be seeing is a huge jump in comparative numbers. Going from, let's say, 2% of people claiming atheism or agnosticism to 10% is an extremely large increase....but still a pretty small minority compared to believers.

I just don't think that nihilism is generally considered in questions of religious belief. I also think surveys are often crafted in such a way so as to try and reach a particular conclusion, and that nihilism is unlikely to be part of such a conclusion. That's my issue as far as this part of the discussion is concerned. I don't want to give the impression I think the world is suddenly turning away from religion or spiritual belief in droves.

Actually, pumpkin, you are very much the archetype for the angry fundamentalist......It's remarkable how in lock-step you are with the other fundies...

Isn't it curious how in one sentence I am "the archetype" and the next sentence, I am following in lockstep with the "other" fundies? You segregated me from the rest and didn't even seem to notice you did it. :smiliehug:

I guess you think calling people "angry fundamentalist" is supposed to upset them and make them run from their religious faith or something? Actually, it only serves to further marginalize you as an anti-religious intolerant who can't be conversed with civilly.

My goodness. Such melodrama. I just find it curious that you are unable to even define your own beliefs and the gods who are the capos of those belief systems.

Virtually in a single sentence, you will sack your gods for something you call "spiritual nature" and then later, make appeals to the gods.

It's just a confused tirade of anti-science rhetoric that makes appeals to magic and supernaturalism.

You at least are avoiding digging your grave deeper by trying to defend your absurd rants.

But you said we agree! :lol:

Purposely ignoring the "WELL REGULATED Militia" bit.
You just give and give and give.

Yes, and you can't have one of those, in order to defend your freedoms, if you don't have the uninfringed right to bear arms. Dingbat!

And you don't have the right to bear arms without one.
Always the high road.

NO, not all states had their own militia at the time this was written and passed.

What I WILL say about natural laws, is what gives people the right to bear arms
is the responsibility of each person for defending the laws SIMILAR to militia.

Even if the written laws says "you have the right to bear arms"
NO ONE has the natural right, given by God or by Govt, to bear arms
for the purpose of committing crimes or other unlawful abuse.

To abuse the law to justify owning or bearing guns for some criminal intent
is further abuse of that freedom that comes with natural responsibility.

People are invoking that right, because it is the people who ultimately
are responsible for our government. The govt and laws are supposed to reflect
our consent, and our agreements on laws as social contracts WITH EACH OTHER.

So we do have equal responsibility for enforcing laws, even WITHOUT a formal militia.

Even individual citizens with guns have social responsibility for safety and enforcing laws
not violating them when taken on and exercising their capacity using firearms.

It is the COMMITMENT by conscience to the laws that gives people authority of govt.
Lawless abuse is not an option, nor does the law require joining a formal militia.

Actually, pumpkin, you are very much the archetype for the angry fundamentalist......It's remarkable how in lock-step you are with the other fundies...

Isn't it curious how in one sentence I am "the archetype" and the next sentence, I am following in lockstep with the "other" fundies? You segregated me from the rest and didn't even seem to notice you did it. :smiliehug:

I guess you think calling people "angry fundamentalist" is supposed to upset them and make them run from their religious faith or something? Actually, it only serves to further marginalize you as an anti-religious intolerant who can't be conversed with civilly.

My goodness. Such melodrama. I just find it curious that you are unable to even define your own beliefs and the gods who are the capos of those belief systems.

Virtually in a single sentence, you will sack your gods for something you call "spiritual nature" and then later, make appeals to the gods.

It's just a confused tirade of anti-science rhetoric that makes appeals to magic and supernaturalism.

Dear Hollie: Where God represents something truly universal,
what is wrong with directing the focus to "spiritual nature" or "Wisdom"
or any number of ways that Manifestation of this God can be expressed?

Why is that "sacking" God to explain in any number of terms God is known?

Jesus in one context means spiritual salvation
while in another means justice; these are related but not the same.

Am I sacking the name of Jesus by describing Jesus as Justice for one person,
or as Salvation for another? What if people receive understanding in different ways?

What is wrong with that? Is it something to criticize as negative?
Or see as something positive that these concepts are so universal
they translate into each person's perception in relatively ways unique to them?

