Why does the House have no say on the budget?

The House and the Senate have to agree on a budget.

American Civics 101.

I keep asking liberals this and not getting an answer. You say over and over that Obama and Reid don't have to negotiate, the minority Republicans have no say. But the Republicans are the majority in the House, and according to the Constitution, spending bills have to pass the House.

So how is it that when Obama/Reid won't negotiate, it's the Republicans who have no say and are the ones shutting down government? Stop dodging and answer the question.

Another whiner whining.

The House doesn't have a say, you say? Are you effing kidding?

Do you even know what the Continuing Resolution is and does? It's the Republican-approved Sequester Budget that Harry Reid and then Obama signed off on. It cuts discretionary spending as well as spending on a host of liberal issues.

Why Republicans aren't passing it is baffling.

But to say they have no say is just stupid, when it's a conservative budget in the first place in a land where they only control one third of the government.

Obama gave them $9 in spending cuts last year for every $1 in tax increases, and you have the nerve to ask why Republicans don't have a say? Are you retarded?

This whole economy is still modeled after the Republican scam that is "trickle down", which really means trickle down pain for regular people but unlimited wealth for the very few.

Stop bitching. This is a Republican free market still at work for Mitt Romney and all your other heroes, just not you and every other regular person in this country.

Get a clue.

You state that Obama gave Republicans $9 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases last year and you tell others to get a clue? Wow...care to back that up with some statistics?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Oh, horse shit.

The House has the same opportunity to say as the Senate.

But it is only 1/3d of the government, hmmm.

Facts do not support your claims. the reality is most of Bush's deficit came after 2006.

:lol:

He ran a deficit every year he was in office. It takes seven pounds of brain damage to argue otherwise.

I keep asking liberals this and not getting an answer. You say over and over that Obama and Reid don't have to negotiate, the minority Republicans have no say. But the Republicans are the majority in the House, and according to the Constitution, spending bills have to pass the House.

So how is it that when Obama/Reid won't negotiate, it's the Republicans who have no say and are the ones shutting down government? Stop dodging and answer the question.

Article 1, Section 7, And they're standing their ground.
I love how the people who know the least about the Constitution hide behind it the most!

Artical 1, Section 7 of the US Constitution:
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

So we see that it is REVENUE bills that originate in the House, not SPENDING bills, and furthermore the Senate can amend ANY House bills, whether revenue or spending or otherwise. So quite in accordance with the Constitution of the US, the Senate amended the House bill, approved the amendment, and sent the bill back to the House. Boner then refused to bring up the amended bill, knowing it would pass, and thus owns the shutdown entirely himself.

Last edited:
Artical 1, Section 7 of the US Constitution:
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

So we see that it is REVENUE bills that originate in the House, not SPENDING bills, and furthermore the Senate can amend ANY House bills, whether revenue or spending or otherwise. So quite in accordance with the Constitution of the US, the Senate amended the House bill, approved the amendment, and sent the bill back to the House. Boner then refused to bring up the amended bill, knowing it would pass, and thus owns the shutdown entirely himself.

thank you sir.

Wrecking a fragile economy is a great and responsible way to negotiate...btw, everything you hater dupes know about ACA is BS, according to the CBO and neutral observers, perfect chumps of the greedy rich...

Wrecking a fragile economy is a great and responsible way to negotiate...btw, everything you hater dupes know about ACA is BS, according to the CBO and neutral observers, perfect chumps of the greedy rich...

^^^^^^^
that

The House members have no say because Boehner won't let them vote.

End of argument. End of story.

If the House GOP wants to negotiate, wants to compromise, they should put something on the table that would represent a genuine GOP sacrifice if they lost it, or even part of it.

So far they've done no such thing. All they've put on the table is a demonstration of their ability to be able to ruin the country if they don't get their way.

Another whiner whining.

Do you even know what the Continuing Resolution is and does? It's the Republican-approved Sequester Budget that Harry Reid and then Obama signed off on. It cuts discretionary spending as well as spending on a host of liberal issues.

But to say they have no say is just stupid, when it's a conservative budget in the first place in a land where they only control one third of the government.

Obama gave them $9 in spending cuts last year for every $1 in tax increases, and you have the nerve to ask why Republicans don't have a say? Are you retarded?

This whole economy is still modeled after the Republican scam that is "trickle down", which really means trickle down pain for regular people but unlimited wealth for the very few.

Stop bitching. This is a Republican free market still at work for Mitt Romney and all your other heroes, just not you and every other regular person in this country.

Get a clue.

I'm sorry I made you cry. Take some deep breaths and try to calm down and come back. Maybe your mommy will give you a cookie. Oh, and turn off MS-NBC, it's just making you more stupid.

Another whiner whining.

Get a clue.

You state that Obama gave Republicans $9 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases last year and you tell others to get a clue? Wow...care to back that up with some statistics?

No kidding. You're not getting any proof of that lie.

The Dems will negotiate over entitlements and taxes. They will not negotiate over ObamaCare.

Simple to understand and yet sails a mile over the GOP's head.

Wrong. The dems don't negotiate, they take, peroid. Its the GOP that almost always gives away 99 percent.

The Dems will negotiate over entitlements and taxes. They will not negotiate over ObamaCare.

Wrong. The dems don't negotiate, they take, peroid. Its the GOP that almost always gives away 99 percent.
BULLSHIT!

Boehner: I got ?98 percent? of what I wanted in debt deal - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he got "98 percent" of what he wanted in the final deal to raise the debt ceiling.

"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy," Boehner said in an interview with CBS News on Monday evening.

if you got to buy a house that you can not afford should the bank give you a mortgage?

If the House GOP wants to negotiate, wants to compromise, they should put something on the table that would represent a genuine GOP sacrifice if they lost it, or even part of it.

So far they've done no such thing. All they've put on the table is a demonstration of their ability to be able to ruin the country if they don't get their way.

name a genuine democratic sacrifice that has been put forward. ok, i'll make it easy for you, name even a token sacrifice that has been put forth by the democrats. oh wait, they haven;t even done that

name a genuine democratic sacrifice that has been put forward. ok, i'll make it easy for you, name even a token sacrifice that has been put forth by the democrats. oh wait, they haven;t even done that

You're dead on, but liberals think that anything we are allowed to keep is a concession, so they won't grasp the question. The next liberal post will demonstrate that.

You're dead on, but liberals think that anything we are allowed to keep is a concession, so they won't grasp the question. The next liberal post will demonstrate that.

by passing this budget with obamacare we are repeating the mistakes of 2008 that brought down the economy and housing market. overextending and spending more then we can afford. Congress has to be sent one message and one message only. Stop spendingand cut back. we can not afford the checks they are passing. if you can not write a piece of legislation that can not be funded through an affordable budget you have no business passing that legislation. you want to pass it, cut somewhere else.

The bill they're trying to pass is at Republican spending levels, not Democrats'.

Forum List

Back