Why Does Michelle Obama’s Mother Live at the White House?

Seriously, I don't know where you guys live where this is the case. I am conservative and most of my friends are as well. We have BOTH moms here. Mine is here because I found her in the fetal position on the bathroom floor unable to move and learned she'd been there 36 hours. His is here because her house is 3000 miles away and that's just too far. Both of them can afford to live alone. I can afford to live alone. Husband can afford to live alone. We don't even have children, so childcare has nothing to do with it. Two of my friends have one mother with them even though none of them are poor. This is not uncommon here. It wasn't uncommon in Whatcom County, WA, either. It is not about money. It is about family and actually wanting to be around them.

P.S. The taxpayer does not pay for her food, toilet paper, dry cleaning, etc. Hell, we don't even pay for our presidents' groceries. It comes out of his salary, which I think is silly.

P.P.S. When I'm president, both moms will be with me. How about that? 2 moms and a Canadian ... and one of the moms is kinda fussy, so may bark on occassion, too. I'd take them both to China with me, too, on my dime ... so they may actually be seen and photographed -gasp-.

[k quote=Lonestar_logic;8824282]

No, but I do object to extended family.

You can point to four examples where it has been done before but that doesn't mean it's right, it just means they were wrong four times before.

So then your issue comes down to what is a "real family" and that you don't consider a family with a grandma living with them to be a "real family"

Come on conservatives ...31 pages....you can do it
Just admit this is not a big deal and that you support extended families

No my issue is what us taxpayers should be on the hook for. I have no problem with the first family living in the Whitehouse at our expense, but beyond that they should take care of their own extended family members and not burden us with the expense.

Usually families that have extended members living with them do so because they can't afford alternatives.
[/QUOTE]

What a nice post! Multi generational homes are increasing in this country and I'm glad.

I am a strong supporter of people taking care of their parents, as well as other family members. I am strongly opposed to people making the taxpayers pay to take care of their parents and other family members, ESPECIALLY if they're millionaires like the Obama's.

No, but I do object to extended family.

You can point to four examples where it has been done before but that doesn't mean it's right, it just means they were wrong four times before.

So then your issue comes down to what is a "real family" and that you don't consider a family with a grandma living with them to be a "real family"

No my issue is what us taxpayers should be on the hook for. I have no problem with the first family living in the Whitehouse at our expense, but beyond that they should take care of their own extended family members and not burden us with the expense.

Usually families that have extended members living with them do so because they can't afford alternatives.

It's possible that Granny can't live alone because of security issues. Those of you that have never been famous, or the parent of someone famous, have no idea how crazy the fan/hater scene can be. And while MIL isn't super old, she's certainly too old to want a bunch of strangers at her door all day every day.

Plus she's the kids' nanny, SAVING taxpayers a load of dough.

I am a strong supporter of people taking care of their parents, as well as other family members. I am strongly opposed to people making the taxpayers pay to take care of their parents and other family members, ESPECIALLY if they're millionaires like the Obama's.

Damn those free loaders!!!!

White-House-Sheep.jpg

Other presidents' Mom-in-laws have stayed at the White House also...It is not a new phenomena.

It's possible that Granny can't live alone because of security issues. Those of you that have never been famous, or the parent of someone famous, have no idea how crazy the fan/hater scene can be. And while MIL isn't super old, she's certainly too old to want a bunch of strangers at her door all day every day.

Some people seem to resemble sour grapes....

Moochelle needs someone to help her look after barrack and his cheating ways. Mom-in-law with a roller pin is a good deterrent.

If you are so upset, why don't you have Republicans pass a law that only the President, his wife and minor children are allowed to live in the White House?

Run on that one Republicans,,,,Dems will pick you apart

I'm sure the paparazzi are all over granny. :cuckoo:

She's not saving tax payers a dime, don't be so naïve.

I'm sure the paparazzi are all over granny. :cuckoo:

She's not saving tax payers a dime, don't be so naïve.

Taxpayers would not pay for a nanny anyway. That would be the Obamas responsibility
Just like meals and family expenses while they are in the White House

Good Lord, will the pettiness and dishonesty ever end? With the Clintons it was accusations that they stole cutlery off of Air force 1 and Whitehouse Furniture ...With Obama, it's his playing golf to unwind and having Michelle's mom living with them "at taxpayer expense"...Hello? The prez DOES have a salary; I'm sure that's sufficient for any extra TP, electricity or food grandma uses...
After my mom passed, Dad moved in with us...and we noticed no increase in household expenses...and loved having him with us and he loved not living alone ...or in a "home"...
What's the matter with u people..and ur So-called Christian values?
Do u hate our prez so much that u even begrudge his wife having her mom live with them? What's next...demands that they put her out or the prez gets impeached?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Good Lord, will the pettiness and dishonesty ever end? With the Clintons it was accusations that they stole cutlery off of Air force 1 and Whitehouse Furniture ...With Obama, it's his playing golf to unwind and having Michelle's mom living with them "at taxpayer expense"...Hello? The prez DOES have a salary; I'm sure that's sufficient for any extra TP, electricity or food grandma uses...
After my mom passed, Dad moved in with us...and we noticed no increase in household expenses...and loved having him with us and he loved not living alone ...or in a "home"...
Do u hate our prez so much that u even begrudge his wife having her mom live with them? What's next...demands that they put her out or the prez gets impeached?

good lord will the left's whiny hypocrisy ever end?

can you imagine if George Bush had AN ILLEGAL AUNT AND UNCLE IN THE COUNTRY?

the uncle a DRUNK DRIVER and the aunt a WELFARE CHEAT AND LEACH?

It is all part of their Obama derangement

They attack without asking....Does this make sense?

It is all part of their Obama derangement

They attack without asking....Does this make sense?

obama Derangement is LWNJs who are still obsessing on Bush in obama's 6th year and blaming all of obama's failures on Bush; then having the gall to whine when obama is criticized'

idiots and hypocrites

But you had enough of "a life" to devote roughly the same amount of time to post that. Busy, busy person you are...

You: almost 37 posts per day; me, less than 11 posts per day

Do you keep a "life" chart where you spend half your day plotting that info and calculating what that means to you and not one other soul in the universe?

No, I spent a minute, no more, looking at your statistics and posting one of them to prove what you accused me of being. If you don't want to be seen as ridiculous by others - I have enough evidence to make that finding - don't make an accusation without doing research.

Last edited:
You: almost 37 posts per day; me, less than 11 posts per day

Do you keep a "life" chart where you spend half your day plotting that info and calculating what that means to you and not one other soul in the universe?

No, I spent a minute, no more, looking at your statistics and posting one of them to prove you're what you accused me of being. If you don't want to be seen as ridiculous by others - I have enough evidence to make that finding - don't make an accusation without doing research.

Unk likes to assume.....a lot.

Bedouin...I I don't think u even know the definition of "hypocrisy" if u see it in my argument or in this instance of the 1st family living together....and frankly, it is U whining about them doing it "at taxpayer expense"...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back