Isn't that even better?

This electricity analogy works when explaining how natural healing works with life energy.
If there is a break, blowout, disconnect or disruption in the circuit (or the switch is off),
then the electricity will not flow.

If the point is found and remedied, then the circuit and flow is restored.

Hellish suffering is caused by a massive buildup or blowout of negative energy.
So again, compared with a safely flowing circuit, anything that negative can be detected and corrected instead.

So God's laws are like the laws of science that explain when the circuit is flowing, or is broken, or overloaded, or if we are mixing AC with DC and causing a blowout.

God's laws are neutral. Both heavenly balance and peace, and hellish abuse and suffering can be explained using neutral laws of "cause and effect" which are universal (apply to all people regardless of our views or beliefs, but are part of natural laws of the world).

If you believe in God's love, or some collective force of life or love that is "biased" toward good, then God is not neutral but in favor of love, healing and happiness for humanity.

=====================================================
As for emotive, that is your department. You are notorious for losing complete control of yourself and simply descending into swearing and other vulgarities. That is your bailiwick, not mine.

I have repeatedly embarrassed you in your ridiculous arguments, like this one here in this exchange. God doesn't care, but he will tell me if I am going to hell, but he doesn't care about me personally or directly. Silly stuff. Don't worry, the fools that think you are credible never notice the logical head-on collisions that you write.
Your arguments are so self-defeating that all I ever have to do is get out of the way and let you trip on your spurs.

As for that hygiene problem under your toe, an occaisional shower should take care of it.

Even if you don't believe God cares about, people who love God may care about you
enough not to want you to suffer when you could have greater understanding and peace.

When y'all are done criticizing your personal objections, I hope you can see that all of you are incredibly adept at discussing these things objectively and articulately.

I do not doubt each of your ability to carry the topic to full conclusion, so I see little need to sidetrack on personal remarks. If that is only a test to see if anyone else will give up and back out first, I hope you all stay to finish sharing an interesting in-depth conversation.

Please do not waste words insulting each other's intelligence, I would like to hear the rest of what you have to say without distraction.

Thank you for this!

But you have repeatedly said that your "god" has no personal interest in you whatsoever so clearly you have no relationship with this entitity, unless your relationships are defined by the other person having no interest in you.
Which I can certainly imagine being the case.

No, I have said that God doesn't "care" or have human emotional attributes, and I gave a comparison of electricity in your wall socket not "caring" what you do with it, but more than willing to dole out the consequences for disrespecting it's power. If you wish to believe electricity doesn't exist because you can't see it, that's fine... it's still there in the outlet and available to benefit you, if you ever decide to accept it exists.

Now, you and I have conversations here daily... You tell me what you want me to hear, and I tell you what I want you to hear, and we argue our points back and forth, usually with me beating your brains in and causing you to act emotively in a pathetic attempt to save face... but the point is, you don't have any concern for what I am doing or about to do. I also have no interest in you whatsoever.... more interested in the fungus beneath my toenail, honestly. However, we do have what can be described as a 'relationship' here on this forum, under our respective screen names and avatars. Strange how that works, huh?

I have repeatedly embarrassed you blah blah blah blah blah....(dream on!)

Electricity doesn't tell my future, but my knowledge that it exists is inspiration for me to plug in a lamp so I can see when the sun goes down, or plug in an electronic device and converse with you here on the Internet.

I don't think I've spoken much about Hell and what my God will do regarding it. One of the reasons I'm not a Christian is because I don't believe in the Christian incarnation of Heaven and Hell. (Not saying they are wrong, just not my personal belief.)

Now, I may be completely wrong, this is totally MY opinion, but I think there are various levels or planes of existence above and below where we currently reside in this physical presence and reality. Call them different dimensions if you will. Our souls or spirits are here for now, and depending on a myriad of factors regarding how we maintain our soul, it will either go to a higher plane or lower plane after our physical life here is over. This is why we are compelled to do "good" and seek "light" instead of dark, etc. Spiritual Nature is attempting to guide us on a positive path to something greater, a higher plane of awareness and existence in another dimension.

