Why do the God-haters persist?

From now on if you aren't a christian, muslim, jew, mormom or jehova fuck off. I don't want to argue with people who believe even though they know all the organized religions are completely made up. First I want to talk to the people who take the bible/koran literally. Then I want to talk to the people who know the stories in the bible are just stories invented by men to teach write and wrong. I'll talk to jews and muslims but I won't discuss god with people who don't believe any of the organized religions but still believe in god(s) because they have absolutely zero proof god exists and yet still believe.

At least Christians believe the stories in the bible are true. If they really believe god sent his son jesus to be crucified, then I can understand why they believe. But if you realize that's just a made up story and you still believe in god then maybe you are even dumber than the person who believes the jesus stories. Or the muslim who believes the mohammad stories or the jews who believe the mosus stories. At least they have an excuse. They've either been brainwashed from when they were kids or they are just utterly gullible or they've been scared into believing.

If you believe in god but not any organized religion, I almost want to say you are dumber than them but I have to give you points for at least not falling for the impossible stories. And I should realize people like Boss are closer to the truth than a gismys is. Once you realize the lies aren't true then maybe one day it will dawn on you that without the organized religions you really have zero as far as proof a god exists.

If not, they would have never invented the lies in the first place. There would have been no reason to lie. They would have just used Boss' arguments. But Boss' arguments don't hold much water so they had to make up the stories.

Maybe you should go make your own thread. Boss made this one and has been pretty clear from the beginning that he doesn't follow any organized religion. It seems kind of strange to come into a thread started by someone who doesn't believe in a religion and say you don't want to talk to anyone who has spiritual but not religious beliefs.

Just because we see religious rituals as far back as we can see, doesn't mean we were always religious. You see, when we were fish we were probably not spiritual. When we were small rodent size mammals, we didn't believe in god. When we were apes we didn't believe in gods yet either.

All of this stuff is also speculative. You've offered NO scientific proof that anything has ever evolved past the genus stage. We weren't fish or rodents. If we were ape-like, God must've intervened to bestow us with something apes don't have, because we're obviously not like apes today.

Where is your evidence???? Again, you cannot state this as a fact until you've proven it true. You've offered nothing but a speculation. Do you have proof or not?

Yes I can, I already have. Every archeological finding of human civilization remains, shows humans are spiritual. Now, we've found bones dating back to the days of the dinosaurs, so it's obvious if there were any humans living in any kind of civilizations, we'd have found those too. It's not like we've found some evidence these humans over here didn't have spirituality and those did... ALL human civilizations ever unearthed, show signs of some type of spirituality. No exceptions.

And besides, even if they did believe, that doesn't prove anything.

Well now here is where we get to the crux of your argument, you are just going to reject whatever. You've made your mind up that no amount of evidence is ever going to convince you, and no matter how much evidence is shown, you are prepared to reject it. So it doesn't matter how much evidence I present, or how compelling the evidence is, your mind is completely made up on the matter.

This is what is perplexing to me and why I made this thread. Why do you persist? Do you think I am going to have some kind of magical powers to overcome your stubborn refusal to accept the evidence? Do you think that if you argue this long enough, I will somehow find some way to change your made up mind about God? Well guess what? That's not ever going to happen man. Save us both the trouble and just move on! Why go through all of this shit over and over and over and over? If you're not going to accept ANY evidence under ANY circumstance, it's futile and pointless to continue.

Just because humans have believed for as far back as we can look doesn't prove god exists. I will give you that man has always believed in gods. Fine. That doesn't prove god exists.

Again, silly boob... for about the thousandth time... if you are coming to these threads in hopes that someone will "prove" God, you will continue to be disappointed. I don't know what else to tell you. I haven't said that I can prove God exists, and I certainly can't prove it to someone who has closed their mind to the possibility. What I am presenting is evidence to refute your argument that man "invented" spirituality.

Up until now, you have simply failed to offer any evidence for that argument. I notice you have now decided to replace "spirituality" with "religion" again and start trying to throw out red herrings with regard to when monotheism came about, hoping to pass that off as man's inventing of spirituality, but it's not. I've already admitted we can track when man invented religions, started practicing monotheism, started worshiping the God of Abraham, etc. WAY before that, humans were being spiritual. It goes back hundreds of thousands of years to our very beginning. That is what archeology says and you haven't refuted.

