Why forgive "student loans" and not all other loans? Why is Biden (democrats) so adamant about it?

Then you don’t get to go there. When did the myth that everyone gets to do whatever they want to do exactly how they envisioned it get started? If you live in Utah and can’t afford UT out of state tuition and also don’t want to take out a loan then I guess you don’t get to attend UT. The US public certainly shouldn’t be on the hook to fund it for you.
If you're good enough to get in to a highly selective college, you shouldn't be denied the opportunity for lack of means.

But I don't really give a xit about that.

The way we finance higher ed is ridiculous.

Education is a Common Good.....it should be financed accordingly

If you're good enough to get in to a highly selective college, you shouldn't be denied the opportunity for lack of means.

So the guy driving a truck benefits just as much as the guy with a medical degree?

You ask how do I expect people to take me seriously?

Why?

If the common good is going to fund your degree then the common good gets a say in what you study.

So the guy driving a truck benefits just as much as the guy with a medical degree?

You ask how do I expect people to take me seriously?
The trucker certainly does....when decades of Big Gulps and bean burritos catch up with him.

The trucker certainly does....when decades of Big Gulps and bean burritos catch up with him.
He doesn't benefit just as much. He certainly doesn't benefit as a lawyer benefits. The doctor benefits to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Why?

If the common good is going to fund your degree then the common good gets a say in what you study.
Basic economics..

Utilization of resources.

If the common good is going to fund your degree then the common good gets a say in what you study

James Jesus Angleton once held the most critical job in the country.

Care to guess what his major was?

Ever fly through Midway?

Read the exhibits?

About whom they used to break the Japanese codes?

Basic economics..

Ever fly through Midway?

Read the exhibits?

Basic economics..

They have some special insight at Yale they don’t at FSU? Fucked up that they are hoarding knowledge like that.

Ever fly through Midway?

Read the exhibits?

Don’t know, don’t care.

How many FSU grads have been POTUS?

How many on SCOTUS?
Are you saying that Harvard or Yale possess some knowledge that FSU or UT don’t have? Or has an arbitrary value been placed on going there and they draw well connected and intelligent people because of it?
Then share your ignorance with someone else.

1. That guy didn’t hold the most critical job in the country.

We shouldn’t as a society fund any degree on the off chance that someone of note might end up wanting to major in English Lit or Marketing. The chance of that person making a real and tangible difference in our society is far less than an engineer or doctor.

Are you saying that Harvard or Yale possess some knowledge that FSU or UT don’t have? Or has an arbitrary value been placed on going there and they draw well connected and intelligent people because of it?

1. That guy didn’t hold the most critical job in the country.

We shouldn’t as a society fund any degree on the off chance that someone of note might end up wanting to major in English Lit or Marketing. The chance of that person making a real and tangible difference in our society is far less than an engineer or doctor.
Yell at the facts.

The chance of that person making a real and tangible difference in our society is far less than an engineer or doctor

That's crap.

We will ALWAYS need people who can read.

If you don't believe me, consider the remarkable number of bit twiddlers who continue to believe that Donald Trump is a "great bidnessman".

Yell at the facts.
Which facts? Can you list the knowledge Harvard or Yale has that FSU or UT doesnt? What “thing“ other than reputation makes them better? Would President Obama have not been a good President had he attended UF or OSU vs Columbia? Was Reagan a bad President because he attended Eureka?

That's crap.

We will ALWAYS need people who can read.

If you don't believe me, consider the remarkable number of bit twiddlers who continue to believe that Donald Trump is a "great bidnessman".

I dont have to go to Harvard or major in English Lit to be able to read. If all the English Lit majors and plumbers died 30 seconds ago which group do you think society would miss more and sooner?

Forum List

Back