Why Does Michelle Obama’s Mother Live at the White House?

Medicare parts A& B will cover a hip replacement....

I believe Medicare will pay 80% of the hospital bill. That leaves 20% to be paid by the one that gets the hip replacement, and that could be a big bill to pay.

Why not? And there is no evidence that mama is being mean to the staff.

Secret service radio call!

Emperor needs a 20 on "Queen Bee"

In case Obama wants to make a late nite booty call after spending hours in the situation room during the attack on Benghazi...

Wait what was I thinking....
Obama wasn't anywhere near the situation room.....

I have no problem with Grandma living with the Obama's. Taking care of elderly family members is the right thing to do. It's not like there aren't plenty of bedrooms at the White House.

I'm waiting for TM's response to my posts....
Sure it will have something about Republicans stealing elections.... :badgrin:

Oh goody!! So...when hubby needs 24/7 care, that means y'all will pay for it? Thank you all in advance! After all, it's no big deal.

In face, why don't we all pay for every senator's and government high officials parent(s) ? No biggie, right?

I have no problem with Grandma living with the Obama's. Taking care of elderly family members is the right thing to do. It's not like there aren't plenty of bedrooms at the White House.

I guess for some, family is not so important, unless they are targets of the opposing view. :doubt:

I guess for some, family is not so important, unless they are targets of the opposing view. :doubt:

We are talking about conservatives here

They consider the elderly to be a burden

Oh goody!! So...when hubby needs 24/7 care, that means y'all will pay for it? Thank you all in advance! After all, it's no big deal.

In face, why don't we all pay for every senator's and government high officials parent(s) ? No biggie, right?

If every Senator was given a mansion with many rooms...yeah, no biggie. Outside of the 'vacations,' what is the actual cost of Grandma living in the White House? Seriously, quantify how much this lady living in the White House actually costs the tax payer?

Why not? And there is no evidence that mama is being mean to the staff.

Conservatives claim she "barks"

They don't realize how much they treasure dogs in China

We are talking about conservatives here

They consider the elderly to be a burden

You are making an incorrect assertion that is nonsense and irrational.

Both our mothers live on the property with us. Family is important.

There are a ton of empty rooms in that place and added cost is minimal. It is cheaper and better than a nanny. I don't care for Obama much, but certainly don't begrudge the first children their grandmother. I'm sure it is difficult enough growing up so publicly and with half the country hating your family. Any comfort we can extend to them, we should, IMO. No matter what you feel for their parents, they are children, and as a patriot, they are your and my first children.

As for MIL's behavior, if you've ever had a parent live with you, you know you can't control them. You love them and hope they don't embarrass you too much, especially in front of your friends lol.

This is old news. It was well known in 2008 that Obama's mother-in-law came with the package deal.

and you're fine paying for her room and board?
why don't they move in all their family members, you can enjoy paying for them too

Wrong as usual.

Tax payers do not pay her "room and board". Edited to add - We don't even pay for Barry's, Mitzi's and the girl's room and board.

But, if it makes your empty head explode, I'd be good with it. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Has anyone done the research on what, if any, other Presidents have kept the in-law at the WH full-time during their administration?

I haven't, and I suppose most of us who have a life haven't. So, I guess that leaves you and Stephanie to gossip and whine together.

But you had enough of "a life" to devote roughly the same amount of time to post that. Busy, busy person you are...

You: almost 37 posts per day; me, less than 11 posts per day

The real question here is why he has left out his illegal alien aunt and drunk driving uncle? Isn't there room for them? That way she could get out of her free welfare housing and the uncle wouldn't have to worry about driving home drunk and almost killing police officers (and getting off Scott-free, of course). He could recreate his half-brother's hut out in back of the White House and really get the whole family involved.

WTF are you blabbing about?

Both our mothers live on the property with us. Family is important.

There are a ton of empty rooms in that place and added cost is minimal. It is cheaper and better than a nanny. I don't care for Obama much, but certainly don't begrudge the first children their grandmother. I'm sure it is difficult enough growing up so publicly and with half the country hating your family. Any comfort we can extend to them, we should, IMO. No matter what you feel for their parents, they are children, and as a patriot, they are your and my first children.

As for MIL's behavior, if you've ever had a parent live with you, you know you can't control them. You love them and hope they don't embarrass you too much, especially in front of your friends lol.

The kids are hardly infants requiring 24/7 care.

I haven't, and I suppose most of us who have a life haven't. So, I guess that leaves you and Stephanie to gossip and whine together.

But you had enough of "a life" to devote roughly the same amount of time to post that. Busy, busy person you are...

You: almost 37 posts per day; me, less than 11 posts per day

Do you keep a "life" chart where you spend half your day plotting that info and calculating what that means to you and not one other soul in the universe?

Forum List

Back