Why does the left think the Constitution applies to non-Americans?

So many ignorant right wingers and the nonsensical things they say.

They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't racist and didn't hate so many.

You Lefty's truly lack any self awareness at all. All of your posts drip with hatred, what happened to that Liberal tolerance you guys like to tell us about?

LOL and on cue they show up to reveal their lack o knowledge on the Constitution
Ever read the 14th Amendment, Bi-Catfish?

Here it is:
Section 1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Do they have the same rights as an American citizen, Hairy Backed Dyke?

Here's some info:

Does The Constitution Protect Non-Citizens? Judges Say Yes

"Trump supporters might be surprised at how far the Constitution extends toward non-citizens once they're inside the country, however. Cases extending back to the 1800s, including ones brought by Chinese immigrants challenging the arbitrary seizure of their property, have established the rights of non-citizens under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments including due process and the right to a jury.

In U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, an 1898 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the term “person” under the Fifth Amendment applied to aliens living in the U.S. In Fong Yue Ting v. U.S.,the court held that Chinese laborers, “like all other aliens residing in the United States,” are entitled to protection of the laws."

I keep hearing this asinine argument from the left and it drives me nuts. Where in the hell do they get this concept that our Constitution is supposed to apply to everyone in the world and not just American citizens? Over and over, we come up on this issue of constitutionality and they consistently want to apply it to people who aren't subject to it. We cannot enforce our Constitution worldwide so we can't apply it that way. It's really as simple as that.

Then they want to make this silly argument about being "on American soil" ...as if, a radical jihadist could parachute into the country and as soon as his feet hits the ground he has instantaneous constitutional rights! That's not how it works. We are a humane nation who believes in basic human rights for everyone, and so we believe in treating people in accordance with basic human decency but that has nothing to do with constitutional rights. It is only the citizens of the United States who are protected by the Constitution. And guess what else? That's not ALWAYS an absolute!

Many of our constitutional rights have limitations and restrictions. If an American citizen travels to Mexico and returns, they aren't protected by the 4th Amendment against being searched and having property seized. We suspend that right at the border for national security reasons. We've determined that is "reasonable" and so the Amendment doesn't apply. And that's for an American citizen who IS protected by the Constitution!

There is nothing unconstitutional about Trump's executive order on restricting entry into the US. The President has plenary power granted under the Constitution and many presidents before him have used precisely the same plenary power to do the same thing. It's not a "Muslim ban" but guess what else? He's within his authority to make it one if he wants to! There is no restriction on this, the President has plenary power and he can make this effective for any country or ALL countries if he so chooses. He can make it against a specific religion... he can make it against people with red hair! There is nothing in the Constitution that prohibits him in any way with this. You may not LIKE it... but he has that authority under the Constitution.

there's a body of caselaw that addresses what constitutional protections and what level of constitutional protections are due to people.

you should try studying the issue.

You claim to be a "New York high priced attorney" enlighten us....cite the case laws and interpret them in your own words

So...you believe the *President can ignore the 14th amendment?

It's not a matter of what you or I think he can do, he's DOING it.

This whole thing is based simply on the FACT that we can't get good background on these people.

I've told you morons that now about five times.

If we could get good, reliable background information on them, there would be no need for all this shit -- But we can't.

Britain has very good, very reliable background on all the people that live there and emigrate here.

Syria has shit. Those people never had much of a civilization to begin with and now that there is horrible War going on, thousands of people from hundreds of locations are mixing together and trying to get in here.

Not sure if dimocraps are scum because they're stupid or if they're stupid because they're scum.......... Anybody??

the constitution applies to everyone on our soil....do some reading up on it.

Sorry, no it doesn't. I've read extensively on it.
the Bill of rights applies to everyone on our soil that is answerable to our Laws,

most if not all, foreign diplomat ambassadors are exempt...

can you show us where the Bill of Rights states that ONLY CITIZENS are protected by our constitution's bill of rights?
Even babies? The why do you kill them?
Who's killing babies?

What was this "incredibly dangerous situation" that Obama left us in?

there isn't one.... the loons just keep on trying to justify their bigotry and disgusting hate

You think you're leading the way in teaching us all how to not hate?

I don't think you're learning anything.

Well it's not like you can teach anybody anything, near as I can tell you are just one more hate filled left wing nut job.

that's adorable coming from rightwingnut bigots.

now go back to your little basement and keep trolling.

You make statements like that all the time. So if he's trolling, you are what?

there isn't one.... the loons just keep on trying to justify their bigotry and disgusting hate

You think you're leading the way in teaching us all how to not hate?

I don't think you're learning anything.

Yes, you're the epitome of grasping and processing arguments.

So I'm pro-choice, but I don't read into the Constitution that which is not there. I mean wow, only an ideologue would do that

you're so funny.

You got nothing, huh? Why didn't that surprise me?

Gotcha, the Constitution was a suicide pact.

So what Constitutional right were non-Citizens deprived of?
They weren't deprived of anything, the people in question were barred entry which isn't a Constitutionally Protected right, if you're barred entry you're not legally on U.S. Soil so for lack of a better phrase you're in "International Waters" a situation which (If I'm not mistaken) affords them international treaty protections but nothing with respect to the U.S. Constitution.