Just because we see religious rituals as far back as we can see, doesn't mean we were always religious. You see, when we were fish we were probably not spiritual. When we were small rodent size mammals, we didn't believe in god. When we were apes we didn't believe in gods yet either.

All of this stuff is also speculative. You've offered NO scientific proof that anything has ever evolved past the genus stage. We weren't fish or rodents. If we were ape-like, God must've intervened to bestow us with something apes don't have, because we're obviously not like apes today.

Where is your evidence???? Again, you cannot state this as a fact until you've proven it true. You've offered nothing but a speculation. Do you have proof or not?

Yes I can, I already have. Every archeological finding of human civilization remains, shows humans are spiritual. Now, we've found bones dating back to the days of the dinosaurs, so it's obvious if there were any humans living in any kind of civilizations, we'd have found those too. It's not like we've found some evidence these humans over here didn't have spirituality and those did... ALL human civilizations ever unearthed, show signs of some type of spirituality. No exceptions.

And besides, even if they did believe, that doesn't prove anything.

Well now here is where we get to the crux of your argument, you are just going to reject whatever. You've made your mind up that no amount of evidence is ever going to convince you, and no matter how much evidence is shown, you are prepared to reject it. So it doesn't matter how much evidence I present, or how compelling the evidence is, your mind is completely made up on the matter.

This is what is perplexing to me and why I made this thread. Why do you persist? Do you think I am going to have some kind of magical powers to overcome your stubborn refusal to accept the evidence? Do you think that if you argue this long enough, I will somehow find some way to change your made up mind about God? Well guess what? That's not ever going to happen man. Save us both the trouble and just move on! Why go through all of this shit over and over and over and over? If you're not going to accept ANY evidence under ANY circumstance, it's futile and pointless to continue.

Just because humans have believed for as far back as we can look doesn't prove god exists.

Yes, it does, idiot.

For millions of years people have believed that assertion A is true and all civilizations have ben built on the belief that A is true. All civilizations that decided that A was no longer true or ceased to be true vanished not long after that.

The odds are overwhelming that A is in fact true.

Duh, dumb shit.

Last edited:

Just because humans have believed for as far back as we can look doesn't prove god exists.

Yes, it does, idiot.

For millions of years people have believed that assertion A is true and all civilizations have ben built on the belief that A is true. All civilizations that decided that A was no longer true or ceased to be true vanished not long after that.

Duh, dumb shit.

So the civilizations that existed 'millions' of years ago that worshiped stone statues of beasts and birds as if they were gods collapsed when they stopped believing? Not because the foundational structure was false? Not because every time some trouble arose they turned to stone statues, made by human hands, that have no life and can neither see, hear, think, or talk, for guidance, protection and help?

This proves the existence of God?

That is the most absurd reasoning presented yet.

congratulations!

Last edited:
What I mean by pure mind is a mind that is open, honest, and rational. That's not random, that's essential to comprehension.

And it is not about judgement or crime and punishment as it is about cause and effect, action and consequence.

For instance, if a gullible person swallows any garbage they hear, their mind will as a consequence become confused.

Its not a punishment from God but a law as real as gravity.

If there is a person who thinks rationally but one day is persuaded to accept something irrational, that belief will defile and contaminate their mind and they will become a creature that cannot think rationally.

ROFLMAO!!! OK!!! YOU KNOW YOUR PROBLEM =NOW do something about it!!! TWEAK!

What a schmuck.

You of all people here are the perfect example of a person suffering the consequences for setting aside the laws of God and worshiping a human being and misleading others to do the same because you lifted your skirt for the vile and loathsome flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and have become a creature that cannot ruminate.

You have the form and shape of a flabby human being, but an intelligence just slightly above that of a mentally challenged monkey.

Don't take it too hard, at least you have no worries.

I'm open, (somewhat :D) honest and rational. Although it's probably the rational part that won't allow me to see your god.