What we do is solely dependent on the strength of our spirit, and some of us have stronger spirits than others. It's not about your mind or religious beliefs, it's about your 'humanity' more than anything else I can describe. If you are purely an evil spirit, your soul is destined for the lowest rung of existence, which is probably not a pleasant place. However, if you have tried to obey your conscience and do as Spiritual Nature has guided you to do in your life, then perhaps you ascend to a higher level, maybe even to the highest level.

Conservatives never change. Hence the name. So it is no surprise that the people that rule our society because they have all the money would use the same Red Scare tactics that worked in 1920's then again in the 40's and 50's. Conservatives have never changed. Hell, they don't even believe science. And what is amazing is they are our neighbors, bosses, friends, customers, co workers. These idiots live among us. They were conned into Iraq by Bush and they actually NEVER blamed Bush or the GOP for the collapse of our economy. That's how brainwashed and dumb they are. I wish for Jesus to come back and take them all home.

Hi Sealybobo and Boss:
Can we have an agreement NOT to generalize anyone on here
as a STEREOTYPE labeled either as a "God hater" or as a "brainwashed Conservative"

How can we hear what each other has to say if we have already pegged
each other in our minds, and use that as a filter to screen out or bias any information?

If you want the world to look all red, sure, put on your red glasses and all you
see will look red. But I thought you DIDN'T want that. If you DON'T want people
to act like Godhaters or act like brainwashed cult members, why project this image?

Can we please agree to put that to the side?

I would like to follow this conversation and sharing of ideas between
clearly intelligent discerning minds, but without the filters and biases blocking the signal.

I really want to hear what you have to say, clearly, as you represent yourselves
not as other people paint you where you waste time defending and reacting to that.

Thank you

Hi Sealybobo: Science can also prove that spiritual healing is real and natural, and the procedure of exorcism or deliverance actually does work effectively to remove demonic obsessions that otherwise take over control of minds of patients (who might express their sickness as schizophrenia, multiple personalities, or other illnesses that have been cured if caused by generational phobias or addictions in the spirit which Christian prayer heals).

If you are serious about science, you might look into that area of medical research.

You are right, that the church and religious attachments to controlling conditions on faith HAS blocked science. Even Christians argue that who have been trying to promote knowledge of spiritual healing, but are equally blocked by fundamental religionists
as fundamental atheists who are both threatened by the notion of scientific proof.

Some of the fundamentalists are afraid that if science proves spiritual healing, then people will worship science and only believe what is proven.

The fear and division is mutual. People who are not afraid of change, will welcome scientific proof of spiritual healing and the impact it will have on society.

That more and more people are waking up and not believing in fairytales.

Think what you want to but this isn't true. 95% of the human race believes in something greater than self. Only about 5% identify as Nihilists who believe in nothing. This statistic traces back to the origins of man.

Now, you'll find propaganda to show that membership in Christian churches are declining in America, or fewer people report attending regular religious services, etc. Religions come and go, trends also change with times, but the number of people who believe in something greater than self is not changing.

We see since the internet more and more people are waking up and realizing there is no God. Never before have we had the resources to go seek out all the facts. Until the internet all you could do was

a. Talk to a christian
b. Talk to a priest
c. Read the bible

Any of these choices are bad because christians are brainwashed, priests are either liars fools or brainwashed too and the bible was written 100 years after Jesus by a cult.

We also know why people are religious. It's because we didn't know science. God was the only way to explain away things we didn't understand. Time to evolve. God is dead or at least dying. What, the other 998 religions are fake but yours is not? And yesterday I saw a thing on Facebook about a new athiest church that is growing like crazy. We are not afraid because we know if there is a God he isn't the Christian's, Jews or Muslim's version of God so we don't fear mocking you guys because we know 100% for sure you are fos. If there is a God, he doesn't give a shit what you or I are typing. Rediculous. This was the church/kings way of controlling the people. Gullible unevolved uneducated people. It even took me a couple days with a true athiest to realize there is no God. I used to say I don't believe the Christian's version but I do believe in God. Then they educated me on why humans do that. First off, I've been brainwashed since birth too. I just woke up. But don't you think I want to believe there is a heaven? But it's just the most rediculous stories in the bible. Anyone who takes those stories literally can't be that smart. And the ones that don't, well they are really christians are they? The church says yes to keep you as a member but the truly faithful say you either believe in miracles and fairytales or go to hell. I know God wouldn't do that, if there was one.

