Why forgive "student loans" and not all other loans? Why is Biden (democrats) so adamant about it?

So you claim a 40 billion increase in the debt would cause your personal taxes to increase?

Really?

What a dope
We paid 1.6 trillion last year in interest on the debt. If we weren't in debt that's 1.6 Trillion we don't have to pay. 1.6 trillion divided by the US population is 4500 ish. I'm married with 2 dependents, that's 18k in taxes I wouldn't have had to pay were we not in the debt we currently are.

So yes the US Government incurring debt does affect my taxes.

The interest on 40 billion at 5% is 2 billion. Divided by the us population is about 6 bucks a year in taxes per person to cover it.

Last edited:
We paid 1.6 trillion last year in interest on the debt. If we weren't in debt that's 1.6 Trillion we don't have to pay. 1.6 trillion divided by the US population is 4500 ish. I'm married with 2 dependents, that's 18k in taxes I wouldn't have had to pay were we not in the debt we currently are.

So yes the US Government incurring debt does affect my taxes.
oh-shit-son-oh-shit.gif

There are over 3900 4 year degree granting institutions not called Yale or Sarah Lawrence in the US. The cost to attended them is far less than 50 or 60k a year.

You can go to Florida State as a resident for under 100k for 4 years.
Out of state at a place like Texas or Colorado will cost you 60.

Out of state at a place like Texas or Colorado will cost you 60.
Then you don’t get to go there. When did the myth that everyone gets to do whatever they want to do exactly how they envisioned it get started? If you live in Utah and can’t afford UT out of state tuition and also don’t want to take out a loan then I guess you don’t get to attend UT. The US public certainly shouldn’t be on the hook to fund it for you.

Forum List

Back