Why educated people are more Liberal

How many 'educated' snowflakes are going to hand over $1,200 a ticket to see the lying, self-serving, sexual-deviant-enabling, national-security-endangering, American Ambassador-Abandoning, Law-Breaking, Worst-Candidate / Worst Political Campaign-Running 2-time Loser whine and bitch about losing the 2016 Presidential election, blaming anyone and everyone but herself?

Hillary – the live show: Clinton launching book tour | Daily Mail Online

"Hillary – the live show: Clinton to tell audiences her 'personal, raw, detailed and surprisingly funny story' in unprecedented nationwide tour with tickets selling for up to $1,200"

Perhaps Hutch and Ant can go together.... :p

Because the dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k?

Tell my oldest son that. He'll laugh you into the next state. He graduated from a "posh" school at 21 with a bachelor's degree and commenced working three weeks later for ~$120K/year and was given a $15K signing bonus.

What did his degree cost him?
  • Time spent thinking about, tailoring and then applying the advice he got from me, his mentors, his counselors, etc.
  • Time spent exploring who he is and wants to be, what he wants out of life, and then setting about making it happen.
  • Time spent studying (middle and high school + college), instead of "cavorting."
  • Time spent doing internships for part of his summers, instead of traveling and "cavorting."
  • Time spent traveling the world and "cavorting" so as to learn about more than the little world in which he grew up.
Might there in his starting cohort be kids who went to less pricey schools? There almost certainly are such kids. That neither makes my kid's pricey degree less "worth it" nor their less dear one more "worth it." Insofar as they are all pleased with the outcome, they all are "worth it."

The points of all that:
  • Time, not money, is one's most precious resource. In that regard, my kid and those other kids, almost certainly invested about the same quantities of time to obtain their very similar results.
  • there's a time and place for everything, and so long as one prudently "knits it all together," there's time for all of it, and it in the long run, it all pays off and make each part of journey "worth it."
  • What's "worth it" is wholly a function of whether one is satisfied with the results one obtains, not whether and what someone else thinks about whether one's investment of resources is worth it.

Because the dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k?

Tell my oldest son that. He'll laugh you into the next state. He graduated from a "posh" school at 21 with a bachelor's degree and commenced working three weeks later for ~$120K/year and was given a $15K signing bonus.

LOL when did he graduate 1976? I don't get out of bed for less than twice that. :laugh:

• Time spent thinking about, tailoring and then applying the advice he got from me, his mentors, his counselors, etc.
  • Time spent exploring who he is and wants to be, what he wants out of life, and then setting about making it happen.
  • Time spent studying (middle and high school + college), instead of "cavorting."
  • Time spent doing internships for part of his summers, instead of traveling and "cavorting."
  • Time spent traveling the world and "cavorting" so as to learn about more than the little world in which he grew up.
Might there in his starting cohort be kids who went to less pricey schools? There almost certainly are such kids. That neither makes my kid's pricey degree less "worth it" nor their less dear one more "worth it." Insofar as they are all pleased with the outcome, they all are "worth it."

The points of all that:
  • Time, not money, is one's most precious resource. In that regard, my kid and those other kids, almost certainly invested about the same quantities of time to obtain their very similar results.
  • there's a time and place for everything, and so long as one prudently "knits it all together," there's time for all of it, and it in the long run, it all pays off and make each part of journey "worth it."
  • What's "worth it" is wholly a function of whether one is satisfied with the results one obtains, not whether and what someone else thinks about whether one's investment of resources is worth it.

Bravo!

The best explanation I have seen. I agree completely. It's about personal growth and maturity. It's about starting out in adult life as strong, confident and competent as possible.

Very good!

:clap2:

LOL when did he graduate 1976? I don't get out of bed for less than twice that. :laugh:

Well, that's you; you keep doing that if it pleases you. My kid graduated two years ago, and both he and I quite satisfied with his achievements to date.

Well, that's you; you keep doing that if it pleases you. My kid graduated two years ago, and both he and I quite satisfied with his achievements to date.

And how many years until he pays off the $200k in student loans?

The replies in this thread are a perfect demonstration of just how stupid uneducated conservatives are.
It never ceases to amaze me, how LibTards think that calling much of the country a 'basket of deplorables' was ever - or could ever be - a winning formula.

All those advanced degrees, and, collectively, they're still dumb as a box-o-rox...

Amazingly stupid... and funny-as-hell...

Did you not read the post? Let me repeat it for you.

Please tell me your kid didn't take out a home mortgage size loan to fund this degree, which was my original point, which you responded to, and is the topic of this discussion.

the $200k in student loans?

