Why do we need money for political campaigns - once in a while you see a video goes v

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
Once in a while we see on the news - a video of some kitten stuck in the drain, or a video of some funny prank "goes viral" - There was no money needed to make these videos go viral. they just do. why do people share that stuff? and why do people ignore stuff related to politics? Why do political videos need to be shoved down our throats? with paid advertisements? I believe, it's because people already know, that politicians are a fraud - even when they are emotional - it's part of the act. And so, when genuine people who really care about the justice system, want to get their message out - they supposedly need to pay for it. And as soon as they start accepting donations, whether they know it or not, they enter that same exact game that they were preaching against - because money supply is controlled by the same group of people that control the establishment.
But what if we, form a movement so good, so genuine, that we will not need any money to spread our message to the people?

Few people willingly watch political content, the ones who do already know how they are voting. Political ads are for the low information centrist voters who pretty much make me sick with their disinterest in politics. It's those people who ultimately elect our leaders.

Few people willingly watch political content, the ones who do already know how they are voting. Political ads are for the low information centrist voters who pretty much make me sick with their disinterest in politics. It's those people who ultimately elect our leaders.

WOW The far left elitists mentality on full display here.

Then again it does prove the (R)'s talking points about low info voters electing Obama. Then again you were one of those voters twice, right?

Perhaps we should consider why so many people have so little interest in politics.

If we were to be honest, would ask ourselves a couple of questions, such as: Why would a reasonable, intelligent person look at the constant flow of lies and deceit that comes from politicians, politicos, pundits and partisans and take it seriously? Why would partisans be so willing to be lied to by someone from their "side", yet so indignant when someone from the other "side" lies?

I have little doubt that far more people would demonstrate an interest in politics and the political process if the whole thing didn't so closely resemble professional wrestling. Worse, at least professional wrestling admits that it's all a lie.

As important as this stuff is, I can't blame someone for refusing to be lied to with such regularity. Life can be challenging enough.

Last edited:

Perhaps we should consider why so many people have so little interest in politics.

If we were to be honest, would ask ourselves a couple of questions, such as: Why would a reasonable, intelligent person look at the constant flow of lies and deceit that comes from politicians, politicos, pundits and partisans and take it seriously? Why would partisans be so willing to be lied to by someone from their "side", yet so indignant when someone from the other "side" lies?

I have little doubt that far more people would demonstrate an interest in politics and the political process if the whole thing didn't so closely resemble professional wrestling. Worse, at least professional wrestling admits that it's all a lie.

As important as this stuff is, I can't blame someone for refusing to be lied to with such regularity. Life can be challenging enough.

Yes, there are times I wish I could just say "screw all this" and find something more wholesome to occupy my mind but try as I might the lurid spectacle of geopolitics is an addiction I cannot put down.

WOW The far left elitists mentality on full display here.

Then again it does prove the (R)'s talking points about low info voters electing Obama. Then again you were one of those voters twice, right?
Kosh, I did not see a single mention of the left the right, Obama or anything else like that in the post you quoted. did you just wake up? :D

Yes, there are times I wish I could just say "screw all this" and find something more wholesome to occupy my mind but try as I might the lurid spectacle of geopolitics is an addiction I cannot put down.

"Lurid".

LOL, yes, excellent description.

I suspect that the majority of average Americans fully understand how much propaganda the PARTIES are shoving at us.

Sane people avoid this crap.

I suspect that the majority of average Americans fully understand how much propaganda the PARTIES are shoving at us.

I agree, politicians can be compared to struggling artists trying to make it to the top, only instead of musical talent, political talent is to be a good hypocrite and convince people that you care BUT THE DESIRE TO BE AT THE TOP IS THE SAME - to live like a king - fame and fortune. While artists create stuff, politicians mainly step on each other and cut each other's throats

I agree, politicians can be compared to struggling artists trying to make it to the top, only instead of musical talent, political talent is to be a good hypocrite and convince people that you care BUT THE DESIRE TO BE AT THE TOP IS THE SAME - to live like a king - fame and fortune. While artists create stuff, politicians mainly step on each other and cut each other's throats

It has been said that politics is show business for ugly untalented people.

It has been said that politics is show business for ugly untalented people.
Right, I remember hearing it long time ago - so true

Forum List

Back