Why God does not care.

RANDOMVARIABLE SAID:

“Exactly. God uses what he has.”

Demonstrating there is no 'god' as perceived by theists.

An omnipotent deity wouldn't need to 'use what he has,' consequently your 'god' is not omnipotent, merely a creation of man, and unworthy of worship.

So the story is not true and you do not believe in God or the story is true and you do not believe in God?

If the story of the flood is true then where are the mud deposits?
Excellent point. So the story is not true and you do not believe in God or the story is true and you do not believe in God?

Where are the mud deposits worldwide?

No mud deposits means that it was just a myth.
So God does not exist?

There is zero credible evidence for the existence of any god(s).
Is that conclusion based in part in the evidence that the story of Noah is a myth? (You're statement, not mine.)

So the story is not true and you do not believe in God or the story is true and you do not believe in God?

Excellent point. So the story is not true and you do not believe in God or the story is true and you do not believe in God?

So God does not exist?
'God' does not exist as perceived by theists; 'god' does exist as a creation of man, a religious contrivance or philosophical construct – 'god' as the collective goodness of man, or 'god' as the collective conscience of man – a metaphor, simile, or idiomatic allusion.

There is not, however, an omnipotent extraterrestrial entity that 'hears prayers,' 'intercedes' on the behalf of mortals, and issues religious edicts that must be obeyed lest the transgressors be subject to some post-mortem 'punishment.'
Before we begin may I stick to defending the God I know and not have to counter every odd little attribute some theist somewhere, at some time, decided to include in his particular description of god?

RANDOMVARIABLE SAID:

“Exactly. God uses what he has.”

Demonstrating there is no 'god' as perceived by theists.

An omnipotent deity wouldn't need to 'use what he has,' consequently your 'god' is not omnipotent, merely a creation of man, and unworthy of worship.
Out of curiosity, have you read the OP?

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”
Exactly. God uses what he has. If he has a branch, he uses a branch. If he has a car he uses a car, sometimes he uses tornadoes. Sometimes tornadoes are just thermodynamics and air currents. God intervenes, he does not micromanage. Unless he is taking over the whole mess.
Exactly. God uses what he has. If he has a branch, he uses a branch ...

just curious, if God had your arm would the Almighty ... - is it the same as a car?

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”
Exactly. God uses what he has. If he has a branch, he uses a branch. If he has a car he uses a car, sometimes he uses tornadoes. Sometimes tornadoes are just thermodynamics and air currents. God intervenes, he does not micromanage. Unless he is taking over the whole mess.
Exactly. God uses what he has. If he has a branch, he uses a branch ...

just curious, if God had your arm would the Almighty ... - is it the same as a car?

Please rephrase that. I do not understand the question.

I thought there was a post in here I could reply to about this but guess not. One piece of information I gathered to reach this understanding was Exodus 4:2
And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.​

God could have given Moses a bright, shiny orb of power that could split the Red Sea but God did not. He said, use what you have, Moses. God does not manipulate the environment more than He needs to. The conversation starts small and grows from there.

So God does not exist?

Is that conclusion based in part in the evidence that the story of Noah is a myth? (You're statement, not mine.)

That is a statement of fact. A flood of the size claimed in your bible would have left masses of evidence all over the world. No such evidence exists.

Amazon Vertigo

Poison Ivy (DC Comics), the fictional super-terrorist who serves as a nemesis of the eccentrically valiant caped crusader Batman, makes everyone panic on Earth Day.

This is both good and bad, based on your perspective.

Why is God required to take sides?

:afro:

Poison Ivy (Wikipedia)

pi.png

So God does not exist?

That is a statement of fact. A flood of the size claimed in your bible would have left masses of evidence all over the world. No such evidence exists.
So no evidence of a flood is evidence of no God?

Amazon Vertigo

Poison Ivy (DC Comics), the fictional super-terrorist who serves as a nemesis of the eccentrically valiant caped crusader Batman, makes everyone panic on Earth Day.

This is both good and bad, based on your perspective.

Why is God required to take sides?

:afro:

Poison Ivy (Wikipedia)

View attachment 41042
No. People who do not watch where they are going should make everyone panic. God offered to help both.

So God does not exist?

So no evidence of a flood is evidence of no God?

Forum List

Back