Where do you come up with the expectation that material quantities of kids have $200K in student loans?

There are almost certainly some very small quantity of individuals who may have that much student loan debt, but that is not typical. It's not even close to typical.
  • 2016 -- The average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year.
  • 2012 -- The average graduate borrowed $29,400 for a four-year degree and $57,600 for a graduate degree in 2012
  • 2003 - 2012 -- Cumulative Debt for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies over Time

sa-2014-figures-16a.png

• Notes:
      • Among the 11% of graduate degree recipients with $120,000 or more in student loan debt, 80% of all education debt was associated with graduate study. Almost 60% of the debt of graduate students with less than $40,000 in total debt came from graduate study.
      • The depiction above includes all loans ever borrowed for both graduate and undergraduate education for 2011-12 and prior years. Doctoral degree–professional practice programs include chiropractic, dentistry, law, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, podiatry, and veterinary medicine. This category was labeled “first professional degrees” in 2003-04 and 2007-08. Includes students who were U.S. citizens or permanent residents and excludes postbaccalaureate and postmaster’s certificate recipients. Percentages may not sum to 100 because of rounding.
    • Key Points:
      • The percentage of graduate degree recipients borrowing $80,000 or more (in 2012 dollars) for their combined undergraduate and graduate studies increased from 7% in 2003-04 to 11% in 2007-08, and to 23% in 2011-12.
      • The percentage of graduate degree recipients who did not borrow or who borrowed less than $40,000 for their combined undergraduate and graduate studies declined from 79% in 2003-04 to 66% in 2007-08, and to 53% in 2011-12.
      • Although over half of all students who received professional practice doctoral degrees (for example, doctors, lawyers, and dentists) in 2011-12 borrowed $120,000 or more for their combined undergraduate and graduate studies, only 11% of all graduate degree recipients accumulated this much debt.
      • Three-quarters of graduate degrees awarded in 2011-12 were master’s degrees. More than a quarter of master’s degree recipients did not borrow for either undergraduate or graduate education. Seventeen percent borrowed a total of $80,000 or more.
The source for the graphic above is the College Board. Their site is well worth your exploration if you are indeed interested in actually knowing what you are talking about rather than merely regurgitating the hype you've heard and seen from "wherever."

At my son's alma mater, ~45% of the students at the school receive some amount of need-based aid. The remainder are financing their education via a host of means which necessarily include one or more of the following: non-need based loans, out-of-pocket expenditures, "standard"/private loans, scholarships and grants.

For my son's school, I know that explicitly designated student loans -- need-based or not -- won't cover the cost of the tuition, let alone room and board. Insofar as that's the case, it's simply not possible to have need-based loans of $200K for a four-year degree. So if a student is getting $200K in student loans, s/he must do so by obtaining a non-need-based loan(s) and the approbation of a credit-worthy cosigner.

Now, speaking for myself, I wouldn't cosign one or several loans totaling to $100K+ for my kids to go to a very pricey school instead of to a far more reasonably priced institution; doing so is just imprudent. That said, I'm sure there are some reckless people out there who'd cosign for such a thing. I frankly have no pity for their or the kids who fatuously assume debt to that extent when there are considerably less pricey ways to get a fine college education.

Please tell me your kid didn't take out a home mortgage size loan to fund this degree, which was my original point, which you responded to, and is the topic of this discussion.

What exactly is relevant about how my kids' education has been paid-for?

I have four children. How their educations have been financed is indicative of nothing, no matter how it happens and no matter how similar or differently it happen in comparison to other kids.

What is relevant is what happens with most kids and how they and their families finance their educations. That is what I addressed in post 475.

which was my original point, which you responded to, and is the topic of this discussion.

Actually, the topic of discussion, the thread title too, is "Why educated people are more Liberal." (Glance at the address bar in your browser and you probably will see that.)

You didn't actually address that -- your post to which I initially responded is post #2 in the thread -- unless, of course, you actually were sincerely rather than rhetorically asking whether individuals having "college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal" because " dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k."

I gave you more credit than to think that you posted the question you did as a sincere question rather than a rhetorical one. Perhaps I should not have. You tell me.

Either way, your question (and any direct and credible answers to it) has little to nothing to do with why educated people tend to be liberal.

Last edited:

I have four children. How their educations have been financed is indicative of nothing, no matter how it happens and no matter how similar or differently it happen in comparison to other kids.

What is relevant is what happens with most kids and how they and their families finance their educations. That is what I addressed in post 475.

LOL did you attend college and pay attention during economics?

LOL did you attend college and pay attention during economics?
Yes.

Forum List

Back