Why don't you see the Sunni-Shia divide in the US?

false analogy. and in case you've forgotten:

the first amendment:

First Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

it does not say except for muslims... or except for jews...

it does not give freedom only to christians as some absurd twit said.

nor does it let atheists be subjected to religion.

:thup:

It's not an analogy. It's an outright statement.

The first amendment doesn't mean all that much to those who wish to change it.

:eusa_whistle:

like you? :)

No. I'd have been much happier to see Roe vs Wade left to the states.

And from then on, ever more so.

The Democrats will tolerate the states until they have a more powerful control over their subsistence.

The Republicans would rather the states control the subsistence since it's one less corruption removed from the source.

The source being the three levels of government.

Muslim nations remain third world countries without rule of law or effective government institutions. So they're vulnerable to unscrupulous leaders who divide people along religious fault lines.

When you think about it, with their "anti government" mindset, this is what Republicans want to do here. And the right wing base is vulnerable to Tea Party leaders that prey on their fears. Just the fact they have somehow got the middle class believe that healthcare is a bad thing proves it beyond a shadow of the doubt.

Muslim hatred of government is very close to Republicans hatred of government.

Then there is the religious aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Democrats will tolerate the states until they have a more powerful control over their subsistence.

The Republicans would rather the states control the subsistence since it's one less corruption removed from the source.

Muslim nations remain third world countries without rule of law or effective government institutions. So they're vulnerable to unscrupulous leaders who divide people along religious fault lines.

When you think about it, with their "anti government" mindset, this is what Republicans want to do here. And the right wing base is vulnerable to Tea Party leaders that prey on their fears. Just the fact they have somehow got the middle class believe that healthcare is a bad thing proves it beyond a shadow of the doubt.

They remain because they are stagnant.

Rdean, my dislike is a dislike of the connection of corruptibility and an appreciation for a follow the money style of watchfulness is to keep and eye on the trail. It shows a harder trail to follow the deeper it gets into the business of government.

And for that matter, Nixon showed very clearly why the States should be in a stronger control of their subsistence by keeping more control over their government.

I mean he corrupted all three levels of government and he was Republican.

Rdean thinks the ancient Aztec's society went into decline because of the Republican party.

True story......... :lol: :lol:

This thread began to die once Ropey started to post his crypto nonsense.

And now rdean has driven a stake into it's heart with his off topic anti-republican rants.

Too bad......it could have been a good thread. . :doubt:

This thread began to die once Ropey started to post his crypto nonsense.

And now rdean has driven a stake into it's heart with his off topic anti-republican rants.

Too bad......it could have been a good thread. . :doubt:

:smiliehug:

Cheer up.

I know. A Follow the Money Strategy isn't something that's appreciated by Muslims in the US at the moment.

/yehudi

federally protected rights can't be left to the states because states can't provide fewer protections than the federal constitution.

the articles of confederation were replaced by our constitution. thank G-d

federally protected rights can't be left to the states because states can't provide fewer protections than the federal constitution.

the articles of confederation were replaced by our constitution. thank G-d

They weren't 'federally protected' before.

G-d not withstanding.

They remain because they are stagnant.

Rdean, my dislike is a dislike of the connection of corruptibility and an appreciation for a follow the money style of watchfulness is to keep and eye on the trail. It shows a harder trail to follow the deeper it gets into the business of government.

And for that matter, Nixon showed very clearly why the States should be in a stronger control of their subsistence by keeping more control over their government.

I mean he corrupted all three levels of government and he was Republican.

The researchers studied more than 25,000 convictions of public officials for violation of federal corruption laws between 1976 and 2008 as well as patterns in state spending to develop a corruption index that estimates the most and least corrupt states in the union. Based on this method, the the most corrupt states are:

1. Mississippi
2. Louisiana
3. Tennessee
4. Illinois
5. Pennsylvania
6. Alabama
7. Alaska
8. South Dakota
9. Kentucky
10. Florida

10 most corrupt states in America

Republicans on the USMB complain that I complain about Republicans. Yet, by every metric, they are a disaster. The poorest states, the most corrupt. It was Republicans that ginned up America into this disastrous invasion of Iraq. Republicans don't even try to understand other cultures or even others not them in this country. Voter suppression, deregulating Wall Street, trying to abolish the EPA, anti science, defending BP from their disastrous oil spill. Their call for troops and bombs all over the Middle East.

After their fiasco in the Middle East, the fact that the media runs to them for even more disastrous advice it simply beyond understanding. Hearing them talk about people not them, explaining foreign cultures (they hate us for our freedom) and the insane predictions they make based on bizarre policy is just too much.

