Why do we care what happens with Israel?

.... We are beholden to this little pip squeak of a nation as if it were some sort of special place in the world. I’ve never quite understood why it was so special....
The reason you don't understand is because you were wrong about us being "beholden to this little pip squeak of a nation". The US has multiple reasons for keeping Israel as an allie. The least of which is, like Britain during WWII, it's an unsinkable aircraft carrier in a sea of chaos.

Give me a break, Divine. We haven't had a need for Israel is years. We do whatever we want any damn way and you know it. IMO saying "we need Israel" is "low information" in itself.
But by all means, show me some good examples or something. Rhetoric doesn't cut it with me man.
You said you don't care about information on the situation. So, please, keep not caring. For you to whine about being called on remaining ignorant when you proudly stated you desired to be so doesn't make sense.

Something else you either missed or ignored from the linked article:

U.S. foreign aid serves many stated purposes, but, generally speaking, the money is intended to ensure American strategic interests abroad and bolster international institutions that respond to humanitarian crises, climate change, infectious diseases and a plethora of other development concerns.

By transposing the amounts of U.S. foreign aid budgeted to different countries, we can more easily see where the American government thinks those interests lie.
No I just don't care

I've noticed that the world wide left seems to want to stick its nose in Israel's business on almost every single issue in the world. There are plenty of countries that have pretty bloody conflicts that the left doesn't seem to care about and everytime they 'intervene' to end the conflict they end up undermining Israel. Now if I secretly hated Jews and wanted them to be harmed I would not just come out and say lets fuck Israel over. I would say something like we need to end the fighting everytime Israel gets the upperhand so that they can never win at anything. It sounds really good and gives you some kind of plausible deniability on the issue.

You're blaming our obsession with the Middle East on the left?

I've noticed that the world wide left seems to want to stick its nose in Israel's business on almost every single issue in the world. There are plenty of countries that have pretty bloody conflicts that the left doesn't seem to care about and everytime they 'intervene' to end the conflict they end up undermining Israel. Now if I secretly hated Jews and wanted them to be harmed I would not just come out and say lets fuck Israel over. I would say something like we need to end the fighting everytime Israel gets the upperhand so that they can never win at anything. It sounds really good and gives you some kind of plausible deniability on the issue.

But of course, everyrthing in america must be seen through a partisanshithead prism. One way or the other.

Give me a break, Divine. We haven't had a need for Israel is years. We do whatever we want any damn way and you know it. IMO saying "we need Israel" is "low information" in itself.
But by all means, show me some good examples or something. Rhetoric doesn't cut it with me man.
You said you don't care about information on the situation. So, please, keep not caring. For you to whine about being called on remaining ignorant when you proudly stated you desired to be so doesn't make sense.

U.S. foreign aid serves many stated purposes, but, generally speaking, the money is intended to ensure American strategic interests abroad and bolster international institutions that respond to humanitarian crises, climate change, infectious diseases and a plethora of other development concerns.

By transposing the amounts of U.S. foreign aid budgeted to different countries, we can more easily see where the American government thinks those interests lie.
No I just don't care
You posted rhetoric Divine. Rhetoric don't mean shit. What do we get from Israel that we cant get on our own? Can you even answer? Is that why you are playing coy?

The left are obsessed with a tiny strip of sand smaller than San Diego County in the Middle East.

No I just don't care
You posted rhetoric Divine. Rhetoric don't mean shit. What do we get from Israel that we cant get on our own? Can you even answer? Is that why you are playing coy?

Ancient hatreds seek no resolution, and western powers have fomented those divisions for quite some time. And as always, the unsubstantial people suffer. On all "sides".

The left are obsessed with a tiny strip of sand smaller than San Diego County in the Middle East.

Pehaps we shouldn't pour so much taxpayer funding into that tiny strip of sand.

What percentage of foreign aid does Israel get from the budget?
You don't have a clue.
You're just a racist who loves ethnic cleansing

Ancient hatreds seek no resolution, and western powers have fomented those divisions for quite some time. ...
Those two statements are incongruent. You are saying nothing can solve the hatreds of "those people" yet you also want to blame the West for causing the problems.

No I just don't care
the current situation with the UN is brought about because of the transition to trump. Period. what's happening right now is purely due to crybaby obummer's pouting cause he's about to lose his legacy. Nothing more nothing less and everyone ought to know that if you are truly a thinking person. can't have an unstable ME. just can't. intentional.

On the contrary, sir, I've posted several links with facts. So far, all I recall seeing you posting is opinion AKA heated rhetoric and, now, insults.

Additionally, I've posted several reasons why the US seeks alliances/relations/gives aid to foreign nations. Your response? "I don't care". Now you complain I'm not answering your questions. Man up and scroll up, TN.

No I just don't care
the current situation with the UN is brought about because of the transition to trump. Period. what's happening right now is purely due to crybaby obummer's pouting cause he's about to lose his legacy. Nothing more nothing less and everyone ought to know that if you are truly a thinking person. can't have an unstable ME. just can't. intentional.

Of course, the problem with the middle east is the guy who won the last two american presidential elections. No worries then, it's all over, and great in a couple of weeks. Glad that's over with.

No I just don't care
I agree with everything but the last couple of lines. The ME will never be stable until they stabilize it. We have been trying for decades and only make matters worse.

No I just don't care
I agree with everything but the last couple of lines. The ME will never be stable until they stabilize it. We have been trying for decades and only make matters worse.
but unstable is the worst scenario for us. Period. We all know this. It's been that way since the 70s. We have american citizens who travel the globe. you really want to put their lives in jeopardy cause obummer is throwing a temper tantrum?

What percentage of foreign aid does Israel get from the budget?
You don't have a clue.
You're just a racist who loves ethnic cleansing

That's pretty funny coming from you son. And a pretty thin argument. We, the american taxpayers, support support cleansing, just in the direction you prefer.

Forum List

Back