I rented God is not dead and it was actually a really good movie and it reminded me quiet a bit about those in this thread. I recommend you all watch it. It is about a freshmen at college having to defend why he refuses to say God is Dead . It also has many side stories in it that lets you see how God works in mysterious ways. I guess it is based on lawsuits being filed against universities for discrimination and harassment of Christians...They listed them in the credits and there was a hell of a lot of them.

ROFLMAO!!! OK!!! YOU KNOW YOUR PROBLEM =NOW do something about it!!! TWEAK!

What a schmuck.

You of all people here are the perfect example of a person suffering the consequences for setting aside the laws of God and worshiping a human being and misleading others to do the same because you lifted your skirt for the vile and loathsome flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and have become a creature that cannot ruminate.

You have the form and shape of a flabby human being, but an intelligence just slightly above that of a mentally challenged monkey..

I'm open, (somewhat :D) honest and rational. Although it's probably the rational part that won't allow me to see your god.

Knowing God is essentially to seeing God.

That rational part of your mind is what has preserved your sanity and saved you from becoming a mindless believer in things that never happened and praying for guidance to a god that does not exist.

And that same rational part of your mind is what will assist you in knowing my God by using that intelligence to perceive the deeper implications of the divine commands which reveal a profound wisdom of a God that does not give a crap about what you eat or what you wear, a God that you may have never been looking for but once seen you will know and also see that he has always been there and intimately involved with you for your entire life.

But don't take my word for it. The more you purify your mind the more accurately you will perceive things the more you will be capable of comprehending and the sooner you will see God with your own eyes.

Last edited:
From now on if you aren't a christian, muslim, jew, mormom or jehova fuck off. I don't want to argue with people who believe even though they know all the organized religions are completely made up. First I want to talk to the people who take the bible/koran literally. Then I want to talk to the people who know the stories in the bible are just stories invented by men to teach write and wrong. I'll talk to jews and muslims but I won't discuss god with people who don't believe any of the organized religions but still believe in god(s) because they have absolutely zero proof god exists and yet still believe.

At least Christians believe the stories in the bible are true. If they really believe god sent his son jesus to be crucified, then I can understand why they believe. But if you realize that's just a made up story and you still believe in god then maybe you are even dumber than the person who believes the jesus stories. Or the muslim who believes the mohammad stories or the jews who believe the mosus stories. At least they have an excuse. They've either been brainwashed from when they were kids or they are just utterly gullible or they've been scared into believing.

If you believe in god but not any organized religion, I almost want to say you are dumber than them but I have to give you points for at least not falling for the impossible stories. And I should realize people like Boss are closer to the truth than a gismys is. Once you realize the lies aren't true then maybe one day it will dawn on you that without the organized religions you really have zero as far as proof a god exists.

If not, they would have never invented the lies in the first place. There would have been no reason to lie. They would have just used Boss' arguments. But Boss' arguments don't hold much water so they had to make up the stories.

Maybe you should go make your own thread. Boss made this one and has been pretty clear from the beginning that he doesn't follow any organized religion. It seems kind of strange to come into a thread started by someone who doesn't believe in a religion and say you don't want to talk to anyone who has spiritual but not religious beliefs.

Well good point. But you see, the theists are all over the place. Do you believe in god? Christianity? Muslim? Jewish? Mormon? Jehova? Born again? Do you take the bible literally or do you not? Do you believe in hell? Do you believe the stories in the bible actually happened? Do you believe miracles happen? Do you believe god is watching you and cares about you? Did he make us in his image? Do angels exist? Is Lucifer a real person? I could go on and on. Ask 100 different theists these questions and you'll get 100 different replies. No standard. This is one of the reasons you know its bullshit.

Do you think Boss has proven god exists? Explain his position back to me then.

And the thread is why do god haters persist. We persist because ignorance while maybe bliss is not good for society. PERIOD! And as Gismys would say, AND YOU? ONLY A FOOL!!! :badgrin:

little man! keepyour silly ideas and opinions as they are utter foolishness!!! HOW TRUE GOD'S WORD IS=ETERNAL TRUTH!!18 I know very well how foolish it sounds to those who are lost, when they hear that Jesus died to save them. But we who are saved* recognize this message as the very power of God. 19 For God says, “I will destroy all human plans of salvation no matter how wise they seem to be, and ignore the best ideas of men, even the most brilliant of them.”

