Why don't you have any black friends?

A lot of white whingers think they have "black friends". Just saying "hi" to someone doesn't make you "friends".

Fact is most whites don't think about the subject or care about the subject. Seems only blacks are totally immersed in this racial quandary. They live, eat, breathe, and sleep race.
I personally know many blacks and some of them are good friends.

But they ALL have one thing in common.

Everything is seen and judged thru the lens of race and racism.

They are consumed by it 24/7/365

It's what defines their thinking and world view. .. :cool:

I wouldn't say "everything"; for instance I told a friend and friends of mine who are black, that I was traveling through the "backwoods" of Alabama and rural northern Florida to see my in-laws. They were like "whao! Good luck!" , said the same thing to my white friends and they were like "cool", except for one who did warn me that there were still some "redneck areas down there with the old attitudes.".

It seems a lot of people just simply want to brush the effects of institutionalized slavery, de facto brutal discrimination, de jure and institutionalized oppression, off as "history" and "just get over it". Well, a lot of it isn't just so easy to "get over" especially when the experiences are passed down from one generation to another. For instance; I am a law abiding citizen and 99% of my experiences with police officers have been COMPLETELY fair and positive, but I still have an underlying feeling that I may be profiled or messed with because of the color of my skin. I don't let it manifest itself outwardly because I believe in giving everyone the same chance regardless of color or station in life, but that underlying little feeling still lingers. It's not a completely "imagined" situation if one looks at some points in history where the police were the actual agents and provocateurs of oppression in the "black community". Here another for instance; it's when i hear people talking about wanting to go back to the time of "Leave it to Beaver" and state that those were "the good ole days", my mind switches to "yeah, right for many people, but some people were getting pretty fucked over at that time.".

On an optimistic point; I do know that things are going to get better between the "races", though it's much to the chagrin of some bigots who want to stick to the "old ways".

Phoenix, I think you hit a home run here as well as in your previous post.

Demographics and who we spend the majority of our time around play a huge role in who we choose as friends. Before I retired, there were a group of predominately white guys and women that I traveled with, sometimes weeks at a stretch.We were often in cities where we knew no one, so our leisure time was also spent together. We all had families that we were anxious to get back to, but the safety of familiarity was able to breed friendship. Even though 99% of my time now is spent with immediate family, all of those people that I knew are and will always be welcomed to visit my home if they are going to be in the area.

To this day, I still keep in contact with all of them. I think what I learned through my association with them is that the differences between people are more rooted in life experience.....where you work, how you worship(if you do), and what interests you.

Some of the narrow minded bigots who post here, that draw conclusions about an entire group of peopl based on statistics need to get out a see more of the world.

This is one of the better threads that I have seen in this forum.

Fact is most whites don't think about the subject or care about the subject. Seems only blacks are totally immersed in this racial quandary. They live, eat, breathe, and sleep race.

Besides their hate for white people even though blacks love to get stuff from white taxpayers I feel that Liberalism is a big part of it as well...Blacks feel that government
should provide most if not all of what they need.

I don't usually hang out with anyone other than my wife. (She's black)

I'll hang out with whoever is willing to hang out with me. I don't care what religion, nationality, or class they belong to.

Except Raider fans.

Or republicans. Yuck.

I actually been hanging out with my friend's Mexican neighbors lately. Love it!
I had the best steak burrito last night.

You should make Puerto Rican friends, their food is even better!:eusa_angel:

I need to find some Dominican friends. I had some Dominican food in Harlem and it was awesome.

But the one guy who lives next door can make the best steak. It is like butter in hour mouth.

So his beef is like butter in your mouth? :cool:

You should make Puerto Rican friends, their food is even better!:eusa_angel:

I need to find some Dominican friends. I had some Dominican food in Harlem and it was awesome.

But the one guy who lives next door can make the best steak. It is like butter in hour mouth.

Hmm never had Dominican food, next on my list to make is Jamaican food I have a recipe for a killer chicken curry apparently.

Jerk Chicken rules...but you better like spicy.

When I lived in Harlem, Oakland and Compton all my friends wew black. I didn't even know any white people. My oldest friend is black. We have been friends for 52 years. My male friend is black. My favorite nephew is biracial. My half brother doesn't like white women. He finds them ugly. His current wife is from China. I work with an entirely muslim company of Iranian nationals. I have lived in predominently mexican neighborhoods since 1970. My art school is all Chinese but I'm being encouraged to move to an Iranian school.
Hispanics are the worst. In all my years of living among black and then mexicans the only ones who taught me to despise them were the mexicans. I've lived among this worthless excuse for humanity for decades. And curiously enough I don't recall ever meeting a mexican that I didn't like personally, from the deadliest gang banger to the illegal that slithered across the border this morning.

You need to get back in school and get out of shitty neighborhoods. Damn.

I wouldn't say "everything"; for instance I told a friend and friends of mine who are black, that I was traveling through the "backwoods" of Alabama and rural northern Florida to see my in-laws. They were like "whao! Good luck!" , said the same thing to my white friends and they were like "cool", except for one who did warn me that there were still some "redneck areas down there with the old attitudes.".