No, it's not believing in miracle or fairytales
but understanding forgiveness and healing that makes the difference
between heavenly peace and hellish suffering.

Forgiveness heals regardless if you are atheist and have no concept of God and Jesus.
Unforgiveness causes people to go through hell even if you are a Christian and believe in following God and Christ.

These are natural universal laws that apply to all people, because of our conscience
and human nature to learn by experience, carry issues, and project them until these are resolved, so we can study and understand the human process, relationships, and society.

Science will show how all people are affected equally.
Buddhists call this breaking the cycle of karma to find spiritual peace that is immaterial.
Christians call this breaking generational curses through Christ to receive healing grace
and find rebirth and new life in the spirit.

Either way, life is about the process of spiritual or social human development in stages.
Although the Bible represents this in religious symbols, it is still a universal process for all humanity to go through, individually and collectively as tribes, nations, and global society.
That is what the Bible outlines, where Christ Jesus represents universal fulfillment where all humanity reaches spiritual maturity and harmony through a unified understanding.

If there is any "miracle" it amazes me that each person can see life differently, unique to our experiences and expressions nobody else shares quite the same like our unique DNA,
but we can be united in understanding regardless of our differences that all have purpose.

Think what you want to but this isn't true. 95% of the human race believes in something greater than self. Only about 5% identify as Nihilists who believe in nothing. This statistic traces back to the origins of man.

Now, you'll find propaganda to show that membership in Christian churches are declining in America, or fewer people report attending regular religious services, etc. Religions come and go, trends also change with times, but the number of people who believe in something greater than self is not changing.

Your attitudes are stereotypical for a wide cross section of religious extremists who use their religion only to foment hate and derision.

No sweetie, my attitudes are anything but stereotypical. I am a one-of-a-kind American original. I am not religious, although I am extremely spiritual, but I don't use religion or anything else to foment hate and derision. I often find myself defending religious arguments here against the likes of you God-haters, but I've had my share of disagreements with Christians and other religious people. My sister, who is devoutly religious, calls me her "Atheist Brother" and tells me I am destined for Hell. I'm not shook, I have a strong relationship with my God, and I believe if I were headed for Hell, my God would certainly let me know of this.

I have repeatedly embarrassed you blah blah blah blah blah....(dream on!)

Electricity doesn't tell my future, but my knowledge that it exists is inspiration for me to plug in a lamp so I can see when the sun goes down, or plug in an electronic device and converse with you here on the Internet.

I don't think I've spoken much about Hell and what my God will do regarding it. One of the reasons I'm not a Christian is because I don't believe in the Christian incarnation of Heaven and Hell. (Not saying they are wrong, just not my personal belief.)

Now, I may be completely wrong, this is totally MY opinion, but I think there are various levels or planes of existence above and below where we currently reside in this physical presence and reality. Call them different dimensions if you will. Our souls or spirits are here for now, and depending on a myriad of factors regarding how we maintain our soul, it will either go to a higher plane or lower plane after our physical life here is over. This is why we are compelled to do "good" and seek "light" instead of dark, etc. Spiritual Nature is attempting to guide us on a positive path to something greater, a higher plane of awareness and existence in another dimension.

What we do is solely dependent on the strength of our spirit, and some of us have stronger spirits than others. It's not about your mind or religious beliefs, it's about your 'humanity' more than anything else I can describe. If you are purely an evil spirit, your soul is destined for the lowest rung of existence, which is probably not a pleasant place. However, if you have tried to obey your conscience and do as Spiritual Nature has guided you to do in your life, then perhaps you ascend to a higher level, maybe even to the highest level.

The red part above shows where you talked about Hell and how your god will let you know if it's your destination.
You can't keep your posts straight within a couple of pages of each other.
You are incomprehensibly ridiculous.
The rest of your post is your masturbation about the after life.
No one really cares.

Why do the God-haters persist?

It's the only honest game left.