20 So what about these wise men, these scholars, these brilliant debaters of this world’s great affairs? God has made them all look foolish and shown their wisdom to be useless nonsense. 21 For God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find God through human brilliance, and then he stepped in and saved all those who believed his message, which the world calls foolish and silly. 22 It seems foolish to the Jews because they want a sign from heaven as proof that what is preached is true; and it is foolish to the Gentiles because they believe only what agrees with their philosophy and seems wise to them. 23 So when we preach about Christ dying to save them, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense. 24 But God has opened the eyes of those called to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, to see that Christ is the mighty power of God to save them; Christ himself is the center of God’s wise plan for their salvation. 25 This so-called “foolish” plan of God is far wiser than the wisest plan of the wisest man, and God in his weakness—Christ dying on the cross—is far stronger than any man.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
That's not god's word, you read that in a man-written book. Now go away. :D

What a schmuck.

You have the form and shape of a flabby human being, but an intelligence just slightly above that of a mentally challenged monkey..

That rational part of your mind is what has preserved your sanity and saved you from becoming a mindless believer in things that never happened and praying for guidance to a god that does not exist.

And that same rational part of your mind is what will assist you in knowing my God by using that intelligence to perceive the deeper implications of the divine commands which reveal a profound wisdom of a God that does not give a crap about what you eat or what you wear, a God that you may have never been looking for but once seen you will know and also see that he has always been there and intimately involved with you for your entire life.

But don't take my word for it. The more you purify your mind the more accurately you will perceive things the more you will be capable of comprehending and the sooner you will see God with your own eyes.

I hear what you're saying, but here "it is about cause and effect, action and consequence." you seem to be still talking about a god that's needy and wants to be obeyed.

Just because humans have believed for as far back as we can look doesn't prove god exists. I will give you that man has always believed in gods. Fine. That doesn't prove god exists.

Again, silly boob... for about the thousandth time... if you are coming to these threads in hopes that someone will "prove" God, you will continue to be disappointed. I don't know what else to tell you. I haven't said that I can prove God exists, and I certainly can't prove it to someone who has closed their mind to the possibility. What I am presenting is evidence to refute your argument that man "invented" spirituality.

Up until now, you have simply failed to offer any evidence for that argument. I notice you have now decided to replace "spirituality" with "religion" again and start trying to throw out red herrings with regard to when monotheism came about, hoping to pass that off as man's inventing of spirituality, but it's not. I've already admitted we can track when man invented religions, started practicing monotheism, started worshiping the God of Abraham, etc. WAY before that, humans were being spiritual. It goes back hundreds of thousands of years to our very beginning. That is what archeology says and you haven't refuted.

God is not one of the thoughts that human's have as a basic instinct. I think those are hunger, fear, happiness, etc. So unless you can show me that every baby born eventually at some age comes to start believing in god instinctively, then shut the fuck up with your lame ass theory that man has always believed.

I shouldn't have to show you that at some point in history someone came up with the concept of god. Someone or a group of people. But god isn't automatically implanted in all humans.

Show me a group of 10 babies raised together by 10 atheist parents. No tv, no magazines, books or stories about god. Video tape those kids and see if/when any of them come up with god. They may never. Millions of people/groups probably came and went back when we were hunters and gatherers and they didn't all automatically believe in gods. Some tribes might have and some not. Just because all the American Injuns were spiritual too means that EVENTUALLY every group came up with god(s) and spirits sure, but they were all different stories and they like you had zero proof/evidence of god, only theories and feelings.

And it seems most uneducated humans tend to believe in god(s). All the people 1000 years plus ago were not educated in science. Actually, there were many atheist greek phylosophers. Probably more than you know because most of them shut their mouth in fear of their lives.