IMHO The left's argument regarding this EO is incredibly specious since it was the Obama Administration that put together the list of 7 Nations and they did it for a very good reason; the Nations on that list either do not have the systems in place or have proven to be unwilling to properly screen travelers and share that screening information with the United States (they're also historically origination points for radical Islamic Terrorist and/or state sponsors of Terrorism) which makes them a PERFECT origination point for those wishing to commit violence and other criminal acts on U.S. Soil. The only reason the Obama Administration didn't issue the same EO that Trump did was they didn't want to face the political backlash from their own party, in other words, they knowing allowed this incredibly risky situation to continue unabated for political reasons.
Which part about not doing anything about Nations that his own administration determined were not only inadequately screening and sharing said screening of travelers to the United States but are also historical origination points for radical IslamicTerrorists and/or State Sponsors of Terrorism other than making a list of them didn't you understand?
Their screening was strengthened, and they disallowed Brits and other friendly Nation's citizens from coming without going through the visa process if they were duel citizens from those countries, they stopped any Brit or friendly country citizens from coming here if they had traveled to any of those countries within the past 6 years, from coming here on a Visa Waiver, and made them go through the 18 month to 2 year plus, visa vetting process.

WHAT did Trump do to make us safer? He extended the process for 90 days? WOW! Did he tell us how they were going to strengthen the vetting process, or what they were going to do to make it stronger during those 90 days or even some sort of plan and why those 90 days was going to make a difference on these people?

and again, 15 of the 19 Sept 11th terrorists came from Saudi Arabia, and the San Bernadino wife was from Pakistan, and neither of those two countries were put on President Trump's ban.....and please, none of this blame Obama for Trump's fiasco.

It was hasty, it was ill advised and ill planned, and meant to cause chaos, for the ratings..... :(
The only thing I'll agree with you on is the fact that the implementation was "hasty" , it could have been planned out much better and facilitated with a suspension on the issuance of new visas.

Other than that the situation relative to screening and sharing of information (either because of a lack of adequate systems on their end or an implicit refusal to cooperate) from those 7 COUNTRIES coupled with being a historical origination of malefactors and/or State Sponsors of Terrorism hasn't changed since the list was compiled and thus they were the most attractive jumping off points for those wishing to commit heinous acts on U.S. Soil. Will Trumps EO make an actual difference? we'll see but at least he took action and for that he deserves some credit.

As far as why Saudi Arabia and Pakistan were not on "the list", I'm guessing that (at least in part) it has to do with those countries having screening processes and information sharing that were acceptable to the Obama Administration and thus they chose not to put them on the list.

Here's some info:

"Trump supporters might be surprised at how far the Constitution extends toward non-citizens once they're inside the country, however. Cases extending back to the 1800s, including ones brought by Chinese immigrants challenging the arbitrary seizure of their property, have established the rights of non-citizens under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments including due process and the right to a jury.

In U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, an 1898 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the term “person” under the Fifth Amendment applied to aliens living in the U.S. In Fong Yue Ting v. U.S.,the court held that Chinese laborers, “like all other aliens residing in the United States,” are entitled to protection of the laws."

You are right. I thought I settled that several posts back.

Funny how scumbags like yourself backed the Lying Cocksucker when he killed the "Wet Foot, Dry Foot" rule, though

Ha.Fucking.Ha.

I guess trying to escape from a communist Country isn't all that important to you

the Bill of rights applies to everyone on our soil that is answerable to our Laws,

can you show us where the Bill of Rights states that ONLY CITIZENS are protected by our constitution's bill of rights?
Who's killing babies?

Planned Parenthood.....by the millions

Here's some info:

You are right. I thought I settled that several posts back.

Funny how scumbags like yourself backed the Lying Cocksucker when he killed the "Wet Foot, Dry Foot" rule, though

Ha.Fucking.Ha.

I guess trying to escape from a communist Country isn't all that important to you

She wants in!

Why does the left think the Constitution doesn't apply unborn Americans?
So...every pregnant woman is allowed to drive in the car pool lane BUT can be ticketed for having two people behind the wheel.

It's part of the Globalist belief system. They don't believe in 'American Exceptionalism.' They don't support US sovereignty and independence. And they certainly don't support the US Constitution. They envision their New World Order. A World Government.

And the only way to truly achieve their NWO, is to destroy America as we know it. America is the NWO Globalists' final obstacle. Once it goes, they'll finally have their New World Order. We'll see if Americans oppose and defeat them. Stay tuned.
Jimminee Cricket!

Your darn faux Messiah is changing America and the World, as we know it! Wake up! He's thrown the whole world in to chaos (as planned, out of chaos comes order, yeah, New World Order) in just a few weeks (because he knows his time is short), what is up is now down, what is left is now right, what is tall is now short, what is big is now small what is small is now big....who were friends are now enemies, who were enemies are now friends, what was unfair is now just, telling a lie is good, Telling many of them is even better and PC, telling the truth is now fake....seriously, you have been snowed, been blinded!

Who's killing babies?

Planned Parenthood.....by the millions
They kill babies????? New borns? 3 month olds? year olds?

So...you believe the *President can ignore the 14th amendment?

It's not a matter of what you or I think he can do, he's DOING it.

This whole thing is based simply on the FACT that we can't get good background on these people.

I've told you morons that now about five times.

If we could get good, reliable background information on them, there would be no need for all this shit -- But we can't.

Britain has very good, very reliable background on all the people that live there and emigrate here.

Syria has shit. Those people never had much of a civilization to begin with and now that there is horrible War going on, thousands of people from hundreds of locations are mixing together and trying to get in here.

Not sure if dimocraps are scum because they're stupid or if they're stupid because they're scum.......... Anybody??
I gotta say, the ignorance of the left is just overwhelming. They all think Trump isn't using attorneys to approve all that he's doing.

Forum List

Back