It's not just me. The congress has a 7 or 9% approval rating, not sure which, because they are a mess. And they fact they take no responsibility for anything. Look at their many, many debacles for the last 15 years. What do they take responsibility for? All I can think of is taking out Bin Laden, the guy they let go. What nerve.

And they blame everything on Democrats. Obviously, we never would have gone into Iraq if Democrats hadn't agreed. So it must be the fault of the Democrats? Really?

Republicans and Democrats may be a house divided but that's still so much healthier than the Shia/Sunni divide and the US will stand again. Let anyone attack it and see. Even with President Obama leading from behind.

Oh, right, that's following.

Taking the govt. out of the political aspect of the Islamic religion, seems to dispel a lot of confrontation of the Islamic religion where politics are involved......

This is true.

Nobody cares if a neighbor wants to bury their nose in Mohammad's ancient tome and wear out their own knee caps in supplication to The God of Abraham's dreams, it's the attempted enforcement of Sharia Law where problems begin.

Freedom of speech - Tolerance.
Freedom of worship - Tolerance.
Freedom of assembly - Tolerance.

Without tolerance, the wheels of freedom fly off the truck and the evil doers win

Yes, and there's a dividing line there as well.

See how long tolerating a murderer in your house goes.

That's another line of divide or demarcation line from where philosophy meets reality.

That is the way I believe God sees it, Ropey. The bible says He who hates his brother is a murderer. It matters not who the person is who hates nor who the person is who is being hated. It is murder and we know that no man who hates his brother can love God because the bible tells us they can't. That is why Love is the fulfillment of the Law. Who can love their enemy? Only one who has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation because it takes Gods love to love our enemies. The love an unredeemed man gives cannot accomplish that. He is simply not capable.

It is written: If a man say I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar. For he who loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment have we from him, that he that loveth God loveth his brother also. 1 John 4:20

We are commanded to love our enemies. The world loves its own but cannot love their enemies.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. All as in all. No man can say he has not sinned. We all have sinned. This is why we need the blood of Jesus Christ to forgive us of all sin. Then Jesus will give us a new heart and we will love all mankind. Not just the ones that agree with our politics, not just the ones who are nice to us, not just the ones that appeal to us, but all mankind including the unlovely and those who despise us.

The proverbs declare that the wicked seek the lives of the righteous but the righteous seeketh their souls. That means that while the wicked are plotting to murder you, you should be praying for God to save their souls. Because you love them with Christ's love and do not want them to go to hell. If we truly saw our own sins - even the sins of judging others for the exact same things we ourselves are guilty of? We'd never judge another person so long as we lived. That does not happen overnight. Sanctification is a process while redemption is immediate. Let us give grace and mercy to others as we ourselves have received from God who loved us while we were yet sinners. Amen? Amen. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
This is true.

Nobody cares if a neighbor wants to bury their nose in Mohammad's ancient tome and wear out their own knee caps in supplication to The God of Abraham's dreams, it's the attempted enforcement of Sharia Law where problems begin.

Freedom of speech - Tolerance.
Freedom of worship - Tolerance.
Freedom of assembly - Tolerance.

Without tolerance, the wheels of freedom fly off the truck and the evil doers win

That's another line of divide or demarcation line from where philosophy meets reality.

That is the way I believe God sees it, Ropey. The bible says He who hates his brother is a murderer. It matters not who the person is who hates nor who the person is who is being hated. It is murder and we know that no man who hates his brother can love God because the bible tells us they can't. That is why Love is the fulfillment of the Law. Who can love their enemy? Only one who has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation because it takes Gods love to love our enemies. The love an unredeemed man gives cannot accomplish that. He is simply not capable.

It is written: If a man say I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar. For he who loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment have we from him, that he that loveth God loveth his brother also. 1 John 4:20

We are commanded to love our enemies. The world loves its own but cannot love their enemies.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. All as in all. No man can say he has not sinned. We all have sinned. This is why we need the blood of Jesus Christ to forgive us of all sin. Then Jesus will give us a new heart and we will love all mankind. Not just the ones that agree with our politics, not just the ones who are nice to us, not just the ones that appeal to us, but all mankind including the unlovely and those who despise us.

The proverbs declare that the wicked seek the lives of the righteous but the righteous seeketh their souls. That means that while the wicked are plotting to murder you, you should be praying for God to save their souls. Because you love them with Christ's love and do not want them to go to hell. If we truly saw our own sins - even the sins of judging others for the exact same things we ourselves are guilty of? We'd never judge another person so long as we lived. That does not happen overnight. Sanctification is a process while redemption is immediate. Let us give grace and mercy to others as we ourselves have received from God who loved us while we were yet sinners. Amen? Amen. :eusa_angel:

:)

Well put Jeri. I've a different belief somewhat but It's all about what the determining factor is in truth.