It seems a lot of people just simply want to brush the effects of institutionalized slavery, de facto brutal discrimination, de jure and institutionalized oppression, off as "history" and "just get over it". Well, a lot of it isn't just so easy to "get over" especially when the experiences are passed down from one generation to another. For instance; I am a law abiding citizen and 99% of my experiences with police officers have been COMPLETELY fair and positive, but I still have an underlying feeling that I may be profiled or messed with because of the color of my skin. I don't let it manifest itself outwardly because I believe in giving everyone the same chance regardless of color or station in life, but that underlying little feeling still lingers. It's not a completely "imagined" situation if one looks at some points in history where the police were the actual agents and provocateurs of oppression in the "black community". Here another for instance; it's when i hear people talking about wanting to go back to the time of "Leave it to Beaver" and state that those were "the good ole days", my mind switches to "yeah, right for many people, but some people were getting pretty fucked over at that time.".

On an optimistic point; I do know that things are going to get better between the "races", though it's much to the chagrin of some bigots who want to stick to the "old ways".

Damn good post.

When I lived in Harlem, Oakland and Compton all my friends wew black. I didn't even know any white people. My oldest friend is black. We have been friends for 52 years. My male friend is black. My favorite nephew is biracial. My half brother doesn't like white women. He finds them ugly. His current wife is from China. I work with an entirely muslim company of Iranian nationals. I have lived in predominently mexican neighborhoods since 1970. My art school is all Chinese but I'm being encouraged to move to an Iranian school.
Hispanics are the worst. In all my years of living among black and then mexicans the only ones who taught me to despise them were the mexicans. I've lived among this worthless excuse for humanity for decades. And curiously enough I don't recall ever meeting a mexican that I didn't like personally, from the deadliest gang banger to the illegal that slithered across the border this morning.

This is Los Angeles. It's all mexican except for Beverly Hills. That's all Iranian. Even the best mexicans are shitty.

What is a friend? Someone you smoke dope with? A fishing buddy? Someone who goes to your church?
The meaning of friend to me is someone who will give you a kidney, or their life. I don't know any blacks like that. I'm sure they exist, but I don't know any, and I went to 85% black schools from 3rd. - 9th. grade, and I have befriended many :eusa_whistle:

This is Los Angeles. It's all mexican except for Beverly Hills. That's all Iranian. Even the best mexicans are shitty.

There are parts of Los Angeles that are not predominately hispanic....
San Marino, Pasadena, Sierra Madre, Bradbury, Glendale, Eagle Rock, La Canada
are just a few of many. Of course, you will find Hispanics anywhere in California where there is a need for lower wage laborers. There is no getting around that.

If you detest them that much, you might want to explore living in Kansas or Nebraska, because they are not leaving California anytime soon.

You can thank Ronald Reagan for that.

Recently, a Reuters poll came out showing that 40% of white Americans have zero nonwhite friends, and only 20% of white Americans have five or more nonwhite friends. People seemed shocked that the numbers were so bad.

The Reuters survey itself is misleading, lumping all minorities together under the vague heading of "nonwhite." Depending on what part of the country you live in (e.g, anywhere but Minnesota or Wyoming), it's not uncommon to have Asian or Hispanic friends.

The reason why "How many black friends do you have?" is such a terrible question is because it shows how we typically talk when we talk about race. Even when we try to talk about race in a constructive way, we usually make black people the object of the sentence, rarely the subject.

Black friends are the things to be acquired to prove one is not racist. The way the question is asked accords black people no agency, nor does it reveal anything about the real character of the white person being queried.

Opinion: Why don't whites have black friends? - CNN.com

Visit any integrated school and you will see why: Self segregation. Ever heard of the Black Student Union? Oreos? Uncle Toms? Black kids who identify with White values are ostracized by their peers.

I agree, that in any high school one will see self-segregation, especially in lunch rooms, gym teams, and lab partners when self-chosen. One will also see lots of integration, be it a few whites, orientals, Hispanic kids at a 'black table' or some other combination. Check out the jock tables or the geek tables, lots of integration. Yep, like choosing like.

I think that blacks who still have a problem with slavery would probably be better off going back to Africa. Like, if it's so shitty here, why stay? Go home already. Need help packing?

A lot of white whingers think they have "black friends". Just saying "hi" to someone doesn't make you "friends".

It may surprise you to learn I do not have any black friends per se'. I have many black acquaintances that I see around town and I do business with many black Americans but we don't generally run in the same crowd.

are just a few of many. Of course, you will find Hispanics anywhere in California where there is a need for lower wage laborers. There is no getting around that.

If you detest them that much, you might want to explore living in Kansas or Nebraska, because they are not leaving California anytime soon.

They are in Kansas and Nebraska, I've lived in both places. Not as much as California obviously but they are out there.

They are in Kansas and Nebraska, I've lived in both places. Not as much as California obviously but they are out there.

I'm in that area frequently visiting my mother. In her town in Kansas, I've never seen more than just a few.

I think that blacks who still have a problem with slavery would probably be better off going back to Africa. Like, if it's so shitty here, why stay? Go home already. Need help packing?

How does someone "go home" to a place they have never been to before?

You are ignorant.

Forum List

Back