It is an argument of truth just for truth's sake.

It is the only argument that will not prostitute itself with false promises and other means of lying to trick people into believing what is clearly un believable.

booseman said:
I have a strong relationship with my God, and I believe if I were headed for Hell, my God would certainly let me know of this.

On the other hand, I am mature enough to know whether or not I am naughty or nice. I don't need a bearded old guy in the sky (or one at the North Pole) to tell me the difference.

The red part above shows where you talked about Hell and how your god will let you know if it's your destination.
No one really cares.

No, ass hat, my posts are straight, your inability to comprehend anything that I post in context is what is fucked in the head. Yes, if there is such place as Christians or other religionists define as "Hell" and I am headed there because I don't subscribe to some particular set of beliefs, I believe MY God would let me know about that.

You asked about my God regarding Hell, so I assumed you cared. Nevertheless, your retarded ass doesn't speak for everyone else, no one I am seeing here put you in charge of deciding what they care about. But this is typical of little ass clowns like you who want to tell other people what to do because you think you speak for everybody. Trust me, you'll never be that damned important.

No one really cares.

No, ass hat, my posts are straight, your inability to comprehend anything that I post in context is what is fucked in the head. Yes, if there is such place as Christians or other religionists define as "Hell" and I am headed there because I don't subscribe to some particular set of beliefs, I believe MY God would let me know about that.

You asked about my God regarding Hell, so I assumed you cared. Nevertheless, your retarded ass doesn't speak for everyone else, no one I am seeing here put you in charge of deciding what they care about. But this is typical of little ass clowns like you who want to tell other people what to do because you think you speak for everybody. Trust me, you'll never be that damned important.

The predictable unhinged rant we can always depend on when you are shown to be the intellectual disaster you consistently reveal.
I quoted your posts. In context.
You believe your god will let you know.
The one you say has no interest in you personally.
You stick with that.

Last edited:
The predictable unhinged rant we can always depend on when you are shown to be the intellectual disaster you consistently reveal.
You stick with that.

Nothing unhinged whatsoever. I addressed an ass hat like an ass hat should be addressed.

No intellectual disaster other than you trying to comprehend a fucking paragraph.

Yes, I believe my God (Spiritual Nature) would let me know.

No, I have not said that my God has no interest in me personally, and I've corrected you several times on this, but you stubbornly insist on repeating the lie. Now go stick your tongue in a light socket and see if the electricity has an interest in you personally, dimwit!

booseman said:
I have a strong relationship with my God, and I believe if I were headed for Hell, my God would certainly let me know of this.

On the other hand, I am mature enough to know whether or not I am naughty or nice. I don't need a bearded old guy in the sky (or one at the North Pole) to tell me the difference.

On what basis do you determine what is naughty and nice? Isn't this kind of up to you to decide? And who are you accountable to if you're not nice? Is there any consequence to being naughty? Can you just make up your own moral rules as you go? Can't you rationalize a justification for pretty much anything you want to do?

By the way, I also don't believe in an old guy in the sky or need him to tell me the difference. I am guided by spiritual conscious awareness of right and wrong. I am obedient to this intrinsic awareness because I've discovered it's better for me as a person than when I just make up my own rules as I go.

You stick with that.

Nothing unhinged whatsoever. I addressed an ass hat like an ass hat should be addressed.

No intellectual disaster other than you trying to comprehend a fucking paragraph.

Yes, I believe my God (Spiritual Nature) would let me know.

No, I have not said that my God has no interest in me personally, and I've corrected you several times on this, but you stubbornly insist on repeating the lie. Now go stick your tongue in a light socket and see if the electricity has an interest in you personally, dimwit!

Therin lays the problem with people like you that believe there is a god and that god speaks to them personally.

Bush Junior believed that god told him to invade Iraq.

How did THAT work out for the rest of the world?

People that believe there is a god that speaks to them personally are the most dangerous creatures on the planet.

THAT alone is reason enough to attempt to reach out to people to show them the insanity of religion.

Freedom of religion has been a death sentence to many millions of innocent human beings just in my lifetime.

If enough people speak out against this madness it will be the most usefull discussion ever engaged in... in human history.

Forum List

Back