If it weren't for modern science and the internet, I'd probably still believe like I did in the 1980's. I didn't wake up until 2013 or 14. I started waking up in the 90's when I thought just like you. I rejected all the organized religions but still had a personal relationship with god. I would even go to church and talk to god about feeling guilty that I am not a christian and don't believe the christian story. I said "god please don't punish me for not believing these stupid people who are probably swallowing a lie that the church invented to control them" And I was confident he agreed. So in a way, I was and you are a lot like Joseph Smith of the Mormons. You should start your own cult only leave out the magic underwear and crazy stories. In fact Mormons are the perfect example of how stupid people are. Youtube the mormon story southpark dumb dumb dumb. That is the actual Mormon story. REALLY? And those people bought it? So you keep telling me how you believe in god because everyone else believes, you stupid bastard. :badgrin:

little man! keepyour silly ideas and opinions as they are utter foolishness!!! HOW TRUE GOD'S WORD IS=ETERNAL TRUTH!!18 I know very well how foolish it sounds to those who are lost, when they hear that Jesus died to save them. But we who are saved* recognize this message as the very power of God. 19 For God says, “I will destroy all human plans of salvation no matter how wise they seem to be, and ignore the best ideas of men, even the most brilliant of them.”

20 So what about these wise men, these scholars, these brilliant debaters of this world’s great affairs? God has made them all look foolish and shown their wisdom to be useless nonsense. 21 For God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find God through human brilliance, and then he stepped in and saved all those who believed his message, which the world calls foolish and silly. 22 It seems foolish to the Jews because they want a sign from heaven as proof that what is preached is true; and it is foolish to the Gentiles because they believe only what agrees with their philosophy and seems wise to them. 23 So when we preach about Christ dying to save them, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense. 24 But God has opened the eyes of those called to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, to see that Christ is the mighty power of God to save them; Christ himself is the center of God’s wise plan for their salvation. 25 This so-called “foolish” plan of God is far wiser than the wisest plan of the wisest man, and God in his weakness—Christ dying on the cross—is far stronger than any man.
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
That's not god's word, you read that in a man-written book. Now go away. :D

I love it how some people believe in god but then someone they love dies and they stop believing in god. First of all, you and your love ones are just animals. Does the chicken hate or deny gods existence when I make a hard boiled egg? Does god care?

Humans are so arrogant to think a god created all this "FOR THEM" and has a heaven waiting FOR THEM and cares so much FOR THEM that he created a hell FOR THOSE who don't believe in him. And he's shy. He's embarrassed to show himself but will torture you forever if you doubt his existence.

This is all assuming he gives a rats ass about you. What an arrogant human idea/concept that there is a god and somehow we live on forever but the chicken just dies. We're so special just because we know how to tell wild stories and invent things. That must mean there is a god, right? :cuckoo:

And when they can't defend the classic definition of god, he becomes some energy like your soul that is not physical.

PS. If something had to create us, something had to create god. What/who created god? They can't have it both ways. If it is possible nothing created god then its possible nothing like a god created us.

And if god is just all the energy in the universe then that is not god that's energy. That energy didn't intentionally create you, doesn't send people to hell and boss is wasting his time talking to it. Talk to a light bulb boss. Or the sun.

I hear what you're saying, but here "it is about cause and effect, action and consequence." you seem to be still talking about a god that's needy and wants to be obeyed.

It may seem that way to you but, if you had a child and you said "do not touch the stove or you will burn your finger" would you say it because you were needy and wanted to be obeyed?

If the child did not listen and touched the stove and burned his finger would it be a punishment from you?

It may seem that way to you but, if you had a child and you said "do not touch the stove or you will burn your finger" would you say it because you were needy and wanted to be obeyed?

If the child did not listen and touched the stove and burned his finger would it be a punishment from you?

I guess if you believe that if your child doesn't believe in the jesus story then he will burn in hell, I guess I would warn him too.

The good news is many more people today than ever before are not passing on this story to their children and even if they do, the kids aint buying it anymore.

Oh, and that's a pretty good scare tactic you use to brainwash your kids. My mom told me not to touch the iron and I did anyways and it burned for 3 days. Blistered up too. I needed proof. With your story, if I doubt your bullshit, you're saying I'll burn in hell not for 3 days but ETERNITY? :eusa_liar::cuckoo:

Yes, it does, idiot.

Duh, dumb shit.

All civilizations that decided that A was no longer true or ceased to be true vanished not long after that.

What Happened On Easter Island ? A New (Even Scarier) Scenario : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

Easter Island is the "clearest example of a society that destroyed itself by overexploiting its own resources." Once tree clearing started, it didn't stop until the whole forest was gone.

