Why don't you have any black friends?

Why should they go back to Africa? You don't think that people here in America have a right to voice their opinions and experiences? Those people are every much a an American as you are or think you are. If you have a problem with a people who have been in this country just as long if not longer than your ancestors, maybe you need to pack up and go back to your ancestral homeland.

Great post. Isn't it interesting how good threads that actually do encourage some dialogue often are high jacked by some nonsense like this?

Judging from this persons way of reasoning, I would estimate him/her to be about 12 years old....using their parents computer without permission.

Thank you, it is pretty sad that some people try to ruin a good discussion/debate with a bunch of stupid crap. The good thing is, we can still have a good discussion regardless of the hateful morons. :)

Absolutely. And good point.

Are you serious? It is a fairly safe assumption that a majority of the black citizens in America have either a traceable or obscure connection to Africa somewhere.....

Just as many white citizens probably have some connection to Europe.

Does this mean to you that Africa is "home" to American blacks, or that Europe is "home" to American whites?

I will let you figure out the answer.

:confused:
Do you hear any whites calling themselves European-Americans? If you define yourself as "African", my guess would be that you love being African.

No, but I certainly have heard some white ethnic people call themselves, Irish Americans, Greek Americans, Italian Americans, Jewish Americans etc. . Why do you care so much about what people call themselves, how does it affect you?

Exactly. As a matter of fact there are way more organizations/social groups for Europeans as a whole that exist for the purpose of preserving their culture and customs from their countries origins within the United States. Mainly because unlike the majority of black America citizens, their points of origin can be traced.

I do not begrudge any Italians, Germans, Poles, Irish or anyone else the right to celebrate their culture, but I am not gong to sit here and blindly buy into the fact that it is ok for them and not ok for black citizens. We all know perfectly well that at the end of day, we are all Americans, however every culture began somewhere other than here, and should have the right to express it.

I couldn't tell you how many or who I know. And anyone who takes this much time to obsess over it has the racial issues.

I have three black friends and two hispanic friends...guess what? they are all formerly active duty military. Oh forgot, the guy who does my landscaping is hispanic and I condsider him a friend, I even invite him to cook outs, but he has to cut the grass & string trim the edging first.

Seriously? Is this a joke? Do poor blacks define their existence by how many whites they know? Probably not many. Threads like this are pointless. I would say: if the OP has a point, make it. Beside the obvious.

There is more segregation now; birds of a feather flock together. I see racism against whites as the most predominate form. Since I recognize this; I'm suspicious of minorities. I think it prudent that I don't put myslef in a compromising position.

= you're a sniveling racist coward

Do you hear any whites calling themselves European-Americans? If you define yourself as "African", my guess would be that you love being African.

No, but I certainly have heard some white ethnic people call themselves, Irish Americans, Greek Americans, Italian Americans, Jewish Americans etc. . Why do you care so much about what people call themselves, how does it affect you?

Exactly. As a matter of fact there are way more organizations/social groups for Europeans as a whole that exist for the purpose of preserving their culture and customs from their countries origins within the United States. Mainly because unlike the majority of black America citizens, their points of origin can be traced.

I do not begrudge any Italians, Germans, Poles, Irish or anyone else the right to celebrate their culture, but I am not gong to sit here and blindly buy into the fact that it is ok for them and not ok for black citizens. We all know perfectly well that at the end of day, we are all Americans, however every culture began somewhere other than here, and should have the right to express it.
Excellent post, excellent points and my sentiments exactly.

Recently, a Reuters poll came out showing that 40% of white Americans have zero nonwhite friends, and only 20% of white Americans have five or more nonwhite friends. People seemed shocked that the numbers were so bad.

The Reuters survey itself is misleading, lumping all minorities together under the vague heading of "nonwhite." Depending on what part of the country you live in (e.g, anywhere but Minnesota or Wyoming), it's not uncommon to have Asian or Hispanic friends.

The reason why "How many black friends do you have?" is such a terrible question is because it shows how we typically talk when we talk about race. Even when we try to talk about race in a constructive way, we usually make black people the object of the sentence, rarely the subject.

Black friends are the things to be acquired to prove one is not racist. The way the question is asked accords black people no agency, nor does it reveal anything about the real character of the white person being queried.

Opinion: Why don't whites have black friends? - CNN.com

from the link

It's a question I get asked a lot, ever since I set out five years ago to find out why I, your typical middle-class white person, had no black friends at all.

since that' is a fucking load of unmitigated bullshit

I didn't bother with the rest of the hate whitey non-sense.

so I'll ask this

Did it list the % of "non-whites" that have white and/or other non-white friends?

if not, just more divisive orders being followed from the obama admin and the dnc

I've never in my life looked at color when choosing my friends. It's more about someone's heart. I don't have any liberally minded friends as in zero. I have nothing in common with them and despise everything they represent. Color plays no role in my decisions as to my friends but your stupidity does. I have many conservative friends of all races.

Yes, all the time. Many millions of Americans proudly declare themselves; via t-shirt, bumper-sticker, flag, and association as being Irish-American, Italian-American, etc. every day, fool.

What HE said^

LL is right.

people will claim the country of their families origin and not the continent.

When slaves came to this country they did not have countries, they had tribes. It was the Europeans who established countries and their own boundaries. Given that they were forbidden to learn to read or write it was difficult to pass down family history

Those areas are also where the richest people live.

Not true. You don't see any rich people in the slums of big cities where most minorities live/ infest. Rich people want guarded/gated areas to keep the maggots OUT!

Yes, all the time. Many millions of Americans proudly declare themselves; via t-shirt, bumper-sticker, flag, and association as being Irish-American, Italian-American, etc. every day, fool.

What HE said^

LL is right.

people will claim the country of their families origin and not the continent.

People whose ancestors came here freely (for the most part) and not stacked like firewood in slave ships. People who know where their ancestors came from specifically because they were not separated, sold off at auction, shipped across the land, and handled as 'merchandise' such that in a few generations they were unlikely to know their family's specific country (such that might have existed at the time) of origin, language, or religion. People who faced enslavement, oppression, death; and even when things got 'better,' segregation, discrimination, and the abrogation of their rights not because of a country of origin but because their ancestors came from a particular continent.

Do you think THAT might have something to do with it?! :mad:

Last edited:
I've never in my life looked at color when choosing my friends. It's more about someone's heart. I don't have any liberally minded friends as in zero. I have nothing in common with them and despise everything they represent. Color plays no role in my decisions as to my friends but your stupidity does. I have many conservative friends of all races.

Sounds like you don't want friends. Sounds like you want an echo chamber.

The bottom line is that the good, decent, contributing, patriotic U.S. citizens are sick and tired of the bs and crap from all the brown sh*t we have let invade here. They contribute NOTHING. They suck us dry. They are mostly criminals/criminal-minded. They are stupid, broke, diseased, dirty, godless, and they breed like rats. They ruin our schools, hospitals, neighborhoods, airports, malls--EVERYWHERE they go. Ugh...

Forum List

Back