Mercy is granted, not given.

Granted because mercy is in control when it grants itself.

This is a known wisdom.

Why don't you see the Sunni-Shia divide in the US?

Because we have laws against murdering one another for religious differences?

And because we're not a third world country.

I do not know why it is but what does it matter? The bible says love is stronger than death. Not hatred! We must love our enemies. There are no exemptions from this. If we do not love our enemies we cannot enter into heaven and we cannot love our enemies until we come to the foot of the Cross and receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Romans 10: 8,9. This is why all mankind must believe on the Lord Jesus and be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven. It doesn't matter who they are. Muslim, Jew, Greek, Gentile, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The blood of Jesus redeems us. We either receive His pardon or we leave this earth condemned in our sins. Mark 16.

:)

Well put Jeri. I've a different belief somewhat but It's all about what the determining factor is in truth.

Mercy is granted, not given.

Granted because mercy is in control when it grants itself.

This is a known wisdom.

Here is a good story, Ropey -

Two men went into the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a Publican. The Pharisee prayed thus with himself, God I thank thee that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all I possess.

And the publican standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, God be merciful unto me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down justified rather than the other, for everyone who exalteth himself shall be abased and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. - Luke 18: 10-14

It is not our righteousness that makes us worthy to enter into heaven. It is the mercy of God and how great was Gods mercy that He sent His only begotten Son to hang on a cross and shed his own blood in order to redeem us - Jesus paid the price yes- to even be forsaken by the Father and to go to hell to take the keys and ascend back up into heaven as it was prophesied He would by King Agur in Proverbs 30: 1 -4

The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal. Surely I am more brutish than any other man, and have not the understanding of a man. I neither learned wisdom nor have the knowledge of the holy.
Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name and what is his sons name, if thou canst tell? - Proverbs 30:1-4

It is also noteworthy that even King Nebuchadnezzar saw the Son of God when he looked upon Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo when they were bound hand and foot and cast into the fiery furnace for refusing to bow down to an idol made of gold. What did King Nebuchadnezzar say?

It is written in Daniel 3: 23 - 25

And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire and they have no hurt. And the form of the fourth looks like the Son of God. - Daniel 3: 23-25

Who is the Son of God? Jesus Christ. Before the foundations of the earth he was. Jesus Christ was the fourth man in the fire that King Nebuchadnezzar saw that day. He not only saved the lives of those three Hebrew young men who were cast into a fire to be killed but he has redeemed all who will come unto him and believe on him and refuse to deny him - from an everlasting fire that is known as hell.

Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved! There is no other deliverance awaiting us! The anti christ will soon be upon us and if it were possible even the very elect would be deceived! Do not say tomorrow! Do not say next week! Today is the day of salvation! Today! We have no guarantee of tomorrow! Jesus loves you and has paid this price for your redemption!!! Why would you wait? Why would you delay? Because of the opinion of men? Because of the fear of man? Fear of being cast out of a family? Fear of being cast out of a mosque? Fear of being cast out of a synagogue? Fear of being cast out of a mormon church or a Catholic Church which teaches the doctrines of devils rather than that only by the shed blood of Jesus Christ who is God can one be saved and that no man who denies Jesus Christ who has come in the flesh can enter heaven? ( not works like keeping the sabbath or doing pennance ) Would those men be willing to hang on a cross for your sins to redeem you from hell? Would they even care if they were to learn of your ending up in hell? Ten thousand times no. They would not. Do not fear man! Fear God who has the power to cast into hell! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive the mercy filled pardon of God today. The devil has lied to you. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life and no man cometh to the Father except through Him! ( no man )

Last edited:
Oh, right.

This is the Religion and Ethics thread.

Sorry,

/bows out

false analogy. and in case you've forgotten:

the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

First Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

it does not say except for muslims... or except for jews...

it does not give freedom only to christians as some absurd twit said.

nor does it let atheists be subjected to religion.

:thup:

Perhaps we should be a little more diligent about who we clothe in our Constitution, and hand out voting cards to........

Republicans and Democrats may be a house divided but that's still so much healthier than the Shia/Sunni divide and the US will stand again. Let anyone attack it and see. Even with President Obama leading from behind.

Now that right wingers have made Putin a hero, they would never support Obama no matter what. Besides, Putin publicly hates minorities and invades people's bedrooms. See? Putin and the GOP have a LOT in common. And awful lot.

Now that right wingers have made Putin a hero, they would never support Obama no matter what. Besides, Putin publicly hates minorities and invades people's bedrooms. See? Putin and the GOP have a LOT in common. And awful lot.

[ame=http://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE]Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE]Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' - YouTube[/ame]

Something true with all presidents. The point?

Forum List

Back