And yet, puzzlingly, these same people had managed to carve enormous statues — almost a thousand of them, with giant, hollow-eyed, gaunt faces, some weighing 75 tons. The statues faced not outward, not to the sea, but inward, toward the now empty, denuded landscape.

easter-island-statues_slide-c6183c6318b9643820cd090a5c6ba5de6a461484-s40-c85.jpg

island-without-trees_wide-8c1d457c528aa968ff0aba4276c6ba22d02faf5f-s40-c85.jpg

in truth, no civilization today represents a religion existing prior to the advent of the desert religions in a representative manner on a global scale nor the three mentioned -

and moreso, those religions as exemplified by Easter Island mimic the concentric reality demonstrated by the parable of Noah that those (new) religions to this day continue to ignore.

and yet there is a person who claims to speak to God in this very thread, Bossy ... whose deliberation is not for the Garden of Creation but an egotism strictly embodied for the selectivity of humanity - sound familiar, need a baron island to live on ?

I guess if you believe that if your child doesn't believe in the jesus story then he will burn in hell, I guess I would warn him too.

The good news is many more people today than ever before are not passing on this story to their children and even if they do, the kids aint buying it anymore.

Oh, and that's a pretty good scare tactic you use to brainwash your kids. My mom told me not to touch the iron and I did anyways and it burned for 3 days. Blistered up too. I needed proof. With your story, if I doubt your bullshit, you're saying I'll burn in hell not for 3 days but ETERNITY? :eusa_liar::cuckoo:

I am not talking about the Jesus story or burning in hell. You missed the point entirely.

The laws in the OT are instruction, basics ,about how to live a fruitful pure life and how to avoid the 'the death' of intelligence and suffering consequent to becoming gullible and superstitious in a world full of strange and perverse creatures roaming in the wilderness continuously seeking to eat someones brain, fleece them for all they are worth, and use their empty heads like their own possessions.

You read Gisms posts. Can you imagine what it must be like going through life with all that irrational religious flotsam perverting and distorting every confused thought in your head?

How can anyone not believe in Gehenna after even one conversation with gism?

Yes, it does, idiot.

Duh, dumb shit.

So the civilizations that existed 'millions' of years ago that worshiped stone statues of beasts and birds as if they were gods collapsed when they stopped believing? Not because the foundational structure was false? Not because every time some trouble arose they turned to stone statues, made by human hands, that have no life and can neither see, hear, think, or talk, for guidance, protection and help?

This proves the existence of God?

That is the most absurd reasoning presented yet.

congratulations!

You fail to comprehend my post, then claim I am absurd? I guess that follows, but for starters, I said 'people', you fucking retard, not 'civilizations'.

Take a reading comprehension class sometime.

Yes, it does, idiot.

Duh, dumb shit.

All civilizations that decided that A was no longer true or ceased to be true vanished not long after that.

What Happened On Easter Island ? A New (Even Scarier) Scenario : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

Easter Island is the "clearest example of a society that destroyed itself by overexploiting its own resources." Once tree clearing started, it didn't stop until the whole forest was gone.

And yet, puzzlingly, these same people had managed to carve enormous statues — almost a thousand of them, with giant, hollow-eyed, gaunt faces, some weighing 75 tons. The statues faced not outward, not to the sea, but inward, toward the now empty, denuded landscape.

easter-island-statues_slide-c6183c6318b9643820cd090a5c6ba5de6a461484-s40-c85.jpg

island-without-trees_wide-8c1d457c528aa968ff0aba4276c6ba22d02faf5f-s40-c85.jpg

in truth, no civilization today represents a religion existing prior to the advent of the desert religions in a representative manner on a global scale nor the three mentioned -

and moreso, those religions as exemplified by Easter Island mimic the concentric reality demonstrated by the parable of Noah that those (new) religions to this day continue to ignore.

and yet there is a person who claims to speak to God in this very thread, Bossy ... whose deliberation is not for the Garden of Creation but an egotism strictly embodied for the selectivity of humanity - sound familiar, need a baron island to live on ?

No, I am doing just fine being king of my own household, thank you.

damit, I gotta spread some more rep around......

Forum List

Back